• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overlord - Message From Another Time (REDUX) - Main Thread

Lord Moldoma

Professional Sweetypie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A Note Across Another Plane - I​

DMMO-RPG. Or, Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game.
In the year 2138 remaining portions of the natural world were a distinctly rare commodity. The natural world, for the average person, had been fully obscured and destroyed by the mass industrialization of the late information age. In combination with the gravitation towards a Corporation-run series of world governments, the world of the 22nd century found solace in the form of virtual reality entertainment. The DMMO-RPG allowed one to jack themselves into a fictional setting with elements that the average human would never get to experience in the real world, via a direct neural-nano interface monitored by a virtual reality helmet. Born from this basic idea came multiple games, such as Aderage, a mech/battlesuit based combat game with a hard-core ranking system. Or the more intense "World of Hate", which was akin to a more surreal RPG similar to the classic 21st century games OFF or Space Funeral, albeit fully in VR.
But the game that undeniably towered over all others and proved time and time again to be the ultimate DMMO-RPG was inarguably "YGGDRASIL."
YGGDRASIL was a game of exploration, and so many things were mysteries left unknown for players to discover on their own or in groups. It was a game where all you were told was the controls before being thrown into the deep end. In other words, the unique thing about YGGDRASIL was the incredible amount of freedom given to the players compared to any other DMMO-RPGs out there. YGGDRASIL's massive setting and mass of options meant that players had the chance to truly express themselves in a world built for roleplay and exploration, in a way that the real world wasn't. Even if it was undeniably pay to win, with enough work, even a player with little money could come to be successful and powerful in their own right.
The game had been active since its release in 2126 AD and until 2138 AD. In the current year, 2138, however, the game's community by then already lost the vibrancy it once had. As a result, the remaining players still playing YGGDRASIL met their final day online.

In the inner sanctums of the Logos guild hall lie the Roundtable room. It was a large circular room composed of a dark, glossy black material, with a large circular table made of the same material, sitting in the center, the room illuminated by the bright light which shone out of the top of the table. There were 30 thronelike black chairs arranged around the table. Only 4 were occupied. It had been a long time since the golden age of the Logos guild, in fact, the 4 remaining members were all that was left of the member-base. Along with their NPCs, they were all that populated the halls of the guildhall.

"So that's it then? It's over...? I've spent more of my time living out my life in this game than I have in reality..." Restless Dreamer, the guild leader sat in one of the chairs, holding a round palladium coin with a small ruby embedded squarely in the center, shined and cut to perfection. A piece of treasure from the remaining group-members' final raid on another guild hall. To be fair, it wasn't worth all that much to her other than as a piece of memorabilia. She tossed the coin up and caught it. "What do you think we oughta do? We've got maybe... I don't know... 15 minutes left? Not enough time for anything big I wouldn't think." She tells her fellow guildmembers, looking around the room.

RD was a strange case when it came to the community. She was friendly, and outgoing, but she played a character who was a ruthless, combo-hungry, demon king of monsters, whom death followed in her very wake. In a one on one match she was nearly unbeatable unless someone explicitly had a good counter for her (Ergo why one of the first people she befriended and allied with was BringMeGiants) and even then, assuming both sides were giving it their all, it'd still be a tough battle. RD had become known for being able to land combo attacks on opponents in ways that felt more like an old 2D fighting game, like Mugen, than a DMMORPG like YGGDRASIL. At her strongest, her attacks were compared to as feeling like the target was being 'attacked by hundreds of martial artists all at once from every direction.'

But overwhelming power didn't mean anything if there was nothing to fight for. All of her wealth, all of her strength. It all felt like a moot point. It was all just the digital code of a dying RPG... Sooner or later she'd have to go back to the real world. Wearing a respiration mask to keep from dying from the toxic fumes, as she made her daily commute to and from work every day. Stuck in a body she didn't want, in a world she didn't want to live in.

She didn't know what she'd do whenever she got out of YGGDRASIL. It had been everything worth living for... No, it had been her life itself, for the past decade. So many adventures, so many achievements, all to be decayed away like dust in the wind, leaving nothing behind but memories.

BringMeGiants lounges in his chair, a soft smile on his face. He wasn't nearly as agitated about the game's end as Restless Dreamer was. He'd had good times playing as the game's 'superman', and there'd been plenty of highs and lows to remember. He remembered when he would walk the overworld, just, with his full strength. Feeling he ground *shake* under each step. He had the highest physical stats in the game, and it showed when he could collapse a dungeon just by punching it hard enough. It was a nice break from the world of the corporate backrooms, where you have to keep your head down, have to lie and cheat and wheel and deal to keep your head above water, and your neck away from the chopping block.

But there'd be other games, he knew. He'd heard of a new Sci-Fi DMMO coming out soon. Perhaps...?

"Well, I'm thinking of migrating over to Symphony of Stars, the new Sci-fi game coming out. The Attuned class looks pretty fun, playing as a Jedi and all that. We could restart the guild there?"

Sargiroth/ Alex
Mentions:

b2144cf5b1e324d5cb014beda44663f80ae668d5.jpg

The world was ending, in a few more minutes it would be lights out, at least until the sequel came out, hopefully with better facial animations. Really that lack of being able to display emotions was the most frustrating thing, you spend forever making a cute avatar only to find out she will eternally look slightly bored because you can't change expressions. Really Alex had spend a lot of data crystals on his character looks and she had never smiled not even once. The fact he couldn't fully immerse himself in the body of his character was another draw back. Still given she was normally a huge fish being his character might not be the best idea. Sargiroth looked to Rd the guild master, of course she would be just about the last one to leave and Alex had debated if he would log on or not, but well he was terminally online anyways and what was he going to do the world was dying? Really that was one reason that Alex wanted a full dive game so he could get away from the rotting world of earth even for a little bit. Then BringMeGiants spoke up about another MMO that could be fun.

" We should just enjoy our time here, who knows how many other guilds are doing the same or trying one last raid or attack on some abandoned guild hall." Sargiroth send the text messages were one thing Alex never got as was voice proximity chat really that much to ask for they had it in games from the 2020's " Who knows we might just end up in another world LOL :)" Sargiroth sent remember the now ancient trend of manga that had people going to other worlds.

A Note Across Another Plane - II​

RD thought about it for a very brief moment. What was Sargiroth on about, again? Another world. She hadn't really read or watched a lot of manga/anime from the 2020's. She was always really into the 70's - 2010's, 2050's-2070's, and 2100's anime, but not really a lot of isekai or anime that had come out around that time. She eventually realized that was what he meant, but not after a moment of thinking.

"Ha. Like I'd be lucky enough." She says. "What kind of isekai plot starts without someone dying by getting hit by a truck? Isn't that how all of them start?" RD asked. Localized chat was designated by sub-worlds of YGGDRASIL, you could have a guild channel, but anyone in the guild hall or just the guild in general could hear it. So it wasn't really private in the same way that a proximity chat could be. Damn administration was probably too lazy to even consider it.

She always had a love/hate relationship with the administration, in that way. On one hand, they'd kept the servers up well past the prime of the game's popularity.

On the other hand, they hadn't really updated the game since the Fallen Valkyrie update, and had been running the servers to milk every last dollar they could out of the most loyal members of the playerbase.

"I mean, I think some of them change it up by having people die in a DMMO these days. But I mean, c'mon, what's gonna kill us? Each other?"

BringMeGiants barks out a laugh, shaking his head at the thought. He was pretty sure that even if they tried, they couldn't manage finishing each other off in the small amount of time they had left. They were too tough for that kind of thing. He waves a hand dismissively, grinning.

"Nah, nah. Let's just enjoy this, at least."

He pours out some drinks, from an old bottle of booze looted from the biggest Brewing Guild's base a few years back. With the flick of a hand, he slides them out to his fellow guild-members, before raising his glass to the air, swirling the amber liquid within the glass cup.

"To the good times of old, and to the good times to come, eh? See you all on the other side of wherever we'll end up gaming next."

Sargiroth/ Alex
Mentions:

Alex was glad the others got his joke about another world. It would be so nice to wake up in another world, but well this was reality and those were stories made to entertain in another time. There was not much to do but to wait for the end . Time was coming to an end and perhaps they would all meet again as of course they would have to find some new way to kill their free time. It seemed more and more life would be lived in the chair as it was surprising work spaces hadn't bothered to just make all work virtual.

" Many started by working to death, sadly i don't think any of us will die from over working today" Sagrioth said before picking up the bottle a little annoyed at the limitations of the game. It would be good to taste what he drank. " To the next game" He said raising the bottle as well all the while time slowly ticked away the end drawing closer and closer.

Sanson

Sanson finally managed to log on after multiple failed attempts. Stupid game wouldn't even tell him WHY he couldn't connect. It wasn't like this was a popular game anymore. YGGDRASIL's glory days were far behind it. While that sucked for those that practically lived here like the Logos Guild. Most others used it as a chance to post unfunny memes about the good times they had. Sanson had made a point to downvote each of those memes. He'd managed to arrive just in time to find that only three of his guildmates had come to reminisce. Likely everyone else had moved on to bigger and better pastures. Sighing before kicking a chair into the air with his hands in his pockets. Sanson sat down in the chair once it had flipped through the air and next to his comrades. Hearing their conversation on the topic of moving to another world. All Sanson could do was shrug and give a non-committal grunt.

"I was able to make a tidy profit by selling rare items to players who wanted to feel like they achieved something before this game goes dark. That should make for a nice little hoard... at least until I see the next interesting gacha" said Sanson, sharing his tale with his guildmates. Hopefully the next game they all played together wouldn't have such terrible rules around experience loss. YGGDRASIL had given him more than one heart attack over losing hours of progress because a bunch of griefers wanted to bend him like a virtual pretzel. Looking at the countdown with a squint and puffed cheeks. Sanson gazed at the others as they were in this moment for the last time.

A Note Across Another Plane - III​

"Giants says he wanted to suggest Symphony of the stars." Dreamer looks to Sanson, the crossing arms emote playing, as if to signify her disdain for the situation. Rightfully so, of course, since probably 50% of the money she'd made in the past 10 years went into playing this game. "If you do move on from YGGDRASIL, it might be a good bet. I hear a few of the admins who jumped ship after the Valkyrie update moved over to work on it. But I'm intent on staying here until YGGDRASIL shuts off."

"I haven't done a lot of research on the game. I hear they have a psychic class called an Esper, kind of like in YGG, or World of Hate did, so I might go for that if I decide to join you... Not that anything in World of Hate was really like anything else I've ever played... What a fucking trip..." Dreamer says. If things had been different, she probably would've become a hardcore WoH player, but even for someone who played as absurd of a character as a non-descript "monster"/Demon who used karate to finish fights, WoH was just too surreal. "Symphony is a new gen game, so I assume they'll be using a much more complex engine. I can only hope it gives more room to interact with the world around the player."

"That's the thing about this too... It kinda feels like, in the end, no matter what I did, I lost." Dreamer says. "Even if we have the memories, they never actually did the 'Eater of Worlds' event." She explains. "I went through all this trouble, gathering the strongest and best players, collecting hundreds of Legendary and Divine class Items, and at least 14 World Items, for my own protection originally of course course, dedicating nearly a third of my life to the game, and yet, in the end, all that really came of it was a virtual catacomb full of reminders of glory days I can't even fathom how I'd relive."

"Even if we move over to Symphony of the Stars, and I become the most powerful esper in the whole damn game. It won't change the fact that 10 years of my life playing this damn game are behind me now. And I can't get that back... I'm 29 now. And I live in a world surrounded by pollution, war, corruption, and oppression."

"My parents died of overworking, and all of the food tastes like shit."

"So I'm gonna wait it out until the last minute... And then-"She remained silent "..."

It was an unhealthy addiction, the game. She'd been fired at least once for poor punctuality, and she barely went outside. It was like being hooked up to some sort of twisted life support system. She needed it, it was what fueled her point of living.

"... Dreamer, nothing lasts forever. That's... that's just life. We had really good times, really fucking good times. You go back a few years and there isn't a player in the game who wouldn't wish they were one of us. Yeah, this is where it ends for YGGDRASIL, but that's no reason to let everything end here, is it?"

He... doesn't really get everything. BMG had lived a pretty insulated life from all the shit outside. Being a corpo exec had that kinda perk. But he did, at least, know how it feels to have... this deep sense of ennui. That it all wasn't worth anything and nothing matters.

"You gotta keep going. World's shit. Life's shit. But you give up, it wins. You win by carrying on, one step, one day at a time. You had 10 years of fun, and you can either have only those 10, or fine another 10 years in somewhere, something else."

Sargiroth/ Alex
Mentions:

Alex really didn't like the money based attitude of Sanson it always seemed to him to be a very un fun way to play. It turned what was a break from jobs into a job itself. Alex didn't want to know how not having a normal job and working in game only would turn everything into a profit loss equation. Well Sanson managed it somehow.

Dreamer was thinking of how they had spent their time. The view was rather negitive this place was no tomb and in truth to Alex no time was wasted. He would say time was more wasted at work or in the real world. Practically everyone here had no education beyond middle school and was trapped in some shitty job.

"I would say you are wrong dreamer, at least in this having been lost time. Lost time is a world with nothing to do and even when you do something it is nothing a computer can't do better and faster. The worl is a world of busy work to make the person above you look good. At least here there was something built that lasted longer than most things done in real life." Sarigoth said " Perhaps if we meet in space I can be another monster disgused as a maid or a little girl a shoggith could be fun " sarigoth said adding in a laugh emogi as the seconds slid away moments more and the game would shut down.

Sanson

"I agree with Giants and Sargiroth. Bitching and moaning about your glory days in YGGDRASIL makes you sound like you peaked in middle school. There are still mountains of games out there to distract us from the modern world" replied Sanson while throwing his arms in the air. Naturally he was going to find one with the most satisfying gameplay loop. That way he could grind in peace. Dreamer was acting like everything was absolutely meaningless now that their favorite MMO was going under. Still their complaints were pretty much the norm for the colorful dystopia they lived in. Dead parents, shit jobs and air that was less than breathable. Sanson could tell Dreamer was just ranting. So he did his best to let Giants and Sargiroth deal with it.

He could also tell how little Sargiroth approved of his rare item escapades. He'd been doing it for a while now, even before the announcement that the game was closing down. The money was good and it would always be there in some form. A side effect of dystopia was people were willing to waste their disposable income on virtual items just so they could feel some sense of fulfillment. Their desire for positive brain chemicals was incredibly profitable for the Sanson's of the world. Though even if he drifted and grifted his way around the forums. There was still some things he wouldn't give up for even absurd amounts of money. "Mere seconds away from the countdown ending. Any last thoughts before these virtual skinsuits we inhabit are reduced to nothing?" asked Sanson whilst spamming the :coolshades: and 🍆 emoji's.

A Note Across Another Plane - IV​

“… I’ve said my piece. I guess I’m sorry for bitching so much about it…” She uncrosses her arms. Setting her face down, chin propped up lazily by both of her hands. She internally looked at the clock on the GUI. The game was supposedly set to deactivate at 12:00, sharp. Which meant the group had a little bit lest than 15 seconds.

"I'll try to keep an open mind." She closed her eyes. In that moment, her mind wandered aimlessly between topics, just trying to deny the inevitable end... What does it feel like to be shut out of a simulation so suddenly? She had only ever played YGGDRASIL, and a little bit of World Of Hate, so she never knew. Does it feel like when your heart drops from avarice? Or is it more like a sudden shock from a taser?

What is purpose. Do we as humans define our purpose? What drives us to live as we do? Is it a hunger for completion? For fulfillment? Does it even have any more meaning than particles interacting with others at random?

Who's to say our reality is definitive and concrete. Who's to say it's the only reality? With mere seconds on the clock ticking down, the destruction of everything that the Logos Guild had worked for was fast approaching. While its hard to speak for the others, it could be said that this hit RD in a way that no normal human -- who wasn't addicted and fully consumed by playing the game -- would actually feel. She felt no happiness anymore when she left the game world. She only worked because she still needed to eat and pay rent in her drab, musty apartment. She spent every moment of her free time in the game. It was going cold turkey, to suddenly have the game torn away from you.

Even if her friends could move on, she couldn't.
10 Seconds...
9 Seconds...
8 Seconds...
The time suddenly started counting again. Was there some sort of mistake?

Sargiroth
Mentions:

It's all over but the crying, the now ancient western song came to Alex's mind as the last few moments passed and before he knew it there were less than 10 seconds left. There were no more words left to say.
The world ended as Alex closed his eyes and then it was still there. Okay that was odd, maybe it was a screw up in the automated systems. It would be going back any seconds now.... any second now. Sarigoth frowned then realized what she was doing. Faces couldn't change that was an annoying rule of the game you could not emote beyond the ones given by the game masters. Faces were limited to one expression that never changed that was just the limits of technology.

" What is going on on?" She asked before realizing her voice was not that of a man's but just how she had thought her voice would be if her disgues form could speak. She sounded like a girl. " This ... wait" She said as she realized she was now a she. Well gender had never been a thing she had defined herself by so goign from one to the other was just fine. " Fuck yeah i was right isaki " She cheered the excitement clear in her force and she fist bumped the air

"It's probably just a bug."

BMG brings up the profile menu... or at least tries to, the man furrowing his brow. And then he realizes he was furrowing his brow. He stands up, looking around, confused. The last few moments of the countdown had happened so... why were they all still here? What the HELL was going on here?!

"... Wait. What the fuck?"

Sanson

With the countdown officially ended and everyone freaking out over supposedly being transported to another world. All Sanson could think was that he was kinda bummed that he didn't really get to spend the windfall he had gained from his rare item sales. That fat stack of digital currency was now tucked away in his digital vault. The protocols he put in place meant that if he didn't check on it twice a day, it would be gone. Not in a way where it'd be collected by the government that is. Sanson had made sure that not a cent of his hard earned money would go to the people actively ruining the planet. Instead he had set up a system where all of his wealth would be given to a random insurgent group via an up to date randomizer. Immediately after, his devices were primed to burn down the apartment with all of his stuff in it. Financing domestic terrorism and potentially burning an entire apartment complex sounded pretty extreme. However Sanson did not like the idea of people taking his stuff just because something or other might have happened to him.

"Well lets think positively. Did we really have anything worthwhile going on in that crapsack world we lived in before? Now we might have come somewhere just a little less terrible. Which could not only be fun... but also incredibly PROFTIABLE" stated the now for reals dragon-person. Though he preferred not looking like a big lizard so he kept his more humanoid form. Dreamer was their leader so he probably go along with whatever plan she came up with.

Dreamer moves her head around, popping her neck, and does the equivalent of a snort, the odd glowing cracks that cover her body blasting out a little bit of crackly light from her shoulders. She looks at her fingers, and moves them around, she looks around her body, and moves around in a few stressing and straining positions, the combination of tough skin in between plate-like dermal armor expanding and contracting, occasionally spurts of energy would crackle out from the glowing, cracklike apertures.

"Jeez. Did my character really not stretch in the mornings or something? That shouldn't be making those noises." She says. " As much as I'd like to imagine we'd been Isekai-ed into a fantasy world, We can't be for sure that this is some strange hallucination until we check if it is... My body seems fine, it looks how I'd expect... So that's passed one reality check... Now... Do any of you have any books in your inventory?"

Last edited:
Sargiroth

Sargiroth honestly hadn't thought of illusions or bugs simply because well how would either of those change the game do much in an instant. She felt the most insane answer was correct here as well they were all having the exact same experience. Even in cases of mass delusion people experienced the illusion differently. This had to be a new reality a new world hopefully free of the destruction of the old. Sargiroth did have family back in the old world it only struck her now. Being the youngest member of this group she had likely the most living relatives. Yet Sargiroth did really feel the urge to go back. Alex was likely dead in the chair or if he was alive he likely was unaware of this having logged out just fine. Thinking about which of them was real could make ones head hurt. Sargiroth decided to just let it go Alex could be Alex she wouldn't be him.

" Yeah I have one... hmm" Sargiroth realized no menus so how did she get into her invitory? Sargiroth reached out thinking of what she wanted and where. A black void appeared as she reached out her hand entering it. Graphing around she found the book in am instant and pulled it out.

"Here we are I remember why I never used it" she said as the book was special it was player made and granted a single skill. The book itself was pink and covered in hearts with the silhouette of a succubus on the front. The skill was seduction Sargiroth had thought it might be helpful but had ended up never needing it.

Sargiroth moved over to dreamer "here you go" she said holding the book out.

Dreamer proceeded to take the book and examine it. The artistic depiction of a succubus on the cover seemed familiar. In fact, they remembered that this was borderline one of the required items for the succubus class as it was originally meant to be played in the game. However, RD had made a B-line to super-sadist after spawning in as a Succubus originally. It was almost nostalgic to be holding the very book in her hands that other players considered almost tantamount to a successful succubus player.

It was telling that Dreamer didn't carry any books in her inventory. As a monk, often you were expected to get in tune with either your inner spirit, or the spirit of nature, and reading was a good way to do that. Dreamer's particular build said fuck all to that, praying on being as disconnected and brutal as possible. Though in the early days she was definitely a chaotic evil, omnicidal maniac, it eventually became apparent that making a core change to her personage was important, so she ended up more lawful evil by the end of the game.

She opens it up flips through a few pages, and closes the book, sighing. "Well, I've got news and bad news." She tosses the book back to Sargiroth. "The news is that I can read it. The bad news is that the book is an enchanted ero-doujin. I could see the pictures moving. And I smelled what was happening."

"So, on one hand, we know this is real, since books don't work in dreams. It's kind of like AI images creating jumbled text." She says. "On the other hand, I don't think I can enjoy vanilla Doujins anymore."

BMG taps something on the guild table, furrowing his brow. He wasn't looking at the book at all, he was looking for something completely different. He activates one of the utility functions on the Guild's table, a basic scrying vision that allowed them to examine the landscape around their dungeon for approaching enemy guilds, random NPC encounters, monsters, the works. The image pops up above the table as a holographic field, slowly resolving into coherency.

And then BMG's jaw drops open at what the fucking fuck he is seeing.

Sanson

Sanson watched all of this go down with all the enthusiasm of a someone in their mid-20's attending a childrens birthday party. Sure the conventional entertainment is goddam awful. That doesn't mean that the unconventional entertainment of kids trying to beat each other with their hard-plastic toys wasn't enjoyable in its own way. When Dreamer attempted to test her perceptions of their new reality with a DOUJIN of all things. All Sanson could do was stifle a laugh. Then her mentioning that she may not be able to enjoy regular doujin sent him off the rails. "AHAAHAAHAAAAAAAA *wheeze* Oh god I didn't think I'd be able to run out of breath but you were able to get that out of me regardless!" spurted a wide eyed Sanson, slapping his knee and genuinely feeling the sensation. Noticing Giants was freaking out over on his end. Sanson slid his seat on over and put an arm around the guy. "Hey hey buddy... cooooool those jets before you overheat that engine. Shits gotten real fucky, thats for sure. Losing your head ain't gonna fix much. I recommend popping around in your inventory for a couple of pick me ups. They were just a couple of 1's and 0's before. Now we might be able to enjoy some fine libations" uttered the swordsman. Pulling out his fine stuff that was obvious far more expensive than whatever the others had on hand. Sanson refilled Giants chalice before downing his own.

Sargiroth

Sargiroth really hadn't expected her book to turn into what it did . Before it was just a skill book something you clicked and gained a skill not something with actual writing let alone a sensory experience. Well at least this wasn't some strange shared dream they really must be in another world. Well that was good at least they weren't going crazy. BMG it seemed had decided to look outside though should things still not be the same? Still if they were in another world there might be one issues no one had thought of.

" Um if we are in a new world where what we had is now real... what about the NPC's?" Sargiroth asked as she realized they might have been made into real beings as well and thus ttheir base was now full of beings who might not be happy about having been possessions of the guild members " If they can think now we might be in trouble" She continued while it was unlikely maybe just maybe a few NPC's might dislike them. If that was true well she could dominate them.

BMG taps something on the guild table, furrowing his brow. He wasn't looking at the book at all, he was looking for something completely different. He activates one of the utility functions on the Guild's table, a basic scrying vision that allowed them to examine the landscape around their dungeon for approaching enemy guilds, random NPC encounters, monsters, the works. The image pops up above the table as a holographic field, slowly resolving into coherency.

And then BMG's jaw drops open at what the fucking fuck he is seeing.
"What, what is it?! Did the map stop working?" RD asks. "Are we in the middle of a desert full of giant shadow people?" They never had that in YGGDRASIL, but I guess it was just the most terrifying thing RD could think up right at the time. "Is the guildbase considered enemy territory now?"
Sargiroth

Sargiroth really hadn't expected her book to turn into what it did . Before it was just a skill book something you clicked and gained a skill not something with actual writing let alone a sensory experience. Well at least this wasn't some strange shared dream they really must be in another world. Well that was good at least they weren't going crazy. BMG it seemed had decided to look outside though should things still not be the same? Still if they were in another world there might be one issues no one had thought of.

" Um if we are in a new world where what we had is now real... what about the NPC's?" Sargiroth asked as she realized they might have been made into real beings as well and thus ttheir base was now full of beings who might not be happy about having been possessions of the guild members " If they can think now we might be in trouble" She continued while it was unlikely maybe just maybe a few NPC's might dislike them. If that was true well she could dominate them.
"it-It was agreed upon that they'd be mostly written as being subservient. The only one who's a little out of control is decidedly sealed up in the 9th floor." Dreamer tells sargiroth in a rather frantic tone. "But even then, they were designed to have a self-destruct command built in for the guild leader... Who's me..." She says, putting her hand to her chin.

"L-Let me check something." she moves her hand over to the table and opens up the same display of the guildbase and the surrounding area.

She remains silent for a few moments. "The map isn't marked with anything in particular. And it definitely isn't a place in Yggdrasil, I know that for a fact." Dreamer tells the rest of the group.

"We have a range of about a mile around the guildhall that can automatically detect living things in addition to the normal map capabilities..." She says. "Nothings going through that area other than the ocasional wild animal, but the terrain doesn't make any sense. I am certain. 100%, that this is not the world of YGGDRASIL."

"Do um-..do any of you have access to magic that can manipulate the tenth tier enchantment on the ground floor?"

Sargiroth

Well it seemed that they had not just been moved into the game, but had been sent into another world with their guild hall imposed upon another location. Well that worked out well enough an inn in a random location surely could not be that strange? Well maybe it was Sargiroth didn't really study the middle ages where such inns might exist. Well for long as they could all act as human then things should be fine. Sargiroth assumed the world was like most fantasy ones and somehow humans despite being humans were in charge. It was not based in any logic beyond hey that happened in stories and they were following the beats of a story now. Sanson seemed to be taking it as well as she was with RD and BMG being the ones excited. even the NPCs were only something of an issue to be worried about. Sargrioth could always dominate them, it was a special weakness to counter other forms of mind control as no one was going to be able to beat her in terms of psionic might so letting her into the mind of all the NPCS had been bright. Not that they could have stopped her her as she could even get by normal immunity to her powers. They needed information about the world that was for sure, and well an Inn was the best way to get that and Sargiroth had a few tricks up her sleeves.

" If you took any levels in brewer then you might be able to actually make your own Sanson" Sargiroth chuckled though that was now possible and her maid classes all 15, thanks to her items, were now likely translatable to real life skills. The idea of really truly using the inn as well an inn for camouflage could really work out. She would have to see if any of the NPC's could do anything beyond fight some flavor skills that could help in running things.

" I think i am the highest level caster here and sadly i am not specialized into that school of magic" Sargiroth said as sanson also was something of a caster but he hadn't made it to tenth teir. " Still I can apply a few mind altering glyphs that will cause whatever effects we want" In game these runes had been used to mess with GUI but their flavor text which now likely took priority was so much more interesting.

" We do need more information so after drinks who wants to do some scouting?" Sargiroth asked as if they had humans nearby they could extract information one way or another.
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back