• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Paradoxica: Now Accepting Writers!

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom

UPADATE: The thread is up,

here!

'Time and Tide Wait for No Man.'

- Geoffrey Chaucer

The University of Cambridge: one of the world's most esteemed universities, and one of the greatest hubs of fantastic young minds. Bright youngsters from all over the world apply for its elusive places, but only the smartest, the hardest-working are accepted into its educational elite.

Amongst all of the ambition, intrigue, and posh snobs drinking themselves silly, one man has set his sights on achieving the impossible: Time Travel.

On his own, it seems his efforts are folly. Yet, aided by fellow freshman and perhaps even fate itself, one of the world's most ambitious projects is propelled into fruition as on the first day of term, a mysterious meteor falls from the skies, a meteor that could contain the final key to cracking the conundrum.

Alongside making headway into their experimentations, the group must also maintain their standard university lives as they explore their first taste of true adult independance, juggling relationships and friendships alongside their impossible task.

All the while, they edge closer and closer to uncovering science's deepest secrets. But is all really as it seems? Is Time Travel really the scientific blank-zone that one would be lead to believe? Are they really the only ones out there with such a lofty goal?

Most of all, do they really comprehend the magnitude of their discoveries?

Join the adventure in:

~PARADOXICA~

~~~

Greetings, prospective RPer!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for checking out this interest check. As you'll hopefully have gathered, Paradoxica is a Time-Travel-based RP that is an unnusual mix of sci-fi and slice-of-life - hence the 'Realistic' branding. Especially in the early stages, things will be very much focussed on university life alongside our characters' exploration into Time Travel; thus I'd suggest you go into things with a slice-of-life style RPing attitude, expecting to start by playing out ordinary university-life friendships and reactions and such. However, it won't be long before action starts to kick in, and we are introduced to more adventure/exploration/sci-fi/fantasy based elements. I hope I've piqued your fancy, and I hope you're up for the ride!

A couple of questions and answers for you:

Question: What detail level do you expect?

Answer: I'm aiming for something between Casual and Detailed; detail where neccessary, and writing ability without frequent dodgy grammar, along with an overall creativity and willingness to write, really. In terms of post frequency, I'm hoping things will start pretty active, but ideally I'd want things to die down to a pace where I'm expecting about two posts a week. As long as you're interested and dedicated, however, I'm willing to take you on.

Question: You mention in the plug about 'one man has set his sights on achieving the impossible'.

Answer: Firstly, bad question asker: that's not even a question! Secondly, yup, I do indeed mention that. This is because my character will be a budding scientist who comes up with the initial idea of Time Travel. However, there is no need to be concerned; this will not be an RP where the GM (in this case, me, hello!) has 'the protagonist' and expects everybody else to just tag along for the ride. Though my character will be the instigator of this, when the characters are interlinked and get involved with each other, the plot will give no preference to my character. My character might be what spurs this on, but he's certainly not going to be the one making every single discovery single-handedly, ect, ect; don't worry, I hate that kind of RP as much as you do! Each and every RPer will also be given the chance to impliment their own sub-plots and, especially with the slice-of-life based stuff, there will be a lot of chance for independant RPer creativity.

Question: What kinds of characters will you want?

Answer: All characters (barring NPC's and Neutral Character) will be Cambridge freshmen, so they will all be around 18, depending on whether they go to uni directly after leaving school. They won't neccessarily have to be physics students either; as long as they get involved with my character and the general time travel stuff, things'll be fine.

I think that should just about cover the basics. Obviously, this is an interest check, so please, comment down below if you're interested; I want to know how much interest I'm expecting before I go ahead and work on the RP thread itself. Also feel free to ask any questions down below and I'll be sure to answer them.

Cheers, and thanks for noticing this/me/senpai once more!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Red Thunder : Hello! I suppose it is kinda H.G.Wells, yus. If we're drawing companions, I'd say I'm channeling Steins;Gate more though, I feel, in terms of smaller scale time travel. As in, we have here youngsters going 'ooh, time travel!' and soon finding out the consequences. Anyhow, glad to have caught your eye!

Definitely interested. Haven't gotten around to watching Steins; Gate yet but I've been told many times I should hurry up with that. Anyways yeah, wouldn't mind joining if this gets up and running.

@cojemo : Cool, nice to see you again, bud!

Presuming that @Azalea is also interested from her liking of the first post, that makes five of us. Ideally I'd like a little more interest, so I'll keep at this thread for now; comment if you're interested, folks! Nevertheless, I will probably get started on the thread this evening, with the intention of having it finished and ready for character applications on Saturday!

Ooh, more friends!

In that case, I'm going to be going out someplace fairly shortly, but when I return I shall set to work on setting up the thread! :D

Cool beans!

It is now midnight my time, so I will now be going off to sleep. The thread preparations are well underway; I just have two more sections to complete and about half of my character form to finish up. I expect things will be completed nice and early tomorrow ready for people to submit characters and the like!
:D

My friends! It is finished! Well, mainly. Truth be told, my head is absolutely dead today for whatevere reason, which has been really frustrating, but nevertheless I've managed to complete most of the thread, so that it's now at a stage where you can start to make characters. My character is pretty much done, but there's still a few sections that are incomplete due to my brain being frazzled.

Anyhow, the link is here! Enjoy! @Sotp

Hello there! This sounds extremely interesting so I would be quite willing to join in on the fun if you are still looking for participants. Also, I have a question: would you be willing to accept a skeptical character among the crew, someone who thinks time travelling to be completely impossible?

@Owl : Greetings, feathered friend! I am still accepting players, yes, and that sounds like a fantastic idea that I would definitely endorse. After all, you therefore instantly have a character who's going to present an interesting conflict with my character and indeed the whole plot, with lots of scope for character development and reactions and all sorts!

Glad to hear you fancy this idea! I mean, conflict is always a splendid opportunity for character development as you already mentioned. So, I guess I am going to head on to the thread and read all the information in order to make a worthy personage for this really really... really intriguing roleplay~

I notice many of you here have stated that you were interested in joining but, as of yet, are yet to follow up/show signs of following up. The RP is garnering a decent amount of interest, and the characters fast filling up, so please, if you are still planning on joining, can you clarify as such down below so that I can know to reserve you a spot? I don't want the RP to be too busy, but similarly as you guys showed an interest to start with, I'm not going to suddenly turn around and deny you a place; hence comment, or I'll presume you've moved on.

Nobody has taken action on the above post! If you guys haven't said anything by tomorrow then I'm simply going to presume you've moved on and you won't be reserved a spot. In the mean time, I suppose that means we're still open, though with few limited places left!

So, we still have two spots left, possibly more, if anybody is interesting in joining us! Please just make sure you inform me somewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back