[ out of character chat ]

PLAYER UPDATES

31155fb5efd6c9dfb037598ae3c59a74.gif

Absences
BLK BLK will be unavailable for five weeks and will not be returning until mid/end of July. If there is anyone who would like to take up his character Ibrahim Said of Jalani, please let me know. If not, we will assume his character is there.
vesania vesania has not been heard from since the beginning of June. currently MIA.

Semi-Hiatus
lavendre lavendre has been on vacation with her family but should have returned a few days ago
sprouhtt sprouhtt is graduating soon but will be finished her character sheet soon
jul jul has been out of the country but should be returning on june 26th, however, she has finished her character sheets and is working on a post
beebim beebim hasn't been able to post due to no internet in her apartment

Working on Posting
WhispFlick WhispFlick is working on their post for the monkey scene that will cause havoc with Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman 's character Sjoni
Elucid Elucid is working on their post to bring their character where the Festival is and will be joining in the monkey chaos
jul jul and sprouhtt sprouhtt will be working on having their characters in the middle of the chaotic mess as well with the monkeys

Available
Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman 's character Oz is free to interact with - his character is on the sketchy side of the marketplace

Waiting and Interactions
aurnia aurnia has posted for Anastasia and Connor and is waiting / interacting with beebim beebim 's character
deer deer has posted for her 'other' character and is waiting / interacting with @nyeh squidward 's characters
Rhaine Rhaine and cherub cherub have posted for both of their characters and is waiting / interacting with deer deer 's character

Character Sheets / Application Sheets
rainfall rainfall is working on [2] characters - one is from Iceland and the other is from Japan but lives in Imperium Renata
sprouhtt sprouhtt is working on her character sheet for @jewelia 's handmaiden
Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman is working on his character sheet for Imperium Renata's explorer
Braddington Braddington is working on his ruler of England
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt is working on his ruler of Italy
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi is working on his general for Italy, other characters, and ruler of Australia
Athens Athens is working on her [3] characters: servant of Imperium Renata, advisor of the King of Kings, and the record keeper of Imperium Renata
Lingua Frankly Not Lingua Frankly Not and Little-Fox Little-Fox are both working on characters from Scotland
diwa diwa is working on her ruler from Sweden and a court physician
deer deer is working on her rulers, other characters, and kingdoms

Note
► Our King of Kings family is growing ! So please welcome our new members!
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt , Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi , Braddington Braddington , Little-Fox Little-Fox , Lingua Frankly Not Lingua Frankly Not , Athens Athens , diwa diwa , rainfall rainfall , Akio Akio

hey so I should probably propose some kingdom relationships after reading all of the sheets so far!! heeere are some ideas pls tell me what you think. (as a side note, this doesn't necessarily determine valérie's future relationships with other candidates, but it might establish whether they've previously met or not)

Elucid Elucid — arles and auvergne have undoubtedly been long-standing allies. I kind of think of arles as auvergne's smaller, less aggressive cousin (though I don't really know about arles's relationships with other kingdoms yet), and I bet they'd have had each other's backs in almost every war. it's easy for the people of auvergne to communicate with the people of arles, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

lavendre lavendre — auvergne has certainly been home to some obnoxious catholic missionaries who, in the past, have traveled to sakhria with the intention of converting its people to catholicism (and likely were not welcomed in the least — bc gross, right?) however, most of that has come to an end within the past century or so, and auvergnat merchants would definitely rely on sakhria for trading purposes, so they should probably be on better terms now!

aurnia aurnia — korovasha and auvergne probably would be neutral toward each other for the most part, but I can definitely see auvergne feeling lowkey threatened by korovasha bc of their strong military force. and like, what good will the auvergnat navy be against an enormous kingdom like korovasha? they know they shouldn't screw around up there.

Dominaiscna Dominaiscna — avalonia could totally be that one kingdom that auvergne invited to their royal banquet one time, but they declined for whatever reason (probably because auvergne was at war with one of avalonia's allies at the time so avalonia was like ...nah bro) and the auvergnat royalty got super offended that avalonia rejected them, so now auvergne is kinda hostile toward avalonia for a really petty reason. but it's ok bc auvergne is a huge sucker for music & art, and what better place for that than avalonia?

Abendrot Abendrot — I can definitely see a history of conflict and warfare between tydishland and auvergne. although friederich's reign may have brought peace between them, both kingdoms are fervently nationalistic and, at the same time, wildly different in terms of religion, society, and government, which for auvergne is already reason enough to start a fight. despite the fact that auvergne may still consider tydishland an enemy, however, war has ceased under the recent king of kings caesar (or should I say ... ceasear?) so the people of auvergne now have an excuse to visit falkenstadt, befriend the tydish people, and swoon at the various musicians that perform there.

WhispFlick WhispFlick — since the kingdom of portugal and algarves was home to one of the most heroic queens in auvergnat history, they certainly maintain the undying respect of the people of auvergne (especially because of their wine. who doesn't want wine?). nonetheless, portugal and algarves is likely a bit too unruly for auvergnat royalty; I imagine that auvergne used to invite them to every single royal banquet, until one time they brought a monkey along and it ... well, it probably didn't go well. so they're not invited anymore.

beebim beebim — deventer is probably one of the only things keeping auvergne from falling apart. without deventer, auvergne would have difficulty trading with other kingdoms, so honestly (though they'd never say it out loud) they're really grateful for deventer's existence. the two kingdoms have been neutral with one another for as long as anyone can remember, and it's probably best for both of them if it remains that way.

Rhaine Rhaine — auvergne may not have established many strong relationships with braganza at this point due to the distance between them, but as of now, the people of auvergne would absolutely appreciate the sugar cane braganza can provide (given quicker transportation between the two kingdoms). however, auvergnat royalty may regard braganza with a cold aloofness, since their arrogant, ~mannerly~ selves would probably view braganza as disorderly in comparison.

BLK BLK — the nobles of auvergne could hear the words "plentiful gold" and their mouths would instantly start to water. jala would certainly be one of auvergne's favorite trading partners, even though less tolerant auvergnat aristocrats may be disdainful of jala's tribal lifestyle and animist practices.

Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman — an auvergnat explorer probably visited örümcek ağı one time and when they returned they were like, "your majesty, pls don't make me go back there again. they worship spiders and assassinate people for a living. this group of homeless girls stole all my money. im broke" so although auvergnat royalty admires örümcek ağı and their matriarchal government to an extent, they probably wouldn't want to get too involved with a weird small island on the other side of the mediterranean sea. (for the record, though, spiders are pretty cool)

cherub cherub — avalor and auvergne may have experienced conflict with one another in the past, since they're both relatively large and culturally different kingdoms that border each other, but I imagine they're mostly civil toward each other at the moment (especially since avalor is friendly and probably skilled at dealing with prominently catholic kingdoms like auvergne). I think they'd have resolved their conflicts by now and currently be pretty good allies.

Last edited:
jul jul Sure. Perhaps Alexei was supposed to be the representative and he probably fell ill closer to the date so they had to reject the invite, but obviously wouldn’t explain why. And for some reason, his mother and siblings were probably all busy.

PLAYER UPDATES

Real-names-tell-you-story-things-belong.gif

Absences
BLK BLK ; will be unavailable for five weeks and will not be returning until mid/end of July. If there is anyone who would like to take up his character Ibrahim Said of Jalani, please let me know. If not, we will assume his character is there.
lavendre lavendre ; current status: absent

Working on Posting
jul jul and sprouhtt sprouhtt are working on their characters on getting them to the Festival
Elucid Elucid is working on getting his character to the Festival and maybe interacting with jul jul and sprouhtt sprouhtt 's characters.
Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman is working on getting his other character Oz to the Palace

Waiting and Interactions
beebim beebim has posted and is waiting on aurnia aurnia 's response with her other character Connor.
deer deer has posted for her other character and is waiting / interacting with Abendrot Abendrot 's character
Rhaine Rhaine and cherub cherub have posted and are waiting on deer deer 's character

Character Sheet and Applications
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt is working on his ruler and kingdom application for Italy.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi is working on his ruler and kingdom application for Australia.
Athens Athens is working on her Imperium Renata characters.
Lingua Frankly Not Lingua Frankly Not is working on his ruler and kingdom character for America including an other character for Aberdeenshire.
Little-Fox Little-Fox is working on her other character for America.
Archon Archon is working on his ruler and kingdom character for China.
diwa diwa is working on her ruler and kingdom character for Sweden including two other characters for imperium Renata.
Yarrow Yarrow is working on his ruler and kingdom character for Denmark.
Akio Akio is working on his ruler and kingdom character for Norway.
AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight is working on his ruler and kingdom character for Turkey.
High Moon High Moon is working on his ruler and kingdom character for Mexico and his other character for Turkey.
ailurophile ailurophile is working on her other character for America.
Dominaiscna Dominaiscna is working on her ruler and kingdom for Bohemia.
Whisker Whisker is working on his other character for Mexico.
rainfall rainfall is working on her other characters , one for Iceland and another from Japan.
deer deer is working on her many characters and kingdoms, bloop.

Last edited:
not a problem dearie !

aurnia aurnia and lavendre lavendre
— oh ! and i changed my username back to my original since i would hate to confuse people in terms of writing the other usernames out!

a3e8f213716d299f59ebd232a7ea7ca2.gif

BRINGING IN THE NEWS

EXCITING NEWS LOVELIES!
KING OF KINGS HAS BEEN APPROVED TO BECOME A HOSTED PROJECT!
CHEERS LOVE! PINTS FOR EVERYONE! CONGRATULATIONS!​

I will be taking time to organise the Hosted Project so that it will be easy for you, my players, to navigate through! Every player will be able to create their own separate threads for their Characters and their Kingdoms in their respective forums!

HOUSEKEEPING

Please note that I will be time-skipping the roleplay to the middle of the Festival ! Prepare your ballgowns, suits, and mask! It's going to be a wild ride! Since we are time skipping to the middle of the week during the Festival, not only will there be a masquerade ball per say, but even a small little parade! I hope the lot of you are excited! So, those of you interacting with other characters, please try and get your post and interactions finished / at a good stopping point by this weekend if you can!

So, I know I have mentioned time-skipping on June 30th, but would you rather me do the time-skip on July 3rd instead? So that way everyone can have a chance to finish their interactions within the 5 days? Let me know in in discord or in this ooc thread!

Also, I know a lot of us have to finish their characters, me included, so I haven't started the thickening of the plot just yet, but rather a gradual build up to the plot and everything from there will be c h a o s!

Last note! Your GM [ deer deer (c'est moi) ] will be out of town from July 4th - July 8th! I'll be on vacation to California (aaah) , but not to worry, I can still be contacted but, I won't be as active in regards to the roleplay itself, however, I trust my Co-GMs [ Rhaine Rhaine and cherub cherub ] with anything and everything if you can't reach me!

tags: Rhaine Rhaine , cherub cherub , beebim beebim , jul jul , WhispFlick WhispFlick , Dominaiscna Dominaiscna , rainfall rainfall , Athens Athens , Jordan Brinkman Jordan Brinkman , Abendrot Abendrot , BLK BLK , aurnia aurnia , lavendre lavendre , Elucid Elucid , AldarisLordOfLight AldarisLordOfLight , S Sardonic , Lingua Frankly Not Lingua Frankly Not , Whisker Whisker , ailurophile ailurophile , Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi , Akio Akio , Archon Archon , High Moon High Moon , Little-Fox Little-Fox , TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt , sprouhtt sprouhtt , diwa diwa , Yarrow Yarrow

aurnia aurnia , jul jul , Whisker Whisker , Yarrow Yarrow , Abendrot Abendrot , beebim beebim ; welcome to the hosted project darlings !!

some information:
- if you go to the sub forums [ the library, the kingdoms, the selection, in character, out of character ] , you'll see that i have already posted my kingdom and character thread (though i have yet to put info in) inside their respective forums! ugh, so exciting because organisation and less of a lag! i made my threads first so it can be an example of how i'd like you to title your threads just for the sake of consistency!

so for your ruler :
[ candidate ] your character's name of your character's country
- for your other character, you can just do:
[ other ]

and then for your kingdom it would be:
[ country counterpart ] name of your country

and anything inside your threads that you make, you can organise it as you please ! so you can just transfer your sheets over and be done with it, or if you wanna be extra (like me) you can use the thread as you please!

hey... so... i've never used a hosted project before? How do I get to my coding of the character sheets? It won't let me edit the post in the old cs's anymore and I don't have those saved elsewhere.

Also how do I use this thing

aurnia aurnia ; can you see if you are able to edit your sheet now?
i locked the thread so it may not have allowed you to edit your sheet, so it should work now !
(i mainly locked it so that way everyone can get their sheet and their make their own character and kingdom threads in their respective forums)
-- i think it's confusing at first but once you get the hang of looking around the project itself, it looks much more organized and quite simpler to navigate since the loading period takes far less time!

the hosted project is liike a huge group where you have access to different forums, much like rpnation's regular site. (except this hosted project is just for the king of kings roleplay itself) like our own little area !
the members are allowed to make their own threads much like you've done for princess anastasia !
and i think it's more so navigating where everything is and you'd get the hang of it!

so the places the members can edit, post, and etc. are usually the threads that are open such as the threads in the out of character forums, your own kingdom and character threads, and the in character threads
-- some areas are locked since only either me or the cogms would post and edit in those threads itself for organisation's sake!

also, just clarifying, are we putting everyone's other characters under one thread or are we each making separate threads for them? there is a thread that you've made that says 'others' atm, so i just wanted to make sure

aurnia aurnia ; everyone is making their own [ other ] character thread as well since you will be playing them personally !
so in your own [ other ] thread, you can place all your other characters in that thread itself !

so for example, i would be putting sophie (connor's sister), daeina (the traveller), etc. in my own [ other ] character's thread section
and you'd make your own thread to place connor and any other , [ other ] character you'd have !

but if you have a npc you'd like me to add, let me know! npc are moreso just there and npc can be used by anyone!

Last edited:
— alright lovelies ! everyone is slowly accepting their invitation to the hosted project and slowly re-posting their character sheets and all of that jazz!
— goodness this is like a rl life moving happening! teehee. anyways, i should be making a “navigation” thread soon that way everyone could understand what to do when they join this hosted project and then i’ll be writing up the player update and all that jazz!
— i’m going to try to post the time skip within monday - tuesday ! so be prepared for that lovelies! an all new scene !

aurnia aurnia ; hi dearie ! i wanted to update you and let you know that i’ll post the time skip asap! i’m so sorry for the delay! i just got home from a concert and a bar and i’m a bit sleepy! so i’ll have it up soon!

it’s going to be such a long post that i’m unsure if i should seperate it!

because there’s going to be a small background history of Imperium Renata (folklore mostly) , introductions of candidates (some candidate names wont be written in the post because some candidates don’t have names yet so it’ll be assumed in the post that their names are called), king caesar’s speech, and then to start off a sort of “guideline” post, i’m posting for apollo — a sort of npc that’s the illegitimate son of king caesar

eep. maybe i should seperate it hmm.

Yeah, that might be a bit much to put all in one post, unless you separated it inside of the post, i.e into folklore, introductions, and apollo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back