• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Panspermia (Sci-Fi Zombie Apocalypse)

"I hope that helps" John gets up and takes quite a bit of sacks out of his bag, "Sorry to interrupt but, Jackie would you mind helping me fill these bags with dirt or sand?" He has about 17 sacks so he offers 6 of them to Jackie. "I have a trowel if you'd like to use it." He starts off towards the door.

The boy whirled. "Sure!" he nodded excitedly. "What do we need that for?" he asked, trotting after him and examining the trowel which he now held in his right hand.

"We are going to make sandbags, they were used in the military as Bulletproof and quite strong barricades." John hands the young boy the trowel, "You said your father was in the Army they would use those a lot." He then stands next to a tree with a good patch of dirt around him. "Could you start filling the sacks, I'll keep watch to make sure nothing bad shows up."

"Okay, sure!" the kid saluted genuinely, before crouching down in the dirt and scooping said dirt into the sacks. "That's cool, usually sand and dirt is kind of boring...unless you're building things with it. You know, like sandcastles." His head shot up. "I've never been to the beach. I always wanted to." He readjusted the lip of the sack so it would stay open.

"You know I could tell you a story of a time when I was at a beach, if you'd like?" John makes sure his C02 is working and that his Marker (Paintball Gun) is loaded.

"Yeah!" Jackie grinned, jumping up and almost knocking over his first sandbag, nearly diminishing all his hard work. "Is it a cool story? Were there sharks? Or-or dolpins? Or sharks fighting dolphins?" He shook himself, and waited for a reply.

Melrose' smile faded. "Sweetie...I don't think things will ever be normal again... The world is just to far gone to return to normal....But, things will be better than they are now...Isn't that something?" She gave the child a small smile.

John clears his throat preparing for the long story,

" Well, one day I was in a paintball tournament that was a large section of San Diego, including the beach and most of the city. Me and 3 others decided to team up so we all decided to 'base' at the life guard building. We stayed there for about 5 minutes picking off any other players we saw. In the distance I could see a family that must have not have noticed that this part of the city was sectioned off. I ran over to them and told them the situation. The father was extremely rude and yelled at me 'Get away from here you hippy!' So I walked away and started off towards my 'base' when I heard screams from behind me. It seemed as if one of the family's daughters was drowning. I took off all of my gear and ran into the water to help her. When I got into the water I finally saw the 3 fins. I was in the ocean with sharks! I punched one of the sharks because I'm not going to lie," John now tries not to hold back a snicker," I was totally a tough guy." He comically flexes his muscles, " In the end I saved the girl and the family thanked me. That's how I got that helmet I showed you.

With the story over John went back to making sure nothing bad showed up.

Jackie narrowed his eyes. "Is that reeeeaaally what happened?" he pressed suspiciously, raising an eyebrow. He was on his third bag, almost, which he shoved over to the side where it wouldn't be in the way.

"I guess you caught me, it wasn't just me who saved that girl, it was me and those 3 others I talked about." John smiles towards Jackie realizing how far he has gotten, "Once we are done with all of these bags we'll set them in front of the windows. That way if somebody decides shoots at us they'll stop most of... They'll stop the bullets."

((Goodnight))

Jackie nodded in approval at John's confession, smiling. His smile faded when he heard the words 'somebody shoots at us'. "Who's gonna shoot at us...?! Zombies can't use guns, right?" He paled slightly at the mere thought.

"Oh, just forget I said that," John feels bad that he had to bring that up around the kid, " Hey, Jackie do you think I could call you Jack, you know since we're friends? Also, how would it sound if I let you try out my Marker on one these sandbags once we're done?" John smiles at Jackie hoping that with his child like brain Jackie would forget what he said.

"Um, okay..." he trailed off, still a bit shaken. "I guess so; that's what my dad would call me sometimes, and also sometimes my mom when she was really mad." He chuckled to himself. "Really?" he grinned, thrilled. "That's awesome!"

"Yeah, I'll let you shoot half of a magazine!" John looks around the general vicinity, "I don't see anything so I guess I'll help you. That way we get this done faster." John bends down and starts scooping some dirt into one of the bags.

"Thanks," Jackie grinned sheepshly. "Sorry I'm so slow." He frowned at the dirt as he scooped it, scoop after scoop, into the bag. They were almost done now, and the boy was excited, for obvious reasons..

"There" All of the bags were filled with dirt and bits of rock, "Ready to help me set them up at the windows?" John lifts 2 of the bags, walks over to the entrance of the church, and places them on the inside of the window. "Think you could do that?"

Melrose eyes blurred at the cultures. Her sleep had been troubled. She shook her head and blinked her eyes to clear away the blur. She grabbed her back pack and riffled through it for a bag of trail mix. She had already picked through the chocolate bits, now she had only the nuts and fruits, which was ok, they were better for her anyways. She sat her back pack down again and got the x12 magnifying glass that John had given her. She began analyzing the cultures again, this time she noticed something that made her gasp quietly. The cultures were growing much faster, that she knew, but now it seemed that the cultures were mutating. She wouldn't be able to tell much more without a microscope. But this was something that might be a clue into curing the disease or making a shot of the bacteria.

Thanks to Melrose's research, general zombie research is up to .1%! Get that to 100%, and we'll have a cure.

Lewis head out and decides to go look for a microscope.

He thought he saw one once in a house nearby. He walked for 30 some minutes until he got to the house he suspected. However, when he got there, there were two robotic turrets in front of the house. Police robots.

Ever since the city fell, the police robots have been acting weird. Nobody ever bothered to program them instructions on what to do during a societal collapse. So, they consider nearly everywhere to be a 'crime scene' or a 'quarantine zone'. As such, they set perimiters around areas arbitrarily, and then leave later on. On the plus side, they do a fine job of keeping bandits off the streets.

The two turrets point their guns at Lewis. "This is a crime scene. Move along."

Lewis flashes his badge to them. "I'm a detective. Let me pass."

The turrets scan the badge, and say "Error: Cannot identify badge. The police identification server might be down. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Lewis sighs and starts to head back, empty handed.

"I'm sorry, Melrose, I couldn't find a microscope. I think I really ought to go hunting now, sorry."

It is now 10:00 AM.

"That's fine, I'll go with you. I need to get out anyway. If you'll have me that is?" She said kindly. She got up and put her back pack on and grabbed her pipe. She looked at Lewis with a smile. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail with a band that she had found. "I'm ready to go sir."

Melrose asks to follow him. Lewis says "Sure, why not?" he leads her away, and they start to head out, and start walking east down the broken road past several crumbling, overgrown houses.

About 10 minutes after they leave, a lone zombie starts to wander towards the entrance of our church.

Lewis and Melrose eventually get to an intersection to find a wild, starving coyote.

"That thing looks horrid....What do we do with it?" She held her pipe at the ready. She hadn't hunted since her father had taken her when she was a child. She hadn't gone since.

John notices the boy fell asleep from all of the work. He picks up the child and sets him on a pew in the church. He then grabs the remaining 14 bags and places them around the windows. He hears a noise that is extremely familiar. He looks behind him to see one of those 'Zombies'. He lifts up his rifle, make sure that mag is filled with the expired paint balls, and then fires three times at it's head.

Taking a step back, sol notices a hole in the roof next to the roof he was on currently, it was a grocery outlet, maybe there would be food. He would have to risk it though, it was only a ten foot jump from roof to roof. grabbing his backpack beside him, he stuffed his low supply of food and then grabbed out his boken. Strapping it to his side, he sets up the jump takes five steps back, then he runs... jumps. Gravity does the rest, as it pulls him down, he goes into a huddle position and rolls as he hits the gravel roof. His body is dragged along almost falling into the hole atop the roof, sighing as he comes to a stop. Standing and wiping himself off he looks down the hole, he sighs as he notices two men stumbling around.... there infected.

Jackie jolted upright. The bang from John's rifle had startled him, sending him reeling from his short amount of slumber. He hadn't even noticed he had fallen asleep, in fact, but instead figured John must have carried him into the church. He scrambled up from the pew towards the door, opening in, only to see John and one of the...um...'zombies'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back