• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic "Ouroborus: The Interdimensional Time-Travelling Space Agency Making Sure Reality Doesn't Implode."

Rithas

Great with Ketchup!
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
SIGNUPS: OPEN!

LINK TO CHECK (Submit Sheets here first!): HERE
LINK TO LORE THREAD: HERE

𝔸 ℝ𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕤 ℝℙ ℝ𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕫𝕧𝕠𝕦𝕤 :
"Ouroborus: The Interdimensional Time-Travelling Space Agency Making Sure Reality Doesn't Implode."

Pull up! Pull Up!
I'm pulling up!

Bubble Integrity at 10 Percent

Well pull harder!
I am! Why does a time machine still use manual stick!?

Bubble Integrity at 5 percent.

Oh god oh god.
Figure something out!

Bubble Integrity 3 percent!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

BUBBLE INTERGITY REACHING CRITICAL FAILURE

Wait a second, Is this on inverted contr-

CHAPTER 1 - Island of Isolation - ???, 1821

The exact way that one arrives into a certain time and place is much up to chance. In an ideal entrance, it is a discreet and precise exit wound through reality into some hidden corner away from people. Close to the incursion and laying a good and clear strategy for the mission ahead.

Instead everyone landed in a tree.

'Everyone' being all those who were currently present. It seemed a few of the other squad mates who were travelling with them had not ended in the same spot as they did. Perhaps another tree, hopefully more comfortable then the one they were stuck in. They were sure to find them at some point. That or they all got rubber banded back to base. It had been told them beforehand that it wasn't entirely uncommon to not know where the rest of the team was. It was like losing your keys, they were around somewhere. Just not here.

As they all started to untangle from their landing spot and took a look at their surroundings. It was suddenly clear that it was unlikely the rest had landed in another tree. Given that they were in the only tree that could be found from horizon to horizon.

Oh great, they were on a rocky hill.

Grace Cooper

How many twigs and leave was she gonna have to pull out of her hair? Trying to multitask while de-twigging herself. Grace took out the reader to see what they were looking for. (It often was vague on readings till they were physically in the place.) But she soon found the second consequence of the minor travel hiccup.

"Ah, shit. The file log is out of juice. It must have gotten hit in the...turbulence." If there was one thing that remained consistent. It was that tablet devices never worked when you need them. That was okay, often was it pretty clear to see something out of place. Even minor incursions just felt...weird when you looked at them. That infomation was told to them of course, as most of them were still green on this whole 'mission' stuff. Was it more of a stomach feeling or a light and flirtatious tickle? She would find out soon enough if this went the way they all said it should go.

She shivered a little, a breeze was going through her. That coupled with the seagulls she could hear squawking in the sky told her that they were close to the sea. Most likely over the valley they were in. Larger hills surrounded them on both side.

"What is this!?" A demanding voice rung over them. They all looked up the hill at the source. A middle age man stood there, adjusting his hat. A vexed look strewn across his face - "More intruders. Have they set this up as another form of mockery and humiliation?"

Grace wasn't sure how to respond to him with his already antagonizing attitude. What lie was there to be strung. Perhaps it would best to just ask him if he had seen some...dinosaurs or something. They hadn't given a crash course on anger management.

mogy mogy Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread cityslicker cityslicker Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes

Last edited:
Tuya
Interaction:

Tuya didn't know what to expect from being thrown into another timeline, but getting stuck on a tree definitely was never on her mind. Thankfully, her current clothes were pretty sturdy so she didn't have much problem untangling herself out of the branches. In all honesty, Tuya's current attire was quite a disastrous sight for anyone from the modern world. She tried to use one of those washing box but ended up breaking it because she's apparently not supposed to wash her shoes with it, nor was she supposed to fill it with that much clothes in one go. Weak machine, eh. Anyway, Tuya ended up grabbing some clothes from the storage before the mission. An oversized yellow hoodie with a cartoon sheep printed in front of it, a pair of militaristic cargo pants and a couple of fishing boots. She still had several items that she brought from her time though, like her wolf pelt cloak and her bow. Overall she's pretty happy with her selection.

Back to the mission, after freeing herself from the tree Tuya dropped down to the ground and looked at her surrounding. A rocky place with the tree they landed on standing out like a sore thumb. Tuya had the tech-savviness of a chicken so even though she bought a few of those items handed by the organisation she didn't even bother checking it, instead she closed her eyes and focused to gather what she could sense. It's a breezy place despite being so dry, and the wind felts a little bit too dirty for her liking. Were they in the middle of a desert? No, the smell was different. There's also those water crashing noise somewhere nearby, a lake? She wanted to focus more but those birds really annoys her. Nocking a single arrow, Tuya only took a second to aim before releasing the arrow and shoot down one of the seagull from the sky.

"I never see this kind of bird before, is this tasty?" Tuya looked back at the rest of the team as she showed the skewered seagull on her hand, her eyes glimmered like a kid who just found a new toy. Though not long after someone yelled at them and Tuya turned her head to see a middle aged man.

"Hey, old man! See something weird recently? Gobi death worm or something like that?" Tuya asked the old man by yelling back at him while waving the dead seagull. She wasn't sure how to start searching for whatever they're supposed to search so rather than overthinking it she would just ask around until she found it.

Last edited:
Patsy
Interactions:

Patricia Boyd was an elegant woman. Her clothes were always perfectly fitting, her face always had just a dash of makeup on it, and, most surprising of all, her blonde hair was always impeccable, even after having travelled through time and space from nowhere to somewhere. In fact, despite finding herself in a tree, not a single strand of hair was somewhere it shouldn’t have been. However, the same couldn’t have been said for the woman herself, as only a single look downwards caused a screech to escape her mouth.

“Dear Lord! Why am I in a tree!?” Heavy southern accent sprinkled itself in her yelling as she quickly looked up and around for anything to hold onto.

The tree might have been dense, but Patsy soon realized that the only branch thick enough to support her was exactly the one she was standing on, and without a thought or an effort to do it elegantly, she dropped herself onto the branch like a sack of potatoes, hugging it firmly.

“I just knew they would give me heights! I just knew it! And I told them, no heights or I’m out, but nooo…Give heights to Patsy, why don’t you.” She expressed disdain not only through her words, but also through the way she said them—sarcasm and a little bit of anger, mostly disbelief.

Looking down at the ground once more didn’t really help—perhaps it just increased the stress because the woman’s firm grip only loosened from then on. “Oh no. Please no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” Before she knew it, she was now on the bottom side of the branch, her legs hanging on and the only thing keeping her alive being her hands holding onto the firm branch.

Her breathing was now erratic, perhaps nonexistent, and her hands were losing grip. “Oh, Lord. Oh, Lord! Please don’t let me die! I don’t want to die! Help me! I’m going to die! Anyone, please help me!” The blonde woman begged, not knowing or caring if anyone heard her—well, she hoped someone did hear her and was going to help at any second. Any second…

Patsy screeched once more as the branch came loose of her hands and she found herself falling for a whole of 1 second before her feet touched the ground. It was a moment, or two, that she took to process what happened before looking around and fixing the one strand of her hair she could feel wasn’t in its place. “Wow, this extra space travel really messes with your brain! Anyway…”

She prompted herself to stop talking when realizing they weren’t alone—a man saying something about something. Interesting. If Tuya hadn’t been so direct, Patsy would’ve been, so now she just stood there, waiting to hear what the man wanted to say.

Dominic

Archaic as hell, that's what this place was. If it weren't for the garishly dressed man half-buried in dirt, the view would look like something straight out of one of his history textbooks.

Dominic dusted himself off as he spat out the remaining grass in his mouth. He disregarded the grime in his hair and quickly scanned his surroundings, bewildered to see so much flora surrounding him. He'd be fully convinced that he were on substances if it weren't for how long this saving-the-world thing has dragged on. Now he was only half convinced. He promptly shook off his shock to return to his usual conduct.

As his squadmates got accustomed to their impromptu landing spot, he fished out his tablet and- oh, great. How glad was he to see that Shit Breaking was miraculously the one constant across every time period. He slipped it back into his belt pouch and looked over to the imposing man atop the hill. There already seemed to be some conflict sparking, and he wasn't too keen on getting gutted on his first mission. Dominic cleared his throat as he approached Tuya.

"Now, now. Put the bird down. I don't think a dead seagull flailing around is exactly a welcoming sight," He glanced at the animal, "That's... actually quite impressive, though- anyway."

He redirected his attention to the man, "Good sir, we intend no harm, nor did we mean to intrude on your day. A series of mishaps happened to bring us—or, crash us—into here. May I ask what brings about your hostility? Not that it's unjustified, of course."

Grace Cooper

Having half heartedly held her arms out in case Patsy fell out of the tree head first, that and she hoped that the woman's fumbling would unhinge her baseball cap that was stuck on a nearby branch. Grace cringed slightly as the woman managed to land her two feet onto the ground. Sure, she too was terrified of heights (nearly falling to your death would do that.) But the tree was not exactly a massive one. "It sure does. Haha! Ha!" Grace said punching Patsy softly in the arm. Before picking up her cap, that had thankfully fallen, and adjusting it on her head.

It was the hope that in no time would they find themselves near a cliff.

Hearing a rather curt squawk in the sky followed by a short thud. It was clear that Tula had not read the warning about not effecting the local wildlife unless necessary. Which was fair, Grace hadn't either. "Okay, well. Let's hope that seagull didn't prevent an assassination down the line..."

The man squinted at Tula's questions. "You're not from anywhere near here are you?" He rubbed his forehead. Muttering something else under his breath. He looked back up at the sky, where the flock of seagulls (minus one) still scurried around. "Yet such markmanship. How you would have fit in the Calvary of old..."

Grace turned to the woman holding a corpse of a dead bird. "Wait do Gobi worms actually exist?" She thought that was like a fairy-tale. But maybe she should have asked the person from the place of origin. Gah, things to ask later.

Dominic tried a different approach, asking the man about his hostility. Explaining that they had crashed here. Which while true. Would be rather hard to explain given that they crashed from an different dimension. Still, water meant deniability about not being sailors from some far off land.

"You crashed here? That's it?" The man looked around. Obviously there was sea close, but they couldn't see any. So given the time period he wasn't looking for any ship that wasn't sea fairing. Was he looking for other people? "Yet I see no guards dragging you away to question. Yes, it seems unlikely they would even want to give an inkling that this prison has faults." He chuckled, "And so in their own inaction that they have proven that it does."

Grace gave another look around. Guards? Were they in some sort of prison. "If this is a jail then it's a pretty spacious one." She commented, shivering once again.

The man came down to them. He took off his hat to clean off some non-existent dirt. "You're even more unaware of your surroundings then the first. Less strange, however. Not repainting my house against my will for one. The same ship I would estimate? One is luck, two is a plan. And this is no plan of mine."

With the man a lot closer to them. Grace took another look at him. The attire was definitely some sort of high nobility, but it was worn. Small holes of long use and a certain shade caused by exposure to the dampness of this island. His round face, intense eyes and a clear head of hair that was quickly being lost. Grace tilted her head. "Excuse me for saying. But you look...vaguely familiar? "

"Hah!" A laugh that toed the line between arrogance and defeatism. "Is it only coming to you now who you are in the presence of!?"

The man rested his hand into his waistcoat.

"I am Napoléon Bonaparte! I..." A scowl. "I was Emperor Napoleon, first of his name, rightful ruler of the French Empire. Welcome to my personal hell."

Grace gave a nervous glance to the rest of the group. "So that's a no on the Gobi Worms then."

Tuya
Interaction: Dominic, Napoleon

"If he got threatened by the sight a woman waving a dead chicken then he's just a wuss. It will in no way my fault." Tuya stuck out her tongue as she replied to Dominic's prompt to put the seagull down. If anything, if she saw someone waving a chicken at her she would consider it an invitation for dinner, damn future people and their weird manners. Thankfully the old man was more curious than anything about them, showing just some alertness with little to no hostility. He actually reminded her of those hermits on the mountain.

The old man also introduced himself as Napoleon something something, a name that bounced off Tuya's mind like a rubber ball hitting a stone wall. Though looking at the other's face, she did get a feeling it was a name that everybody should know. Everybody except her, damn future people and their knowledge.

"Hello, Napoleyon. Nice to meet you. I am Tuya of Khongirad. The wolf hunter, shepherd of hundreds herd and a reality traveler thing, apparently." Tuya introduced herself and a train of her self-proclaimed titles as if trying to match Napoleon, though she was a bit unsure of the last one, even after a whole week she still hadn't quite grasped all these concepts of timeline schism reality may or may not happen stuffs things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back