Out of Character Chat

Here's a peak into how my mind works.

I finished my character sheet for my George Washington/Commander Erwin inspired ranger/sniper. He's a 30 year old, stoic soldier with a wooden personality and awkward around females he considers romanceable. I've already started to ship him with my 30 year old mermaid, doctor idea that's been stuck in my head. I think I know what characters I'll pick during my next One Piece RP endeavor.

Oh, and Japanese Luffy's voice actress is Japanese Krillin.

b0f8153d965d1a000a05688c96b0b451.jpg

I've been out of it for the past meh amount of time. I don't know when I will post but likely Monday (or sooner if @Exanis post).  I apologize for the delay, just...so much homework u-u

Is that an implicit question towards me? I would love to help if you send me some nice pictures.

Hmm I might accept that offer... But to find some good pics pf Sora's FC.... That wont be easy...

Meh ill do that later! Got to go and get ready to scare the pants off of kids~  I love Halloween!!!

Speaking of which Happy Halloween to everyone~  May those that go out get the good stuff~~~

Inspired by @Will I decided to make a banner too. The one for Seth is finishedView attachment 196601

Came out pretty nice, if I say so myself.

That's awesome! I gotta have one for ALL MAH CHARACTERS!

Hmm I might accept that offer... But to find some good pics pf Sora's FC.... That wont be easy...

Meh ill do that later! Got to go and get ready to scare the pants off of kids~  I love Halloween!!!

Speaking of which Happy Halloween to everyone~  May those that go out get the good stuff~~~

I'm spending the next five hours of Halloween at work! Yaaaay....... *sobs*

Recently I've been trying to flesh out my doctor character that's a 30 year old mermaid, Lynn Aquari (a name some of you know from Fairy Tail: A New Beginning). I really like how her personality turned out, right now I just have backstory and fighting style to nail down. I'm writing here to try to get some input on her fighting. I want Lynn to fight with Sanji style, but with a few punches and a bone related attack naming device. To add a little pizzazz, my first thought was giving her the ability to absorb water moisture to make her fists or feet denser, since she's a mermaid, but since this is the One Piece universe that seems a little too advantageous; granted since she's trying to hide the fact that she's a mermaid and all of her character flaws stems from that, she wouldn't use that technique very often.

Another thought I had is that the water absorption could be used as her version of Diable Jambe; a powerful move that she'll typically refrain from using due to, again, hiding the fact that she's actually a mermaid that can walk.

Another way I though to give her stronger kicks and punches is more of a Chopper route. I was thinking that she could carry around calcium pills that would boost her bone density, making attacks stronger for a specific time frame. As the character developed, if she learned Armament Haki she'd stop using the pills.

What do you guys think? I'm trying to write the character in a way that she'd be acceptable for this RP. The way I figure it, if I can get mermaid Lynn acceptable for this RP, she'd be ready for any One Piece RP.   

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I figure it, if I can get mermaid Lynn acceptable for this RP, she'd be ready for any One Piece RP.   

Do we have that level of quality? I'm flattered.

First of all I like the mermaid with legs idea, no idea how it would work, but it's cool. Therefore, I would for sure choose a fighting style coming from the legs/fishtail. If you go for the pills, then I think you shouldn't do much with the punches.

The pills immediately made me think of Fishman drugs. The idea of having a junkie doctor could be very interesting, but you probably have to change bits of her personality. She would have to deal with this craving for the pills and violent behavior. When she is finally off the drugs she would be weaker, which would be a good incentive to search for Haki.

If you go for the diablo jambe thing, I still think you do not need the water absorption. If you have a powerful backstory in which Lynn was forced to learn how to walk it's justified that she has amazingly powerful legs. Maybe some moves where she puts her two legs together as a tail would be cool, like a killer whale slapping it's enemies. Then it is also easier to hide that she is a mermaid, but still with options for smart characters to figure it out.

Recently I've been trying to flesh out my doctor character that's a 30 year old mermaid, Lynn Aquari (a name some of you know from Fairy Tail: A New Beginning). I really like how her personality turned out, right now I just have backstory and fighting style to nail down. I'm writing here to try to get some input on her fighting. I want Lynn to fight with Sanji style, but with a few punches and a bone related attack naming device. To add a little pizzazz, my first thought was giving her the ability to absorb water moisture to make her fists or feet denser, since she's a mermaid, but since this is the One Piece universe that seems a little too advantageous; granted since she's trying to hide the fact that she's a mermaid and all of her character flaws stems from that, she wouldn't use that technique very often.

Another thought I had is that the water absorption could be used as her version of Diable Jambe; a powerful move that she'll typically refrain from using due to, again, hiding the fact that she's actually a mermaid that can walk.

Another way I though to give her stronger kicks and punches is more of a Chopper route. I was thinking that she could carry around calcium pills that would boost her bone density, making attacks stronger for a specific time frame. As the character developed, if she learned Armament Haki she'd stop using the pills.

What do you guys think? I'm trying to write the character in a way that she'd be acceptable for this RP. The way I figure it, if I can get mermaid Lynn acceptable for this RP, she'd be ready for any One Piece RP.   

Well the moisture and bone density thing sound like interesting routes to improve her abilities, a different thing is my immediate issue.

She's thirty and you have kicking as her Fighting style. However that would give her little to no experience in her Fighting style, as mermaids tails don't split until they are thirty. So she'd have minimal experience in her preferred combat style. 

If you want her to be more than a clumsy fighter I'd adjust her age up. Especially if you want to use such methods sensibly. As they seem like something an experienced fighter would come up with. 

Well the moisture and bone density thing sound like interesting routes to improve her abilities, a different thing is my immediate issue.

She's thirty and you have kicking as her Fighting style. However that would give her little to no experience in her Fighting style, as mermaids tails don't split until they are thirty. So she'd have minimal experience in her preferred combat style. 

If you want her to be more than a clumsy fighter I'd adjust her age up. Especially if you want to use such methods sensibly. As they seem like something an experienced fighter would come up with. 

latest

I agree. No Kokoro appearance though. I still can't get the image of my retina. Maybe more of a Tsuru appearance, she is badass.

Hi guys! 

I have final exams in less than two weeks so I have been absolutely swamped with school stuff. I'm sorry I haven't been around too much. I am planning on working on a post after dinner tonight for The Hallows and hopefully that'll be up tonight yet. I'm glad to see people are still here despite us hitting a bit of a slow patch.

Also a note for my crew: QuirkyDuck is currently on a hiatus. She got busy and that is perfectly acceptable. For the time being, do not expect to see much of Nerissa or Arlen in the current arc. 

@AllHailDago @Pequeno Burraidh @Felix @TheForgottenDoll @vergil @CelticHero37 @Wicked Jester

Let me know if you have any questions! I still exist and I'm still here to help and have fun! 

~ DaughterofAthena 

I have final exams in less than two weeks so I have been absolutely swamped with school stuff. I'm sorry I haven't been around too much. I am planning on working on a post after dinner tonight for The Hallows and hopefully that'll be up tonight yet. I'm glad to see people are still here despite us hitting a bit of a slow patch.

*snorts* We're One Piece fans. Of course we can handle 'a bit of a slow patch'.

Seriously though, just focus on your exams (and good luck with those). I think we can survive some time without your assistance.

Not entirely sure though, just be glad that you aren't captain of the red waves or the hallows would be no more.

@Wicked Jester Welcome! looking forward to your intro. I already see a lot of possibilities ... most are based on Edward 'bullying' Cygnus though. You up for that kind of relationship? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back