• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

A lot of those can be answered by the fact that she can't summon anything shield-like. I view it a lot like Dark Shadow, she has these specific shields and that's all she can create. Like having a 3d printer with only a single template loaded sort of deal. Those shields being the ones in the picture. So I'm basing everything on those shields. So she can only create two of those, she can only manipulate those.
Well, write the specifics.

Idea Idea I made adjustments. I believe I covered everything you mentioned. I fixed it so her costume was provided by PSA. She only has the one quirk and I added in all the specifications you mentioned. I tried putting in some more of a personality flaw, although I'm not sure about that one. I also tweaked the backstory bit to put emphasis on why Toki is pushing herself despite not wanting to be there, just a slight more emphasis. I also added a hero name. So I think I covered everything.

Idea Idea I made adjustments. I believe I covered everything you mentioned. I fixed it so her costume was provided by PSA. She only has the one quirk and I added in all the specifications you mentioned. I tried putting in some more of a personality flaw, although I'm not sure about that one. I also tweaked the backstory bit to put emphasis on why Toki is pushing herself despite not wanting to be there, just a slight more emphasis. I also added a hero name. So I think I covered everything.
Alright, I'll take another look when I get back

Ishigami
石神

f584b09471b3c74e686c869240444385-sample.jpg

Ishigami. Just Ishigami. That’s ‘rock’ and ‘god’. I can’t play a single instrument to save a single life, so stow the jokes. It’s nice to meet you.

Nicknames:
Ishi

Hero Name:
Shroud

What they will teach:
General Studies

Hero Costume:
9c47938888f2b66f15b46cee46bee7bc-sample.jpg Enshroud inactive

10997c7e4f46826813d56f68d126285e-sample.jpg
Enshroud in use

The trenchcoat she wears is leather and rather resistant to burning. Its tough fabric comes in play with her Quirk, allowing for her to hold and restrain opponents reasonably well with it, and give her enough time to prep her more powerful wrestling moves.
Height:
165 cm

Weight:
63 kg

Personality:
Ishigami is of the phlegmatic temperament.

On initial exposure to Ishigami, most would assume her to be the moody, dark, and brooding type, mostly due to her appearances. However, once anyone actually bothers to interact with her further, it seems that she has a lot more going under that stern gaze of hers.

For one, she is a gosh darn sweetheart, a nice gal, so to speak. Ishigami is a rather calm and humble individual who does not seem to enjoy putting her feats as a hero on display, likening it to expecting to be praised for basic courtesy, and just kind of shrugs it off as ‘just what she should do’. While it may come off as just her shunning the spotlight, she is genuinely uninterested in being acknowledged. It’s nice, but it gets uncomfortable. She also admits to getting quite flustered and easily embarrassed when getting praised.

When talking to others, she often tacks on formal honorifics, preferring to refer to almost anyone and everyone with proper addressing, even those younger than her, possibly to denote that she is trying to convey respect. That having been said, she might occasionally switch tones to tease others to get a rise out of them so she can get a good giggle out of it.

She has a positive outlook on life, but bears in mind that it ain’t all a bed of roses. One of her most quoted mottos is ‘Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.’, and she frequently expresses faith in the good in the hearts of people, as well as having a mentality of ‘innocent until proven guilty’. Perhaps this is what just makes her a rather accommodating listener. She doesn’t assume the worst until given proper evidence to do so, and is more than happy to lend an ear to anyone who needs it. After which, she will calmly arrange the facts and opinions of her company, then attempt to find a middle ground between their opinions and the situation. She believes very passionately in that everyone should be given a chance to be heard, and their opinions accounted for.

In a group, she often plays the Good Cop, or at least does that better.

That said, however, her rather idealistic and enduring approach to life where pitfalls are just something to climb out of make her seem indifferent to many. This is even further accentuated by her rather solid poker face which only cracks once in a while to show her smile. Furthermore, while open-minded, her idea of enduring pain is to ‘grin and bear it’. It has been more or less ingrained into her since a certain age, and she just can’t fathom how other people might receive other pains in their life, and why they can’t just smile through it all.

She is also a notorious slacker, lazy to a fault, who procrastinates to the last minute to get anything proper done. She prefers instead to waste time playing MMOs on her computer and phone, or doing anything else other than focusing on her work. She claims that the pressure helps her work better, but everyone who has ever procrastinated in their life knows this to be a huge lie. While she is reliable enough to get the work completed in time, her attitude towards it needs a lot more work.

Cold weather
Autumn
The smell of fabric softener
Winter

Dislikes:
Strong wind
Fire
Hot days
Summer days
Being the center of attention

Fears:
Deep water bodies. Just being on a boat makes her uneasy, and gets stressed much more easily underwater to the point of being able to suffer from a nervous breakdown

Being in cramped places. It doesn't freak her out as much as the former, but it still stresses her out and restricts her ability to make calculated decisions.

Mannerisms:
Addresses everyone formally unless understandably close to them, but even then, she only uses informal address when teasing or joking.

Relationships:
Ishigami: Ishigami’s predecessor. Like her, their first name is also an unknown factor. They were her adoptive parent, and it is not exactly clear if they were married or not. Nonetheless, they raised Ishigami with just as much care and love as a parent could. They eventually left on a long journey to find something, leaving the Ishigami name to her. They were also known as the Earthshaker, an anti-hero archetype who could create seismic shocks strong enough to level a building block.

Principal Shikikan: The principal of PSA. While barely acquainted with him, she shows remarkable loyalty to the man. She acts as his legal consultant, and works to spin words on papers for his and the school’s benefit.

Backstory:
The first Ishigami, the Earthshaker, could not truly be seen as a hero, nor could they be seen as a villain. Classed as a force of nature who did things their way, who used their powers to for selfish reasons not unlike other villains, but yet came to the scene when a hero was needed. They were a maverick during their era.

Ishigami, the Shroud, was left in the first Ishigami's care by her parents, a loving couple to be sure, loving enough to die together in their final confrontation against their adversary. That was the story anyway. She was young then, and she never knew her parents for more than a few months, but the older Ishigami often told her stories about them. They were the greatest friends that they could ever have, heroes that should be remembered throughout the ages. Then they would grow quiet for a time, before finally requesting that Ishigami go to sleep for the day.

Ishigami the first was not a perfect parent. Who was? But it mattered not to the younger Ishigami. They had obviously never had experience with a child before, was generally clumsy when it came to kids, and was often confused when it came to understanding what the younger Ishigami wanted. It was through all those years that Ishigami the second slowly developed the understanding and patient persona she now had, and became less of a daughter to the older Ishigami, and more of a younger sibling, or even a junior. That said, Ishigami the older was not devoid of love for the child of their friends. She cared deeply for the child, and raised her well in her own way.

The younger Ishigami, at first, followed the older Ishigami in their footsteps, not out of want, but more of the fact that they were the only sort of role model she had. But as she roamed, she came to meet other heroes, as well as other villains, and the people that these giants overshadowed. She understood why the older Ishigami did things their own way then. They didn’t want to have the responsibility of being a hero, and yet, they didn’t want the blood of the innocents on their hands. So they took the third path. Ishigami, the Shroud, made up her mind to branch away from her predecessor’s own path, seeking to be a hero instead. What the first Ishigami could not do, she would do it. She would hoist that responsibility they could not take upon her own shoulders.

Ishigami later picked up a job with the JSDF at 20 years old, while still working on her Quirk. She maintained this job for a couple of years, and picked up several military basics during her time, using it to augment her experience to becoming a full-time hero. The older Ishigami, noting this, prompted her to spar with them during their free time. They never went easy on her, but they never went full out either, maintaining a steady pace of training. Ishigami the older wasn't many things, but she was a good teacher. Ishigami the younger would only go on later to unknowingly pick this up from her. She later transferred to the police force’s Criminal Investigation Bureau instead, choosing to work on a more local level to be better exposed to the local ground. She later had plenty of exposure to the law system, and took on part-time studies in law as well.

She successfully became a pro hero of some renown by the age of 25, and her cold, stoic, appearance earned her a few followers. Her fame shot up a coupke of levels after she eschewed the use of her Quirk entirely when facing down Brahmastra, a rather dangerous vilain by all rights, and took him down with a German suplex that knocked him out with one steady blow to the ground. Some of the older Ishigami’s traits had passed down to her, it seemed, as she was uncharacteristically awkward and flustered when it came to handling fans and receiving thanks. It was around the same time the older Ishigami left the spotlight of the public entirely. During one night, they smoothed back the younger Ishigami’s hair, one of the only kind of sign of affection that they could do without making it awkward, and told her that they were going on a long walk around the world. ‘Something I wanted to do for a while now.’ was what they said. The younger Ishigami wished them well with a hug, the other sign of affection that wasn’t too awkward. And with that, the Shroud was the only Ishigami left.

The PSA’s legal contracts were later handled by her after a complete mess-up by some pencil pushers, who had irresponsibly handed the job to her after declaring that the PSA was some shoddy attempt at copying the Academia. Ishigami had taken it simply to practice on what she had learned in her law studies, but ended up drafting up a rather solid legal contract, and after a rushed bar examination was conducted to classify her as a lawyer, they put it in for consideration. She was later roped in as a legal counselor for the school, which she didn’t really mind. She devoted some of her time, applying for leave from her office, to help with the construction of PSA after it was approved. After all, she might as well go the distance if she had started already. Ishigami would later also enter her name in as a teacher for the school out of interest in the matter.

Reason for becoming a teacher:
Purely out of interest and exposure. Plus, it was probably much more interesting than just sitting around doing nothing. She also seeks to build or reinforce the interest in becoming a hero in the next generation as well as make them understand just what it means to be one, just like how her predecessor had for her.

How They Helped Build the School:
The original drafter of the legal contracts for PSA, and is the subsequent go-to for advise for anything related to legal documents. Also used her Quirk during the construction period to assist in some heavy lifting.

Notable Feats as a hero:
Apprehension of multiple villains in her time as a pro hero. Most notable is her infamous takedown of the villain Brahmastra by suplexing him on the ground. No Quirks were used in that confrontation.

Rescued 143 commuters on the Ginza line from a cave-in after an earthquake.

Participated in minor rescue operations throughout the nation.

Hero Style:
A jack of all trades, Ishigami both apprehends villains as well as assists the general public in danger where she is called upon. She is generally a combat pragmatist who uses everything at her disposal to take down a target. She combines her Quirk and her various wrestling moves to pin down an opponent. If she were a fighting game character, she would be the one with multitudes of command grabs.

Quirk:

Enshroud:
The ability to manipulate clothing at will.

Enshroud does not pull from a non-existing dimension to create more cloth, but instead rearranges cloth from an entire body, i.e. if a total length of a scarf’s thread can reach up to 100 metres, then it can feasibly rearrange the thread into a tiny piercing needle of 100 metres, though this is an ill-advised idea. As such, Ishigami wears a rather large trenchcoat to complement her power.

Enshroud is also able to repair whatever torn clothing, though this is only possible if the damaged part was still intact and is still able to be combined back into the entity it came from i.e. if a cloth was cut out, Enshroud is still able to fix it back, but were it burnt, the Quirk will not work.

Special Moves:
German Suplex: Shroud Special
A German suplex with a fancy name. It merely adds in her Quirk to restrain and lift the target for an easier drop back down to earth.

Argentine Backbreaker Rack: Shroud Special
Similar to the above, it is the Argentine Backbreaker, but with the added ability of the Quirk assisting instead of the recipient doing so. It not only uses her shoulder muscles to flex the back of her target, but also her Quirk's hold to further the pain. If possible, Ishi would finish it with a backbreaker drop, making the pain even worse.

Stellar Backbreaker Drop
One of Ishigami's most devastating holds. She leaps up, either holding a restrained opponent, or catching an airborne one, then positions her grappled target in the standard Argentine backbreaker hold, then uses gravity to do the rest. On landing, she uses her Quirk to cushion her own descent, but her opponent will receive the impact of the drop nonetheless.

Items:
Twin Handguns: The more lethal approach that she takes when a villain is beyond just non-lethal means. Or are they? The guns are only loaded with rubber pellets, which hurt like hell, but are notably non-lethal. She primarily uses the guns as melee weapons more than anything else, with the rounds used mostly as part of her complex dance in combat.

Skills/talents:
Proficient Close Quarters Combatant: Trained in the JSDF with multiple close quarters techniques. However, her focus is mostly on wrestling holds, as evidenced by her special moves. She is able to execute several holds and grapples expertly, both safely, for training, and...not so safely, for obvious purposes.

Gun Kata: Not really as flashy or skilled as Christian Bale, but she does know her way around her guns, performing well-practiced moves with her guns in the heat of a combat in such a way that she almost seems like she is dancing. She mostly picked this up from being a huge fan of gun kata films, such as the aforementioned Equilibrium.

Law Studies: A second-rate lawyer, on account that she only got her badge through rather rushed means for convenience sake. She knows her lawbook well enough to pass the bar exam, and enough to function well as a legal consultant, but probably cannot hold her own in an actual court of law.

Theme Song:

Favorites:
Favorite Drink: Coke
Favorite Food: Teppanyaki
Favorite Dessert: Cornetto Double Chocolate
Favorite Beer: Asahi Super Dry

Other:

Last edited:
Quote: "No matter what don't let the bullies hurt you. Stand up, fight back not literally though, and show them what your made of." ~ Tou to his little sister

Name: Toujou Makato

Nicknames: Tou

Desired Hero Name: Umbra

Chosen Extra Class: Mentoring

Appearance:

Toujou.png
(soon to be) Hero Costume: The costume consists of black clothing with black pants. White lines run down from the shoulders and upper thighs to the elbows and knees respectively. Beyond those points are bracers that run up until his hands and feet. He then has small white gloves and shoes after those points. All along his back he had pads that ease and relax his muscles so he doesn't overexert himself while using his quirk.

Height: 5'9

Weight: 155 lbs.

Personality: If you know Tou, then he is a friendly and approachable person. The people who know this however are few, as asides from the small amount people who know him he appears to be to be someone who really can't be approached. Not that he looks scary, but because he seems to ignore others around him and doesn't talk to people all that often. Reason for this is because he's just a huge ball of nervousness and doesn't know how to approach people since he himself hasn't done so before. This is evident as when say he is called to give an answer and says the wrong one, he sweats and thinks about how others are calling him stupid.

He gets embarrassed at things like calling the wrong answer (more embarrassed than others), how he acts when bees and such appear near. When talking to new people he'll get nervous and scared when they ask a question he can't respond with in simple answers, at which point he'll feel embarrassed at how foolish he is acting.

If you try to approach him he'll seem not to care, when in reality he doesn't know what to say unless someone asks a question he knows very well or if its the occasional hello or good morning. He doesn't know how to act in a social situation so if you keep talking to him after he gives his meek responses, which are usually 'yeah, uh-huh, hmm, okay' not in that order. If you can crack that shell of his then as said before he'll be that type of person.

Tou also isn't confident in himself or his abilities as a hero, none the less he feels as he should go for it as a goal because deep down despite his lack of self esteem and confidence, he truly wants to help but just doesn't know how to. That's why he is entering the hero course so he can learn how to gain self esteem and confidence, as well as how to approach people.

Tou, despite how silent he appears, is actually very smart. He can come up with solutions moderately quick, if it is something easily solved. However due to his lack of communication and social skills he doesn't tell those around him about his plans and will act on them by himself. This gives the appearance that he is a total solo player and only looks out for himself, when in reality this is not the case as he thinks the plans aren't good enough but still tries them by himself.

As mentioned before Tou has a lack of self esteem/respect, and doesn't think he isn't good enough to be a hero let alone someone to be looked up to. Seeing that people close to him say he does have the skills and wants to be a a hero, especially his sister, he went and looked at top notch hero courses albeit with self doubt and a hint of regret. None the less he doesn't want to disappoint his family and friends and looked for schools with good hero courses. Even though his sister yelled at him to apply to U.A, he felt as though he was no where near good enough for that school and instead applied to the school they supported and applied at PSA.

When he fights he'll use his tails as an offensive and defensive tool. They can lay multiple punches within their range and are powerful. If he is up against an enemy with something the uses a long range quirk he uses them as a shield if he can. If something is in range that his tails can latch onto he'll use that as extra mobility to get to places quicker as well as outmaneuver an enemy. If someone is weak or weakened enough he'll use his tails as a restraining type of tool as well and hold them there until reinforcements arrive to relief the situation. If an enemy does get in close enough to where his tails can't get to in time, Tou can use his martial arts training and fight in hand to hand combat (as that's the reason he practiced it at the insistence of his father until he quit).

Despite his skills with his quirk he doesn't think he is good enough to become a hero, and sometimes feels as though he is forced to become one. Despite his thoughts telling him to quit before anything can go wrong and cause even bigger embarrassment, he still presses on not knowing truly why.

Likes: Dogs, Ice Cream, Video Games, Catching up on world events
Dislikes: Bees, Carrot Cake, Math (not bad at it, just doesn't like it), Loud Noises (like parties and stuff)

Fears: Anything that stings, like bees and wasps and stuff. This can only be counteracted when he gets a bad sunburn, as at that point he shuts off all of those feelings

Mannerisms: Unconsciously he'll always have one tail out until otherwise pointed out, at which point it goes away. After a few hours though it'll come back out

Backstory: During his life Tou was raised normally by loving parents, a little sister who looked up to him, and had high grades attending school. When he was four his quirk manifested as a shadow on his upper back. As to why this was his quirk was more than likely that it was the result of the small chance that his mother and father quirks became compatible to be passed on. His mother had the ability to grow tails on her lower back up to three times, while his father had the ability to control shadows as long as they were within a twenty foot range. As he grew up though every two years the ability to grow another shadow tail became apparent, marked by a intense twitch of muscle where the tail can appear from. He chose PSA because he felt as though he wasn't good enough for U.A and after finding out that PSA was endorsed by the top school, he chose the academy as his top choice.

In the past, when he was in elementary school, Tou was more open and calm around people. The few people in the world who know his friendly, open, and approachable person are his family and his friends he made in elementary school and that is it. Then one day in third grade, he simply stopped being that person and became the Tou that is today. Nobody knows why this is, but more than likely it happened to him on such a deep personal level that only a small shadow of his former self is there when you break his shell.

Relationships:
Taketa Makato: Toujou's father, who's quirk allows him to create constructs from his own shadow. He's a professional hero who's known for defeating multiple villains in many close quarter's fights. He's also Tou's role model and person to go to on how to control his quirk, since most of Tou's quirk comes from his dad.
Yoshiko Makato: Tou's mother, who's quirk allows her to generate different animal tails on her back and can make more if wanted at the cost of size. She is also a professional hero who helps with rescue and search operations. She's the one who primarily raised Toujou and Himari, giving them a lot of loving and care while also pressuring them to do what's right.

Himari Makato: Tou's little sisterwho looks up to him as a person she can count on. Seeing as a guardian, influence, and friend she cares for his well being deeply and always reprimands him for overusing his quirk mainly because she's afraid to see him hurt. Her quirk allows her to have three tails on her back at all times, but she can stretch them out to different lengths.
Akinori Arashi: Tou's closest childhood friend he still has reasonable contact with. He recently was accepted into UA with a pretty high score. His quirk's name is Shining Storm, which allows him to use the light around him to form light-based non-lethal projectiles within a considerable radius and launch them outwards at a considerable range.
Octavia Handa ( Trombone Trombone ): A fellow female student he just met, has so far already accomplished what most couldn't do in years. While not close, Tou does already consider her to be a good person and potentially a great friend. He still is nervous while talking to her, but nonetheless he already see's the potential in their relationship and wishes to keep their bond.

Quirk: Tails of Shadow; Allows Tou to generate shadow tails on his back to act as extensions of himself, while also adding a new one on a set time on a open area of his back. Presently Tou can use seven shadow tails, but is only able to control three freely. Anymore than three and his back muscles begin to be stressed and tighten the more tails he attempts to use. With designs he made to his costume, the back pads should allow for an ease of pain on his back and relax his muscles. Every tail he attempts to use after the ones he can normally use limit his movement and the range of the tails, while also increasing the pain in his back and lowering control. Using all seven will immobilize him and diminish the tail range significantly, as well as barely being able to move them. Using his three default ones he can extend to the maximum range of fifteen feet, while adding a new one after decreases the range by four feet. Tou can also use these tails for offense, defense, mobility, restraint, and saving purposes giving him the ability to be an all around fighter and rescuer.

Whenever he uses his tails though it is like a meter, the control and energy used decreases and increases. For example using one tail requires no energy and has full control over it, due to the fact that his body had grown used to having that one tail around. When using three the control is about 95% control and only using 5% energy, meaning that he is able to use it for hours without feeling any negative effects. When using four tails however control drops to 70% and energy use is 30%, only able to maintain the four tails for an hour at most. Halfway through his back begins to ache and get sore, slowly spreading to his legs and shoulders. At five tails he has 50% control and 50% energy being used, which only give him about half an hour of use of five. While using five tails there is a steady increase of aches and pains in his back, legs, and shoulders and near the end of the duration his head and arms begin to feel the same effects. When using six tails he has 15% control and 85% energy being used. At most he has ten minutes using these tails and all the while his back, legs, arms, head, and chest are sore and in pain. His vision also begins to tunnel and he runs out of breath at an alarming rate. Using all seven tails gives him no control over them and every bit of his bodily energy it being used. His entire body would be in pain, his vision weaker, and would be on the brink of passing out. He has never gotten to even try to use seven tails due to the immense pain and lack of control it brings.

Special Moves: Shadow Spire; Tou can entangle his three tails to act as one, large tail that deals a massive hit. The tails aren't combined though and instead look like three strings twirled around together. This limits his body's movement however.
Items: Back heater for when he trains his quirk, his phone, wallet, and portable game system
Skills/talents: Cooking, six years of martial arts experience (quit recently)

Favorites:
Favorite Dog Breed: Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Siberian Husky
Favorite Ice Cream: Vanilla
Favorite Place To Visit: Orlando, Florida

WIP (Full Backstory Not Revealed)

Last edited:
Tou is a friendly person who is there for his friends when he is aware of their problems. At the same time he rarely takes the initiative on social matters, since he isn't good at immediately knowing what to do in those type of things. Either way he is a dependable person and he keeps his word, willing to go out of his way is most cases. No matter the background, as long as you yourself have a good heart he'll be friendly towards you
The personality is imcomplete in basically every sense. It's short, it doesn't give a good idea of the character's actual behavior, it's underflawed and by the description I would dare say a full on gary stu. Please correct this.

Those who cause harm without valid reason
define "valid reason"

Allows Tou to generate shadow tails on his back to act as extensions of himself,
What exactly makes these "shadow" tails? What properties of "shadows" do they possess? And to what extent can your character control these?

while also adding a new one on a set time on a open area of his back
I'm gonna be honest here, I think I didn't understand this. So he could potentially just get an infinite number of these tails? I know you said he can only control three freely and use 7, but basically what this implies is that the shadow tails cannot be exhausted or that in the future he might have even more than 7 tails?

Every tail he attempts to use after the ones he can normally use limit his movement and the range of the tails, while also increasing the pain in his back and lowering control
I'm gonna need the degree of decrease in the range of movement and the degree of the pain's impact for every added tail.

As for the lowering control, I will first let you explain the degree of control he has over the tails.

Using his three default ones he can extend to the maximum range of twenty-five feet,
wooooah there, that's way too much range

With designs he made to his costume, the back pads should allow for an extra one or two more tails to be used more freely.
How? Nomatter how many times I read it, I see no way for this to actually be helpful contorlling his quirk. In addition, it sorta goes against the QEP system, so I will ask you to remove it.

Enshroud:
loadWebfont('Playfair+Display');The ability to manipulate clothing at will.

Enshroud does not pull from a non-existing dimension to create more cloth, but instead rearranges cloth from an entire body, i.e. if a total length of a scarf’s thread can reach up to 100 metres, then it can feasibly rearrange the thread into a tiny piercing needle of 100 metres, though this is an ill-advised idea. As such, Ishigami wears a rather large trenchcoat to complement her power.

Enshroud is also able to repair whatever torn clothing, though this is only possible if the damaged part was still intact and is still able to be combined back into the entity it came from i.e. if a cloth was cut out, Enshroud is still able to fix it back, but were it burnt, the Quirk will not work.
Still a bit too strong~

shigami later picked up a job with the JSDF at 20 years old, while still working on her Quirk. She maintained this job for a couple of years, and picked up several military basics during her time, using it to augment her experience to becoming a full-time hero. The older Ishigami, noting this, prompted her to spar with them during their free time. They never went easy on her, but they never went full out either, maintaining a steady pace of training. Ishigami the older wasn't many things, but she was a good teacher. Ishigami the younger would only go on later to unknowingly pick this up from her. She later transferred to the police force’s Criminal Investigation Bureau instead, choosing to work on a more local level to be better exposed to the local ground. She later had plenty of exposure to the law system, and took on part-time studies in law as well.

She successfully became a pro hero of some renown by the age of 25, and her cold, stoic, appearance earned her a few followers. Her fame shot up a coupke of levels after she eschewed the use of her Quirk entirely when facing down Brahmastra, a rather dangerous vilain by all rights, and took him down with a German suplex that knocked him out with one steady blow to the ground. Some of the older Ishigami’s traits had passed down to her, it seemed, as she was uncharacteristically awkward and flustered when it came to handling fans and receiving thanks. It was around the same time the older Ishigami left the spotlight of the public entirely. During one night, they smoothed back the younger Ishigami’s hair, one of the only kind of sign of affection that they could do without making it awkward, and told her that they were going on a long walk around the world. ‘Something I wanted to do for a while now.’ was what they said. The younger Ishigami wished them well with a hug, the other sign of affection that wasn’t too awkward. And with that, the Shroud was the only Ishigami left.

The PSA’s legal contracts were later handled by her after a complete mess-up by some pencil pushers, who had irresponsibly handed the job to her after declaring that the PSA was some shoddy attempt at copying the Academia. Ishigami had taken it simply to practice on what she had learned in her law studies, but ended up drafting up a rather solid legal contract, and after a rushed bar examination was conducted to classify her as a lawyer, they put it in for consideration. She was later roped in as a legal counselor for the school, which she didn’t really mind. She devoted some of her time, applying for leave from her office, to help with the construction of PSA after it was approved. After all, she might as well go the distance if she had started already. Ishigami would later also enter her name in as a teacher for the school out of interest in the matter.

The whole backstory seems good, except for one aspect, when did she get her hero licence. I am assuming here her training with the JSDF was after her hero licence was taken, but I wouldn't know since never once do you mention your character either getting a hero school or being a sidekick of a hero agency and working her way up to getting a hero licence of her own.

In that vein, it's important to note you can't just pratice your quirk willy-nilly, and the same goes to fighting villains. Without a hero licence, it's illegal.

how do you suggest I weaken it further? Remove the repair function?
No that seems pretty standard. I do see a few ways in which this could be brought down to an acceptable level, mostly involving the reduction of the range of commands/control. Before I make a more concrete suggestion, though, I would have to know what part of this ability is the core, the thing you really want, so that I can try shooting around it.

No that seems pretty standard. I do see a few ways in which this could be brought down to an acceptable level, mostly involving the reduction of the range of commands/control. Before I make a more concrete suggestion, though, I would have to know what part of this ability is the core, the thing you really want, so that I can try shooting around it.

Mostly the ability to hold a singular target and assist in prepping her wrestling moves, since in wrestling, the high tier moves that the wrestlers carry out often have their targets actually assisting them, like purposely jumping to allow their grappler to lift them easier.

Mostly the ability to hold a singular target and assist in prepping her wrestling moves, since in wrestling, the high tier moves that the wrestlers carry out often have their targets actually assisting them, like purposely jumping to allow their grappler to lift them easier.
Well, then, one idea would be the ability to control whole clothes rather than fragment them, coupled with a conditional for what clothes she can control, and then a proper establishing of limitations on the hardening, speed and range of control.

Range of Movement: 10 meters
Too long. I am not allowing ranges longer than 5 meters, and that's me being generous given you control these things...

Shield Weight: 3821lbs
Shield Durability: Equivalent to 304mm of steel armor
mpact Force: 38000n
These makes it seem like each shield is a tank... A tank which she can freely maneuver.

Shield Durability: Equivalent to 304mm of steel armor
So just, again, like an anti-tank riffle to take down. Hero school or not, this is STILL a school. Nobody's aiming to kill, so noboy would carry enough power to actually get through these shields...

Movement Speed: 50mph
That's way too fast

Ok, overall, I think your quirk's numbers are pretty much just off the charts, so I want you to do something and that is, pick one: maneuverability or strength. The efficient the shields are at attacking and defending, the harder it has to be to move them around, otherwise the ability becomes basically impenetrable, you become invencible. I hope I don't have to explain why that's a problem. The basic principle is that your opponents, regardless of who they may be, need to have realistic options to defeat you, even more so considering the character is a student who couldn't possibly have had the real opportunity to train their quirk. So, if your power is shields, either they have to be able to go through the shields or they have to actually avoid the shields.

Personality:
Taking her for being the shy bookworm type, you wouldn't be that far off. Toki is reserved and generally keeps to herself. Your biggest mistake with pegging her for this archetype would be the fact that she is neither shy nor overly fond of books. Rather, she is incredibly blunt and pragmatic. She will voice her opinion with a calm, almost monotone voice with little care as to what others think. She'd be just as likely to ridicule you as she would praise you in that same uninterested tone. She doesn't aim to hurt anyone, she just doesn't mind speaking her thoughts. Many would find her difficult to deal with as her constant jabs and quips can cause her to be just a little annoying. Beyond all that she seems exceptionally unmotivated about the whole hero thing. While everyone else is doing their best to achieve their dreams she seems as if she's merely coasting along. She is much more enthusiastic about enjoying her teen years than anything hero related, often shirking hero-related activities whenever possible to go do other things. Toki views her pragmatic, down to earth outlook as one of her strong points. This leads her to rarely taking leaps of faith or trusting someone's gut. If she can't find a practical and tangible benefit to an action she is hard pressed to carry it out. Where others will be willing to go out on a limb for the hope of a positive outcome Toki would call such endeavors stupid and instead focus herself on a route she deems actually worth while.
I am having a hard time telling much of a difference from how this was last time, but I guess I will go with it

When she was old enough it was her Mother's full intention to send her to UA. However, due to her own lackluster approach she was unable to enter UA much to her mother's chagrin
Entrance exams take place at the same time, so I don't think she would be able to get into the PSA exam after unless she ended up not going to school for a year and then going back to try again, but this time on the PSA. If this sounds reasonable to you, I would like to allow you to make your character 17 (if you wish or you can keep her 16) and have that be a cannon part of your backstory...

Too long. I am not allowing ranges longer than 5 meters, and that's me being generous given you control these things...

Hmm, fair enough. I'll lower it.

These makes it seem like each shield is a tank... A tank which she can freely maneuver

So just, again, like an anti-tank riffle to take down. Hero school or not, this is STILL a school. Nobody's aiming to kill, so noboy would carry enough power to actually get through these shields...

That's way too fast

Ok, overall, I think your quirk's numbers are pretty much just off the charts, so I want you to do something and that is, pick one: maneuverability or strength. The efficient the shields are at attacking and defending, the harder it has to be to move them around, otherwise the ability becomes basically impenetrable, you become invencible. I hope I don't have to explain why that's a problem. The basic principle is that your opponents, regardless of who they may be, need to have realistic options to defeat you, even more so considering the character is a student who couldn't possibly have had the real opportunity to train their quirk. So, if your power is shields, either they have to be able to go through the shields or they have to actually avoid the shields.

I just used real life numbers. How much does a 6 foot tall, 3 foot wide, an 1 foot deep slab of steel weigh? Around 9k lbs, but since it's not a solid cube I cut it drastically. That durability comes from the penetrating power of a 50 caliber bullet against steel plate. I mean, you're trying to punch through 12 inches of steel. It's not exactly a plate-sized buckler. As for the impact force, I calculated that as what would happen if you slammed a 3800lbs object at 50mph. As for the speed, that's around how fast you can swing your arm.

In fact, this is a prime example of why I didn't want to get as specific as you want. Because people don't understand just how powerful real life is. They MASSIVELY underestimate things because otherwise it seems OP, but real life is OP. I can lower various aspects, like the speed which would also nerf the impact force. But they can't be TOO slow otherwise they're literally useless. Again, a normal human can swing their arm at 50mph. If the shields move so sluggishly they can't be used to actually defend against attacks. The shields need to be able to move at least somewhat close to human reflexes if they're going to actually serve a purpose beyond just looking cool.

The true vulnerability of the quirk is that they're just shields. So a lot of AOE-style quirks would negate them fairly easily. Likewise mutant style quirks that enhance strength/agility would be able to deal with them as well. Not every quirk can easily be beaten by everyone too. Some quirks just counter other quirks, and the entire point of this quirk is to be a turtle-type quirk. It's suppose to be super defensive because it has little offensive capability. Despite 50mph seeming fast, it's incredibly slow when you leverage it against reflex speed. To put it into perspective, if you can avoid a punch you'd be able to avoid these shields. And since heroes can't kill people she can't even aim at you directly. So the trade-off of having little in the way of offense is she's very durable.

I am having a hard time telling much of a difference from how this was last time, but I guess I will go with it

I made it so that she isn't one to take leaps of faith or anything like that. So the whole Deku style of "I have to at least try" is something she wouldn't go along with. Her refusal to take leaps of faith and only take action she thinks would actually work limits her as she would pass over real good opportunities just because they seemed like a longshot.

Entrance exams take place at the same time, so I don't think she would be able to get into the PSA exam after unless she ended up not going to school for a year and then going back to try again, but this time on the PSA. If this sounds reasonable to you, I would like to allow you to make your character 17 (if you wish or you can keep her 16) and have that be a cannon part of your backstory...

That sounds fine to me, helps reinforce why her mom is forcing her so hard, because she missed a year of school. Dunno about changing her age. Being 17 means she has had an extra year to hone her quirk, but being 16 is still nice. Although I probably will just age her up like you suggested.

That sounds fine to me, helps reinforce why her mom is forcing her so hard, because she missed a year of school. Dunno about changing her age. Being 17 means she has had an extra year to hone her quirk, but being 16 is still nice. Although I probably will just age her up like you suggested.
No she wouldn't cause, again, using your quirk like that is illegal.

I just used real life numbers. How much does a 6 foot tall, 3 foot wide, an 1 foot deep slab of steel weigh? Around 9k lbs, but since it's not a solid cube I cut it drastically. That durability comes from the penetrating power of a 50 caliber bullet against steel plate. I mean, you're trying to punch through 12 inches of steel. It's not exactly a plate-sized buckler. As for the impact force, I calculated that as what would happen if you slammed a 3800lbs object at 50mph. As for the speed, that's around how fast you can swing your arm.

In fact, this is a prime example of why I didn't want to get as specific as you want. Because people don't understand just how powerful real life is. They MASSIVELY underestimate things because otherwise it seems OP, but real life is OP. I can lower various aspects, like the speed which would also nerf the impact force. But they can't be TOO slow otherwise they're literally useless. Again, a normal human can swing their arm at 50mph. If the shields move so sluggishly they can't be used to actually defend against attacks. The shields need to be able to move at least somewhat close to human reflexes if they're going to actually serve a purpose beyond just looking cool.

The true vulnerability of the quirk is that they're just shields. So a lot of AOE-style quirks would negate them fairly easily. Likewise mutant style quirks that enhance strength/agility would be able to deal with them as well. Not every quirk can easily be beaten by everyone too. Some quirks just counter other quirks, and the entire point of this quirk is to be a turtle-type quirk. It's suppose to be super defensive because it has little offensive capability. Despite 50mph seeming fast, it's incredibly slow when you leverage it against reflex speed. To put it into perspective, if you can avoid a punch you'd be able to avoid these shields. And since heroes can't kill people she can't even aim at you directly. So the trade-off of having little in the way of offense is she's very durable.
Not exactly. There are several problems with your line of thinking here, and here are a few:
1. Yeah, real life would be considered overpowered in a lot of things, but real life has a lot of resource management and consuming you don't have to consider here, such as time, money, fuel, raw materials to build things, expertize to build things, etc... Not to mention your opponent eventually if not right away having access to that same equippment. If your ultimate standard is real life, then you cannot have a usual superpower, you have to come up with a power that could actually occur in real life. Otherwise, you have to accept a lot of things are not gonna be real life-like.
2. Even if you design according to real life, I review according to how balanced a power is, and according to it's potential to be an interesting asset to the RP. Which is why I need the specifics. Because there's a huge difference between a power that simply creates a couple inch blades and a power that can create a million flying meter-long blades, so exemplify, which could both be (part) of what's written in the sentence: can create and manipulate short blades.
3. Quirks are manifestations of genetics. They have physical limits of a body, even if that body now extends to a form of metal. Naturally it would be much more limited than normal metal.
4. The difference between a shield and a punch is substancial to begin with. A very focused point moving in a steady line, whereas a shield is a large moving plane. Plus, it's not the person who has to avoid the shield to be able to attack you, the shield must be unable to get between you and the strike on time.
5. Reflex speed and arm moving speed are different from the speed at which you control somehting because moving an arm is uni-directional and reflex speed isn't even voluntary movement, in those cases where it can be considered movement at all... Fast as it is, it's a few inches in an essentially randomized direction.
6. Nomatter the point of your quirk, if it's overpowered, it's overpowered.
7. Demanding that others have a quirk that beats yours just to be able to have a chance is just an unfair advantage that will not get through me. I stated this once and I will state it again: unless your power has weaknesses exploitable by anyone, it's overpowered.
8. Shields don't have to be unbreakable walls that can protect you in time for anything to be useful. Just blocking a direct attack makes them plenty useful. And if you want them maneuverability that's ok, but then you have to seriously downgrade how much they can block.

No she wouldn't cause, again, using your quirk like that is illegal.

Using your quirk in public without permission is illegal. Using your quirk is not. We see in the anime and manga that people train their quirks outside of school. I man, that's part of the main story with Deku. The other kids had their entire lives to hone their quirks whereas Deku only has several months. So she would be better at using her quirk if she's a year older simply through nature of having another year to practice with it. If you don't like that I can leave her at 16 then.

Not exactly. There are several problems with your line of thinking here, and here are a few:
1. Yeah, real life would be considered overpowered in a lot of things, but real life has a lot of resource management and consuming you don't have to consider here, such as time, money, fuel, raw materials to build things, expertize to build things, etc... Not to mention your opponent eventually if not right away having access to that same equippment. If your ultimate standard is real life, then you cannot have a usual superpower, you have to come up with a power that could actually occur in real life. Otherwise, you have to accept a lot of things are not gonna be real life-like.
2. Even if you design according to real life, I review according to how balanced a power is, and according to it's potential to be an interesting asset to the RP. Which is why I need the specifics. Because there's a huge difference between a power that simply creates a couple inch blades and a power that can create a million flying meter-long blades, so exemplify, which could both be (part) of what's written in the sentence: can create and manipulate short blades.
3. Quirks are manifestations of genetics. They have physical limits of a body, even if that body now extends to a form of metal. Naturally it would be much more limited than normal metal.
4. The difference between a shield and a punch is substancial to begin with. A very focused point moving in a steady line, whereas a shield is a large moving plane. Plus, it's not the person who has to avoid the shield to be able to attack you, the shield must be unable to get between you and the strike on time.
5. Reflex speed and arm moving speed are different from the speed at which you control somehting because moving an arm is uni-directional and reflex speed isn't even voluntary movement, in those cases where it can be considered movement at all... Fast as it is, it's a few inches in an essentially randomized direction.
6. Nomatter the point of your quirk, if it's overpowered, it's overpowered.
7. Demanding that others have a quirk that beats yours just to be able to have a chance is just an unfair advantage that will not get through me. I stated this once and I will state it again: unless your power has weaknesses exploitable by anyone, it's overpowered.
8. Shields don't have to be unbreakable walls that can protect you in time for anything to be useful. Just blocking a direct attack makes them plenty useful. And if you want them maneuverability that's ok, but then you have to seriously downgrade how much they can block.

You kind of contradict yourself. You want specifics but when I give specifics you call it OP. Even though it isn't OP since we see first year students doing far FAR more impressive things. I think you're massively undervaluing quirks, both in the canon material and your own RP. Mostly because they don't have hard numbers attached to them.

Tbh, at this point, I'd rather you just tell me what you want instead of this endless back and forth. I see no problem with what I have, from skimming through the approved characters I don't see a single fellow student that wouldn't be able to counter it. But if that isn't good enough for you, then just tell me the numbers you want to see since the realistic ones clearly aren't them.

You kind of contradict yourself. You want specifics but when I give specifics you call it OP. Even though it isn't OP since we see first year students doing far FAR more impressive things. I think you're massively undervaluing quirks, both in the canon material and your own RP. Mostly because they don't have hard numbers attached to them.
I am not undervaluing the cannon material, but RP material isn't going to be as strong, naturally. Unlike an author who has control over every character and make them act in ways that their power level doesn't get in the way of the story, I can't go around controlling your character. All I can do is make sure NOW that they don't have the ability to break the story.
I want specifics so I can have you choose what you want to be really good at, while leaving openings for others to exploit. Saying I demanded information and then noticing that information is OP is not contradicting myself.

Tbh, at this point, I'd rather you just tell me what you want instead of this endless back and forth. I see no problem with what I have, from skimming through the approved characters I don't see a single fellow student that wouldn't be able to counter it. But if that isn't good enough for you, then just tell me the numbers you want to see since the realistic ones clearly aren't them.
Alright. Like I said, I wanted to give you guys the choice over what to sacrifice and what to really keep or if you just wanted to go mild on everything. I'll get back to you on this later

Using your quirk in public without permission is illegal. Using your quirk is not. We see in the anime and manga that people train their quirks outside of school. I man, that's part of the main story with Deku. The other kids had their entire lives to hone their quirks whereas Deku only has several months. So she would be better at using her quirk if she's a year older simply through nature of having another year to practice with it. If you don't like that I can leave her at 16 then.
Good point, but how much can you really improve in a year of doing the same things that you could do for the past 10 or so?

I am not undervaluing the cannon material, but RP material isn't going to be as strong, naturally. Unlike an author who has control over every character and make them act in ways that their power level doesn't get in the way of the story, I can't go around controlling your character. All I can do is make sure NOW that they don't have the ability to break the story.
I want specifics so I can have you choose what you want to be really good at, while leaving openings for others to exploit. Saying I demanded information and then noticing that information is OP is not contradicting myself.

Alright. Like I said, I wanted to give you guys the choice over what to sacrifice and what to really keep or if you just wanted to go mild on everything. I'll get back to you on this later

Good point, but how much can you really improve in a year of doing the same things that you could do for the past 10 or so?

Like I said, I see nothing wrong with what I currently have and I don't think there's a single student that wouldn't be able to counter it and beat her. That's why I'm stepping aside and letting you dictate the numbers. Because at this point there's nothing I can do, as far as I see it any significant nerfs would render the quirk literally worthless. If they're made weaker then they can't shield (12 inches of steel isn't THAT durable, especially not with the quirks both in the show and in this rp). If they're made slower then they may as well not exist since people would just side-step them. The only possible change I could make that wouldn't make them worthless is making them lighter, but then that wouldn't really change anything in practical terms. So if this still isn't good enough, then there's nothing I can do and I may as well let you decide.

As for improving, not a life-changing amount. But a year is a long time. We see what the heroes in the show can do as teens. So it'd be more a case for defending her ability to control her shields as I described than anything else. Wouldn't really change anything, which is why it's not a big deal to me. It'd mostly be a superficial thing.

Edit: Reading through the quirks I was right about everyone being able to counter this as I have it. You have people who could just straight up break their way through the shields with raw power. You have people with AOE type quirks like that bunny's arsenal or the gas. You have people who can move quick enough to just bypass the shields.

No offense intended, but I was right when I said you're undervaluing the quirks you approved. The only reason mine seems so strong is I gave hard numbers whereas everyone else gives much more vague analogies. But when you actually quantify those analogies into numbers you find out there's a LOT of students who can do much more impressive feats than anything my shields can do.

Last edited:
Like I said, I see nothing wrong with what I currently have and I don't think there's a single student that wouldn't be able to counter it and beat her. That's why I'm stepping aside and letting you dictate the numbers. Because at this point there's nothing I can do, as far as I see it any significant nerfs would render the quirk literally worthless. If they're made weaker then they can't shield (12 inches of steel isn't THAT durable, especially not with the quirks both in the show and in this rp). If they're made slower then they may as well not exist since people would just side-step them. The only possible change I could make that wouldn't make them worthless is making them lighter, but then that wouldn't really change anything in practical terms. So if this still isn't good enough, then there's nothing I can do and I may as well let you decide.

As for improving, not a life-changing amount. But a year is a long time. We see what the heroes in the show can do as teens. So it'd be more a case for defending her ability to control her shields as I described than anything else. Wouldn't really change anything, which is why it's not a big deal to me. It'd mostly be a superficial thing.

Edit: Reading through the quirks I was right about everyone being able to counter this as I have it. You have people who could just straight up break their way through the shields with raw power. You have people with AOE type quirks like that bunny's arsenal or the gas. You have people who can move quick enough to just bypass the shields.

No offense intended, but I was right when I said you're undervaluing the quirks you approved. The only reason mine seems so strong is I gave hard numbers whereas everyone else gives much more vague analogies. But when you actually quantify those analogies into numbers you find out there's a LOT of students who can do much more impressive feats than anything my shields can do.
I went through a few pages, and yeah, there are people with AOE moves and moves that can't be blocked by shields specifically, but I didn't see anything that neither has it's own way of just being avoidable, or which your shields can't simply stand in the way of AKA block it.

As for them being able to break through the shields, considering the average ceiling here is a concrete wall, that's way under any kind of steel... And your's is above average, from what I looked up.

I went through a few pages, and yeah, there are people with AOE moves and moves that can't be blocked by shields specifically, but I didn't see anything that neither has it's own way of just being avoidable, or which your shields can't simply stand in the way of AKA block it.

As for them being able to break through the shields, considering the average ceiling here is a concrete wall, that's way under any kind of steel... And your's is above average, from what I looked up.

You're looking at single hits. If you can smash a concrete wall in a single hit, then you can break those shields eventually too. I mean you shouldn't be able to one-shot the shields, that negates the point of them. But you can wear them down if every strike is sufficient to smash a concrete wall. And there are other quirks that hit even harder. And I don't get what you mean by "above average". I calculated my stuff using general steel, not any particularly durable variant of it either.

That said, I think this is a case of focusing on the wrong thing. The shields themselves should be strong, that's the entire point. It's like looking at Ejiro's harden and going "it shouldn't harden THAT much", it defeats the point. Instead I think it should be looked at in other regards. This has made me look back at my CS and I noticed that, in my rewrite I forgot to add some things. The goal shouldn't be to break the shields, it should be to either bypass them (they can't cover all sides) or to wear her down. I treat the shields as an extension of her own body, so using them is tiresome to her. She can't really move while wielding the shields making her vulnerable if you can bypass them. Using the shields is also physically taxing so she can't just use them indefinitely.

I mean, think of it like this. If you were holding a shield in real life and somebody slammed into it. Yeah, the shield would be undamaged but you still had to exert force to hold your position, didn't you? That's how it works for my character. She still has to expend energy to maintain the shield's position otherwise it'd just be pushed back by the force of the attack it's suppose to block. These limitations were lost in translation when I switched it from two quirks to one, but would they be enough to balance it in your eyes?

You're looking at single hits. If you can smash a concrete wall in a single hit, then you can break those shields eventually too. I mean you shouldn't be able to one-shot the shields, that negates the point of them. But you can wear them down if every strike is sufficient to smash a concrete wall. And there are other quirks that hit even harder. And I don't get what you mean by "above average". I calculated my stuff using general steel, not any particularly durable variant of it either.
I know that when I googled the numbers, the results I got were "ultra hard steel" and "abnormal steel"

he goal shouldn't be to break the shields, it should be to either bypass them (they can't cover all sides) or to wear her down. I treat the shields as an extension of her own body, so using them is tiresome to her. She can't really move while wielding the shields making her vulnerable if you can bypass them. Using the shields is also physically taxing so she can't just use them indefinitely.
Yeah, this is kind of what I was talking about. You have a choice- either make the shields weaker or make it so they aren't so easy to move. If the shields are fast and omnidirectional, then it makes sense to let them be one-shot or have a specific time limit. If the shield is not fast enough to keep up with a surprise attack from behind her (which honestly, I think goes a lot more towards your point), then that's pretty much good enough for me. From that point, it just needs to not be pretty much indestructible AKA if I pull a super strong villain she wouldn't be able to block that.

As for the tiresome, unless I have at least an idea of the symptoms/time rate, I can't account for it.

I know that when I googled the numbers, the results I got were "ultra hard steel" and "abnormal steel"

What did you google? Because the only number I used steel for was the weight. The speed was based on how fast humans can move their arms. The impact force was based on the weight impacting at that speed. The durability is literally just "12 inches of steel" lol. There shouldn't be anything that ties to "ultra hard steel" since the only number that comes from steel is the weight.

Yeah, this is kind of what I was talking about. You have a choice- either make the shields weaker or make it so they aren't so easy to move. If the shields are fast and omnidirectional, then it makes sense to let them be one-shot or have a specific time limit. If the shield is not fast enough to keep up with a surprise attack from behind her (which honestly, I think goes a lot more towards your point), then that's pretty much good enough for me. From that point, it just needs to not be pretty much indestructible AKA if I pull a super strong villain she wouldn't be able to block that.

As for the tiresome, unless I have at least an idea of the symptoms/time rate, I can't account for it.

The shields are suppose to move like normal human arms, basically. Reaction time and move speed should be what a normal person is capable of. So if you could ambush a normal person without them blocking with their arms, then you'd ambush my character without her blocking with her shields. That's why I based my numbers on real life numbers, because it sounds fast but if someone comes up behind you to shank you, your arm moving at 50mph generally wont do the trick because they are also moving that fast but also have the element of surprise.

Like I said, it just seems scarier because I'm using hard numbers. In actuality the shields movement is no greater than what you can do right now in your bedroom. So unless you think your own movement is OP, then the shield's movement wouldn't be OP. In the time it takes the shield to rotate around to the opposite side to block an attack, any other student in the school could rotate and block with their arms. Also gotta remember that it's not like she has super reflexes. The shields aren't autonomous. She has to notice the attack, register it, and move the shields accordingly.

So, in short, you should just picture the shields as her arms. If you can reasonably block an attack with your arms, then she can do it with her shields. If you wouldn't be able to block an attack with your arms, then she wouldn't be able to do it with her shields.

I'll add those limitations back to the CS and go from there, though.

The shields are suppose to move like normal human arms, basically. Reaction time and move speed should be what a normal person is capable of. So if you could ambush a normal person without them blocking with their arms, then you'd ambush my character without her blocking with her shields. That's why I based my numbers on real life numbers, because it sounds fast but if someone comes up behind you to shank you, your arm moving at 50mph generally wont do the trick because they are also moving that fast but also have the element of surprise.

Like I said, it just seems scarier because I'm using hard numbers. In actuality the shields movement is no greater than what you can do right now in your bedroom. So unless you think your own movement is OP, then the shield's movement wouldn't be OP. In the time it takes the shield to rotate around to the opposite side to block an attack, any other student in the school could rotate and block with their arms. Also gotta remember that it's not like she has super reflexes. The shields aren't autonomous. She has to notice the attack, register it, and move the shields accordingly.

So, in short, you should just picture the shields as her arms. If you can reasonably block an attack with your arms, then she can do it with her shields. If you wouldn't be able to block an attack with your arms, then she wouldn't be able to do it with her shields.

I'll add those limitations back to the CS and go from there, though.
Alright, alright fine. I'll take your word for it here and see how it goes, you convinced me as much. However, I will be keeping an eye on you. If I keep seeing you block things whenver it's convenient, I'll interviene, understood?

Alright, alright fine. I'll take your word for it here and see how it goes, you convinced me as much. However, I will be keeping an eye on you. If I keep seeing you block things whenver it's convenient, I'll interviene, understood?

I'll block what I think is reasonable to be blocked. Someone like Tenya would be too quick to block against, as an example. But if someone doesn't have any speed enhancement and just ran around to hit my back, it'd be reasonable to react in time to that. It shouldn't be an issue is what I'm saying. But if it is I'll quickly adjust it.

I also added in the time limitation. I can't give super hard numbers since it'd depend on what kind of kinetic energy she's blocking. Blocking a normal punch would be pretty negligible, while blocking some of those concrete-smashing hits would be pretty tiresome. So I gave her a maximum time based solely on moving her shields around a lot.

I'll block what I think is reasonable to be blocked. Someone like Tenya would be too quick to block against, as an example. But if someone doesn't have any speed enhancement and just ran around to hit my back, it'd be reasonable to react in time to that. It shouldn't be an issue is what I'm saying. But if it is I'll quickly adjust it.

I also added in the time limitation. I can't give super hard numbers since it'd depend on what kind of kinetic energy she's blocking. Blocking a normal punch would be pretty negligible, while blocking some of those concrete-smashing hits would be pretty tiresome. So I gave her a maximum time based solely on moving her shields around a lot.
I said it twice, I'll say it a third, everyone needs to have a chance against you. That means even if a person without a quirk showed up, and fought your character, there MUST be a manner of them overcoming your power.

So it's not like you can't ever react in time, but if you mean to tell me the time the condition is super speed , that's a no-go.

So, feel free to dodge as you like, but if I find that dodge to be unreasonable I will ask you to correct without hesitation

I said it twice, I'll say it a third, everyone needs to have a chance against you. That means even if a person without a quirk showed up, and fought your character, there MUST be a manner of them overcoming your power.

So it's not like you can't ever react in time, but if you mean to tell me the time the condition is super speed , that's a no-go.

So, feel free to dodge as you like, but if I find that dodge to be unreasonable I will ask you to correct without hesitation

Well, I wont intentionally gimp myself just to give someone else a way in. And this has nothing to do with my quirk. If I feel I can reasonably defend against an attack, I'll rp my character doing that. If I have to go out of character to let someone get their hits in, I wont do that unless forced. Again, this has nothing to do with the quirk and just to do with how I handle RP in general. Regardless of powers I think things should be realistic. If you're not faster than your opponent then you should expect them to block/evade your attacks, so you should then think of ways around this. If I'm operating on normal human reflexes, and I'm fighting an opponent who operates on normal human reflexes, unless there's some extenuating factor then I'll block their attacks.

There's a difference between having a means to beat you and actually being able to utilize that means. I've been over most people's CS, they all CAN beat me. Whether they think to use their abilities in such ways is up to them, but I wont give them a handicap. And I'd expect they wouldn't act out of character just to give me a free hit either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back