Overview & Main Roleplay

The silly, maddening gaze in Heinrich's eyes gave way to a stare of pure focus as Prudence's pain grew. He had no alcohol on hand to dull her pain, and so she would suffer to the extreme, he thought. Other than his instructions, which he repeated several times to her, he said nothing else. Klaus desired not to lose Prudence.. he liked her company; a straight woman to his madness.. Yaro wasn't girly enough to fit the bill.

At last, there the newborn lay in the doctor's hands. He looked at it quite curiously, other than the rash and chemical burns.. This thing looked entirely human to Heinrich.

"It's uh.. Not as demon-y as I was expecting. What do you think, Pru?" as he asked that, he now took notice of how she was losing consciousness.. probably from trauma and blood loss.

"....Prudence?" he called again, a slight tinge of worry in his voice. Then it dawned on him that Prudence and her child were likely dying, but he was a Cleric! Preventing death was his specialty! With care, Klaus set the infant into its mother's arms, whispering to himself as he readied his holy symbol. Melodical prayers filled the air, as did a soft white light, which flooded over the bed where Pru lay. This wasn't simply regular healing, it was a complete reversal of negative anomalies of the body. Blood would be recovered, pain would lower, wounds would close and disease would be assimilated. Klaus didn't care too much about losing the child.. In his head, he still thought Prudence wanted it dead. On and on, for a full 4 minutes, Klaus kept this up, his breath was growing short, and his throat turned raw, shortlu after.

"Just a thought, Pru-Pru," Klaus spoke up, 30 seconds after his healing had ended. "It would be pretty dumb to take a newborn to uh.. What was it? Umbrella Carcus? Huh.. Weird name for a place of any kind."

Quite a mispronounciation. Looking over her though, Klaus didnt think Pru was awake enough to hear him though.

@Enuky K

Waiting outside the city limits, in a forest clearing with the starry sky showing down, sat a man with silver hair, and eyes, with iris's the form of broken glass. Once Ferris would go to meet him, this male would stand up. This was the Mazoku Clan's leader, and their most powerful demon: Lexus Mazoku. He often would stare at the stars, wondering if the old kingdom was somewhere above them. He often wished he could see his old comrade's, trapped behind those thrice damned walls....

Hearing walking approach, Lexus would turn his gaze, and see Ferris approach with a Prisoner. He would examine her from his spot: A Human....with a demon embedded in her? And that demon hadn't taken full control of the body? Must be a weak second-generation. No matter, he'd see to it that this demon either trained to be stronger, or died. Weakness was not tolerated in the clan.

Lexus would then speak up, as she drew closer. "So, is it finally time to begin? Everything on my end is ready." he said to Ferris.

Yaro and Chalondra would return to the castle, just after Prudence had given birth. Yaro would storm in, as he heard the sound of a baby's cry. Walking over, still decked in the Berserker armor, his helmet would just vanish, as he would kneel down. He would reach a hand towards the child, as the gauntlet would fade away,Once Klaus was done with the ritual. Picking it up, Yaro would stare down at the seemingly-human child.

"It's a boy......It looks so 'human'. "He said, placing the child back down. He would then run to grab a wet towel, and walk back, picking the child up. He saw the burns, and did his best to clean the afflicted areas. Yaro would then hold the child, before thinking. "Uh....food, milk! Yes, Milk!....Wait, if this child has chemical burns then...No, her body wouldn't be able to produce viable fluid..."He said, rocking the child in his hand. He would then look towards Klaus. "Klaus, please! I need you to find milk! You're the only one right now that can help save these two." He said, knowing he was pouring alot on the deranged doctor, but he didn't have a choice.

@Trombone Geek @Enuky K @DemetrioMachete

After a while of awkward silence and Cecile struggling to answer, Lance couldn't express his gratitude towards the Emerald Knight for coming up with a solution. "You'll have to teach me the spell, but I think that will work rather well," he replied. "I'm not entirely sure I'll be too good at the spell, but I'm sure I'd manage one way or another, even if that just means resorting to carrying the princess away over my shoulder." The tension in the room didn't seem to drain much, but at least that was over with.

"Now.. On to lighter matters. Edwin, Cecile, I would like to provide you both with some form of protection, even if it's in the form of a simple knife. You will both be free to choose your weapons from Bathelon's armory--as small as it may be. If you need spare clothing or anything else, let me know and I can have it arranged." He racked his brain for anything else that might need to be discussed, but couldn't think of anything.

"Is there anything anyone would like to know about this, or anything I've neglected to mention?"

///

Ferris grinned back at the Mazoku clan's leader fiercely, noticing how he paid close attention to the kiddo she was hauling. "Yeah, we're all ready," she affirmed. "An' no, the kid's pet isn't as weak as you think. Lady's just got a pretty strong will. Well, did; I think she's broken now, and the demon's too tame to try anything. Who knows, maybe it's formed affection for the human. Don't matter; we can probably get it up an' kickin' at some point and erase the personality of its 'owner.' No hard task, with the right tools.." Of course, the bloodthirsty demon was referencing torture; a kind severe enough to wipe Maeve's personality and let Kalamitat take over. 

"Then we can mold the demon to our cause; because trust me, it's learned a lot of unique human tactics from its owner that I'd like to learn myself. Like that whole appearing-out-of-nowhere thing it does--the human, not the demon. I saw it do it back when that one princely fellow almost killed all his buddies--" a reference to the night Cecile and Lanister left the Yunakaian castle and Lance had almost transformed into a werewolf--"an' it never ceases to amaze me how it's mostly undetectable beforehand. It's great!"

A twig snapped, catching Ferris's attention. The demon reached into her coat and pulled out a grappling hook, sending it flying with an precise throw that hooked it onto a tree at just the right time and height to clothesline Syniad, who was knocked flat onto his back.

"Well, well, well, look who we've got here, Lexus! Another human! Just my luck, because I was getting bored of not killing anyone," Ferris said, reaching towards her sword before pausing. She sniffed and frowned. "You smell like that what's-his-face.. Yaro? Or something. I suppose if you're his ally we can't get at you without hurting our cause.." She looked back towards Lexus, keeping a close eye on Syniad as he wheezed for a bit before standing and trying to regain his dignity, rubbing his now tender throat.

"What should we do with 'im, boss?" she asked, jerking a thumb towards Syniad, who leaned against a tree and tried to look unaffected, although that image was ruined by the multicolored bruise lining his neck.

Klaus looked over at Yaro, with half-closed eyes. How much about the situation did he remember? Upon Yaro's request for milk, he simply shook his head.

"Hey. Did you... not barge in whilst I was in the middle of filling their bodies with health? Do not act so hasty, Yaro. Recall that the little bugger is of a parasitic demon nature.. if you really wanted it to stay alive, in 6-8 hours the drugs Prudy is on will subside, and her own milk will be safe to drink." he was the doctor, here. Heinrich felt his "professional" opinion shouldnt have been contested.

"Newborns are not born hungry. He'll live.. Although I am fairly certain she didn't want it to. Prudence, on the other hand.. even though I healed her, the trauma of childbirth.. as well as the stress of fighting all the while.. if that keeps building up on her she might die. But at this, he merely smiled to Yaro, showing off his holy symbol. "In the presence of Doctor Klaus, though. Death is cheap. I will watch them. If one dies, I will bring them back, and You, dear Yaro.. will get front row seats to my work. Simple enough?" with that, Heinrich left the child with Yaro, and seated himself near Prudence. Would she show signs of life? Signs of death? Or would she pass peacefully...?

@Enuky K @Andraus

Lexus would stand from his spot, ready to converse with Ferris over the possibility of bringing the demon/human hybrid over to their side, when he watched her grapple the male from the tree line. Lexus would not speak as she brought the male down, and would move towards the male, before getting down on one knee, staring down at the man. His eyes would gaze over him, before speaking up. "Order of the Raven, If I remember Sisters description of them. Clothing Suggests high rank. Muscles and eyes suggest high skill and intellect. Assessment? Heavily dangerous...."He said to Ferris, as he would finally look down at the male's face. "Do you wish to know who I am, human...?" He asked, knowing he was in the position of power as of now.

Yaro would just be fumbling as he heard this. He knew he was panicking, hell, he was terrified of losing Prudence. But he knew Klaus was right, and that he had to listen to the man. "I know Klaus, and I'm sorry if it seems like I don't trust you, I do.....I just....I can't lose her too, Klaus. "He said. The man would just look towards Klaus, practically begging. "Please....do whatever you can to save her, I beg you. If there's anything I can do to help, or if you just want me to leave, tell me." He said, taking the infant in his hands, and holding it close. He knew that, with the way this armor felt (as it was of demonic nature, though Yaro didn't know this) He knew the infant would be more comfortable near it, as they felt the same.

Chalondra would walk over towards the child, staring down at it. Her eyes would widen lightly, as a smile played on her lips. "A half-breed.....how interesting...." She said, quietly. She would then look towards Yaro. "Come. Let us trust the good doctor to do his work. He is a very intelligent man, I am sure. He'll save her."  She said, leading Yaro, and the child, out of the room.

@DemetrioMachete @Trombone Geek @Enuky K

Bathelon--

When Lance mentioned the armory both Cecile and Edwin perked up in interest. It seemed to distract Cecile from the painful topic of before. Now her blue eyed returned to their usual vibrance, and she was staring attentively at Lance. She was eager to choose her weapon as prior to then she was typically discouraged from having weapons of any kind, let alone choose her own. 

"Free to choose?" Cecile repeated to Lance for clarification, inwardly doubting it. 

Unlike Cecile, Edwin made no comment. He simply sat up straighter and attentively paid attention to those who spoke. The gift of a weapon was a great honor to many knights, and the thought of being bestowed one by the king motivated Edwin tremendously to stay in line... lest the king change his mind. 

Phillip and Katha exchanged a look. They, too, were trying to decide if anything of importance was being left out. Phillip pursed in thought. On one hand it was a simple enough mission and would only last a few days, but on the other he couldn't stand the risk of sending both the Rose princess and the Bathelon king into South Yunakai. However, he knew at this point his opinion was moot. 

"I believe that covers any questions of mine", said Edwin. 

Katha then spoke, "Indeed, I have seveal things to prepare before you may leave, but that is all". She rose to leave without explaining further, and the adviser quickly followed. 

Cecile rose to her feet then, "let's go to the armory", she said impatiently. 

South Yunakai--

From her unconscious state, Prudence had no knowledge of the healing light that basked her body while it laid lifelessly in the bed. The potent magic of the doctor renewed her strength. Her pain was eased as the doctor worked his magic, and it helped her slip into a deeper state of sleep. Prudence slept blissfully for the next several hours. 

When her green eyes opened again she was faced with the doctor's own, observing her intently. She jumped in surprised before realizing it was only Klaus. For now, Prudence would be well, thanks to the doctor's care. She let out a small sigh and sunk deeper into her bed. She was clean and comfortable now, and wanted just a moment more to rest before sitting up. 

She sat up to glance around the room, and seeing no sign of the infant hoped that perhaps her recollection of it was only a nightmare. Finally, her attention returned to the broken remnants of a smile upon the doctor's lips. "What happened to... it?" she asked with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. 

@Trombone Geek @Andraus @DemetrioMachete

Klaus nodded to himself, as Prudence came to. It would seem as though his healing energy had worked.. kept his pride intact; that was one of his most powerful healing chimes! Part of him thought that Prudence would have died anyway.. giving birth seemed like no easy task. All that pain, that trauma.. it was delicious something the doctor would likely never experience. 

"Good to see that you're awake, Pru-pru." Klaus spoke to her, carefully eyeing her posture. Any shaking? Trembling? Bleeding? "I'd have some choice words with you if I had to drag you out of the afterlife.. sullying my pride as a doctor like that. At least we averted that scenario, yes?" Heinrich stood up, dusting himself off as he circled around Prudence.. as though checking to see if something was out of place. Truthfully, he wished to spill his discovery to Prudence.. but alas all of these baby troubles were keeping him from it.

"Oh wait, your little pest?" Klaus realized her question, looking around briefly, before blinking and returning his gaze to Prudence.

"Yaro took it."

@Enuky K @Andraus

Yaro would choose this moment to walk in, as he had every other hour. He would then walk towards Prudence, the bundle in his hand. "Prudence, you're awake! Thank Telchur." He said, walking over, holding the little bundle. "He's okay....I was shocked, honestly: I don't see any noticeable traits of the....father in him. No horns, no wings....I don't think I see a tail, either." He said, looking at the child, before leaning down, and handing it to Prudence. "Here. First contact with the mother is needed...."He said, placing the bundle in her hand.

Chalondra remained in the background, her eyes scanning the room around her. She would turn towards the male, before speaking up. "A devout cleric? a rare sight, in this day and age....most are not willing to commit to your level of fealty. "Chalondra said, before walking over towards him. For an odd reason, he reminded her of someone she once knew....but she couldn't place it "What is the name of your god, Doctor?"

@Enuky K  @DemetrioMachete

Lance nodded at Katha's words and watched as she and Philip left. The corners of his mouth turned up, almost unnoticeable, at Cecile's excitement at choosing a weapon, and he rose from his seat, food barely touched.

"Let's go, then," he said, leading the way out of a door separate from the one the old queen and advisor had taken. The group walked far from the dining room, through the halls of the castle (too maze-like for Lance's tastes, but there was nothing to be done about that). After a few minutes they finally came to the armory. The king opened the door to a medium-sized room with all sorts of weapons lining the walls, and an extensive selection of almost any type of sword or mace or whatever that one could want. It was surprising, considering Bathelon was not military-based, but it would make sense in some ways for them to stock weapons, if only for trade.

"Go ahead and choose whatever you think fits. If you want something that needs servicing, I'll have to apologize; we don't have the time. It should all be in good condition, though." He moved towards the sword rack and began searching for something for himself, both unwilling and unable to use Dante's old sword.

///

Syniad frowned at the demon's extremely accurate deduction. "I would, very much indeed, demon," he said, mistrust heavily coloring his voice. While Bathelon hadn't been raided too badly, the legends and rumors behind Alethea made every Bathelonian extremely wary of demons, since they were plagued with, albeit small, influences by the demons' supposed presence, more than other kingdoms who were mostly just repairing now.

The most notable occurrence was known as the Blackwater Incident. ((You don't have to read the spoiler, if you don't want to. It's kinda long. For the story I took from, go to Youtube and watch The Backwater Gospel.))

A small town, closer to Alethea back when it was inhabited than the other towns and villages, was visited regularly by the inhuman being that was the town's undertaker. He only came on the day when someone was due to die; and after that person died, the undertaker would measure the body, make its coffin, and when all was said and over with he would leave. Everything to do with that skeletal, all-angles, glasses-wearing man left everyone with a deep fear.

This God-fearing village met its end at the beginning of a week, when the undertaker came and nobody died that day. For the rest of the week, people hid in their homes, going hysteric. All they could think about was who that cursed being could possibly be waiting for. And when they were called to mass that Sunday, the Minister used the opportunity to turn the town against the outcast who did not fear God. He was stoned to death, but the undertaker did not leave. It all descended into a bloody massacre, with everyone fighting to kill and not be killed, to find who the undertaker had come for. None of them ever knew who, though; because only when the entire town was wiped out did the demon rise from his seat and begin measuring. And in his shadow on that bright day could be seen a pair of outspread crow's wings. ((YAY REFERENCES!! All I did was change the name of the town a bit and give it a fancy-ish name for the massacre)).

As Syniad remembered the investigation he'd done in that town after all was said and done, he looked afraid for a moment; this could be mistaken as fear of the demon before him now. Although in reality, it was more a fear of the ever-silent man who'd only sat and smiled when Synaid demanded to know why. As he'd left, he could've sword he'd heard a poorly-sung line: 'His presence pre-tells both blood and death, yet he shoulders not the blame.' He'd been quick to high-tail it out of Blackwater after that.

@Trombone Geek

Lexus would lean back, before speaking. "You, dear child, are looking at one of the last of a dying breed: My family was once one of the strongest Demon clans that served the Infernal King...Now, there are only two of us, but in us two, our clan lives on. I am called 'The Lance of the Mazoku' in your legends, as my sister is called 'Malum in Se'. My name is Lexus Mazoku, Leader of the Mazoku clan."He said, before standing up.

He wore little armor, save for a chain shirt and pauldrons, the chain shirt under his clothing. However, he stood an imposing figure, and demonic magic coursed around him, like it did many in his clans: His clan had brought Yunakai and the Rose Kingdom to it's knees once, and if they had the power, they'd do it again. However, Lexus knew he couldn't risk this man attacking his people yet.....and so, an idea sprung up in his head.

"My king has been gone for years....But we still serve his mission: Destroy the weak monarchies that infest this land. "He said, looking towards him. "You know this as well, don't you?....A nation plagued by civil war, a cowardly king letting his kingdom fall into ruin over the death of a single woman, and then there is Bathelon.....You understand, don't you? You don't want these people governing your lives. "He said, before looking towards him.

"Tell me, why has your Order never attempted to rule Bathelon themselves? You people fought ours during the raids, you sacrificed more than most, and yet, despite all that you have done, you are considered radicals or criminals....Are your people more than qualified to lead this land properly? More so than the idiot kings that rule now. "He asked the male. He knew this would likely get into Syniad's head more than it should.

((Enjoy this subtle manipulation from Lexus, brought to you by Demons :D))

Bathelon--

Ceicile and Edwin followed Lance to the armory, with Edwin keeping up from a short distance behind. When the group reached the armory, Cecile gaped at the impressive collection of weapons that decked its walls. She immediately took to the far end of the room and began her close examination of everything. 

Edwin stood in the doorway watching over Cecile as she pulled various swords and maces from the walls only for most of the weapons to be entirely too heavy for her to lift. As she struggled with lifting the heavy waponry, Edwin chuckled; he enjoyed watching the pretty princess who clearly had no idea how to properly hold the massive tools she kept selecting. Out of proper courtesy, Edwin was waiting for his kingdom's princess to choose first, but fantasizing about Cecile all the while. 

Finally, Edwin noticed Lance engaging in his own search. The male sauntered over to his side, and looked over the swords Lance appeared to be considering. 

"Don't you see what a problem giving the princess anything will be?" He whispered, gesturing over to an unknowing Cecile. As cute as she was to watch, Edwin couldn't help but wonder what a disaster --albeit amusing-- she would be in action with a weapon. He glanced past Lance and began studying the swords behind him on the wall while he waited for his answer. He was inwardly growing impatient in his wait to start picking through the swords for himself. 

South Yunakai--

"Yaro has it?" Prudence repeated, and as if right on cue Yaro himself entered the room. Sure enough, he carried the bundled infant over to Prudence's bedside. She raised an eyebrow to the infant as Yaro plopped the thing into her arms without much warning.

For a moment she carried a look of disgust and slight contempt while she reconfirmed that the child, indeed, had only human features. It didn't seem holding him came very naturally to Prudence; she shifted him in her arms multiple times before getting comfortable. "...and I suppose just because he looks human I should keep him?" She asked Yaro. Pru laughed softly and continued to study her newborn. His warm little body felt so good to her arms, and he was quietly staring up at her with his dull, blue hues. Even his eyes aren"t demonic, she thought as a feeling of pride came to her. 

Prudence's lips curved into a frown then; she remembered all of the horrible thoughts and toxins she put her little one through. He was only wrapped in cloth because she didn't have so much as a blanket for him. I'm the worst mother in the world, she thought as tears filled her eyes. Then Prudence began to sob, left stressed and anxious knowing she was unable to provide her child's basic care. "Yaro, I need your help, please," she managed between sobs. Her sobbing caused her body to begin to tremble, and her rising stress was putting a damper on the effects of the doctor's magic. As her body weakened and she continued to cry, her body began searching for its usual source of strength, but would find itself dry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak of the Devil, there was Yaro, now. The baby was returned to Prudence, and Heinrich solemnly nodded to himself. From the looks of it, Prudence had warmed up to the idea of being a mother.. to this child born of something evil, at least, that was how the Doctor perceived it.

"So I guess you.. won't be killing the newborn?" his voice was but a whisper, for he did not intend for Prudence, Yaro, or this newcomer to hear him.

Oh wait there was someone new, here. Heinrich turned his attention to this "Chalondra", brushing off her remarks about how rare Clerics were. When asked about his God, though, Heinrich spoke up, beaming proudly.

"I am a proud servant of Saint Cuthbert, God of Knowledge, Common Sense, and Zeal. In his name I have provided entire Tomes worth of knowledge on history, biological anatomy, and Inquisitional torture.. ahem." did he let on a bit too much? Maybe so.. but after years of the practice, he simply didn't care at this point. "And.. who are you, exactly?"

@Enuky K @Andraus

Syniad glared at the demon as he--it--introduced itself in a formal manner. It went on to talk about liberating the people from the selfish monarchies that ruled them, and Syniad was surprised by the fact that the Lance of Mazoku's views were so close to his own.

"We haven't tried because we haven't had the numbers or the ability yet. We just now have drawn in enough people, but we've also.. expanded our views. And not to mention, if we take down one king just to take the throne ourselves, it would be rather hypocritical.." His voice trailed off and he frowned. "Don't think I'll let you get into my head, demon scum. We might work together, but that does not make us allies. Remember that," he spat, turning away and walking back in the direction he'd come from. Obviously whatever had caused to explosions had been taken care of, and the Order leader had no business and wanted no business with any demons more than what was required. Ferris watched him go, shoulders shaking with silent laughter.

"Look at the poor fellow, trying to resist! But I think you've just about got him, with just the one argument. Although, isn't it Chalondra's job to play with people? I thought you were the brawn," the Ishikawa demon teased.

///

"I was planning on teaching her combat at some point anyways, and even so, it wouldn't hurt for her to have a weapon should we run into a tough spot," Lance replied, selecting a sword at random and testing its weight. He shrugged, replaced it, and continued looking. "Bandits have been unusually active recently, probably taking advantage of the rising tensions that have been making people clumsy. I don't know what it is, but something's going to go very wrong."

Lance didn't say anything else on the subject, though, and eventually settled on a hand-and-a-half longsword, sheathing it and holding it in one hand while he moved to the dagger rack, picked one from there, and made his way towards Cecile, holding the weapon out to the princess.

"The merchants who sold this got caught for fraud, but I did have a mage examine this at some point. This gem--" he tapped the ruby in the pommel of the weapon-- "can store energy, and if you ever need to, say, set someone on fire when you stab them, all you have to do is cast the spell and treat the dagger like a wand. Or something. I'm honestly not the most sure how it works, but we can test it out if you'd like." 

Bathelon--

Edwin chuckled at Lance's desire to train the princess; he still inwardly viewed the girl as nothing more than a doll to protect. Shaking his head, he meandered away from the two to take a look at some of the other daggers while Lance displayed one to Cecile. He already had his own sword, and so he thought perhaps a nice dagger would do him well. He looked over the shelf for a long moment before selecting one. The dagger he chose was quite small, and it bore Bathelon's army's symbol engraved in the blade. 

Meanwhile Cecile was examining the magic dagger Lance had. She lifted the thing to look more closely at the ruby centered on its handle. It was lightweight and easy for Cecile to hold in comparison to the other weapons she'd picked up. "It can store energy?" She asked Lance. Her eyes were bright and intrigued looking over the thing. She playfully swung it a short distance with her hand before deciding she liked it. 

"I want to try it", she said impatiently, glancing to her knight. She knew the armory was not the best place for her to play with it. Edwin took notice of her look and sheathed his dagger. Now the two had selected their weapons. He approached the two and waited closer to Cecile. 

Seeing that Edwin was finished choosing his as well, Cecile headed towards the entrance to the armory with the dagger in hand. Once outside the room, Cecile could wait no longer to test its use. Standing in the hallway, she attempted to use it. 

"Ignitus!" She said while thrusting the small blade outwards. Nothing happened, and so Cecile tried numerous other spells in her attempt to test the device. It was to no avail. 

"True, Ferris, my skills are best suited on the battlefield, but if I am to rule a clan of demons, I must possess a multitude of abilities, so I can offer nothing short of my best. Coercion is a very useful skill to possess." Lexus said, before turning towards her, as he watched the male leave. He had little doubt his words would dig into the males head, but that was something he could worry about later. "It is good that you came though, Ferris. I have news that I know you'll find of great interest.....It is about your family."He said, sitting down, and pulling out a letter. "We recently sent scouts into the Bathelon area, to see if any demons that survived the raids hid in the prosperous kingdom.....We've discovered a few, but we've also discovered one Raid Survivor....Ferris..."Lexus would hand her the letter, which gave her description. Only one person matched this description, as multi-colored eyes were an Ishikawan trait.

"Your younger sister, Mizuki, is alive. She is in Bathelon." 

Inside a small shop, a snobbish noble would awaken, tied to a table. Struggling against the bindings, He would look around to see where he was, but all he saw was darkness. However, he'd hear the sound of.....humming? Moving his head up, he'd try to speak, but would be unable to, as a gag was around his mouth. Struggling, and sending silent curses at his kidnapper, he'd go silent as the humming would stop, and the sound of....foot steps started getting closer.

tap......

tap.....

tap....

tap...

"Ah, you're awake! Lovely!" A voice would say. The man would strain to look, as he saw a pair of multi-colored eyes staring down at him. He'd then feel the front of his shirt being cut open. "You're probably confused on why you're here.....I'd explain, but you'd likely start crying, and I hate getting tears on my operating table: It messes up the wood something terrible, and I don't want to pay to have it resurfaced."She said, as she'd start sharpening something. He would then feel as if something sharp and cold pierced his skin. Soon, his body would feel like it was on fire, and he started thrashing.

"Hmm....that concoction seems to cause irritation to the skin, and great discomfort.....would you describe the pain as burning, or searing?"She asked the gagged male. She would then light a lantern, and he'd see he had a....needle in his skin (not a surgical needle, a needle like an acupuncture needle). He'd now be able to see that it was the alchemist woman! She'd pull the needle out of him, before writing something down. "Alright, I think we're about done with that...."She said, as she'd toss the needle away into a fire.

Was that it? Was she letting her go? This woman was a fool, this noble sneered in his mind. When his father found out, she'd be beheaded for sure! However, these thoughts were cut short as she began approaching with a gruesome looking meat hook, holding it up, as she'd give him a coy smile. "Now then.....Shall we begin the 'real' tests?"She asked, her eyes blazing with excitement. The bound noble could only close his eyes and pray that his torment would be over soon, and that he wouldn't suffer for long.

His prayer would go unanswered...

~Later that day~

Mizuki had just finished cleaning up after her last 'experiment' and had burned the evidence of it ever transpiring, as she had practiced for years. It wasn't often she managed to get her hands on a noble-born, and she had to admit, it was always entertaining! She had to be sure, however, that she did not do it often. One every other decade was well and dandy, people didn't suspect. If she did it too often, she'd have the Royal Guard busting her door down for sure. She had to be careful on who she 'volunteered' for her experiments. She may be a valuable individual, but that wouldn't stop a damn witch-hunt. She'd rather keep her head firmly attached to her shoulders, thank you!

Wait....is it possible for a head to survive without the body?, she thought, already plotting her next lines of experimentation. 

She would then prep and open her Alchemy shop, in order to keep up appearances. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy her job here, it let her get her hands on the best ingredients for her test samples! It was just simply that she disliked having no-one she could talk to that actually understood ANYTHING about science. She enjoyed answering questions and all, it allowed her to demonstrate her intellect, but it was still excruciatingly boring. She would again find herself wondering if she'd ever find someone that shared her complex love of science?

Yaro would just watch Prudence's expression change as she held the newborn. Her face said it all, and when he heard her ask him for help, that was all he needed to hear to confirm what he already knew: Yaro was never more sure on his love for the woman. Kneeling down, Yaro would take her face in his hands, before speaking. "I am not going anywhere....to the death, Prudence."He said, before leaning down, until his lips met hers. He knew she was likely exhausted, so while in contact with her, he began transferring his magical energy to her, to give her strength.

Chalondra would laugh at this, smiling at the male, amusement in her eyes. "I am Chalondra Mazoku. Surely a well-versed scholar like yourself would recognize the name?"She said, sitting down. "You know, doctor, you remind me of someone I used to know....She was an avid researcher, much like yourself, only she was more-so interested in mechanical, alchemical, magical, and biological science, then history."She said, before moving a strand of hair from her face. "Judging from your personality, no offense meant, I think you two would've gotten along..."

@Trombone Geek @Enuky K @DemetrioMachete

South Yunakai--

Prudence was too heavily crying to realize just what Yaro was about to do. By the time he was leaning in to kiss her, it was too late for her to prevent it. Prudence felt as though all eyes were on her now as she and Yaro sat, lips locked, for what Prudence felt was too long. The kiss put a quick stop to Prudence's wailing, and now the room was unusually quiet. It lasted a lot longer than most would expect from Prudence; she was overwhelmed. She was uncomfortable with the amount of people there and now stressed over the well being of her young one. While taking in Yaro's energy and looking into his face a flurry of emotions were running rampant in her chest. When at last she broke away from Yaro's kiss, a thought came to her. 

The witch knew she could not provide the needs of her child. She was weakened and terrified, but with Yaro things could be different. Indeed, the man could provide for them. Prudence was alone and desperate enough to do whatever necessary to protect her child... Prudence had never loved anyone, but she could learn to love Yaro if it meant security for her new family. Deciding this could be her only chance at providing her son with a decent life, Prudence leaned forward and returned Yaro's kiss, gently pecking Yaro's lips with her own. She pulled away sooner this time, and then nestled closer to her child. 

From where she was lying partially to her side she stared past Yaro to Chalondra who was speaking. She didn't like having a stranger present when she had just given birth. Her body was quickly losing its strength now, and she was becoming more irritated. "Can't we go somewhere for me to rest and be alone with my child", she asked Yaro, hoping he would handle it. Her voice was still shaky from her crying.

@Andraus

"Oho, trust me!" Klaus smiled sincerely. "Anyone that I don't cut to pieces or take the brain out of will grow to love me. Prudy-Pru and Yaro can attest to that. Right, fellows?" as Heinrich looked back at them, and saw their lips locked, he stared blankly, before returning his attention back to Chalondra. 

"I erm.. suspect they'll be doing that a lot. Maybe even..." Klaus trailed off, as he formed an O shape with one hand, and started driving his other hand's index finger through it, winking as though he expected Chalondra to understand the innuendo he was making, before returning his hands to his sides and snickering it off.

"I jusy hope they don't keep me up at night with it.. or that." he gestured to the baby. 

"But on the subject of my friends, I actually have some special news for the two of you... and I guess you too, you can listen, Miss. It has to do with gaining an advantage over what lurks in Umbrella Carcus." still didn't get the name right. "When they have the energy to listen, I shall tell!"

@Enuky K @Andraus

South Yunakai--

While Prudence was whining at Yaro to bring her somewhere she would have more privacy, she paid little attention to Klaus and his antics. However, when he made his silly display the poor mother could not conceal her embarrassment. Her face instantly became bright red, and she did her best to avoid meeting Yaro's gaze. Finally, she found the motivation to send him a pleading stare. She was desperately hoping that Yaro would help her find somewhere else to rest-- preferably the master bedroom, she distantly reflected. 

The woman's face remained red but on the inside she was fuming as well. Her eyes narrowed at Doctor Klaus then when he made his last remark about her baby's potential noise level. She didnt appreciate complaints about her young one. She considered barking at the man, but was too afraid that if she tried only more crying would ensue. Her hormones were all out of wack. 

"Don't... say things like that", Prudence stammered, her cheeks were still nicely reddened and her embarrassment fresh. Then just as the witch thought the situation could become no worse, Klaus blabbed about the Umbra Carcerem. 

This caused Prudence to become tense and peer back towards Yaro with a look of uncertainty; she was unsure of how he would feel about her desire to launch an expedition into Alethea. She wanted to keep her plans a secret from him for now. However, then she found herself becoming slightly relaxed. If he truly loved her as he so claimed, perhaps she didn't need to fear displeasing him. She decided then that there would be no secrets between she and Yaro. Their relationship would have to be built upon truthfulness. 

Prudence turned back to Klaus with no apparent irritation over the matter, and instead answered him as though the information was no surprise to Yaro. 

"If you have information regarding the Umbra Carcerem", she began emphasizing its proper pronunciation, "then I would like to hear it now--", she was interrupted by the infant's sudden stirring. Her eyes shifted downward to the small being in her arms and she gazed upon it. She appeared almost entranced by it, and it was because inside she felt a strange urge to dip her head foward and suck the thing's blood. Prudence grimaced at these thoughts. She shook the sick craving from her head before pushing the child into Yaro's arms, "please take him", she said. She felt disgusted in herself, but couldn't explain the feelings. She turned her head to Klaus to see if he would explain further, hoping she could forget about it.

@Andraus @DemetrioMachete @Trombone Geek

Lance frowned. "It seems I may have been scammed. Oh well." The princess seemed to like the dagger, so he'd let her keep it regardless, unless she spoke . He watched as she tried a few other spells, wondering if maybe there was something wrong in the technique, if there was a defect, or if he really had been lied to about the dagger's 'magical properties.' Not that it mattered if he was; he hadn't paid very much to snag a diviner to see if the con-artist-of-a-merchant's words were true.

The king shrugged it off. "If you two are satisfied with your choices, then we can all return to our chambers. The two of you should have a few pairs of traveling clothes and a sack in each of your rooms. I would suggest leaving anything you don't need here, but pack what you will--just know you carry your own things." He didn't think Edwin would have a problem with this, but he was slightly worried about Cecile, who wasn't exactly the most in-shape for traveling. He refused to baby her, though.

///

"Little Mizuki is alive and she didn't tell me?" Ferris wondered aloud, looking over the description of her sister; it was her, all right. It wasn't a surprise she'd infiltrated human society; the girl was smart. Ferris was extremely happy Mizuki had survived everything; the two had always worked together to bring down any enemy in their path, with a bit of rivalry here and there, and honestly Ferris had missed Mizuki's company. Matters concerning her sister were one of the few things that she really cared about outside of blood, death, destruction, and that slew of fun-times.

"So, I'm gonna go fetch her, maybe, and so can you keep an eye on kiddo, here?" Ferris asked, gesturing to the still-unconscious Maeve slung over her shoulder. "I refuse to let you keep me from her, and I'm assuming you already knew how I was going to react and don't care anyways," she went on, rambling. "So, can I just go now? Poof? Buh-bye? Adios?"

///

Syniad, instead of bothering Yaro, Prudence, Klaus, and some strange visitor called 'Chalondra' that was probably related to the Mazoku demon he'd run into earlier, returned to the small room he'd been given inside the capital's palace ((I cannot for the life of me remember the city's name..)). Exhausted and confused from his search for the explosions' source, he collapsed into bed but didn't fall asleep, too busy mulling over what Yaro teaming up with demons could mean. He didn't know about Prudence wanting to open the Umbra Carcerem, judging from the woman's earlier demands to keep quiet about the idea, but he couldn't be so oblivious as to not notice any demonic 'allies' floating about underneath his nose. Or maybe he was; Prudence seemed to have wrapped him around her finger pretty easily.

Speaking of the witch, Syniad's opinions on Prudence had changed significantly after hearing about her plans for the Umbra Carcerem. He couldn't help believe she had a sinister, selfish side now, although maybe that was just his view on Alethea and it staying shut mixing with his views on Prudence. Either way, he felt like he couldn't trust her entirely--not that anyone could trust anyone else entirely anymore--and would keep an eye on both her and his back. He was sure that if he started proving troublesome or resisting her plans she would be ready to do something about it.

How the woman could stand to sneak around behind someone who so clearly loved her--Yaro--was beyond him, because even he could attest to the weakness behind human emotions, which was something he was entirely sure Prudence had, judging from her crabbiness. He wondered what would happen if she broke down and revealed everything to Yaro before it came to fruition, although the bumbling idiot would probably accept any apology thrown at him and continue to trust her, or even worse, agree that the world was worth sacrificing in order to win a stupid war.

Yaro would just stare at Klaus, his body freezing up, before looking at Prudence. "Prudence....please tell me He is lying."  Yaro asked. As Prudence should remember, Yaro had a deeply seated hatred and fear towards Demon-kind. They had cost him almost everything, including the lives of his friends and family. It would be a shock if that fear wasn't INGRAINED into his head! Taking the child, Yaro would just feel the sound of heavy drums beating in quick succession.....until he realized that the sound was his own heart. He was having a panic attack, but he couldn't risk falling victim to it right now. He had to be a king.

Yaro would make sure the child was comfortable in his arms, before looking towards Prudence. "Prudence, I am a patient man, and I like to think I can understand a lot of things....but when you are rested, I better have an explanation onto why you are looking for that thrice damned location. The Wilting Rose sealed that place away for a very good reason! They did.....this to you, one was bound to Troy, it brought her death, and they nearly cost me my life! Nothing good can come from it. "He said, cradling the child. This was an assessment of someone who understood the true horror of what the Umbra Carcerum. Yaro had felt small pangs of it first-hand, it was no wonder that he acted this way. It was a shock he was even willing to listen to an explanation!

He must really love Prudence if he was willing to confront his worst fear for her.

Chalondra would just laugh at the doctor, playing the part of an interested listener. "I must say doctor, you have an odd, but oh so amusing way of speaking! Please, could I hear more about your practices?" She asked, curiously. Though this was silenced when she saw them kissing, before a smile would break through her features. She would then stand, and approach Prudence, her own Demonic aura was present for her. "Well well, Miss Prudence.....It seems you have been keeping secrets from him? He must be quite afraid now." She said, starting the conversation with the present topic, and taking advantage of her emotional state.

"He is afraid, you know.....afraid of the power hidden in that land, afraid of what this would mean for his kingdom.....and afraid you'd abandon him once you had what you wanted." She said, looking at her hand. "My advice to you? He loves you.....just make sure he knows that. If need be, use that emotion." She said, before looking towards the doctor. "Shall we discuss this elsewhere?" She asked, before looking towards Prudence. "Oh.....and consider the Mazoku and Ishikawa Demon clans as supporting factors in your war." She said, walking out with Klaus (likely).

Lexus would just let out a laugh, before grabbing the woman from over her shoulder. "Go, Ferris. She is your family, and family should be together. I know I'd be running with my head held high if I heard that another of my clan made it out. I will take care of the youngling: Your place is not here yet." He said. If he was in her position, Lexus would openly admit he would be the first to run to aid them. If he tried to tell Ferris off for shrieking her duties to reach her sister, he would be a hypocrite. Lexus would then place the girl on his shoulder, as he made his way back to Fort Typhoon.

Yaro would approach the war room, with the child in his hands. He had to pass through the castle to reach it, but he didn't care who saw him: He needed time to think. Holding the child in his hand, he rubbed a hand over the table. He saw his map, but for the first time, he felt something in his chest.....Now, he had a purpose, a reason to fight. He knew what NEEDED to be done.....

Now....

Now he had ambition to strive forward.

"This is my Yunakai....It's cities will bow to my law...or they will burn."He said, placing a hand on the capitol. "It's mountains will bend to my will....or they will fall." He would begin looking at the land to the north, bordering the Rose Kingdom. "This is my Yunakai." He said, tracing his free hand over the land-mass and it's vast ocean access. "It's people will do as I say....or they will die......It's future will be as I decree, or it will end." He said, taking his hand off of the map, He would look down at thenewborn, before looking up. 

"I've seen what must be done.....The Rose Kingdom, Bathelon, the far-off lands we've yet to tread.....They will see Yunakai's weakened state as opportunity.....No, I will not allow it!" Yaro said, looking away from. "We will be greater, and we will be stronger! No matter what we must do, no matter what sacrifices must be made! I will not let Kuvira's poison weaken this nation any longer. " He said, taking the dagger that he had earlier. "They will not control my land anymore.....I will rip these weeds out of the land, and they shall see Yunakai for what it is meant to stand for! A people akin to the Dragons! Strong, Spirited, and Free!"He said, stabbing the dagger into the map, aiming where the army was to attack next.

"This is my Yunakai......and I will see it destroyed before I surrender it." He said, staring at where the dagger it.

The dagger was stuck right in the center of the capitol.

@Enuky K @Trombone Geek @Robyn Banks @Inheritance @DemetrioMachete

(Welcome back Robyn!)

((Digging that Fable 3 reference, Andraus. :3)

"Oh, do go on.. I will be with you shortly. I have.. Something to say to my friends." Klaus spoke to Chalondra, assuring her that he would be with her shortly. 

Ominously, he stared at Prudence, a sinister smile crossing his face. He knelt down to eye level with her, running a finger over his scars.

"It is a shame Yaro skulked off.. I wanted him to hear this more than most, right now.. But, maybe if you find him first, maybe you can relay this to his Highness." he took a deep breath. Klaus' tale would soon begin.

"Many centuries ago, my ancestor established a legacy in blood. His name was Klydebern.. and much like me, he was a Cleric of Saint Cuthbert. He is... as I have learned, quite celebrated in our Pantheon. Like most other men with weapons, at the time, he and his posse of friends skulked the world for adventure, mostly for riches and to satiate their lust for violence."

"On one particular voyage into a deep tomb, Klydebern was deemed worthy enough by Saint Cuthbert, for his willpower, his maturity.. and if my texts are to be believed, for how ordinary he was. So it was, that the God bestowed a sword upon Klydebern. It was christened the "Gray Truth." I havent been able to conduct much study on the sword.. But from what I could gather, I believe it feeds on the ideals of good and evil, and gathers strength when in the presence of those things."

"Some time after receiving the sword, Klydebern was separated from his friends, and found himself in the home realm of the demons. His face straight, and his sanity questionable from the very beginning, Klydebern sought a way home, while systematically murdering every single demon that he came across. The Gray Truth fed off their evil, and before a mere human, they were torn apart. His killing spree only ended when a powerful demon lord, in desperation to save himself from this Human, banished Klydebern from their Hell, and back to his home." Klaus' smile exposed his teeth, as he rose back up, his hands clenching and unclenching.

"And you see, Prudence. I have, through months of research, found Klydebern's tomb. It is on an island, I believe one straddling the borders between Yunakai and Bathelon.. I will have to double check my map. But! The main reason I am telling you this..." he laughed a dark, deep laugh, dusting off his coat.

"No matter how old or young these creatures inhabiting your Umbra Carcerum are, they will know the Gray Truth.. I am sure of it. Whatever it is you plan to do with them, if we obtain that sword, first.. we can make them comply through fear."

It was then, that Heinrich's smile faded. "But.. You being a mother now, and Yaro being a king, it makes me worry that neither of you will have the time or energy to help me reach my ancestor's tomb... I assure you, it would make your objective so much easier. And.. Not to mention. I am sure.. it would help that crybaby, Yaro.. to assert that oh so obvious fear, and turn it into a righteous rage." he started to back away, waving to Prudence, as though saying goodbye. "Next time you see Yaro, be sure to tell him what I told you." with that, he left the room, to follow Chalondra.

@Enuky K 

Once he had found Chalondra, Heinrich clapped his hands together, his smile returning.

"So! My practices. Are you referring to my doctorial pursuits? My nature as a Cleric? As an inquisitor? Oh! Or rather you would like to know my fascination with language? It's become a hobby of mine!" he seemed oblivious and friendly to Chalondra, as though he had ignored her demon aura from before.

@Andraus

South Yunakai--

At last, she was alone. Prudence laid still in her bed for a long minute before nestling under a mound of blankets. She wanted to be alone so that she could sleep, but now she was restless. She couldn't shake a certain dirty feeling of guilt after seeing the way Yaro took the information about her expedition. He was calm and kind to her, but she had expected him to become angry. Instead, he was more concerned about her personal health than what she'd done, and so he left her to rest before facing the issue. Prudence was very grateful for this.

Suddenly, Prudence found herself wondering if perhaps venturing to the Umbra Carcerem was too risky of an endeavor for them to pursue. No, that wasn't it. Prudence knew she believed in her mission, but something else was fueling her uncertainty now... It was Yaro. Or rather, her feelings for him. She felt an inexplicable urge to go to him and redeem herself for disappointing him, but she pushed the thoughts away.

The witch shifted in her bed, and as time went on her temperature began to rise. It wasn't long before the fever reached an alarming height, and Prudence then broke into heavy sweats. She knew she wouldn't be sleeping then due to how damp the blankets were, and if one were to look closely he would have noticed the small mound buried in the bed was rattling with chills. Her body ached in its yearning for the demonic energy it was so accustomed to. It barely seemed to function without a demonic boost. 

In an attempt to keep her mind off of her withdrawal fevers and discomfort, Prudence focused on what would be her explanation to Yaro; she knew he wouldn't forget that she owed it to him. Her stomach churned with nervousness, but then her mind returned to what Klaus said to her as he was leaving. 

Finally, Prudence decided that she couldn't wait to speak to Yaro. The witch dragged herself from the bed, pulling a blanket with her to wear around her shoulders. She was trembling and sluggish, but slowly she put one foot in front of the next to make the painful journey to Yaro's chambers, where she believed she would find him. However, to her dismay the room was empty when she arrived.

Prudence was too weakened at this point to search the halls more for Yaro, and dizziness was upon her. She felt faint, and so she did the best she could do for herself and climbed into Yaro's bed. The sick female knew something wasn't right, and inside she wished Yaro would find her. She wanted to cry out, but she couldn't. As Prudence's thoughts were fading into lifelessness, her body violently thrust about. She was having a seizure, and little did she realize it would soon be the end. 

Once the seizure reached its close, the small figure at the center of Yaro's bed laid still. From the war room, her baby would start to cry. Surely the thing wasn't aware its mother had breathed her last breath?

@Andraus @DemetrioMachete 

(Im only posting this one for now because of how the awesome new site updates cant save drafts across multiple device)

Bathelon--

Cecile gave the dagger a hard shaking and attempted her spell one last time before deciding to give up. Satisfied in the small blade, Cecile kept it. Edwin was also happy with his blade. Now she and Edwin each faced Lance then as he spoke about their next plan of action. Cecile's eyes lit up when he talked about collecting their things; it meant they would soon begin the journey into South Yunakai. To her it was not only an important journey, but her only hope of maintaining sanity. Her excitement was barely containable, unlike Edwin who remained collected. 

When Lance made his final remarks about carrying one's weight, Cecile's excitement faded and she sent Lance a mean look. She knew such a comment could only be directed at her. Meanwhile, Edwin chuckled at both Cecile's irritation as well as Lance's considerations. He, too, knew who rightful receiver of the message was. 

"I'll bring what I want", Cecile snapped at Lance before hastily leaving in the direction of her quarters. Edwin followed closely behind her, shrugging his shoulders at Lance but not saying anything to him as he passed. He didn't want to risk irritating the princess by saying anything aloud to him. The two returned to their chambers to prepare for the journey. 

If Lance wasn't willing to baby the princess, her knight certainly was. When the two returned to Lance Cecile was empty handed, but Edwin was carrying both sacks and Cecile's broomstick on his back. He made no complaints about this as they entered the room, accustomed to doing such for the girl. After all, the princess didn't need to carry her own things-- or at least that was how Edwin felt about it. Cecile was dressed in a long, brown tunic with black tights. It was warm and lightweight, perfect for the early Autumn. Edwin was dressed in a set of lightweight armor.

"I don't mind carrying things for a lady", Edwin muttered, criticizing the Bathelon king. 

"When will we go?" The curly headed female quipped impatiently at Lance. She appeared too distracted by their imminent adventure to notice Edwin's comment or even to remember Lance's remark from earlier. 

@Trombone Geek

Ferris grinned and turned to leave. "Thanks, boss!" she called, racing off. It would take a day at most to reach Bathelon if she decided a steady walking pace, but in this manner it would only be a few hours at most. And after a few hours, Ferris burst into a random Bathelonian shop, earning odd looks from people on the street. "I've got an urgent request," she called for show as she quickly shut the door behind her.

"Dear Mizuki, why didn't you tell me you were alive?!" she demanded, smiling and snatching her sister into a hug suddenly. "Lexus, the Lance of the Mazoku, tipped me off. Thanks to him for reuniting us, eh? I doubt you would've stepped away from your research long enough to discover I was alive too," she joked. Ferris was incredibly happy to have her sister back.

///

Lance glanced cooly at Edwin after his remark. "Yes, well I suppose the princess can go about being babied and never learn independence, then," he replied dryly, but otherwise didn't comment on the scene. "We'll leave now, actually," Lance responded to the princess. He himself was wearing plain clothing underneath some light leather armor, with his longsword strapped to his side and a dagger at his thigh.

"We will take horses to the edge of Bathelonian lands, and after that we're completely on our own," he stated as he led the way to the stables. "Hopefully we'll be at the border before nightfall. Choose whichever horse you like," he added, although there were only three. "These are our best horses; since we might run into trouble, it'd be nice to outrun whatever chases us. And if there's a delay, they should last." It was good to have a comfortable ride, just to make the walking section of the journey a lot easier and the traveling a bit faster.

Bathelon--

Cecile was hurt then by what Lance had to say about her. She didn't understand what was so wrong with Edwin carrying her things, but it was clear that Lance was very disappointed in it. The Rose princess's cheeks became nicely reddened again, and she avoided his gaze. Truthfully, she just didn't want to lug her stuff around for a long journey. It would slow her down, she thought, finally managing to shrug the king's opinions away while they headed towards the stables. 

When they reached the royal stables, Edwin was the first to choose a horse, but Cecile lingered behind and paced the entryway anxiously. She really didn't know how to ride a horse on her own, having always had that taken care of by the servants and knights. However, the princess desperately wanted to keep this from Lance. deciding it would be another example of her dependence to criticize. 

"Can't I fly?" Cecile asked. 

Edwin frowned and quickly rejected the statement, "no, you cannot. Don't you see the way we have you dressed? You're supposed to be maintaining a low profile, and flying will only draw attention to yourself", he explained and paused. His frowned deepened, "However", he began while turning to Lance.He held a hand up dismissively, already preparing for any potential complaints from the king about what he had to say, "the princess cannot ride her own horse. She could have an, er, episode, and be injured. It's in her best interest to ride with you. so that I can respond quickly to any situations". Indeed, the princess would be a nuisance in an emergency situation. 

The knight didn't wait for a response from Lance and instead mounted his horse. He tugged the reins of the large, powerful horse, and trotted from the stables to wait for the other two. He didn't know anything about her lack of formal horseback training, and Cecile was secretly relieved to have been saved the embarrassment, She only hoped that she could make it through the trip without one of them discovering this truth. Cecile made no complaints about the way Edwin addressed her condition, something a bit unusual for her. She smiled and stepped nearer to Lance, "which one should we use?" she asked. 

@Trombone Geek @Andraus @DemetrioMachete ( @Robyn Banks we're heading your way, sorry for the delay)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back