• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Out of Your Element (Muse x MJ)

Mediocritys Muse

~Great minds think Differently~
Delilah had always had a pretty normal and steady life, although she was frequently brought into rather odd situations by her friends back before university. They now however are going to separate schools and well she hasn't really seen them since graduation, which is a bit sad but she figures that have more pressing things that are on their plate nowadays. She is happy to see that they are actually taking their education more seriously than they did in high school, her remembering them having the 'well do it later' approach to school work more times than naught. Regardless her day to day regularity is pretty standard nowadays, the odd lecture and then her time is her own for the rest of the day. Although today she had a night one, which meant she was a bit thrown off considering she was just informed of the change in her classes. 

It was a bit annoying but she understood that the previous teacher came down with a malady so it couldn't really be helped, the only other one capable of taking over being someone that could only teach it in the late ours of the day. With that in mind she somehow made it through the class and is now making her way to the exit of the building, a look of exhaustion plastered on her face as she looks out at the now pouring night sky. "Well then," she lets out a light sigh as she reaches into her pack and pulls out an umbrella, "Good thing I came prepared I suppose." With that said she makes her way into the downpour, her in a hurry to get to her place and get something warm to eat considering it was a pretty cold day out today which only compounded with the current situation of rain. Thankfully it wasn't windy so the rain was at least falling straight down for the most part, which made the umbrella a godsend in more ways than one. 

With a light smile on her lips she walked down the sidewalk, her lost in thought as the soggy night outstretched before her. 

She'd been told to fit in, that was the thing that had stuck in her mind most. Alexia had spent her entire life trapped inside a government building surrounded by people who insisted they were friends, she'd never gotten to go outside even into the grounds of the facility and yet she'd been left on campus in the rain with a bagpack. The experiment was expanding, she remembered that being said a couple of times. She was to interact, to learn from those around her though Alexia didn't know why. She had nowhere to go and no true knowledge of what was expected of her, one of the young scientists had used the phrase 'wing it' a couple of times within her earshot and Alexia felt it was an appropriate term for approach to the situation.

The young girl pulled the hood of her dark coat further over her head and stared around her, blinking through the rain that was pelting down. She spotted a figure walking close to her and her instincts told her to keep walking, to avoid the stranger and the problems the person would bring but the figure was getting closer and eventually it appeared to be a girl Alexia's age. From her place on the road, Alexia watched the girl get nearer, quietly interested in the easy going way the student walked. Were people always out walking in storms? Alexia had never been out in the rain before but she definitely didn't like it.

Carefully, Alexia pulled a small piece of paper out of her pocket and reread the scrawled writing, though the ink was now smudged from the rain. "Is this Arker College?" She asked the girl as the stranger got close, hiding the paper back in her coat. Alexia knew she'd been enrolled in two classes at the college, that she was to take them and do well in her studies. As she'd been studied all her life Alexia was convinced she'd know how to do that, but what was baffling her was the interactions between normal people. So she peered at the girl with a neutral expression on her face, expecting a clear cut answer.

Delilah wasn't paying much attention to the few people that littered the sidewalks, although there were not that many to begin with in the first place. Most were in a rush to get to their cars or get under some kind of cover, although she herself just figured on weathering the rain considering it wasn't really that bad. After a bit of walking she heard a voice call out to her or she figured it was directed to her considering there was no one else around at the moment, her turning to see a brunet quite soaked from the rain. The first thought that came to mind was why someone was out in the rain without an umbrella or at the very least a rain coat, her wondering if this young woman just simply forgot to take one out with her. He mind wandered for a moment but eventually she snapped out of it and then replied to the woman's question, her nodding as she did so, "Yeah this is the Campus." 

She paused for a moment and wondered if she lived far away, considering much more exposure would surely cause her to get sick in some kind of way. With that in mind she took a step over and put the umbrella over the both of them, her a bit close but quite frankly she couldn't just stand there and let the young woman stand in the rain, "Do you need to get somewhere? I can walk you there so you don't have to walk in the rain." She figured the young woman was a transfer or something similar, seeing as how she didn't even seem to realize that she was right in the middle of the campus. As she stood there she wondered what she had forgotten to say, although she quickly realized that she had yet to say her name. A light smile came over her lips as she looked over at the young woman and said in a light tone, "By the way, my name's Delilah Ryoko but you can just call me Della if you want." 

Alexia nodded softly to show she'd understood as the girl confirmed her location, though other than attending the classes she'd been signed up to Alexia didn't really know what else to do. As far as she knew she didn't have anywhere to stay, she didn't know any one in the area and college life in general appeared to be entirely baffling. As the student approached with the umbrella Alexia's first thought was to back away, but the umbrella offered shelter and despite herself she stayed put in front of the other woman. "I don't have anywhere to go." She explained slowly, being sure to maintain some eye contact because she'd been told by numerous people that it was important whilst interacting with other people. "My uncle signed me up to take classes here, he said I would find somewhere to stay when I arrived."

She'd been given a small story to tell people but even in Alexia's mind it didn't make much sense and already she was finding things difficult. After spending so much of her life in a lab being out in the world was uncomfortable, there was so much that Alexia couldn't even begin to understand. She folded her arms over her chest and offered a very faint smile when the girl introduced herself, then after realising that introductions must be important Alexia offered her name in response. "Della. That's pretty. I'm Alexia." She told her.

"It's nice to meet you Alexia," Delilah said with a light nod as she looked over at the young woman, although she was a bit baffled at how she had just came out and said her uncle didn't set up a place for her to stay. She wasn't sure if this was some kind of coming of age test or whatever but she just saw it as a bit mean, her wondering what she should do now that she knew that this young woman didn't have anywhere to go. After a moment of pondering she simply shook her head and then spoke with a light smile on her lips, "Well then I suppose I can offer you somewhere to stay for the night, after all you shouldn't be in this rain anyway and it's supposed to get colder later on." With that said she took a step forward and waited for the young woman to follow her, Delilah saying as she looked back at Alexia, "You should give your uncle a talking to, that's not very nice. Just dropping you off without a place to stay at." 

In truth she didn't even think about the fact that she knew absolutely nothing about this young woman, her just thinking about how this was the right thing to do more so than the usual things normal people would think about. Regardless she started to lead the way to the Dorm-esque housing she stays at, although it was more of a boarding house in all actuality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back