• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overwatch- A New Age(Rp)

The crowd that had hesitated from participating in the congregation of miscellaneous personalities had slowly but surely thinned out, leaving him and just a few others. From what he had gathered, most were fresh recruits. Rycerz and Sampson were familiar with the household names of the heroes, but Masquerade just gave off that air of hidden knowledge that Jonah had been all too familiar with in his time as one of the many tech apprentices in Overwatch. Jonah himself wasn't a big deal compared to the heroes on the frontlines, and he knew it. He had only gone through a single month of training before the fall. It was just bad luck and more bad luck. Hopefully rebooting Overwatch wasn't a sign of withheld misfortune for his future. "Umm... I could possibly handle that purchase for you, Blue", he doubted he looked or sounded convincing enough, though. He still looked like he was seventeen, and his voice was too soft. He almost felt embarrassed with his track pants and hoodie and his drone remote that looked like a cheap smartwatch. The difference was so striking, he almost laughed at himself. He should have designed some armor when he had the chance.

Blue turned, seeing a smaller man with bright blue hair and eyes. The guy... Didn't seem that much older than him? In fact he looked younger. Like he was about sixteen or something. But he was cute, and a cute guy offering to buy Blue drinks didn't happen very often.
"Sure thing pretty boy," Blue said with a shrug, "Though by the looks of you I think you should have the nickname Blue instead of me, eh?" He chuckled.
He was glad someone else showed up looking casual though. Blue was dressed in a black hoodie with neon blue stripes down the arms and ripped black jeans. He couldn't afford any armor and he certainly wouldn't trust himself to make one.
"So what's your name?" Blue asked.

Surprised by Blue's forwardness, he simply replied "V". The entirety of the group (with the possible exception of Sampson) was obviously withholding their real names, so he followed suit, giving his trainee name since he hadn't had the chance to think up a proper alias. "I was a recruit in training before Overwatch collapsed". He really hadn't had the chance to get close to any of the other recruits or the main heroes, so he was more distraught by their disappearance than emotionally scarred. Not like Rycerz had been from the Omnic Wars. "I don't really mean to intrude on anything, but I think it's best we stay together as a group. I don't think the new Gov will take too kindly to any group planning a rebellion, and we aren't a cohesive enough group to go on attack quite yet. Not until we get these medals." He smiled "then I'll treat all of us to a few drinks. Heaven knows we've dealt with enough stress not being caught getting here."

Orion (A massive OR14 from the Omnic Wars) loomed from the shadows and extended his hand. "I am doing that thing that you humans call greeting someone." He said to V. Orion tried not to appear threatening. However it's almost impossible to do so when you're and OR14. "What is your name?" Orion asked V.

"People leave you alone when you carry a spear the same size as you. It's sort of hard to hide." She said to V, looking the newcomer up and down. He certainly seemed more... Casual, than the rest of them. She sighed heavily, perhaps it was a mistake to give an alias, there would be no trust in that. "Perhaps we all got off on the wrong foot, here... Save for Sampson. While yes, these Alias' protect our families, and ourselves from harm that we may bring on each other, but if we can't truly know each other, we are far from being a good team." She said, brushing some hair away from her face. "Perhaps I'll start then, if everyone is ok with this plan." She said, looking to the group.

Blue couldn't help the smile that came to his face watching the omnic interacting with people. It was unintentionally adorable.
Which was probably a weird thing to call a huge machine that could literally crush you in seconds, but ah well.
"I got no problem sharing my name," Blue said to Rycerz. "I trust you guys not to do anything dodgy to me or my family."

Orion Slung his gun arm over his shoulder and said, "I'm ready to blow some shite up!! So when do we start?" The gun arm contracted then extended making a priming sound as it did so. "So What's the mission? If there is one soon."

V had already been used to the linear attitude of most Omnics, since they had been used and deployed by Overwatch before. He vividly remembered having to help make repairs to Bastion on multiple occasions. That being said, he was quite embarrassed to admit to himself that he had been spooked by Orion's sudden appearance, given that he had previously been right outside the doorway Sampson had kicked in. Out of the corner of his eye, the large, looming figure bursting out from the shadows the door created easily frightened him. It was a relief, then, to see the familiar, blocky body-shape of most Omnics. Orion asked his name then proceeded to ask about the mission, appearing quite restless amongst the mostly anxious and serious tone of the rest of the group (with the obvious exception of Kimiko). That said, he knew the Omnic would still hear him when he replied "I'm V". It was then he heard Rycerz offer, and decided to put his two cents into the conversation, "I agree. Knowing each other's real names is an easy way to build trust. I'm okay with it". Upon hearing Blue join the conversation, he nodded toward him, signaling his support of the idea.

Blue tilted his baseball cap up to get a better view of everyone. "Alright, well I'm Robert Marsh. No-one's ever called me Robert though, I'm Bobbie to most people."
He made a small gesture with his hands as though to say; "Yes, my name is really that dull."
"I don't really mind whether you call me Blue or Robert or Bobbie, just chuck something at my head and I'll know you're talking to me."

"Nice to meet you V. Same to you Robert." Orion said. He clanked over to the table and sat in front of it on the floor. "So. When is the mission going to be?" He seemed impatient. Very impatient in fact.

(I'm actually curious... When is the first mission??)

( Peach Tea Peach Tea will probably let us know when. Probably waiting on a few people to reply.)

"My name's actually Jonah Robertson. I'll respond to both Jonah and V. Take your pick", V replied. He turned towards Sampson, Kimiko, Rycerz, and Lightning Bug expectantly. "What about you guys?"

"Sanitariusz Wojskowy(Combat Medic) Ashlyn Winter. If I sound a bit familiar, I wouldn't be surprised, but then again they never spoke much of us, if at all over here." She said, giving a half salute to the group. "Pleasure to make the aquaintance of everyone here." She added.

Sampson looked around a little shocked. "Uhh. Sampson. My family's all in space, and to be honest I don't think they ever liked me that much anyway. Sampson's the name. Sam for short. So you fancy yourself a mechanic" said Sampson. Looking Jonah up, and down. "Have you built anything cool".

So, names. She was still a little wary- shed been the one to start aliases in the first place, and she still hadn't completely been convinced she was wrong to do so. But no one had made a move to harm her yet, and if she was going to ask them to tell her about their problems, well . . . it might be a good idea. "I'm Lucia Iliana Ocasio Videl. Nice to meet you guys too."

Masquerade stared up at the Rycerz. Apparently, she wants everybody to introduce their real names. How utterly foolish. Aliases exist to protect their identities, and she's just throwing out the window? Dangerously reckless, and Masquerade liked it. Everyone began introducing their own names, until it came to his turn. Again, reckless, but nothing said leaves this room anyways, right? "Well. My turn now, if you'll excuse me." Masquerade said, before finally introducing himself properly. "Jonathan Eldretch Blackmire. I'm the serial killer from several decades ago everybody gave the most original name of 'Jack The Ripper.' Former Overwatch operative, all records and official documents were destroyed. My whole family's probably dead so don't even try." He said, dipping his hat like he didn't care. He had just casually spouted out that his whole family's dead like as if he was proud of it. Heck, some might even think he killed his own family...

Bobbie's jaw dropped. "You're... a fucking serial killer?"
He couldn't believe the division would even allow someone like that into their fold. And the way he talked about his family... Blue's memories were still hazy, but he could remember his own parents funeral, how he didn't even have the energy to cry anymore and could only just hold on to his sisters and brother. That was until he saw their coffins being lowered into the grave and then something snapped inside him, the finality of it probably. The realization that he was never going to see his mum or his dad ever again.
And then when he lost his arm. Bobbie gripped his cyborg arm as a shudder ran through him. He could only remember lying in a pool of his own blood, staring at the destroyed stump of his arm and thinking that he was never going to see his sisters and brother again. And it terrified him. The first thing he asked for when he woke up in hospital several hours later was if he could see his siblings.
But this guy... He didn't even care. What the fuck had to happen to you to make you this way? To give you such a blatant disregard for human life, even if it was your own family?

Jonah was about to answer Sampson, when his ears caught wind of the knowledge bomb Masquerade just dumped on everyone. Like a rather deadly human wave, he saw almost everyone instinctively reach for their weapons. Jonah was about to call upon a drone himself until his brain finished processing all the new information he was just given. This man had probably been through more than just your typical childhood trauma to end up like this. He didn't really seem to care about anything more than what he was ordered to do... Blackwatch... It suddenly occurred to Jonah just why Overwatch would have searched for a man like this. Honestly, it made Jonah worry more about the true intentions of Overwatch than Jonathan's. If Overwatch ordered Masquerade to kill everyone in the room, Jonah was pretty sure none of them were armed well enough to defend against the corrosive bullets he used. It'd be unwise to fight unprepared, and distrust in the group would get everyone killed if circumstances were unfavorable. Jonah decided to take this new information with a grain of salt, knowing there was more to Jonathan's story he could carefully probe for later. He scoured his mind for an appropriate response. "Do you still get orders?" he asked, directing his statement at Jonathan.

Masquerade kicked back on his chair, as his eyes gazed down at Jonah. He seemed a little worried. Well, what did he expect? Masquerade had just dropped the fact that he was a serial killer on everyone in the room. Welp, now they'd all be worried he'd turn around and put corrosive bullets into them. "Nope." He simply answered.

Ashlyn offered a grin, than a slight chuckle. "I thought something was off about you." She said, obviously not sharing their concern. She could protect herself well enough against corrosive rounds. "He wouldn't be here of he planned on just killing people, and if that was the case, this is the last place he'd go. So sense up, he ain't Killin nobody..." She remarked.

Lucia swallowed. Ashlyn looked unperturbed, but she wasn't so certain. That gun . . . it was nothing like she'd ever seen before. She hadn't had the chance to analyze it too deeply, but just from her quick glance, those rounds looked deadly, on a scale she'd never had experienced with. Lucia wasn't sure she could fix that, and the massive threat Masquerade meant she had to be able whatever damage his weapons could do. If she couldn't, and he turned on them, they'd be helpless. And soon after, dead. No, he wouldn't be here if all he wanted to do was kill people. But it looked this guy had no morals, and cared about nothing. She couldn't what he was fighting for or why he was fighting. If they got boring- if the enemy team seemed more fun- if he changed his mind- she had to know she could fix the damage.

"Alright," she said, stepping up to Masquerade and meeting his eyes. "I don't trust you with my life, and I don't trust you with the lives of this team. So I've got an idea. Shoot me." Lucia put her arms by her side, exposing her torso, a challenge. "Point-blank range. I'm one of the youngest and the weakest here. This represents the most damage you can do. If I can heal it, then I'll know I can heal anything you do to this team. If I can't, then I die, and you get kicked off the team." Hopefully, she thought. That last bit was counting on everyone else, but hopefully if they saw the damage his gun could do they'd realize he was too dangerous to keep. "Either way, I'll know we're safe."

There was a pause. The world hung, balanced on a knife's edge, and Lucia stood, frozen. Fear trembled through her veins, into her bones, in her skin, but she did move and she did not drop her gaze.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Shoot me."

((Just a note: this is a plot hook to get something cool happening while we wait for the mission to start. If you guys don't like it or would rather not do this, just say so and I'll delete it!))

Ashlyn widened her eyes. "Dziewczyna(Girl), that isn't a smart choice!" She got up to do something, but couldn't bring herself to fully move. This was her choice, and if Lucia can't hold her own... Then maybe she isn't meant to be here. "Cholera(Damnit)... Jestem tutaj jeśli mnie potrzebujesz(I'm right here if you need me)" Was all she said, worried but not moving to intervene.

The girl that was named Lucia, the same little girl who had gotten mad at Masquerade for using corrosive rounds, suddenly stood up and ordered the man to shoot her. Even Masquerade remained speechless for several seconds, stunned. Which idiot would ASK to be shot with corrosive rounds? After several seconds, Masquerade broke out in hysterical laughter. His little fit lasted for almost a minute, before he calmed down and his eyes visibly narrowed underneath the mask.

“Listen girl, I’ve been murdering people for a while. Never once had I seen a person who WANTS a bullet put in them, let alone a corrosive bullet.” He told her, pulling out the pistol again. “Thirty rounds per second,” he warned Lucia. “Corrosion takes effect within ten seconds of flesh contact. Initial bullet causes an unbearable burning sensation as well as the pain of being shot. You’ll be sprawling in pain, practically giving me that 10 second window for corrosion to take effect for free. Corrosion damage becomes irreversible after twenty minutes of the substance in you, and by then your lifespan will be around ten hours. Each extra round fired into you decreases expiration date by approximately half. In fact, firing more bullets into you to shorten the time would be a mercy, considering waiting ten hours as your insides melt does not sound very fun. Are you sure you wish to do this?” He continued, all the while checking the clip left in the gun. Thirty-two rounds left, he had fired twenty eight in total at some... aggressors from a few days ago. Talon still probably hasn’t given up on recruiting or killing him. “Seriously, if you’re worried, just ask for my ammunition to study...” he advised. “Anyways, if you’re seriously DYING to get shot, you only need to give the word.” He informed Lucia, even throwing in a pun in the process.

Last edited:
"Your puns," she said, trying to ignore the way her breath shuddered on the way out, "are awful."

It was a weird thing to notice, but if she'd thought to hard about exactly what she was doing, she'd back out. She'd run, and she could not run. Blue, Kimiko, Jonah, everyone here- their lives might depend on it. She just had to focus. She was an EMT- she'd done her training, she'd do her job. Ten hours until death? Twenty minutes until irreparable damage? An oxygen-deprived brain began to die after just four. This would be easy (if she ignored the fact that it was poison, not just someone drowning or choking, and the fact that she'd be in unimaginable amounts of pain, and the fact that if her nanobots didn't work on the poison she'd be dead). It was now or never.

Ay dios, she was terrified.

"I'm certain. Go ahead."

Masquerade gave one more sadistic chuckle before flipping a switch near the side of his gun to remove the safety lock, and then flipped another dial on the other side, presumably to switch the firing mode. "Honestly, I could just tell you the chemical compound for the substance, instead of you getting a dose of it in your body." He said, a wide grin under his mask. Though everyone else wouldn't be able to see his grin, he sure found this interesting. If this girl manages to actually avoid dying of pain, Masquerade would be impressed. Well, he's already been surprised several times already, what's not to say a little girl can't survive the most inhumane bullet shot out of a gun? "Well, if you want a last meal before you die a most agonising death, better say it out now. I'd be more than happy to go out and get whatever it is. Well, as long as you still have the appetite after experiencing the most painful moment of your life. Literally."

Aiming his pistol at her, Masquerade began the countdown. "Five..." He began counting agonisingly slow. "Four... Three... Two... One..." As he reached one, he suddenly repositioned his gun and fired. Yet, Lucia was not rained upon by a hail of bullets, and rather, the gun let out one ear-piercing 'bang' before falling silent again. Masquerade had fired a single bullet into Lucia's right leg. "You know, apparently, there's this estimated threshold of pain a person can withstand before literally dying of shock. I'd imagine the pain you're feeling right now is pretty close to that. Now if you survive this, I'd strongly advise against asking for another bullet." Masquerade chuckled, before once again returning to his chair, making a lazy stretch before leaning back and lounging on the chair, watching what events would unfold next. "Heh, Overwatch is probably gonna kill me after this." He laughed jokingly.

Last edited:
Sampson looked a little nervous. Just because they got do-overs didn't mean they should waste lives. "What is this supposed to accomplish exactly" he said. Crossing his arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back