• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Panspermia (Sci-Fi Zombie Apocalypse)

It is now 9:00 AM.

Lewis says "We'd need somebody defending the base. It might get attacked while we're out."

He then goes over the checklist a bit and Hms. He then turns to the medic "Say, you have medical skills. Maybe you could try creating some medicine for us? Or maybe going along with a hunting or scavenging party in case they get injured on the way?"

"I can do some medical research. I'm not that handy hunting, I do have some of my own food though that I could add to the mix, I've got about 3 units left. Not much, but it's something. I don't have much water though, only a unit, I do have plenty of medical supplies though." She held out her bag to the Detective. "Where can I set up?"

"I will start setting up immediately!" John ran into the church and starts to arrange the pews into a defensive formation.

She smiled and followed the man into the church. "So how long have you been here sir, if I may inquire?" SHe began setting up the few things she had of medical use.

"Well, I just came here because I heard Lewis's radio broadcast, figuring that it would be best to be with a group I came here." With the barricade set up John sits down and rests.

Melrose nodded. "I didn't know anyone had a radio, I just don't stay in one place very long. So I picked a direction, and went that way, I only avoided the bandits by chance, I ducked in an alleyway when I heard their bikes. I came across you gentlemen by happenstance." She walked about and sat on the floor.

Protagonist said:
Lewis says "Hm. Well, if you were a bandit, you'd be claiming to be lost by now. Or your friends would have showed up to take this place. Yeah, I was the guy with the radio. You can come closer, now. What's your name? I'm Detective Lewis, as I said."
He then turns to Kang. "Same question. You bitten? I don't have the resources to be taking care of any bite victims."
"No, I'm not bitten. Well, not yet at least."

Lewis says "Hm, well you can't hunt with a paintball gun. Well, maybe bird hunting." He thinks about what he should do. Leaving the place to strangers made him uncomfortable, but ultimately, he felt it was necessary.

He said "alright, I'll go look for things while you guard the place. When I come back, would it be alright if we changed positions?"

He looks at the clipboard again and says "Let's see what the clipboard has on the to-do-list..."

He reads it aloud. It says:

1. Find Food

2. Find Water

3. Find hammer

4. Search for Vehicles

5. Search for Ammunition

Melrose mentions research. This peaks Lewis's interest "What kind of research? I can add a microscope on the shopping list, if you like...But I really think you working on medicine would helpful in the meantime."

"I can work on some antibiotics. Would those be helpful? And a microscope would be helpful. Thank you." She got to work studying cultures she had already had. "This colony has grown exponentially..." She muttered to herself.

Jackie followed John into the church, adjusting the baseball cap atop his dark head. "What do we do now?" he asked, holding Ezra tightly to his chest. He glanced around at the newly rearranged pews curiously before turning back to John.

"Well first step, do you need anything to eat, maybe your cat does?" John asks looking at the small boy smiling but it was covered by his mask. "Actually I am pretty hungry."

"I'm quite famished as well, I neglected to eat this morning." Melrose glanced at the three. She busied herself again with her cultures.

"I have a granola bar," he suggested, fumbling through his back pack. From it he produced said granola bar, which he held out to the two adults, beaming. "Ezra doesn't like it." he added, and the kitten at his feet meowed softly.

"Oh thanks!" John chips off a small piece of the bar leaving some for the rest. He then lifts his mask just slightly so he could take a bite of the bar. And in doing so he chows down on the bar, he then puts his mask back to the correct position.

"What are you wearing a mask for?" the kid asked, climbing into a pew with a bit of difficulty, placing his elbows on his knees, with his head resting in his tiny dirty hands.

"I wear this mask because I got it specially made before all of this happened." Wilson takes of the mask revealing his face. He holds it showing the lenses. "These lenses act as sunglasses but they add a wider range of view." He then turns it around showing the inside. "This little cushion here helps keep the sweat out of the way." He then finally turns it to it's side showing a small hole in the side of the mask, "I made this little part myself, it's a hole that allows me to use a Bluetooth device, it was very helpful in tournaments. But I lost the Earpiece so not much of a use now..." John sits done on the pew next to Jackie and sets the mask next to himself. "Now why do you wear that cap?" He points towards the boy's hat.

large.jpg

The kid blushed, ever so gently removing it from his head. "My dad used to be in the army, and after he came back he was my baseball coach's assistant. This is his hat that he would wear at practice. It's a lot better than the hats they'd make us wear, that's for sure!" He smirked, then pulled his hat back on. "I like you without our mask. You look more friendly." He flashed a grin.

Melrose looks at the bar. "You eat first child, Jackie yes? You'll need your strength." She looked back to her cultures. "Hmm, they are growing faster by the minute, I need a microscope soon..." She murmured to herself under her breath. She was coming to realize that the samples she had acquired from past zombies had an amazing regenerative property about them. They grew and colonized more rapidly then she had ever thought possible. If she could get the samples safe enough for humans, She might be able to cure or make an immunization for this damned disease. That would take time...and resources. Most of which she didn't have at this time.

"Thanks for the bar Jackie." John puts his mask in his bag, after hearing what the child said, "Melrose, I know this probably won't help but I have 2 magnifying glasses from an old chemistry set of mine that I always thought were good luck." He starts rummaging through his bag and soon brings out the Magnifying glasses."One of them is x6 and the other is x12." He sets the magnifying glasses down next to Melrose.

"You're welcome!" the boy grinned cheerily, before following the older man to the place where Melrose was. "Whatcha doin?" he asked inquisitively, peering at her with big eyes.

"That would help a bit yes. Thank you." She smiled at the man. Melrose looked to Jackie, "I am examining a colony of bacteria that I collected from a specimen I..Uh...Dispatched of...Would you like to see it? It really is quite amazing!" She answered cheerfully.

"Cool!" Jackie exclaimed, scrambling to get a peek at it, no matter what it was. Typical young boy talking there. He peeked cautiously at the microscope. "So that's like zombie germs?" he asked, quite bluntly.

"Yes, I'm going to see if I can maybe make a cure eventually or just make an immunization of it, you know like we did for the flu." She smiled at the young boy, happy to see a boy interested in science.

"Awesome! So...everything will go back to normal?" He looked up at her expectantly. He was going to say more, but stopped because he wanted to hear her answer. Needed to hear her answer. "Right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back