• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Padisha's Pleasure Garden (OOC)

Characters
Here

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
Jannah Jannah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Hey, so recently I have been thinking of possibly switching our tag from Realistic or Modern to Fantasy. If I do, I'm definitely still going to keep things to a very low end of the fantasy spectrum but I thought it would be cool to add some fantasy elements and mysticism to the game.

Jannah Jannah GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Hey, so recently I have been thinking of possibly switching our tag from Realistic or Modern to Fantasy. If I do, I'm definitely still going to keep things to a very low end of the fantasy spectrum but I thought it would be cool to add some fantasy elements and mysticism to the game.
I think that would be feasible. Assuming we're keeping to the eastern inspired themes, mysticism, particularly of the Zoroastrian and Sufi varieties, was very much a thing. I might play off that somehow myself if we go that route. I like the idea of writing some sort of mystic.

I think that would be feasible. Assuming we're keeping to the eastern inspired themes, mysticism, particularly of the Zoroastrian and Sufi varieties, was very much a thing. I might play off that somehow myself if we go that route. I like the idea of writing some sort of mystic.
Cool, just so long as we stay firmly on the end of low fantasy. Though I must warn you, I am a massive fan of Curses. I adore curses as a great literary device. And not the whole "Woe is me! I have achieved immortality and great powers by becoming a Vampire/Werewolf and I tell my readers that I'm consumed by my bestial and predatory nature, but all I'm shown doing is daintily sipping from the neck of this hot lady or (in the case of Werewolves) engaged in fervent consensual coitus with a hot lady!" But the "I am a dead man, my soul is absent and all that remains is a bloodthirsty monster which delights in murder and cruelty, God has turned his back on me and I can no longer walk the light of day or know the peace of the grave. And the I am cursed to become a monster, at the light of the full moon I transform into a hungry and savage bestial thing, neither man nor wolf but something worse, something far more malicious and cruel." That kind of Curse

I probably won't do too many monsters though. When I curse you guys it will be far more creative.

Cool, just so long as we stay firmly on the end of low fantasy. Though I must warn you, I am a massive fan of Curses. I adore curses as a great literary device. And not the whole "Woe is me! I have achieved immortality and great powers by becoming a Vampire/Werewolf and I tell my readers that I'm consumed by my bestial and predatory nature, but all I'm shown doing is daintily sipping from the neck of this hot lady or (in the case of Werewolves) engaged in fervent consensual coitus with a hot lady!" But the "I am a dead man, my soul is absent and all that remains is a bloodthirsty monster which delights in murder and cruelty, God has turned his back on me and I can no longer walk the light of day or know the peace of the grave. And the I am cursed to become a monster, at the light of the full moon I transform into a hungry and savage bestial thing, neither man nor wolf but something worse, something far more malicious and cruel." That kind of Curse
That is fine. I don't want high fantasy for this anyway. Admittedly I'm not super into high fantasy.

sounds good to me! btw, what age range is our characters supposed to be?
Well they can be any age below 21 (when they are given back in exchange for a different hostage) but I'd shoot for teenagers. You can decide when they entered into the palace but it usually happens before they are 9 so they can better be indoctrinated educated in the fine ways of Imperial culture and customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back