• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Panzerfahren: A Girls und Panzer - Sensha-Dō - Semi-Realistic RP [Closed]

Becker

“Someone else always has to carry on the story...”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings all, Hen here and i'm bringing with me; tanks, cordite and a questionable lack of health and safety!
Alisa's_Tank_Hit_12x.gif
(No anime girls were harmed in the making of this gif.. at least.. I think so)
With income at a all time low, the Bovington Tank Museum has partnered up with the European & Japanese Sensha-Dō Federation (EJSD) in order to boost interest and reach out to the world-wide community. Students from across the globe have arrived at the newly build Bovington International School to crew the leased museum vehicles. Usually, Sensha-dō is a female only activity however, due to the military protential aspects of the 'martial art.' The federation has opened up for all genders to sign up and possibly win the chance at fighting alongside fellow minded men and women. The goal for these students? The 2018 National High-School Sensha-Dō Tournament and guaranteed acceptance into any university of their choice. Which fighting vehicle will your characters crew? Will you lead the school to victory or will the Tank Museum be forced to close indefinitely?

BI.png
(Apologises for the god-awful design, photoshop ain't my strong point)​

Students arriving would be greated by a larger than life school. With Sensha-dō at it's heart; several maintenance, storage and ammunition depots litter the school grounds. Along the outer walls are several smaller dormitory buildings, providing adequate accommodation and other services. Uniforms are not mandatory however one would often see students wearing fireproof overalls and berets similar to ones worn by British Military Crewmen. Though the School's coat of arms adorns the headwear as a a badge. Considering the sudden popularity of Sensha-dō in Europe; many men and women from the ages of 15 to 18 have travelled far across the globe as Japan has a more internal education program.

Rules:

• Be polite please
  • Try to post at least once every other day. If you're inactive for more than a week without letting anyone know you may be asked to leave
  • Try to be inclusive. If you notice someone is rping alone try to bring them into the conversation
  • No one liners. Short paragraphs are preferred, but longer is absolutely okay. Each vehicle must be fulled crew with characters, if you don't wish to make 3/4/5/6 different characters then I would suggest partnering up with another player to share the amount of writing.
  • Try not to leave others hanging if you. Don't make a plan that revolves around you then disappear for a whole day or two, just make sure there's ways to progress in case something happens
  • Try not to make you crew overpowered or do 'too' much. Writing up several paragraphs on how your tank took out the entire enemy team will most likely be deleted to give others a fair chance. Be realistic and play fair
  • Please select a vehicle -only- from the list in the Lore section; that is unless there is one that I have missed that is in the Bovington Tank Museum collection.
  • Other than that, have fun and do contact me Becker Becker if you have any private issues or need help.

If any of this has tickled your fancy then please do join in here!^_^

Or you can contact me Becker Becker for any questions.

Panzer Vor my dudes!

Last edited:
Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Aye, it was fun whilst it lasted... though it quickly feel apart due to replies varying massively in quality and quantity. I think if I were to re-do this, i'd make the tanks have a auto-loader feature.. so you can have one less character to write up 😂 Having 5 characters to add into a post is beyond exhausting.

Indeedy

A GaruPan RP. Now that's something you don't see everyday. I'll be on the lookout for this baby's reboot. That or another entirely seperate GaruPan RP.

A GaruPan RP. Now that's something you don't see everyday. I'll be on the lookout for this baby's reboot. That or another entirely seperate GaruPan RP.

When it comes to making a GuP style RP, you have two routes to go for. Either you have all the characters in one vehicle, each taking a certain role or allowing entire crews to be made in order to allow folk to pilot their own vehicles. I figured that having one person disappear from the RP would be less of a problem when they've got their own tank compared to them being a critical part of a single tank.

Well I'd be willing to try if you start it up again, I just watched the entire show on Netflix last night

Well I'd be willing to try if you start it up again, I just watched the entire show on Netflix last night

Unfortunately I am all tied up with planning something else at this time. That said, i'm happy for folk to use whatever assets are here if they wish to make something of their own ~ though I do ask to be credited out of courtesy.

Ill probably make my own, even though my track record would mean it will probably die before it even starts

Ill probably make my own, even though my track record would mean it will probably die before it even starts

Well, it's quite a niché fandom so I would say in all honesty: don't take it harshly if things don't work out. It can't be helped if it doesn't take off in the way you would've wanted it to. I have always wanted to run a Valkyria Chronicles themed RP but it attracts people outside of the knowledge of the lore.. thus they treat it like another fantasy/WW2 fighting against Not-so-Nazis.. murica'... Freedom against tyranny! etc.. etc..

Maybe I can get lucky

Perhaps you'll have a few people interested in giving it a go, I did too and it was enjoyable to discuss things in the OOC. The problem came with organizing things on a large scale, having several characters for each writer can quickly become a 'who said what to who at what time, where, what, why when' ~ confusing mess. We're talking around 3-5 characters per person.. say that you have 5 writers, you've now got between 15 to 25 characters to manage... good luck with that 😂

Perhaps you'll have a few people interested in giving it a go, I did too and it was enjoyable to discuss things in the OOC. The problem came with organizing things on a large scale, having several characters for each writer can quickly become a 'who said what to who at what time, where, what, why when' ~ confusing mess. We're talking around 3-5 characters per person.. say that you have 5 writers, you've now got between 15 to 25 characters to manage... good luck with that 😂
You shoulda made it to where 1 character per tank, the rest of the tank crew would be worthless NPCs, that would do nothing but crew the tank

You shoulda made it to where 1 character per tank, the rest of the tank crew would be worthless NPCs, that would do nothing but crew the tank

Aye that depends on the level of detail that you're content with, I have a life-long love for armoured vehicles and their engineering so I would love nothing more than to write on how a Sherman Firefly's crew have to close their eyes when firing the main gun as it's back-blast is bright enough to temporarily blind them due to the sheer power of the 17-pounder. I don't enjoy one-liners as it doesn't convey the detail that I enjoy writing and reading ~ each to their own I suppose.

Aye that depends on the level of detail that you're content with, I have a life-long love for armoured vehicles and their engineering so I would love nothing more than to write on how a Sherman Firefly's crew have to close their eyes when firing the main gun as it's back-blast is bright enough to temporarily blind them due to the sheer power of the 17-pounder. I don't enjoy one-liners as it doesn't convey the detail that I enjoy writing and reading ~ each to their own I suppose.

I dont like poeple that try to make other poeple change just to satisfy themselves

I dont like poeple that try to make other poeple change just to satisfy themselves

Well you're under no obligation to partake in whatever RP it is that you're writing for, if you feel like it's outside of your comfort-zone. I dislike one-liner RPs and so I leave that side of things because I wouldn't want to force my writing in a direction that I don't like. If I ask that people provide 'XYZ' amount of paragraphs in their replies it's usually to fulfill a level of detail and direction that I personally prefer to have. ~ If they feel like they don't wish to abide by the guidelines that I have set-up then they're welcome to look elsewhere for partner(s) may better suit their personal style. ~ each to their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back