• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Soul Thread

I
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

In an alternate Soul Eater universe, a virus is spreading leading to more and more madness. Lord Death is dead. Where can survivors of the DWMA safely tread? Its a new world and only those with souls of strength will last for any length.

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Out of Soul Chat

Welcome to the Out of Soul Chat! This thread will function as our OOC throughout the roleplay and activity within the OOC will always be much appreciated. It helps me keep track of who is still around, who is still interested, what is working as far as the story is concerned, and what needs to be adjusted as far as the story is concerned. Overall, please chat this place up!

A few notes and comments and things…
  • If you are making something up for this rp - whether that be a clan or an ability or a race or a… anything aside from a character - it needs to be approved by myself before it is used.

• Just a reminder, this is not going to be a roleplay where I accept and accept and accept. The maximum number of players that I am willing to accept in this roleplay (not including myself) will be ten. This means that some people likely will be told no.

• If players are not active (i.e. if they do not post once a week) then I will be kicking them out of the roleplay and accepting new players in their place. If you have a planned absence, then I must be informed in advance. If you are sick, message me and tell me before you miss your posting deadline. If you wait until the day your post is due and then get sick, that’s on you, not me.

• I am not accepting on a first come first serve basis. I will be accepting based on quality of contributions to the roleplay. Active OOC participation before I fully accept people will certainly help you get into my good graces when it comes to getting accepted into the story.

• Grammar counts.

After reading over everything it seems like we have a few options as to where everyone can come from. Now, with the Wiccan academy not being openly hostile to the DWMA is it possible for certain characters to have gone there seeking asylum? Just wondering where people can start now and later. In the interest thread you stated that it will be in the ruins of the city, could later characters be those that left only to come back to ruins?

Last edited:
Well... That's one helluva lore thread. I love it. Can now start to settle on a character concept.

Oooo, I got another question. If we decide to make a Monster Cat are we free to choose the type of cat breed they are? How would we handle their magic? What types of limitations do you think you will impose? Will they be able to come into their magic over time or will they be starting at a specific point with a set magical skill? Pretty much, would people be able to make a Monster Cat that is still trying to figure out what they are capable of as they will start off rather inexperienced.

Last edited:
Gonna add this to my watch list.

If there's any chance I need to repost my concepts I'll just bring it here for the sake of avoiding retyping all of it.

And Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider as far as i recall Comet said the rp would start off at dwma where the students who survived the explosion would be located.

But your comment does raise a very good question that just occured to me.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock (i know iv been tagging quite a lot lately lol) but uh how long has death city been under this sort of attack and dwma by extension. Has it been a month like shortly after Lord Death died or has it been a few weeks with this attack that starts things off being the most recent? I know from ur response to brii you said they struck at the greatest opportunity but since the wiccan academy exists, would it be safe to say they rushed in to provide some form of support also when the city and academy by extension were being attacked, especially since they could be potential allies?

And Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider as far as i recall Comet said the rp would start off at dwma where the students who survived the explosion would be located.

Yup, I read that over and the only thing that made me think that they could come back after leaving due to the virus is that Comet said at the top of page four that they didn't have anything specific in mind as to how they survived the explosion. Could it be that a character left only to return to the city's destruction, quite possibly having it blow up as they are approaching. Could be interesting to work in a character being one to rush in to try and find anyone that lived. This could be a neat way for a meister and weapon pair to meet.

Funny enough if I make a Monster Cat I am thinking that my character will have left that day to try and find herself food outside of the city, possibly due to them not having the money or because they got in trouble grabbing fish from peoples ponds and have to find their catch else where. Or, that they were fishing in someones pond only to fall in as the bomb explodes, now this kinda hinges on the type of explosion and if the water could keep them safe as everything goes to hell on the surfae.

Interesting concept Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider initially when a friend pointed the rp out to me and was explaining the thread, i thought the whole city had been in ruin and dwma was the last to fall. But yeah, that would be one interesting way to start.

I figured if the explosion took place at dwma, like a sort of drol bomb sort of deal then i figured some groups would actually be closed off from each other cuz the structure would collapse; meaning certain places would be shut off due to detris collapsing over halls, staircases, rooms etc.

When it comes to the type of character I want to make, I think this picture speaks a thousand words. xD
what_are_you_eating__by_nakanoart_d9ygaet-pre.png
DwuM4pIX4AAl-6S.jpg

rtyrsq0wkt441.jpg

tumblr_nvb7krM2Zy1rfjkxro1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, cute. Its gonna take me.forever to find just one pic for my character to get the 'look' im searching for that fits the image.

Oooh, cute. Its gonna take me.forever to find just one pic for my character to get the 'look' im searching for that fits the image.
Your telling me. I have a concept I am waiting approval on before I go to serious work, but I am still trying to find art for it. Very hard for my concept.

I feel ya there EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Havent started my search yet cuz I'm waiting to get a response for the ones im most concerned about . Got two for two separate options but man i know im going to hate looking for the others if i end up deciding to go for s different one. Pinterest can only help so much and google ain't exactly a beacon either. Wish i knew better sites to find good stuff on lol

What are you thinking of for a chara btw, if'n you dont mind me asking?

Well, The Regal Rper The Regal Rper , the character I came up with is a failed Clown Creation. He was meant to be a Clown, but due to a failure in the process he was not as insane, but his soul was still constructed of pure insanity.

I was thinking that maybe despite being a Clown, Lord Death was willing to give him a chance and he became a meister. Of course he still struggles with insanity, but he is a powerful friend to have.

Hm interesting. I'm more familiar with the manga's adaptation of the clowns, as after i found the anime/manga to have different endings i veered away from the anime after finishing it and got invested in the manga. I forget how clowns were made but sounds like a very interesting concept, especially if Lord Death gave him the green light for such a rare chance. EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Most of mine revolve around clan creations alongside experimenting with the various abilities that i could think to make using soul wavelength and one or two uses of some of the available playable species. I think one of the characters i might use is a werewolf, unsure if I'll use them actually but i suppose it depends on what comet says about my other pitches.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper It is never actually stated how the clowns are made. However, it is known that they are artificial, made from pure insanity. I wanted this character because I think they would like a player who they might have to try and tame at times. Like a wild card.

Throwing a message here so I improve my chances of actually receiving notifications from RP Nation because Lord Death knows RP Nation can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
Current character concept.
A Warlock (the sorcerers that give in to the pull of magic) who was sent to DWMA to keep an eye on Lord Death in case he ever decided to turn his personal army against the Warlocks. He would have a theme of magic tricks with a specific focus on playing cards. He could also be an explanation as to how a few PC's survived the explosion, maybe they were training together before the city combusted and he was able to save them using a protection spell of some kind?

I will be commenting on individual things later but I just wanted to post a generic thing because I'm seeing lots of people who seem to want characters with magic.

If I receive 10 apps of standard weapons and meisters and 2 apps of things with magic, then I will be accepting the regular weapons and meisters first. I do not have a lot of patience for trying to police PCs with magic when my plot at this point is designed with standard weapons and meisters in mind.

I just wana stab shit fam.

Stab, cut, slice, crush.

Considering I have a track record of gms having to tell me to scale up my characters that’s sounding cool to me~

I'm kinda tempted to be a grenade weapon user honestly. Jump into the fray and scream 'fire in the hole'.

If the cast end up stuck in a collapsed building or something along those stakes I think that would be brilliant Ganryu Ganryu

Heck i know whatever character i use would welcome a actual warning before something explodes this time

My main question is just repercussions. I know Tsubaki could turn into smoke bombs, so I shouldn't be dead, but I would think exploding wouldn't be pleasant, or necessarily leave the character at full function after they do it.

In other words:
1577648446604.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back