Overview & Main Roleplay

Lance's shoulders went very tense at the mention of Alethea. He felt a second, more powerful wave of nausea as an irrational fear raced down his spine and into the pit of his stomach. When he recovered, it was in time to witness Alamar's amazing spell. He nodded quietly in respect for the man, but the next words spoken had him on guard again; he missed it when Lenelia cast a second, more effective spell.

"The bridge to Alethea?" The cat was involved.. it had tried to bring Cecile somewhere mostly unharmed..

"You were going to sacrifice the Rose princess, weren't you?" he snarled turning to gaze at the smoke in the distance. As long as they kept Cecile away from the demons, maybe they would be fine. He looked back at the group.

"Alright. We've got two options still, just slightly different. We take off now but risk capture later; or we attack the demons behind the skull but risk dying or being captured now. The former only delays the inevitable, most likely, but based on their previous actions the demons won't hesitate to slaughter all of us. It's up to the group." He glared down at the cat. "Personally, I'm feeling rather inspired to attack something right now." The attempt to organize was again interrupted by an outburst, this time from an incredibly angry Lanister, who grabbed the cat with fiery hands.

"Hey, watch it! This thing is our only lead towards who's heading this ritual, and you just about caught me in your spell!"

///

Maeve's hand clenched and unclenched around the hilt of her sword, eyes flicking across the faint shapes of demons and the Radiant Guard, and back to the shoreline, alert and wary. As Natha stepped off of the boat, Maeve moved to follow, until she caught sight of the brand of fire magic he was weaving. The woman froze, half out of awe and half out of the possibility of being caught by the flame herself. Natha was felling demons left and right; the sight was both inspiring and terrifying.

A few demons managed to slip past Natha's guard, and Maeve reveled in the power and speed of her new weapon as she dashed about, taking out what demons she could and trusting their other companions to take out the rest; maybe Louise could use her bow to lighten the load of demons coming down on Natha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klaus merely gave a salute to Yaro. He would take care of the rest. Although he was only supposed to take care of Prudence and Alfio, he still felt compelled to give his two silver about their destination. He stepped close, whispering.

"Based on what I have read about Klydebern we shouldn't expect this to be an easy graverobbing. He didn't want anyone obtaining his sword but his heir. Expect traps.. perhaps constructs, too." 

@Enuky

. . .

Aizen nodded as Yoren revealed himself to be relatively fine. He would remain quiet as the monarchs discussed a plan. What ever it was, Aizen would have no problem carrying it out. He was curious about these newcomers.. judging by the jnteractions between them, Aizen determined Lenelia and Alamar to be not unlike squabbling siblings; always trying to one-up each other. Meanwhile the Golem behind them.. seemed more like an exhausted parent; knowledgeable, but burnt out emotion. Quite a curious trio...

Lenelia shrugged, putting his lute away as he looked upon the bakeneko. Their only lead? Dusting off his tunic, Lenelis stepped forward, now at eye level with the demon cat.

"Take us to your base of operations." blunt, and to the point. "You won't like the alternative: I'm gonna talk you to death if you don't."  Lenelia's tone was dead serious.. it may have been a strange threat, but someone like Lenelia could actually talk to kill.

@Enuky

@Inheritance

@Trombone Geek

@Andraus

@transcendantviewer

@Dalamus Ulom

Alamar Majere 

"Don't let demons breed. They'll keep summoning and summoning. We need to crush them now." Then with a grin,  added "Any who dare mess with the Rose Princess shall have their soul torn in half. I'll place grubworms in their eyes! I'll turn their spine into a snake! None shall even consider harming any of the Rose Royalty." He gave Lanister a sharp look after this,  one that seemed to threaten,  seemed to say "don't let your guard down"... He didn't like this bard, and believed the Bard would need to go. "ALSO, may it be noted that this worm is no longer of use. If we destroy it's physical body it will just be sent back to the Hells. I recommend we bind it to something...an outhouse or so. Foul creatures deserve foul fates, would you not all agree?" He ignored the insult the golem made,  though he certainly would keep note. Maybe he'd kill him when he was flying later. Who knows. He was not one for forgiving.  @Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete @Dalamus Ulom @Andraus @Enuky

"You must be fun at parties. But I think this tiny thing might be of use." Dreadnought interjects, lifting a hand in a passive gesture. "Weaker demons always gravitate to those with power. Lenelia, see if you can get some information out of it. At the very least, we get a new pet."

Falamar had been contemplating the offer for the last minute or so from the king. If he accepted, he would more than likely have no time to sell his cargo, but if he didn't, then he'd lose a chance at a very profitable venture.

In the back of his mind, he would make note of what the queen said. Tombs were often places of ill omen, often times haunted or magically protected. He had also heard that the ancient Yunakai used goloms and the like to protect the resting places of the dead from looters, whilst the Stygians across the southern sea used the dead themselves to protect their resting places, summoning them up using foul magics.

Before he could respond, however, teo people, a woman who gave off the aura of a beast and a rather dim looking fellow would enter the room, distracting King Yaro. Falamar would not be able to here much of the conversation, but what he did here was very useful. Apparently, the dim witted man was none other than Oromis Silverspire, the newest, and possibly the worst, king of Yunakai. The King of North Yunakai, meeting with Yaro, king of the rebel south. Falamar knew of no less than fifty men who would kill for this information.

Not only that, but they had also been the leaders of the Yunakai raid on Guitara. Falamar had personally known many of the men from that Lanun colony who died that day. Even Horen Long-Neck had met his end there. Falamar knew of no less than a hundred men who'd kill for that information. This was shaping up to be one of the most profitable ventures in his career.

Upon the King telling Prudence to finish the deal, Falamar would turn back to the queen, brandishing his cheshire grin. "Milady, it isn't the tomb I have a problem with. You see, I am currently carrying a large cargo of exotic goods in my hold, from Stygia. Ivory, lion pelts, ebony wood, and plenty of gold. These things would weigh us down, and possibly make the trip longer than it would need to."

Stygia was a desert country on a landmass across the Southern Sea, and has recently become known for being a center of black magics, human sacrifice, and demon worship. It was also known that they almost never traded with outsiders.

"Then there are also a few important supplies that can be obtained here at some of the best prices in all the world. Namely, citrus fruits, magical preservatives, and gunpowder.  Lots of gunpowder. Otherwise, the only supplies we would need are food, water, and a smidgen of wood, to replace some of the hull we lost recently," Falamar would finish, flashing yet another smile her way.

The pole would pierce directly through the demons left eye, killing it almost instantly. As Feris would land onto the ground by the demon's carcass, a sound almost like gigantic, rasping breathes would echo out of the hidden passage and send a wave a dust up from the darkness, at the same moment she would feel the prescence of the Silver Lord. Interestingly, she would not feel the prescence of Quezor down in that dark passage, but the rush of pure, untamed mana that would seemingly revitalize her, healing any scrapes on her body and removing any weariness in her form.

Outside of Traghad, dozens of demons would flee from the mere hint of the Grave Walker, all of them screaming the various titles of that man as they would attempt to escape, only to fall upon the pike of the Radiant Guard, and any who would attempt to battle the Silver Lord would simply be burned to a crisp by the liqued fire, or be slain by Maeve and Louise, with Edward staying back so as to not accidentally rush into Natha's magic

For Edward, in the pitch that was his sight, he would be able to see Natha, shining like the purest silver. "By the gods. . ." the old night would mutter under his breath. "This is the power of the Alethenians? Amazing." Louise would say out loud, firing an arrow into another demons forehead.

Finally, as they would come to the gates of Traghad, a large contingent of those golden golems would surround them, keeping far enough back as to not be melted by the power of Natha. Then, suprisingly, they would bow to him. After a few moments, one, his helmet bearing a single blue feather in a crook on it's helmet, would raise it's head, the front of it's helmet sliding back to reveal it's soft golden features, and would speak with a soft, echoing voice.

"My lord, please aid us in the protection of our king's resting place," It would plead. It's face was sculpted to be that of an extremely handsome man. The golden spheres of it's eyes, the only thing he could move on his face, would look up at the Silver Lord in an almost sorrowful manner, and all the other Radiant Guard would seem to exude and air of depression.

@Enuky @Trombone Geek @Inheritance @Andraus @DemetrioMachete

It was just after Lenelia lowered his lute did Alamar suddenly step up. He performed a much grander spell that seemed to mesmerize the princess as she watched her scars magically disappear. As promised, the spellcaster delivered immediate results. Cecile didn't interpret the behavior at all as Lenelia had, deciding in her mind that it demonstrated Alamar's commitment to the Rose family. She was easily being led into Alamar's flattery; she was too gullible to question his motives. In the Rose Kingdom the girl was accustomed to being placed on a high pedestal and adored by many in similar ways. The difference was that in the Rose Kingdom the treatment was genuine, but it left Cecile unable to distinguish true respect from potential ulterior motives. Before she could bestow him with her graces, all attention went to the cat who began cackling and speaking. The girl neared the circle of beings standing around the cat, peering from behind Alamar and Lenelia to catch a glimpse of it. She was carrying the same curious expression she'd had for the golem, but said nothing as the men began responding with the cat. 

The injured cat could only glower at the golem's harsh criticism, knowing he couldn't face a predator such as he. However, when Lenelia began calling him "kitty", he released a long hiss. He wasn't very frightened of any humanoid creature. He could eat any one of them, he reflected, wishing he was free. As he observed the group of powerful men around him, he regretted getting into this mess. Suddenly he was snatched up by head, and this caused the creature to squirm and cry out in pain from Lanister's fire spell. However, the bakeneko was well known for it's thick coat of fire resistant fur. The fire wouldn't burn his fur away, but it still brought him great pain. He continued to struggle desperately until the Lance fellow spoke out. Then in a final effort of desperation the end of the cat's own tail burst into flame and he swatted it at Lanister before finally being dropped to the ground. He breathed in pain, and didn't get up. He could hear the spell caster suggesting they tie him up and leave him, and hoped this would happen. He could escape a "binding", he thought. Then the large golem destroyed his hopes, and the cat's body tensed up at the thought of becoming a pet. Perhaps he was contemplating trying to run. He was wondering what his horrible fate would be when Lenelia began to speak to him again, demanding that he reveal his leader to him.

The cat began to slowly cackle again, coughing also in pain as he slowly raised his body to an upright sitting position. His body was slouched and his head was hanging, but a bakeneko never lost its courage, even in a dismal situation such as this. He figured they would kill him in the end regardless. 

His yellow eyes sparkled at Lenelia, "I can take you there myself. Follow me". He jumped up to his feet and started off away from the circle. He was visibly hurting, but it seemed to give him the spark of energy he needed. He was relieved, hoping that now he would get them to the circle. He sat and turned to face them, waiting for them to follow. 

It seemed then that all were in agreement, and facing the demons sooner rather than later would be their course of action. Cecile looked to Lance and Lanister, wondering if they would actually follow the creature or not. 

. . .

Prudence glared at Oromis who entered the manor, surprising her. Now she examined him from the ground up, and suddenly her mind was racing. Who was this man? Where was her baby? Were there more? Her irrational motherhood fears took over, and Prudence was eager to see her newborn son. He was sleeping safely in his cradle, but she couldn't help her worrying now that a stranger had entered. She was unhappy when Yaro dismissed she, Klaus, and Falamar. She wanted to learn more about this potential threat to her child, and hadn't she already complained about wishing to not be busied with such affairs?

She sighed and looked to Klaus and Falamar. Uninterested in anything they had to say, and a hint of her usual annoyance returned to her voice. Klaus whispered to her about the trip, suggesting it would be more trouble than she'd hoped. Great.

"I have to see Alfio", she pouted, not acknowledging any of Falamar's other statements. They were complaints to her. The moody queen to be marched from the room, expecting Falamar and Klaus to follow her to her bedroom as Yaro and Oromis entered the war room for their own private meeting. 

@Inheritance @Andraus @transcendantviewer @Dalamus Ulom @DemetrioMachete @Trombone Geek

Lenelia could only smirk as the Bakeneko hissed at his pet name. Aw, did the little gremlin have a trigger? He was prompted to call the Bakeneko a kitty again until Lanister began to burn it up.. other than pain though, it didn't seem to do much. 

The Bard smirked yet again as the Bakeneko offered to lead them to it. Deciding to take charge, he readied his lute in one hand, gesturing to Dreadnought with the other.

"Dreadnought, take point." he suggested as he began to follow the cat. It made the most sense in his mind.. Dread was by far the most durable looking one of the bunch, and if they dared suffer him an injury, Lenelia knew the golem could make them regret it. He'd follow behind Dread, ready to strengthen his capabilities into the Stratosphere if need be.

Aizen's eyebrow quirked as the situation seemed to move along. It seemed as though these miscreants were following them, now. At least the Golem looked remotely competent.. between it, the girly looking musician and the frail and grey wizard; though Aizen knew not Alamar's appearance betrayed his age. For now, he'd pay careful attention to the Bakeneko, following behind Lenelia at a distance.

@Enuky

@Inheritance

@Trombone Geek

@Andraus

@transcendantviewer

@Dalamus Ulom

Natha would exude a sigh as the last of the demons on the outskirts where they were at fled. Slowly lowering his arms, Natha would take a breath, to steady himself. It had been a long time since he had used so much power in a single strike. Honestly though, his muscles felt....better. He loved giving his all, despite the circumstances, and putting his effort into dealing with so many demons gave him a feeling that was akin to stress relief. When the Golems began to surround them, Natha stayed perfectly still, recognizing them as not a threat. When the one Golem knelt, Natha would kneel next to him.

"I promise you, on my honor as the Prince of Alethea, the Demonic scourge shall be purged from your halls." He said. He knew he just admitted to both Maeve and the duo Edward and Louise who he was, but that didn't matter to him now. He would then stand, before drawing his sword, and walking forward. Nearby was a slave camp, where those that had been captured to toil on the fort (namely soldiers of Yunakai's armies) would be in cages. Natha would draw his sword, and cut the cages, watching the now-freed people open the cages, and step out. Natha would then speak up.

"People of Yunakai! These halls are tainted with the spawn of hell itself! Beneath this city lies a cancer known as 'Quezor'. A malignant growth, that needs to be cut, before it has a chance to spread. Will you let this fate that has befallen you be brought to your families and people, or will you fight with me, and purge these once great halls?!" Natha said. Though both armies came from opposing sides in the war, the soldiers present would just begin arming themselves with whatever they could scrounge up- Hunting spears, pickaxes, shovels, bows. Makeshift weapons or hunting tools that would let them fight.

"Hmm... This won't be enough to take back Traghad, the prisoners are likely deprived of many basic needs to function clearly." He thought to himself, before suddenly gasping, and holding up his hand. The silvers flames would glow, illuminating his eye, with him closing his fist.

Natha would approach a few of the remaining demons, signalling for the Radiant Guard and his own party....to stand back. Approaching.a Raid Survivor, a member of the Javic clan guards.

The demon would look up at Natha before letting out a wheezing laugh. "Your time is over, Alethean. The Lord of Blood shall sacrifice you, to release our Infernal King!"

Natha would approach him before reaching his hand out. He would then close his fingers, as Silver flame would shoot towards him, engulfing the demon. However, instead of killing the demon, they'd watch the flames....sink into the demons skin. The light would leave the demons eyes, as well as it's will. This was something that the Alethean's once did to aid them in attacks against the demonic forces- Use their own best soldiers against them. Taking his hand away, Natha would speak in a voice befitting of Royalty, not sounding dissimilar to Kuvira. "Natha le calad arphígad (You shall have light undiminished) " He recited to the demon.

The demon would bow to Natha, now 'purified'. Natha would then look at his hand, closing his fist. He would then mumble to himself. "This power....with it, I can rebuild an army, and retake my throne...." He said, before looking towards the others. Signalling for the Raid demon to follow, he would speak up. "Lets move. If you can, immobilize the demons, but don't kill them. I can use them." He said, before walking towards the main gate of Traghad.

Yaro would lead Oromis through the war room, before stopping at a spot near the ocean, on the balcony. Indicating for a servant, one would fetch a chair for Oromis, along with bringing fresh water and slices of bread. Yaro would sit down in the chair opposite to him, and pour himself and Oromis some water. Taking his own cup, Yaro would take a drink, before looking towards the Ocean. "Gods, it is good to see you again, Lord Oromis...I know you likely will not believe me, I know you're not the one to drop your guard easily, but that is just what I respect about you....You are true soldier, through and through." He said, before speaking up. "I won't lie to you Oromis.....I need your help. We need to end this war, before it escalates any further. I fear we already have much larger concerns on the horizon." Yaro said forebodingly.

"While we squander among ourselves, the Rose Kingdom grows in strength. It is under weak leadership however.....Oromis, tell me something- You know of the greatness of our people. We are mages of unmatched talent, we harness the power of the dragons, and when called upon it, we are a fearsome ally or terrifying foe.....we stand at the precipice of a new age, one where our Kingdom could stand at the top.....But with weak, ineffectual leaders like the Merchant Lords of Bathelon, or the pathetic excuse of a king in the Rose Kingdom, the others would fall behind, or unite to take what we work for...." Yaro said, before speaking up.

"Bathelon still mourns the loss of it's king.....and the Rose Kingdom is still vulnerable....What if, instead of fighting eachother.....We take the initiative? Take both Kingdoms for ourselves?" He said. Yaro would just shake his head. "If I know you at all, you hate politics. You prefer living comfortably, or fighting on the field, like any soldier would....which is why I want you at my side. I can handle the politics and the bullshit, I'll even be a meat-shield for asassination.....but Oromis? I want you as my right hand. I need a general, someone that knows what they're doing." He said, before setting the cup down, and standing.

"We can continue fighting eachother, of course....You may not be the most popular, but the Royal Army is still a highly trained military force.....My soldiers are spirited, and loyal to me, but they lack the proper discipline to be more than a militia. Where I have numbers, you have training. We'd tear eachother to pieces before this war is over." Yaro said, leaning against the balcony. Yaro was pragmatic, he knew Oromis was just as strong, if not stronger, than he was. If they fought one on one, it would be up in the air about who would win.

"Fight with me, Oromis, I beg of you. My people need a warrior like you leading them on the field of battle.....Let us take our kingdom, and usher it into a new age! The Kingdom of Dragons will be no more....No..." Yaro would look up, and give him a smile that spoke of excitement.

"We shall be reforged into an Empire."

@Enuky (For Lanister, just have him follow for now. I really don't know what to say for him.)

@Dalamus Ulom

@DemetrioMachete

@Trombone Geek

@transcendantviewer

@Inheritance

Last edited:
Maeve freed a few slaves herself, following Natha's lead, and watched as he pledged his aid to the Radiant Guard. Despite his own worries and regrets, he seemed to be a fairly selfless man. She stared, in awe for the millionth time that day, as Natha's fist was engulfed in a silver fire; Kalamitat's squirmed mentally, even though it wasn't meant for her, but for one of the remaining demons. Natha purged the will from its body with the fire, and Maeve was, admittedly, impressed. That would be a very useful tactic, indeed.

:Oruuman Javic. I knew him, he was a bit cocky and didn't know when to give up, but he was a good soldier for sure, loyal too,: was Kalamitat's  input. Maeve tried to ignore the unease at the thought that these demons, these evil, horrid beings, actually seemed to care for one another at times; she failed, for the most part. 

A sudden, quiet sound--not unlike an extremely distant explosion--and the demon was falling, a hole in its head. Maeve frowned, whirling and looking around for the source; a demon not too far off rose from where it had been hidden. Kalamitat seemed to jump with excitement.

:Oh, that one is here! Your party is in for quite a challenge if the Ishikawas survived along with the Mazokus,: but the trapped demon refused to say anything else about the demon.

///

Ferris grinned triumphantly, wiping the blood on her hands off onto her pants and adjusting her clothing to look less like she'd been fighting and more like she'd tripped over a stair and, well, there was no logical way to explain the blood but hey, almost there! Except there was more blood and no, things weren't getting fuzzy, but damn it hurt to put pressure on that leg--

Oh. So, Quezor was open to negotiate, then? "Thank you, Lord Quezor," she murmured, looking down the revealed passage while she waited for the magic to finish healing her wounds. "If you're actually able to hear me, I would like to let you know that Chalondra Mazoku is quite willing to recruit you for our efforts to rekindle the Demon Raids and free our brethren in Alethea. If you could find your way to the city Amberjack, I'm sure you would find her there--or she might find you." She cast a glance in the direction of the almost overwhelming presence of the Silver Lord. "I've been waiting for a battle like this for absolute centuries, but there's no guarantee of me coming out alive.. So please, avoid him and make your way to Amberjack, posthaste." Her tone was steady, polite, and her wording was that of someone addressing a higher-up; which wasn't completely true, but Ferris knew the best way to most demons' hearts was some form of flattery or groveling. She did respect Quezor a bit as well, but that was besides the point.

Humming to herself, the Ishikawa demon sheathed her sword, grabbed Mizuki's repeater rifle, and went off to what could possibly be her doom. She could feel a sudden surge in Natha's aura--what was he doing?--and, slightly uneasy, broke into a run, pausing when she could see the shine of his silver fire. It was beautiful, to be honest, but the way he was using it bothered her. One of the demons was subdued and bowing to him!

Ferris grit her teeth, irritated at the demon's weakness and Natha's presumptuous thinking that he could turn every Raid survivor to his side. She settled down on the grass, glad the area was mostly empty and calm now, and took careful aim with the repeater rifle, focusing not on Natha but the demon he'd converted. He'd soon learn that it didn't matter who he forced to his side; they were failures, through and through, for falling. 

A light, almost nonexistent crack, and one of the rifle's bullets and pierced the demon's skull, and it fell to the ground, dead. Ferris smirked, and took aim at one of the weaker-looking humans of the party, who was holding a bow, dithering and wondering whether to snipe that one too, or just reveal herself. She shrugged and stood, keeping the rifle in her hands, and smirked; she carefully put herself between the humans and the gate. "Hello, Gravewalker. I've been anticipating this moment for a very long time," she said, walking forwards a bit but making no move to attack, rocking back and forth on her heels when she stopped. "Say, how would you feel about a little resistance on the way to Quezor? I cleared a few too many demons because they were in my way, and so there's too much pathway for ya."

///

Lance watched the cat warily, eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Cecile, stay close to us; if they try to grab you again, we need to fight them off," he said, drawing his sword and following the rest of the group, staying back slightly in case anyone decided to take a spot ahead of or behind him. ((Sorry for the one-liner, not much for me to put here really.))

Oromis Silverspire

He sat there quietly listening. He didn't touch the food given to him at all, nor the drink. He clenched his fists in anger when Yaro referred to him as a soldier. When he referred to HIMSELF as a King. HE WAS NOT A KING. Oromis was the rightful king of Yunakai, HE WAS A REBEL. Nothing more. He contemplated standing up and throw Yaro over the balcony now. He knew that if they fought here, soldiers would swarm and attack him...but he believed in his skill to kill would be sufficient enough to kill him now...Hells he wanted to do it, but he decided against it as he heard the rest of the plan...he was still infuriated about Yaro's audacity that he would assume he would take the throne! IF they united he should be begging that he didn't have him publicly executed!

He stood up angrily, but stopped at the last word. "You..." He was almost shaking with rage at this point. "Call ME a soldier? You say that we are just some great opponents doing battle in a war that will be in the history books! DO YOU not understand that YOU are just an ANNOYANCE! You are no true threat! YOU are not a KING. You are someone who simply wanted to cause trouble for the LAST moronic King that wasn't smart enough to smack your little crew in the mouth before it even got started!" He spun around, furious at this point. He opened the doors to leave, then stopped. "You speak of the past like it is something worthy to be remembered. You are nothing to me, I have severed any connection you think we may have once you betrayed your Kingdom." He was about to leave, but once again stopped. For a second it may have looked as though he was considering it...but instead growled "I assume I have a safe leave? Or has this come to a threat battle where I have to do what you say?" He turned and got ready to fight if the need arose.

@Andraus

@Enuky

Alamar Majere

He let them all speak and...say what they needed to say. As far as he was concerned, this was working with the girl. "Listen you guys OBVIOUSLY have this under control. I am not above being mature and allowing you all, LORDS AND KINGS, to make these decisions. He backed up slightly. In a low whisper, he said to the Princess, "If I could see you aside for a second? I would only trust Royalty that I have spoken with. Besides I usually share my information with those gifted in the magical arts..." He looked her up and down quickly. Well she obviously knew very little of magic. "Or at least those who have great potential..." He gave a tone like he knew something she didn't. Hopefully she took the bait.

@Enuky @Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete @transcendantviewer

The bakeneko had a new pep in his step now that the group was following after him. He took off leading the way, taking them around the skull. The area was covered in a thick green grass, which again made the place serene. 

It was anything but serene, however; as the cat could be heard snickering to himself from time to time. 

Like everyone else, Cecile was keeping her eyes focused on their "guide" as she followed along. She was standing between lance and alamar, an attempt to hopefully keep her safer. 

Suddenly alamar slowed down from the group, and lagged behind a few steps. He whispered to Cecile, who glanced over her shoulder curiously before doing the same. She wondered what he had to say to her, and whispered back to him, "you think I have potential?" She asked, her blue eyes glittering at the possibility. 

@Inheritance

Alamar Majere

He paused before answering. "Of course. All have potential, but it takes years of training to find those who have the most. I see a great power within you, that all you must do is train to harness it. You have gone through many hardships, and I am certain you will have the discipline to learn fast and effectively." He paused to pull things out of some pouches, being sure to show off the fact his staff would float and follow him. He pulled out a skin and drank from it, then shuddered. "Where are we going anyway? I was a bit overwhelmed by so much Royalty I have forgotten to ask!"

@Enuky

As the group continued onward the smell of smoke and burnt cherries grew. Smoke became visible in the air, creating a smokey haze. It was evident the nearby fire was quite a large one. 

Cecile was staring closely at Alamar now, perhaps eager to hear his response. When he suddenly mentioned their path she took a moment to glance around at the smoke and wrinkle her nose. The figures of other beings could be seen in the distance standing around the apparent fire. 

Before the princess could answer, the cat stopped in its tracks. He turned back to them all, "any last words?" He asked. If it weren't for the fact he was just a cat, one could swear the critter was grinning. He took off in a swift sprint towards his smokey comrades. 

Cecile stepped nearer to Lance then to observe, "we're here" she chattered to alamar. 

@Inheritance @Andraus @DemetrioMachete @Dalamus Ulom @transcendantviewer

Alamar Majere 

He looked around smelling the burning land. He snapped out of his flattery mode. "Beauty. How many of you guys have killed demons before? And how many of you know how to stop a summoning without causing a mishap? I think we can safely assume there are more where that cat came from. " He spoke loudly so the group could hear. "I can try to stop it, but if it's multiple demons or cultists I will be very hard pressed to do so. I can also do summons of my own...but fair warning-I am not the best of conjurerers." He regripped his staff, bringing to mind how to summon gnolls or something in a swarm. 

@Enuky @Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete @transcendantviewer @Dalamus Ulom 

This man Klaus didn't know well.. what was it, Falamar? It would seem he was trying to delay the trip further. Supplies? Exotic goods? Klaus pitched his hand into the air to get the sea-traveller's attention.

"If I may say, no harm will come of your stock. Prudence is a mage. Could she not create a plane of existance separate from our own, to keep them safe?" He gave a quick glance at Prudence. She was... less intimidating now that she wasn't pregnant. Klaus doubted she knew anything about creating planes. Whatever.. plan B.

"We could still travel with your shipment. Any unauthorized person that dares to try and touch it will die. I would like for there to be as few delays as possible, Herr Pirate."

. . .

Aizen was silent throughout. He had no words to give to the cat. He fought, he hunted, and he killed. That was all.

Lenelia on the other hand, smirked confidently as he took up his Lute. He had quite a few words to say to the cat, and his allies.

"Your buddies best surrender easy, kitty kitty. My buds and I know lots ways to make you suffer." He stifled a laugh, turning to the allied group.

"However many they've got we shouldn't worry. My spells can send everyone here's capabilities sky high, make theirs plummet, all while doing a little harm myself." He plucked a few strums of the lute, making sure he had the rhythm down.

@Enuky

@Inheritance

@Trombone Geek

@Andraus

@transcendantviewer

@Dalamus Ulom

"I've killed demons before, but only after they've already used their summoning. The procedure is basic, hit them really hard until they fall down. I don't know how to permanently kill a demon, but slaying one, I can do." Dreadnought interjects, running his thumb over the blade of his weapon, producing a metallic flicking noise. The stench doesn't seem to bother the construct in the slightest and the smoke hanging in the air makes the glow from his uncovered crimson eye hover in the dense air.

Prudence and the two men climbed a high staircase and took a series of darkened hallways until returning to Prudence's room. There was a small cradle set up next to her bed, and immediately prudence approached it to gaze down at her little one sleeping peacefully. She lifted her baby and held him close before turning to face Klaus again. The infant stirred and his little pink face scrunched up as if he were about to cry, but before any sound left his mouth the boy nestled against his mother and back into sleep. 

She raised her eyebrows at Klaus, "I can't do that right now. Your things can be protected here", she stated plainly. 

@Dalamus Ulom @Andraus @DemetrioMachete @Trombone GeekG

(its almost been a week now, you need to post. If you do not have a post up within 24 hours we are moving forward.) 

Falamar would twitch slightly upon being called a pirate. "Milord, I would ask that you refrain from reffering to me using such a word. Neither I nor my men are pirates. I prefer the terms sellsail, mercenary, or privateer. Besides that, being a pirate is an offence punishable by death here. Hell, even knowing a pirate or having talked to one once is punishable by death in some places." Falamar would explain to the doctor.

"I suppose it being kept here will be fine, as long as no one touches it. It's somewhat, ah, how shall I say it... cursed" The sellsail explained. "Your men'll have to carry it in chests, or they may end up dying due to unfortunate events caused by the treasure." Falamar finished. "Oh, and I still need to get food and water. My ship is nearly out of both."

Before Yoren could respond, a gigantic roaring sound would eminate from behind them. Turning, the old assassins eyes would widen with what some would call fear. "Muspell Spirit! Move, now!" He would shout, before attempting to usher the group forward, away from whatever it was.

If one were to look past him, the would see a huge gush of flames and magma, shaped into the rough form of a humanoid had begun towards them, blocking their retreat. The giant was almost fully incoporeal,  and normal weapons would be utterly worthless against it as they would simply melt in the magma, or pass right through the flames, and make the weapon so hot as to glow white.

The Muspell Spirit's mere prescence was beginning to make the air hard to breath with the heat it exuded, the grass burnt away into ash, and even the dragons skull itself was begining to warp in the heat. The only was to hurt the demon was to use either enchanted weaponry or water and ice magic, but that seemed like it would be ineffective against such a titanic force of nature.

After the demoness challenged Natha, Edward would step forward next to the Silver Lord. "My king, please allow me to fight this demoness in your stead. I should be able to buy you and the others enough time to get to Quezor and destroy him, or do what you did to that other demon." Sir Edward would say, conviction in his voice. He knew of the demons power, enough to know that she could pose a serious threat to Natha, and was willing to lay down his own life to aid the prince.

@Enuky @Andraus @Inheritance @Trombone Geek @transcendantviewer

Yaro, in response to Oromis's outburst, looked....amused, more than anything. "Threats, Oromis?....You should know me, I never make threats. If I want to do something, I do it. I don't care if I live or die, It wouldn't change a thing. If you think you can stop this rebellion by killing me....then you failed, miserably." Yaro said, drinking his water. "But.....now you have the opprotunity not only to stand as one of the leaders of the empire I have envisioned and walk away alive.....you have the chance of becoming a very wealthy and powerful man." Yaro said, before standing, and leading him into the war-room. 

"Think about it like this, Oromis.....Our armies will tear each-other apart, that much is true, and the end result will either be your death or mine...But, what if we didn't fight? What if we worked together." Yaro said, before pointing towards the two adjacent kingdoms. "The Rose Kingdom, a land unpolluted by the blight that swept over the other kingdoms a year ago, and Bathelon, home of merchants and guilds....You know what I see? I see something that would very well be of interest to you." Yaro said, looking up with a smile.

"I see....what could be gained. What we could gain."

Yaro would run his fingers over the map. "Side with me Oromis, and trust me on this, I take very good care of my allies. Whatever you could ask for- Wealth, servants, power, prestige.....I can give that too you, and you would only have to do whatever you want. I need a general, a leader for my armies...but afterwards? You stand to be without challenge. If I am the king, while you control the military, you have free reign to do almost anything.....but no-one would target you." Yaro said, before clarifying. "Kings and leaders are always targeted for assassination, it's a nuisance really, but it's true.....But if you were my general, they'd focus on the one at the top- Me, not you. You'd literally have a scapegoat, a meat-shield in case things get bad." He said. He knew Oromis would likely not do anything without a clear picture that he'd get something in return.

"Besides....Once these lands are under our control, think of how the people will throw themselves at your feet, a hero in this land.....Oromis the Undefeatable. No-one would be able to challenge you, or question you......and I'll still need Viceroy's for these kingdoms. Delegating an entire kingdom, It's people on a leash, just for you.......Does that not sound satisfying?"

Lanister would run behind Yoren, as he got the group away, before looking towards Aizen. "Aizen, get the people away from this! Master Yoren, let's kill this son of a bitch!" Lanister yelled, before a magic sigil would appear in his grasp. It would send an Icy blast of winter air and ice towards the creature, in an attempt to kill it, or at least cool it down. Lanister would not be able to do this forever, however. Soon the flames and head would send Lanister back, clutching a now burned arm. "Agh! Dammit! Why won't it die!?" He yelled, trying to hold the creature back with a barrier.

Though Natha was grateful towards Sir Edward, His words had an unprecedented effect- They were so familiar. It was like he heard them in another land, another time. Natha held his head, as memories started pouring around him, beating on his brain like a drum. The smell of blood, the sound of battle, people fighting.....people willing to die. It was like re-living the raids all over again, and this time, it was too much for Natha to take. When he saw Ferris, a face seen in his nightmares now made manifest, his eyes went wide.....before something Kalamitat would recognize as VERY BAD would happen-

Natha.....started heating up.

Natha held onto himself, as if trying to maintain control, but it was a losing battle. His skin began to crack and break, and Natha's breath soon became pained gasps, as he tried to hold his body together, when his hands went aflame, he placed them on his skull, and started screaming bloody murder. Soon, however....these screams would start turning into yells of mad laughter, his face now cracking. His armor began shifting from the head, as if molding to fit it's masters changing body. The male held onto his head, as a helmet started forming over the now flaming skull of the male, before the male would just stand there, still.

Natha....No, Gravewalker now looked up towards Ferris, wings of smoke and fire bursting from it's back, eyes burning with hate fueled rage.....and it let out a blood-lust fueled war-cry. Pointing the blade towards her, he would speak only three words.

"Back to hell."

@DemetrioMachete @Enuky @Dalamus Ulom @Inheritance @transcendantviewer @Trombone Geek

Upon hearing their cargo was "cursed", Klaus immediately protested. His face contorted with frustration. Possibly for the first time since Yaro amd Prudence met him.

"Oh now you're just making excuses not to go!" the doctor raved, gesturing to himself. "Do you realize who youre talking to? I'm a Cleric! I brought Prudy-poo back from the dead! Dispelling or nullifying a Curse takes nowhere near as much effort!" It was clear the doctor was getting impatient. He wanted this expedition, and he wanted it now.

@Enuky

@Dalamus Ulom

. . .

Aizen nodded at Lanister's orders, moving himself to the flank of the group; gesturing and pushing with his tiny hobbit hands. They needed to move. No more time could be wasted.

Lenelia looked behind him, saw the gooey mass of lava, and immediately believed the demons were already onto them. Stupid, omnipresent bastards.

"Ondele ondele, kitty cat! We gotta move!" Lenelia patted the bakeneko's butt with the case of his rapier. It was long enough to reach past Dread. Urgency was present in his voice.

@transcendantviewer

@Enuky

@Dalamus Ulom

@Andraus

@Trombone Geek

@Inheritance

Dreadnought grumbles and sticks with the group, his posture uneasy. "We could have taken it down. Wouldn't have even been that hard..." he states, holding his axe at his side.

South Yunakai--

The bakeneko twisted around to hiss at Lenelia, sending him a look of disgust as he quickened his pace to escape further taps of his instrument. He charged forward towards the smokey fire pit, calling to the group of beings that could be seen moving around it. "Here's your princess. Come and get her!" Finally, he collapsed by the fire, exhausted from the beating but not bothered by the excruciating heat.

The leathery demons made haste. "We gave that useless cat one task", complained one of the demons in a scratchy voice. It nodded to their leader, "we'll take care of this", it assured the large male with a skull covering his head. It was then the three demons sprinted towards our heroes, suddenly attacking with spews of acid shooting from their throats. 

Cecile screamed, realizing the group was completely cornered. The magma spirit was approaching from behind pushing them forward, and Lanister and Aizen were doing their best to hold it off. Now these new attackers were after them. One of the demons went after Alamar, Cecile, and Lance and the other two chose to go after the larger target of Dreadnaught and Lenelia. It took seconds for the demons to reach them, spewing a large wad of acid at all three of them. She instinctively ducked her head and lifted her wand, too panicked to think of her attack. The acid suddenly dropped to the ground in a solidified form, and the creature struck at Lance, twisting around to wack him with the force of its heavy tail and going after Alamar to do the same in its attempt to isolate the girl.

The other two demons were running around Dread and Lenelia, spewing their acidic vomit straight at them and running at a remarkable speed. The smoke in the air around them was dense and hot, and it was increasingly becoming difficult to breathe.

. . .

Prudence felt an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach when the captain mentioned a curse. Unlike the doctor she was more apprehensive of such a threat. Wanting her discomfort to go unnoticed, she crossed the room and kept her back to them, rocking her baby gently in her arms. Ever since she had cursed that stupid princess she held an irrational fear of curses, worried that one day karma could be against her. She knew from her own that not all curses could be nullified. She returned to  where they were standing, choosing not to mention her superstitious fears.

"That's enough, doctor", she snapped. "If our guest is in need of supplies, he must have them. We cannot take any chances with our safety on this voyage", the thought of being stuck at sea without food or water was enough for Pru, who was already wary of being on the water. She stepped over to her own bedside and lifted a large white sheet that folded at the end of the bed. She began wrapping the linen material around her waist and shoulders before bundling Alfio into it and securing him against her chest.

"We have enough water in our own wells for the trip, but we will have to visit the market for food", she said, knowing Yaro would not oppose paying for their provisions. "Let us hurry to return before the king finishes his meeting", she said, beginning to lead the way towards the door. The marketplace wasn't too far from the manor, but they would have to walk from the beach. Luckily, the markets were right off the beaches because so many vendors sold fresh seafood.

@Andraus @transcendantviewer @Dalamus Ulom @DemetrioMachete @Inheritance @Trombone Geek

Lance only grew more tense, but out of instinct beaten into him by years of training he kept his sword hand relaxed this time, moving forwards slowly with the rest of the group. When the cat took off, the Bathelonian king stutter-stepped in an almost-attempt to follow it, but reigned himself in and instead eyed each of the demons surrounding the fire, watching for even the slightest hint of attack. He moved slightly in front of Cecile, positive that something big was going to happen, because the cat had been so confident that this would be where they died. 

Lance was also sure that the group could probably pull through, with so many strong fighters. He hoped they could find a way through relatively unscathed, so they could move quickly and avoid other ambushes, but that probably wouldn't be the case. That was what he thought until, of course, the giant magma-demon-thing burst out of nowhere with a roar, raising the temperature around the group into an almost unbearable level. The king stepped back, and retreated further as the bakeneko raced forwards and brought the attention of the other demons surrounding the ceremony. 

When the other demons rushed forwards, Lance cursed, doing his best to avoid the acid the demons spat, but some still landed on his sword, eating through the metal and leaving him with a broken weapon. Cecile screamed, out of fear (thankfully). And here came a tail, and the king lifted what remained of his sword to block and staggered underneath the attack's weight. The demon moved its focus to Alamar, and Lance growled and flung his sword at it; the weapon was useless anyways. 

Of course, this left him completely unarmed except for the small dagger he drew from a boot. He tried to get between the demon and Cecile, taking advantage of the demon's distraction and hoping that some miracle would happen soon.

///

Ferris rose an eyebrow at the knight's attempt to challenge her. "I'm not here for you, kiddo. I'd hate to hasten the end to such a legendary warrior. No; if I let Natha go then I'll have failed my mission. So maybe you go ahead and he stays, if you're gonna be like that; and you can all die trying to fight Quezor with your pathetic, mortal bodies." Ferris smiled at the knight, almost disarmingly, until her eyes flicked back to Natha. The spike in his aura and the cracking of his skin said a lot about his current state. 

"Ooh, a new development here. How interesting." As casual as the demon pretended to be, however, she sunk into a defensive stance, wary. His laughter caused the woman to shift her front foot slightly, as if nervous.

"I'll only go back if you take me, sweetheart," she said, trying to provoke him into the first attack. "After all.. you'd fit in quite well."

_-_

Maeve watched Natha's transformation with wide eyes, and took a few steps back to avoid the fiery wings that unfolded from his back. "You said it would be a last resort, you idiot! Control yourself!" she cried, forced to roll away as the wings shifted again and almost hit her. This was not turning out well at all.. The boy had absolutely zero self control and it was actually starting to grind against her nerves. When she'd first met him only a few days ago, he'd preached on and on about never becoming like them, but the demoness challenging him was right; he would fit in, right now, with this terrifying and vicious image.

:I warned you.:

Piss off, 
Maeve snapped back, trying and failing to come up with a way to prevent things from escalating. She finally surrendered, falling back; there was nothing she could do at the moment. Except.. It had seemed like forever since she'd left Kuvira's service, and she was a little bit out of practice--she had had little need to make herself scarce or to simply disappear from any moment for quite some time--but if she could still manage, maybe she could get in a preemptive strike and end it all before it began. 

The assassin simply relaxed and distanced herself from the situation. By doing this, she could effectively vanish just by removing herself. It didn't make any sense, really, but it was a useful ability for either dramatic effect or misleading others. After activating this little 'ability' she would actually cloak herself with a small amount of magic and a lot of training, and move towards Ferris. The demoness wasn't paying attention, she could strike..!

The woman turned in one fluid movement, just as Maeve's sword nicked her side and shocked her. There was a flicker of surprise and a whole lot of irritation all at once in Ferris's expression, but it quickly turned to glee as the pain set in and the woman simply smacked Maeve aside. 

"Nice try, girlie," Ferris said with a small laugh, reveling in the feeling but turning her focus back to Natha. "So.. What'cha gonna do about your little pet there? So loyal, even after that mess with the dead Kuvira and your little bout of rage. It's a wonder she ever survived in the traitorous land that is Yunakai." 

Klaus could only pout with disgust as Prudence agreed to stall further. He folded his arms, grumbling about the razzafrazzing pirates and their razzafrazzing cursed treasures, and about their razzafrazzing needs for food and water. In all his stress, he had forgotten where they needed to take this cargo to. Hopefully they would bring it up again, but the doctor was too grumpy to inquire.

@Dalamus Ulom

@Enuky

. . .

Aizen ensured the others were out of range, and then he pulled away several scrolls from his belt. He handed a few to Lanister; Scrolls of Ice Storms, Acid Arrows and Slowing.  Then he himself begam casting. He formed a sign with his hands, focusing sharply before a wave of force shot from his eyes, striking at the Muspell Spirit with beams of energy that would not harm, but would slow his pace considerably.

Lenelia could only smirk and stick out his tongue as the Bakeneko expressed his disgust. If only he had laced his words with Vicious Mockery.. But now they were in a predicament. Cornered on two fronts. Lenelia took up his Lute.. it was time to show his use.

He strummed furiously, watching as orange lights began to spark to life around him. This was Bardic Inspiration; and when it flew to someone, it would give them an edge in their endeavors. A light flew to Cecile, to Lance, to Alamar, Lanister and Yoren. Though when he got to Dread, he stopped. He was going to change his tune with intense aggression.

"Blitz on the Fritz, show them your might! Ensure they don't escape your cunning Foresight!" He sung, watching as his potent magics distorted the air around Dreadnought; smirking as he anticipated the carnage that would follow a Dread fueled by Foresight.

@Enuky

@transcendantviewer

@Dalamus Ulom

@Trombone Geek

@Inheritance

Using the limited future sight gifted upon him by the spell his bardly comrade, Dreadnought moved with informed determination, easily predicting their next immediate move and heading them off. His immense axe moved to intercept them as he swung with lethal intent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back