• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pennhurst Asylum

u k i y o

딸기

Dear reader,
We've received your request to send your child to Pennhurst Asylum. We assure you that we have only the best of the best here looking after your child and promise that they will be taken care of while they stay. Nurses and staff will be here to ensure your child is safe and will provide your child with daily necessities. There will be therapy sessions twice a week and three meals a day will be provided, as well as snacks if your child so wishes. Visitors are allowed once every two weeks and outside items will be allowed in after being checked by the security, as we wish for no one to get hurt. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
~Headmistress

What the letter didn't write was that almost every patient wants to leave. The food is bad, the nurses are rude and violent. Security gets away with doing anything they want. It's overly crowded. More than half the patients have been misdiagnosed and are given the wrong treatments. Not the mention the fact that over 20 of them go missing a month.

Rules
1) Please post at least twice a week
2) Minimum of 5 sentences a post (a paragraph)
3) Fighting in character is allowed but please, no drama out of character
4) Currently there is no character limit, but please make sure you can take care of them all

Tags: q r o w q r o w C r y s t a l s C r y s t a l s MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx FireMaiden FireMaiden dragonsfire dragonsfire

Links: Pennhurst Asylum CS
Pennhurst Asylum ooc

Last edited:
Starting post
A slight audible click could be heard on the intercom, followed by a slight tapping on the mic. "Testing. Testing. 123... Okay." The woman on the intercom cleared her throat a bit, before continuing. She sounded way too preppy for it to be six-thirty in the morning and it was quite obvious that the nurse that was talking was quite the attention whore, maybe even trying to get the attention of a listening guard. "Alright patients it's time for everyone to get up now. Breakfast will be held at seven sharp and there will be no skipping out. Nurses and guards will be checking the rooms to make sure that everyone has left." She paused for a few muttering something under her breath, probably something to another nurse, before continuing. "After breakfast at eight O' clock there will be activities. Your options are going out for a walk where you'll meet up at the front door, watching a movie, playing in the game room, or writing letters." She said and one could literally hear the roll of her eyes at the last part of her sentence.

"Lunch will be held at twelve O' clock, and afterwards everyone will split into groups and have a group therapy session. "No we are not grouping the therapy by mental disorders, so please be considerate." She said and there was a bit of laughter heard in the background. "Dinner will be held at six O' clock and afterwards you'll all have free time. Remember, all medication will be taken at every meal, and some will have to take medication in between then. Also- shut up Lisa I'm trying to talk!" The nurse who was speaking suddenly said, and a loud slap could be heard over the intercom. "Also I'm sure you already no this but no sexual intercourse is to go on between the patients." She said and afterwards proceeded to read a list of patients who had visitors coming today before ending the little "speech".

Anyone who had been at the asylum long enough (a week) knew that the food they served for breakfast was going to be stale pancakes, old grits, undercooked sausage and bacon, as well as some orange juice and apple juice that tasted strange. That was what they always had on Mondays and it might've been the worst breakfast of the week. Anyone who had stayed long enough would also know that the walk or the movie would be the best option. The games that they had were either broken or missing half of its necessities, and the letters they wrote were never sent to the person they wanted them to be, causing it to be a simple waste of time. The walk would at least be some time out of the asylum and while the movies were almost always horror or romance, they at least never watched the same thing twice.

The rooms were probably the worst thing about the asylum. Despite having only two beds in them (one on either side) and an attached bathroom, there was almost always five or more people in a room. There were no windows, making the room feel more cramped, and there was no door on the inside of the room, meaning once you were in you couldn't come out until you were let out. Not even mentioning the fact that the rooms were always freezing cold. After a while it became more bearable, although it was always annoying.

q r o w q r o w MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx C r y s t a l s C r y s t a l s

*Hidden Scrollz*

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg
"Eve, you ready to go?" A man's voice called out for his daughter as she came out with her suitcase and teddy bear. She didn't know where she was going, but father said it would help her, and she wanted to make him proud again. "Yes, papa." She said, taking the glass from his hand and then sat in the wheelchair they used to transport her. She gave one last smile, before clutching her stuffed animal and falling asleep. Her father put a thin blanket over her for extra safety and proceeded to load her into the car with care.

Evanna was currently sedated in the back seat of her father's car. Her doctor sat in the front passenger seat, while her dad drove. As usaul, they were discussing the girl's health condition. She was underweight, yet ate with no problem.
No disorder. High Metabolism and small stomach were the only things they could think of. Was her panic attacks getting worse? All concerns for her health when they were taking her to the one place that would end up more than likely killing her. An asylum. The car proceeded down the road, black curtains coving the back windows, but the windshield was clear.
Eva began to mumble through the sedation. Her dark blocky sunglasses covering her face, along with an oversized sun hat.
A thin black blanket wrapped around her.

They pulled into the asylum's entryway as Eva woke up. "papa?" she called out. Of course, she didn't move because she knew where she was by the motion. Still in a car...outside. Her body shivered as the car came to a stop. The girl unbuckled the special built in buckle and grabbed her bear and suitcase, keeping the blanket blocking the sun. Her father opened the door, helping her into the wheelchair until the could get inside. The blanket was thrown over her face again to keep her from seeing the light even with the glasses and hat, her father wanted to be sure. The doctor trailed behind them as they walked towards the entrance. "I called ahead to inform them of our arrival, so someone should be with us shortly. " The doctor said, but it made Eve mad. "I thought I was here only a few days," Eve said, looking for his shape through the blanket. Her father was the one who answered her question. "well.....baby girl it might be a little longer than that. " He said slowly. She stomped her foot, angry she was lied to.

She pulled down the blanket and stared at him with anger, he jumped back, afraid. Her eyes then reflected worry and sorrow. "S-sorry papa" She mumbled, pulling the blanket over her head. The trio patiently waited for someone to assist them. The doctor anxiously tapped his pen against his clip board, wanting to see his friends (if that's okay.) the owner or one of the nurses. u k i y o u k i y o (Just so you know she does not need a wheelchair, it is used to help guide her since she can't see through the blanket. )
Word count; 485
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver blinked weakly as he heard the beginning of the morning announcement. It was a surprise to no one that the fifteen year old had gotten no sleep, and instead had huddled in the corner of the room with a blanket around his shoulders for the whole night. His "roommates" knew about his fear of the dark and to save them all the trouble they had simply left the lights on. Despite having worn a sweatshirt and sweatpants when they were sent to their rooms to bed, Oliver had thrown on an extra large hoodie during the night because it was just so cold. Then again, he was almost always cold, even if the room he was in was warm. As the nurse started ending her announcement Oliver shuddered and stood, stretching his sore limbs and regretting having stayed in the same position for almost the entire night. As his "roommates" began shuffling around Oliver headed into the bathroom and closed the door. Sadly, there were no locks on the doors, but everyone knew that if the door was closed it was being occupied. He quickly shed his oversized clothing and turned on the shower water, letting it heat up a bit before stepping in. About halfway through his shower he noticed that the scars on his back were aching and felt uncomfortable, although he was kept from thinking of anything else by a knock on the door. "Liv, you didn't pass out again did you?" The voice on the other side of the door asked, and believe it or not it had actually happened several times upon arriving at the asylum. "No I'm fine." He called back to which he heard the voice sigh in relief. "Alright then I'm leaving now, it's just you in the room." The voice said before it walked away, leaving Oliver alone to his thoughts. He soon finished and redressed himself, throwing on a short sleeved shirt, a baggy long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt (that didn't have drawstrings), sweatpants, and three pair of multicolored socks on. Call him crazy, but when he said he was cold, he meant he cold cold, plus it meant less chances of skin to skin contact with others. He exited the room after thoroughly washing his hands and headed towards the cafeteria, standing in the line the had begun forming. He began getting nervous as it got a bit crowded, and he noticed that the nurses were giving injections to some of the patients, and he knew he was one of them. He began playing with his sleeves until it was his turn, in which he carefully slipped the needle from the nurses hands mumbling an "I'll do it myself" before lifting his multiple layers of clothes on his arm and injecting the needle into his upper arm. He then took the pills that she dropped into his hands and grabbed the tray of food that they had no choice but to take. He looked for one of the few empty tables left and sat down at it, pulling his knees to his chest so that they wouldn't dangle in the air since they couldn't touch the floor. He found that he was able to drink the apple juice without feeling completely disgusted with himself, and that's what he did, sliding the tray of food away from him, despite the glares nurses were giving him.
(Open for interaction)

code by pasta

Leena sighed and ran a hand through her thick black locks. They really had too many patients here and it meant that much more work for the staff. And the way some of them acted, she just wanted to... Choke them sometimes. She had to go and greet a girl who was coming to the asylum today. That girl was definitely a weird one. She had met patients who were afraid of the dark, but never the light. She hoped the girl wouldn't be too problematic, especially with her bi-polar disorder to make things worse. The only good thing coming out of this was that she knew the doctor who had been taking care of her.

She put on a smile as she entered the hallway that the three were currently staying at, and tried not to let her smile falter too much when she saw that the girl was in the wheelchair. "Mr. Xanders? My name's Leena. I assume this is Evanna?" She said, although it wasn't much of a question, she knew who the girl was. She smiled towards the doctor and was glad that she was right in knowing him. "We assure you that while she stays here with us she'll be taken care of." She said like she said to everyone else who dropped their kids off here, some more eager than others.

"I assume she's hungry, we're serving breakfast now." Leena said as she looked back and forth between the doctor. She hoped they wouldn't want a tour or anything of the sort and would just leave already. She wanted to go into the back rooms and sit down, as the four inch heels she was wearing certainly weren't comfortable.
C r y s t a l s C r y s t a l s

IMG_9491.jpg Luna had arrived earlier this morning and was sitting around the foyer, waiting for something to happen. A devilish smile danced on her lips as her grey eyes flirtatiously gazed at a younger guard. He grinned back but snapped to attention when the intercom sounded. She sneered at the announcements and groaned until they ended. The young girl decided to wait and see how many people showed up for what activity before becoming social. But of course something triggered her. She watched as the guard she had been interested in began flirting with a nurse who had arrived. The woman touched the guards lips with her fingers and something snapped in Luna. She couldn't place why the action triggered her, perhaps it was from one of her old relationships gone sour, but it made her mad. Suddenly her feet were moving and she ran at the couple, knocking the guard off balance. Luna screamed psychotically with a grin and began beating the man violently until she heard the satisfying crunch of cartilage under her fist. After a few seconds she was pulled away by two more men and Luna laughed as she watched the blood drip from the guards nose. Before she knew what was happening she was shoved in a closet in the activity area. Her fists pounded against the door as she screamed between fits of giggles. She quickly grew quiet.
"Please let me out, I promise to be a good girl now. I promise."
Luna repeated this loudly until she was sure everyone within a 15 foot radius could hear her.

6d9f2e7fdff9bf77d018a94d800c39c1.jpg

- Lia
Adelia Jackson
Location; Heading towards breakfest hall.
Tags; u k i y o u k i y o Luna_Marie Luna_Marie
Interaction; Luna
Mention; Ollie
2d18876a54b54002c4f141cec5687f52--aesthetic-pictures-to-the-wonder.jpg

Right or Left? (Scroll to see text below)

-Stable

Lia had already been here a month or so..lord only knows. She was currently laying on her back underneath a bed, hands wrapped around her for warmth. She heard others footsteps as they got up, unaware of the hidden girl. Opening her eyes as her mind woke up, she realized someone had entered the shower and someone else was leaving. She was often the first one out, but she didn't want to give away her hiding spot, which was obvious and she was sure others just overlooked the creepy sleep pattern. Lia was to scared to sleep on the open floor or the bed cause she didn't trust anyone. Not the nurses nor the patients or guards. Often switching rooms. (She is in Ollie's room if that is okay?????)

She heard the annoucments going off, and decided to climb out and scurry from her room. 'Family visits? Havent had one since the day I was put here.' Then again, her only family was her uncle and her aunt threatened him, so he never came back to see Lia. She didn't care, but then again she did? She could never truely decide. Slowly making her way to breakfest hall, she realized she had changed and didn't remember. She swore she slept in yesterdays clothes. Confused dhe stared at the light blue sweater and black yoga pants.

Shrugging it off, she pulled the sweater tighter around her as she passed the activity room hearing a awfully loud commotion. Her feet felt cold depite wearing two pairs of socks, as she walked along to peek through the door. Watching two gurads stuff a girl in a closet. They dragged off their fallen buddy and Lia took the chance to see who was being so loud, opening the closet so the banging and shouting would stop. She saw the girl she watched get stuffed in there, have a grin on her face. She didn't recogonize her and instanly became nervous, not know weather to speak or shut the door again.

follow @Adelia_Jackson​
code by pasta

IMG_9496.PNG Luna hit the door one last time before it swung open, making her stumble slightly. She looked at her apparent savior with a sweet smile.
"Aw thanks doll face, that was real kind of you. It was a little stuffy in there."
Luna leaned against the door frame and brushed some stray hair from her face. Her grey eyes slowly sized up and examined the girl in front of her with interest. Giving a simple nod of approval she stuck out her hand, the long slender fingers reaching towards the stranger.
"I'm Luna, and what shall I call you besides gorgeous?"
The smile on her lips grew slightly mischevious as her eyes twinkled with the new adventure and challenge.
q r o w q r o w

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

Her father cleared his throat and listened to the clack of high of heels approach. He nodded as the nurse spoke to him. "yeah this is Evanna." He replied to her. Eve, finally understanding they were inside the building, took off the blanket and sunhat. Standing up, she streched her limbs. Any angered that was from earlier seemed to never had been there. She smiled and picked up Mr. Fluff the third and her suit case off the floor, before tucking the sun hat and blanket inside the suit case as well. 'Just incase' she was forced outside or near opened windows.

Eve's father seemed like he wanted to ask something, but thought better of it and nodded. He looked to Eve. "You can go on ahead Eva, I will see you soon. " He whispered to her reluctantly. The doctor waved both the child and the father away, so the father wheeled the wheel chair back to the car, trying to not look back. "I assume she can have her stuffed animal and clothes?" He asked, not wanting to the girl to get in trouble her first day. He chacked the case personally and it was just clothing and now a blanket, sun hat and bear. Eva watched the two through her darkened vision due to the glasses she was still wearing. The doctor sighed and looked to Leena. "she should not cause to many problems if you keep her out of the sun and call her Evanna or Eva. Nothing else. " The doctor reassured the woman. (Sorry it's short. )

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Leena watched as the girl removed her blanket and hat from her face before standing from the wheelchair and stretching. She was glad that the girl didn't need the wheelchair at least, as it would most likely mean that much more work for her and frankly, she was too lazy to do it. She watched Evanna pick up the stuffed animal and wondered how old she was, considering the fact that she couldn't have been any taller than 5'0", and that was after giving her a couple extra inches. 'I didn't know they brought children to asylums like these.' She thought as Mr. Xanders whispered something to Evanna. She inwardly rolled her eyes as the father seemed reluctant to leave his daughter. 'It's really not that big of a deal is it?' she thought, although because she didn't have any family members in asylums she was just assuming and didn't actually know. Of course at the same time she also wasn't interested to know, she wouldn't want people to know that she was related to a crazy person.

"Of course she can have the clothes and stuffed animal here. I trust that there's nothing suspicious in that in that bag though." She said with a smile, though she honestly couldn't care less. She raised an eyebrow when the doctor said that she shouldn't cause any problems as long as she did specific things, although she didn't speak anything of it. "I'll keep that in mind thank you." She said with yet another cheery, fake smile.

- Lia
Adelia Jackson
Location; Heading towards breakfest hall.
Tags; Luna_Marie Luna_Marie
Interaction; Luna
Mention;

Right or Left?

-Stable

Lia watched the girl stumble as Lia ripped open the door, just gazing at the gril in front of her curiously. Like why had the guards thrown her in there in the first place? Was Lia not suppose to let her out? Washing away those thoughts, she was brung back to realitly as the other spoke. Glancing nervously as Luna reached out her hand to shake. Lia tilted her head and looked to the female. 'This woman must really be crazy, or new. Because petioent around here wouldn't have dine that.' Or so Lia observed ffrom her month here. Not a lot of people where keen on being touched. However, Lia was one who needed touch so without to much reluctance, she gently tooked Luna's hand. "You can call me Lia." She told the girl, ignoring the commint and the look Luna was giving off that made Lia feel fairly awkward. "I was heading towards breakfest hall, Want to join?" She asked the other, not knowing what else to say to carry on the small talk.

follow @Adelia_Jackson​
code by pasta

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

The doctor nodded, seeing as his friends discomfort was becoming more noticable, he said his fair wells and left the girl into Leena's care. He quickly exited the building and headed to the car. Eva looked at the nurse curiously, a small smile on her face. "I guess You want me to leave as well then?" Eva stated more than asked, figuring she could get settled in on her own. Eve looked at the womans heels. "Those look very uncomfrable." She said blankly, knowing that fact was obvious, but wanted to talk some before she took off. "Well....then." Eve said awkwardly after all, this was the first time she had met anyone outside her father and the doctor. Or her friend that father insisted stay home.

Eva gave a last smile before dissappearing down the halls with her stuff, getting quite lost in the process and ended up in the cafeteria eventually. Since she just arrived, she wouldn;t have to take her meds till the next time, nor did she know that...yet. So she sat down at a nearly empty table in front of a boy, who wore an odd amout of clothing to her. She currently wore a pair of blue jeans and an oversized shirt that her father gave her. She set her suit case and teddy bear in her lap and looked at him, figuring he couldn't be mush older than her by his appearence. "Hi~ I'm Eva. What's your name?" She polietly asked Olli.

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver had occupied himself by ripping pieces of the old pancakes up, not daring to look up at the nurses or staff. If he did they would most likely try to talk to him, and it was the last thing he wanted so early in the morning. It was most definitely because of his background but Oliver has grown not to trust adults, and had grown to become uncomfortable when around them, even if they seemed nice. He began biting his nail that was already painfully low and the skin around his fingers had begun peeling from it, never the less it had become a habit of his. He thought about what their "activities" were for today. He didn't want to go on a walk since he didn't feel like being out in the sun, but then he hated horror movies, and the chances that the movie they were going to play a horror movie was almost 90 percent since the last three movies they had played had been romance. He nearly jumped in his seat as someone sat in front of him, and he took in her appearance before anything else. It had become almost like a reaction to take in a person's appearance before even speaking to them so that he could know whether or not to run. She might've been the least intimidating looking person in this asylum to Oliver. She was short, shorter than he was which was really saying something. She appeared to be about a year or so younger than he was, though with her cute baby face and stuffed animal it was pretty hard to tell. His head snapped up from her suitcase as she spoke, introducing herself. "My name's Oliver, but you can just call me Olli." He said with the faintest hint of a smile. He bit his lip nervously before speaking again. "Did you just arrive, or do you carry your suitcase everywhere with you?" He asked, pointing down towards the suitcase in her lap. He wouldn't judge if she did, as he met someone who always carried toothpaste with them at the asylum, it was weird considering the fact that they didn't have a toothbrush to go with it.

code by pasta

IMG_9496.PNG Luna lit up more genuinely, stepping out of the closet with her hands slipped in her pockets.
"Oooh yummy! Let's go, I'm starving!"
She looped her arm into Lias and began pulling her along as she marched down the hall.
"I don't know which door it is so you'll have to show me!"
A laugh escaped her lips and her grey eyes flickered around to take in every new sight. This place was trash but it fascinated her.
(Sorry its short I'm on a time crunch)
q r o w q r o w

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

Eva tilted her head when she noticed the boy was playing with his food rather than eating it. "Your not eating?" she asked curiously, before he spoke up. Naive as she was, she forgot that she herself rarely ate because of her appetitie. She nodded happily as he introduced him self. "Well, it's nice to meet you O-ollie. " for some reason the girl had a bit or trouble saying his name, which seemed odd to her seeing as it was an easy name to say. She watched him as he seemed a little nervous, but maybe it was becasue she was new, or she just sat beside him randomly and started talking with out warning. Either way, she didn't pay that much attention.

"I-I just got dropped off, then after getting lost a few times found this place." She said, meaning the cafteria or whatever it was called. She pointed at the stuffed animal. "He would be the only thing I carry around, unless some one tries to take my stuff I assume. " She said calmly as she looked at the boy. "What do we do around here? papa wouldn't tell what this place was. He only said it would make me better." She asked him, already bored of sitting down despite it having been only a mintue or two. The girl sat and played with her short hair. "If you don't mind me asking Ollie, how old are you?" She questioned him, thinking he was the same age.

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver smiled sadly when he heard the girl ask abouting him eating. Oh how innocent she was, and how easy it would be for her to run into the wrong group here. He was quite sad because even if she made it out of here in one piece, she'd probably never be the same again. "The food here's gross." He commented, pushing the plate off to the side. It'd be about ten more minutes until people began to get up and throw their plates and such away, which was when he could do so without being noticed. He smiled a bit when he heard her have a bit of trouble pronouncing his name, as it was the first time he heard anyone have trouble before.

He nodded his head slightly as she said she had gotten lost a few times trying to find the cafeteria. "Yeah, that usually happens to the people who first arrive. The nurses won't show you where to go, you're better off asking one of the patients where to go." He said casually, as it had happened so often since he arrived, random people asking him where they were suppose to go. He bit the back of his knuckles as she told him that her dad hadn't told her what this place was before coming here. How was he suppose to tell her that her dad had dropped her off at a mental asylum, and that she most likely wasn't going to be able to leave for months, or even years. "Well... You see..." He nervously glanced around the room before realizing that a lie wasn't going to work. "This is a mental asylum, and trust me, it won't make you better. If anything it makes you worse, just pray that you haven't been misdiagnosed." He said, feeling a bit shocked at how talkative he was. It was probably because of how friendly Eve looked that got him talking, or maybe because for once there was someone shorter than he was.

"As for what we do here... It varies depending on the day. Once breakfast ends we can either go on a walk outside or watch a movie." He bit his nail for a few moments as he wasn't in a rush to speak before continuing again. "I recommend the walk if you don't like horror movies." He said as he nodded his head. He paused for a moment when she asked for his age and looked up puffing his cheeks out, as though he had to think about it for a few moments. "I'm fifteen, turning sixteen in a few weeks. What about you?... No offense but you don't look older than eleven or twelve." He said saying the last part a bit more quietly, not wishing to offend the girl sitting in front of him.

code by pasta

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

Evanna watched him think for a few moments before answering her. "Well, I can't eat much anyway." She replied as he pushed his food away. Listening to his comment about the nurses confused Eva. "The nurse I meet seemed pretty okay," Eva stated, not that she actually stayed long enough to talk to the woman. Eve swung her legs underneath the table, obviously not able to touch the floor as she listened to him talk, playing with the stuffed toy. "I only know you, so maybe you can teach me where to go?" She asked tilting her head at him, smiling, before turning her attention back to her toy. She looked up again suddenly, seeing him biting his knuckles. "Why are you biting yourself?" She asked Olliver, wondering why he would hurt himself as he started to speak.

She slowly took in what he said, nodding faintly, smile dropping from her face. "Why would papa lie to me? I don't believe you. Papa wouldn't tell a story. (A lie.)" She said upset, not at Olliver, but at the chance, her father was lying. What if she couldn't get better and her father didn't want her? She shook away her thoughts mentally and physically. "I'm sure I will get better." She said quietly, her smile returning. Evanna shivered when he mentioned the activities. "I can't go outside. The sun will hurt me." Eva whispered so quietly, it sounded like nonsense. She readjusted her glasses and looked at him curiously. "Horror movie?" Confused on what that meant. Shrugging as she continued playing with her toy. When he told her his age, she was a little shocked. "Almost sixteen? I'm...." She trailed off, furrowing her eyebrows. 'I'm..um um......um..' A lost look came across her face. After three minutes of concentration, Eva smiled again, as nothing happened. "I just turned fourteen not too long ago" She stated happily as if she never forgot it.
61nKRb16iVL._SX522_.jpg
u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver tilted his head a bit when she stated that she couldn't eat much. 'An eating disorder perhaps? It's possible...' he thought looking at what he could see of her body. From the looks of it she was underweight, definitely less than a hundred pounds. 'Maybe ninety... Eighty-five pounds?...'He really couldn't tell since she was sitting and there was a suitcase over her legs. He then started thinking about his weight. Since he arrived they hadn't told him and hadn't seen a single scale, but before it left he remembered it being in the seventies... He mentally slapped himself, he wasn't suppose to start thinking like that. He looked up at Eve when she mentioned a nurse. "I assume that might've been because your mom or dad was still here. Especially if it were your mom that dropped you off here, they always seem to be nicer to the female adults than the males..." He trailed off, remembering when he first arrived here. His foster mom and that nurse were talking for what seemed like hours.

"Of course I can teach you where to go. This place isn't all that big, but it's really crowded and a pain... Especially for short people like us." He said with a smile at the end of his sentence. It was when she began playing with her stuffed animal again that he really looked at it. It was quite cute actually, with is small ears and limbs and its big body. He only noticed that he had been biting his knuckles when Eve pointed it out, and sheepishly put his hands in his lap. "Sorry, it's become a habit." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. He sighed quietly when she said that her dad wouldn't lie to her, and he wished he could say the same. He let her continue on and heard her say that she would get better. He didn't want to be the one to crush he hopes of getting out of here and simply nodded his head. "I'm sure you will." He said with a smile that traveled all the way up to his almond eyes.

"The sun will... Hurt you?" He asked not quite catching the last part of her sentence. It sounded quite strange to him as he had never heard of an illness where the sun hurt someone to the extent that they couldn't go outside. He took note of her sunglasses and thought that she might've just had sensitive eyes or something of the sort. "You've never heard of a horror movie before?" He asked but then again, she didn't look like the type of person to watch horror movies. He bit his lip when it took her a few minutes to remember her age, perhaps it was the fault of amnesia. "If you don't mind me asking... What brings you here?" He asked, hoping she wouldn't mind the question.

code by pasta

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

Evanna swayed her legs in quiet, watching him think as she put her toy on the table so she didn't have to look down so much, as it was hurting her neck. Also putting the suit case beneath her feet ao she didn't have to swing them and accidently kick Olliver. Eva stretched her legs before planting them on the suitcase, careful not to hit Ollie. She rested her head on her plushie and looked up at the boy as he started talking again. "My papa and my doctor dropped me off." She stated a bit more rushed than she was thinking. Feeling a bit uneasy at the mention of the word or term 'mom' as her mom was in prison and the very reason Eva was...well Eva. She smiled to cover up her unease. She laughed when he made the comment on their height. "Your right, but it feels like i'm an ant in the place. " Mostly because she never been to another building before, seeing as it was a hasstle just to get her here.

She smiled brightly at him, a full grin as she nodded. 'Papa promised me when i get better he come and get me. So i'm going to be good.' She thought. "Yeah the sun can hurt me. Vanessa (her mom) said I have to stay away from it, or bad things might happen" She told him, thinking about what her mother said. It was the only memory of her mom that didn't trigger a reaction. She shivered and frowned at the thought. "I have to wear a lot of protection. Even then it still hurts. " She said firmly, not undderstanding the pain she felt was an illusion. Eva laid her head back on her plushie and puffed her cheeks. "I'm not allowed to watch movies at home. Papa was worried it might upset me." She stated. Eva then sighed and turned her plushie so it faced her. She started a staring contest with it as he asked her a question.

Without hesitation because of her distraction, she answered him. "Well doctor said there is a lot that puts me here." She paused, taking a deep breath, before continuing to list her so called problems. "There is my reaction to sunlight, which he thinks is not normal, but it's true. another is when people say certain things i get violent. Or so doctor says. I have problems remembering who I am, what I was doing. I have a friend that he calls 'fake' or not real, but I can see him. Papa told him to stay home though. I'm underweight. Hmm. Oh.. I tried to start a few fires. " The way she said it was different than her normal tone, but as she ended her normal composer came back and she blinked. Smiling she tilted her head. "What about you Ollie? What you here for?" She asked curiously.

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

- Lia
Adelia Jackson
Location; breakfest hall.
Tags; Luna_Marie Luna_Marie
Interaction; Luna
Mention;

Right or Left?

-Stable

Lia just nodded, allowing herself to be dragged down the hall a little. Honestly if she wasn't feeling so numb, she would be a completely different person. But this morning Lia wasn't feeling herself. Just like every morning since the accident. It felt like she was drowning all over again, at the same time it felt like she was winning at something. Her feelings and thoughts were a jumbled mess. It was ridculas. She wanted to be herself again, but she liked the numb feeling. Shaking her head to stop her depressing thoughts, she quietly lead Luna down the halls. "This way." Lia would say, gently tugging the other girl in the correct direction. Eventually the two reached the cafeteria area and most the other tenants were done eating. "Food line is that way, though it taste like crap. " Lia said, motioning where the food was to be picked up. "And before you go there, you go through the nurses. " Motioning to where the nurses were standing holding meds and needles. Lia untwined her arm from Luna, and went over without reluctance, seeing as she had no other choice. She downed her misdiagnosed meds, and took the shoot she was given without flinching. She then led Luna over to get food.

follow @Adelia_Jackson​
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver watched as Eve adjusted her position, instinctively moving his knees up to his chest when he noticed her feet were moving. He watched as she rested her head on the stuffed animal and began to speak again. "You have a personal doctor?" He asked, noticing how her words were a bit rushed. He didn't want to step on a land mine and cause her to have a panic attack. "You'll get used to it eventually I'm sure." He said as a response to her feeling like the ant of the place. He looked at her curiously when she said that a woman named Vannessa said she had to stay out the sun or else bad things would happen. "Who's Vanessa?" He asked, tilting his head to the side curiously. From the way Eve briefly spoke of the other it sounded like the two weren't close, maybe she was a friend or an acquaintance. Even so, Vanessa must've been quite foolish to tell someone that bad things would happen if they went out into the sun, as it obviously wasn't true. Though after Eve said that when she went outside the sun actually hurt her, he was second guessing himself. 'perhaps it's a skin condition?' He thought, though even then there was something sketchy about it.

He was yet again confused when she said that she wasn't allowed to watch movies because they might've upset her. He wondered what other things might upset her as it seemed she was missing out on a lot. He then smiled looking towards the ground as he remembered Samantha and Josh, his current foster parents. He remembered the movies they would watch together, and how they would get him to eat snacks sometimes, even though half of it didn't stay down most times. His attention was pulled back to reality as Eve began to explain what brought her here. When she said there was a lot that put her here, she certainly hadn't been exaggerating. He didn't know what to make of most of them, although her 'friend' could've been signs of schizophrenia. He grew a bit alert when she said that there were certain words that caused her to have violent outbursts, and he knew he'd had to be careful with what he said. After all, she would most likely have to get sedated and when the nurses or even security sedated someone, they didn't care if said person got hurt or not.

He almost had to do a double take when she said that she almost caused a few fires, and almost didn't seem like herself, although a moment later she was back to smiling like normal again. "I would've never been able to guess from your appearance, then again, they say looks can be deceiving." He said with a smile, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't imagine the girl sitting in front of him being violent or trying to start fires. He looked up as the question he had just asked had been directed towards him. "Well... For starters I have a morbid fear of being touched." He said, just the simple thought of it made him shiver and feel cold, despite the layers of clothing he wore. "I also have a fear of the dark and sleep..." He continued in, beginning to feel a bit embarrassed, feeling his cheeks heat up. "T-two eating disorders, and also self harming tendencies." He said before noticing that some people were beginning to get up, meaning they only had about half an hour left before they activities.

"Excuse me for a moment." He said looking back towards Eve and grabbing the tray of food and dumping the uneaten contents into the trash and placing the tray back where it belonged. As he did, he noticed two people who were just arriving and wondered if they had slept late which caused them to be so late. He quickly walked back over to Eve, avoiding a couple of people before he sat down.

code by pasta

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

Evanna shook her head 'no'. "He's now really a personal doctor, but i have seen him since i was five-six years old. " She said more calmly. Oblivious to his thinking process as she was in her own little world. When he said she get use to the place, she kinda doubted that. Simply because she got lost in her own home. Which wasn't all that big nor small. She continued listening to him, letting him take his time when he spoke, not that she had much to say even if she wanted to talk. "Hmm. Vanessa is.." Eva judged her response, carefully dancing around words. "My former...." She paused, taking a deep breath to calm herself. " my birth mom. Let's not talk about it." She said, shutting her eyes tightly. Her smile returns shortly as the memories faded down and she returned back to laying her head on the plushie.

Eva drummed her fingers on the table, listening to him while looking at him innocently. "Yeah. Looks can be I guess. Never meet anyone really, so I wouldn't know. And I only get that way during certain events or people say certain things. " Eva replied briefly, before listening intently to what put him here. 'fear of being touched' She tilted her head in curiosity. "So no hugs then?" She gave a little pout but nodded in understanding. "I can't relate to the fear of darkness since I have a fear of light, though I have trouble sleeping," Eva said giggling at how odd it was to be on opposite sides of the fear. "eating disorders? I never heard of that." She said pondering to her self slightly as he left the table. Despite being in a room of people, she felt alone again and quickly clutched her toy, waiting for Ollie to come back and sit with her. Eva smiled brightly when he did get back. "I see people are leaving. What activity will you do?" She questioned him.

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver nodded in understanding as she explained that she had simply had the doctor for a long time. "That makes sense." He said as he was beginning to wonder if her family was rich or something the of the sort. If they were rich they probably wouldn't have come to an asylum like this. He relaxed his legs and allowed them to dangle near the ground. His head shot back up when she began explaining who Vanessa was, before saying that she didn't want to talk much about her. He could understand her not wanting to talk about her mom, and wouldn't push the subject any further. He had the feeling that something about her mom would cause her to have a violent outburst, which was the reason she had really taken her time in explaining who she was.

Oliver nodded his head when she said that it was only certain words and things that triggered her, and was glad that it didn't seem like a lot. His eyes widened a bit when she spoke again and he violently shook his head no. "Sorry, no hugs... It just... Really freaks me out." He said as he put a hand over his chest to steady his beating heart. He smiled when she said she couldn't relate to his fear of the dark since she had a fear of the light, meaning they had opposite phobias. "Is it electrical lighting too?" He asked, before smiling softly when she said she didn't know what an eating disorder was. "That's okay, as long as you don't have one its not important for you to know their names and such." He said with a dismissive wave of his hand as though it weren't a big deal.

As he sat back down at the table he returned Eva's smile, and listened to her when she asked her question. He looked around and noticed that people were indeed leaving. He didn't know why though, since the activities weren't starting for another twenty minutes or so, perhaps they were stretching their legs or something of the sort. "Well, I wasn't going to tell anyone at first but I plan on sneaking around and going to the library... I don't feel strong enough to go outside on the walk today and the movie their playing might be in the dark this time since it's a scary one... If you want to come with me we can drop your things off in a room first." He offered, remembering that she still had her suitcase.

code by pasta

Evanna Xanders

CEyaT4dVAAANlrw.jpg

The young girl watched him carefully. She didn't really think he belonged here. He looked to 'pure' in her opinion, though she was never the greatest at judging people. Like the mom she once idolized. She was glad he didn't push the topic of Vanessa and continued to talk on other things. Things that didn't upset the girl. Evanna looked shocked when his eyes widen, feeling bad when he looked scared. "I-I didn't mean to scare you. I was only messing." She said watching the boy place a hand over his chest. Evanna, if she had not known his fear, would have tried to cmofort him, however that wouldn't work in this case. So she remained still waiting for to calm down as she spoke. "No just natural light. After all only the sun can hurt you. " She said giggling a bit.

Evanna watched him glance around. "Hmm, seeing as I can't go anywhere else why not? I'll join you. " She said, grinning at the boy. "it would be nice to drop the suitcase off." She said agreeing with him. Library sounded more fun than movies anyway. She was use to books being around her and felt at home in libraries.

u k i y o u k i y o
code by pasta

Oliver Owens

c l i c k
Oliver smiled a bit sadly when she apologized for scaring him. "It's okay, it's not your fault." He said a bit sadly, as he fully calmed himself down. He was glad that she wasn't afraid of all light, as that meant that they shouldn't have too many problems. He nodded his head and smiled when she said that only the sun can hurt when it came to light, as he knew she wouldn't believe him even if he said it wasn't true. Someone had burned into her mind that the sun would hurt her and it would take more than just being told a couple of times to get her over her fear of light.

"Oh yay!" He said excitedly as she said she'd come with him and he threw his arms in the air from happiness. He honestly didn't think that she would've joined him. "Thanks for coming with me." He said with a big happy grin on his face. "Anyways, we can go put your things down now since we have nothing better to do." He said as he stood up, pushing his chair in, a natural habit he had picked up after learning "manners" the hard way. 'I wonder if I can bring a book back to read tonight.' He thought at he bit the end of his thumb nail looking around.

"Oh um... Make sure when we're leaving not to look any of the adults in the eye." He said looking back towards Eve, his voice lowering every so slightly. "They'll think you're trying to attack them and they might just sedate you. Trust me, I've been there, done that." He said a shiver running down his spine just from the mere thought of it. (Sorry about taking so long)

code by pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back