• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Outback (Pokemon RP)

Borkus Lazorus

788c5aa082d09aca46dc2fd5daf3eaadaef3a474_hq.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to IDCRI

(-0-) Reclaiming our past, for a better future (-0-)

About IDCRI
IDCRI or the Indigo Dark Continent Reconnaissance Initiative is a successor organisation to the KRRC (Kanto Recon Rangers Corps) created by Head Governor Satoshi of Kanto and Governer Takashi of Johto after the 20th anniversary of the Indigo Alliance, in the year, 1521 N.B. The IDCRI was formed after a congress hearing in the Indigo Plateau organised by Professor Oak and Professor Elm, after the first expedition in 1520 into Theta-8 or the remnants of what was formerly known as Russia.

After discovery of numerous pre-brink technologies located inside Theta-8, the Indigo Congress made a decision to fund a 50 year organised expedition effort into the Dark Continents, for scientific and political purposes.

Today, IDCRI has over 1263 surveyors under its employ and has over 450 outposts constructed inside multiple Dark Continents that surround Kanto and Johto. IDCRI has been responsible for over multiple modern technological and scientific breakthroughs in many poke-biology and poke-technological fields. IDCRI has also been responsible for the official discovery and inauguration of the Orre Region.

The main mission parameters of IDCRI are as follows.

1. To protect the interests of the Indigo League from any threats that may emerge from the Dark Continents.
2. To reclaim and capture any pre-brink technology for government use.
3. To gather scientific data and recordings from the Dark Continents.
4. If possible, achieve peaceful contact and cooperation with isolated sects of humanity.
About the Dark Continents
The Dark Continents are the official scientific term for large land masses surrounding all official designated regions, usually apart by sea or by mountain ranges. Common characteristics of Dark Continents are often being densely populated with wild Pokemon, having large tracts of abandoned urban areas and having extreme enviromental conditions considered unsafe for most humans and pokemon to live in. Scientists have observed that the biological ecosystems within the Dark Continents are very extreme and have served to accelerate the rate of evolution and natural selection of Pokemon species within these areas, thereby resulting in a high number of species co-existing together.

Ample evidence confirms that the Dark Continents are indeed the remnants of pre-Brink countries that were divided up amongst each other, both from historical artifacts discovered by surveyor teams and records held secretively by Indigo League members.

It is a mandated law by the Indigo League Congress that anyone who does not possess a license to enter the Dark Continents is forbidden to enter it. To break the law is considered treason.

Dark Continents are separated into zones controlled by each region. IRDCI is currently under jurisdiction of the Theta and Gamma Continent, or what were formerly known as Russia and Japan. Each zone is designated numerically in order with a Greek alphabet labeling the region. IDCRI currently has outposts and surveyors currently located in Theta-2, Theta-5 and Theta-8.
About Surveyors
Surveyors are the term for the main workforce of the IDCRI, paid contractors that have been given license to enter the Dark Continents and work under the IDCRI. Surveyors are normally recruited from a pool consisting of civilians, former rangers, former A.C.E agents, former pokemon trainers and scientists.

Surveyors are designated to a outpost with a team of four other surveyors for the purposes of cooperation. Surveyors can be transferred from outpost to outpost at a whim with the rotation cycles being monthly. Most high-priority areas have long term veteran surveyors which stay there for a period of a year or two.

The recruiting process and examinations for surveyors are tedious and thorough, with a passing rate of only 50% at best. The low return rates that marked the beginning of the initiative have increased considerably, thanks to the use of pokemon and technological advancements. Wash-outs usually find employment in non-surveyor roles to help the IDCRI. The rest that pass are sent to low-priority outposts to await rotation to higher-priority outposts. Surveyors that have been contracted by IDCRI for 5-6 years are considered veteran surveyors that are placed in high-priority areas.

Surveyors have a wide variety of skills and are expected to have the following.
- Be able to command a wide array of pokemon with genuine display of pokemon aptitude.
- Operate accurately in high-stress scenarios.
- Have basic acumen in several STEM fields.
- Ability to cooperate and work effectively with other surveyors.
- Have above-average fitness and physical condition.

Interested in becoming a Surveyor? Contact 1-45-156-492-4390 or sign up at your local IDCRI Office today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purpose of this thread is to garner interest. I am currently under the process of undergoing official examinations for the next month or so, so the character nor the IC thread will not be created as of yet. The plot is still undergoing as well. The intricacies of the RP and the world this will be set in is still being deliberated in me. It is not going to be related to the setting of my past Pokemon RPs but still possesses some similarity to it as well.

This interest thread serves to act as a personal world-building thread for any suggestions you may have or want for this RP, along as a question thread as well.

The basic gist of the plot is that you are a Surveyor who has just been recruited and assigned to a five-man-team in a outpost located in Theta-8 or what was formerly known as the country, Russia. Your tasks are to observe and analyse the local environment, reclaim and capture items of high importance , do excursions into unknown areas and regularly patrol your designated area for any threats. According to your superiors.

The RP will mainly be focused and linear, with commands given from IDCRI as the main objective of each mission that the Surveyor Team will do. Sandbox opportunities are being planned, but keep in mind, I am not a miracle worker. I am a angsty teenage fuck.

The RP mainly takes place in Theta-8. Theta-8 is a area of Russia that was formerly known as Vladivostok, one of the largest cities in Russia and the primary administrative area. Large amounts of urban ruins are still intact within the area, protected by the large roves of wild pokemon that roam the streets and the expert building of Pre-Brink architects. Ancient technology and ruins are rife for the taking here, in Theta-8.

RULES

1. A basic amount of literacy is expected in your posts along with good grammar and so forth.
2. Your posts are expected to be detailed and have lots of description. Description is essential to whether a roleplay dies out. A paragraph is to be expected at least in each post.
3. No NSFW or any hanky-panky shit.
4. Please contact me if you aren't able to post for whatever reason.
5. No god-modding or any uber-wanking.
6. Please ask me if you have any questions or clarifications you want to make about this RP.

Intricacies of Pokemon Setting
1. No TMs, HMs or Pokemon moves or any game mechanics. Pokemon only have a set number of abilities, limited to their physiology and so forth. For example, a Pikachu is unable to do a Earthquake. However, advanced genetic modification does exist in this setting. Pokemon, in this RP, are treated with a heavy dose of real-life science and biology, albeit twisted slightly. Pokemon are explicitly dangerous towards humans and are the cause of a brief Dark Age within the setting of this RP. They are currently the dominant species in the biosphere of the earth.

2. The Pokemon League and all canon regions are still present within this RP. The Pokemon League is an international powerful entertainment syndicate. The Pokemon Rangers are essentially animal controls on steroids. A.C.E is essentially the Pokemon Version of the CIA, FBI and KGB. All canon regions are remnants of real life countries or a amalgamation of old-world cultures.

I will be creating a interest list for people who are interested in the idea of this RP. I am looking for a group of at least, five people including me, to play this RP effectively. Members can be rotated out at will, if people are unable to reply effectively or are unable to continue the RP any longer.

Fire your questions away, please.

WAITING LIST (FULL)
MochiHaru MochiHaru
Kennedy Kennedy
Mage_Clawhammer Mage_Clawhammer
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited:
Wow I'm interested, I'd definitely want to participate!
Little confused on the plot but I'll read it over again, other than that count me in plz! ^^

I'm interested.. I'll watch for more info and hopefully will be able to contribute something good ^_^

Alright. We've reached maximum capacity, already. However, the official IC thread for the RP isn't going to start yet since I'm dealing with real life bullshit right now.

I will make the OOC thread and the character sheet thread within due time, however.

If any spaces open up, I am very much interested!! Been looking for a good, detailed Pokemon story for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back