• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Parable: Seeds of Corruption (combat RP)

Thinslayer

Hear, O child, the parable of the Pure Heart.

The world is infected with Dark Seed, a fragment of evil that causes sentient beings to do evil things. Once a creature is infected, it bonds with the soul, so its removal usually means the creature's death, and death is the only way to destroy it. Left alone, it will gradually spread throughout the mind and body until every waking thought is consumed with evil.

That's not to say it doesn't have its perks, though. If the creature is injured, Dark Seed can heal and make it stronger. Even mortal wounds are not beyond repair. Allowing it to do so causes it to spread that much faster. If it is allowed to spread, the creature becomes several times faster and stronger. But it comes at a steep price.

Hope is not lost, though. Legends speak of an incorruptible Pure Heart that can cleanse one from Dark Seed and grant immunity to corruption. You, the players, are among the few people left on Earth who are not yet fully corrupted, so you set out on a journey to find this Pure Heart. The Corrupted despise the Pure Heart and will attack on sight anyone whom they know is trying to find it, so your journey will be a treacherous one.

How far will you go to save your life?

Do you have the courage to save the world?

One major aspect of the Parable series is the tests. Every now and then, player characters will come across a test that will reveal something about them or about their world. It may come in the form of a puzzle, riddle, or even an impossible dilemma. These tests don't always have a realistic explanation, but they will be challenging and often fun.

@Meredith

Considering one of your 1x1 interest checks expresses a desire for RPs that question morality, I think you might enjoy Parable. A substantial gameplay element is deciding what to do with the Corrupted, who are people like you and me who happen to be really messed up. Later in the story, there are plot twists that further complicate your moral compass. You might get a kick out of this RP.

Ooh, I might, actually. I'm taking a look now.

I'm trying not to join any group rps until my exams are done (a week) but if it's not starting immediately, I might very well be interested!

Well, it doesn't have to be a group RP. The story would work quite well with just two players (you and I). Some of the Tests may have to be modified for a two-player game, though. :P

Looks like we're starting in a week for group RP then. xD

I can take this time to further develop plot details. In the meantime...worldbuilding!! It's going to be a sort of dystopic modern/fantasy world, where both guns and swords coexist and are used with equal frequency. There will also be bits of magic here and there as needed.

Gunssssss

//I'm sorry.

Magic - how do you want it to work? Kind of an equal effort/energy thing, or needing specific requirements, or like...

Magic is used more for storytelling purposes. Like, in one of the Tests, a character finds someone selling Light Seeds, which are said to be able to reset the spread of your corruption, essentially extending your sanity by up to 3 more days. Light Seeds are clearly magical. Most magic will be found in the items or structures you come across. Humans don't get to use it as much, if at all.

Guns would be a really cool implementation of magic! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back