• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Ouroboros (Insert Great Subtitle Here)- Lore & Character Sheet Thread.

Rithas

Great with Ketchup!
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
SIGNUPS: OPEN!
PLEASE SUBMIT CHARACTER SHEETS IN THE INTEREST CHECK FIRST!!!
ACCEPTED SHEETS HERE ONLY!

LINK TO CHECK (And RP Intro): HERE
LINK TO IC: N/A

𝔸 ℝ𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕤 ℝℙ ℝ𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕫𝕧𝕠𝕦𝕤 :
"Ouroborus: The Interdimensional Time-Travelling Space Agency Making Sure Reality Doesn't Implode."

• N/A

Last edited:
"At least I get to go places that don't just fecking rain all the time."

Art Ladrach

Source: Katerina Poliakova

Dialogue Colour Hex Code: 3FC424

Before Schism Origin:
Third Century, Ireland.

Biography:
Art was a spear for his kingdom. A brother to any man or woman who fought alongside him. And a bad face to see if you were an enemy.

The argument over who got to be a petty king of a tief or who got to be high kind of all Ireland was little matter to Art. Since he was young his main interest was that no one was going to try and burn his village down. Which given the ambition of the king of his land, meant that Art had to get skilled at stabbing would-be invaders. Other kingdoms, bandits, people who dressed in red and gold and spoke in strange tongues. Art did the lot. And he got good at it. Renowned for it.

But renown is a strange thing. At a point he wanted it. To the point wherre it gets you a song or tale sure. But then it gets a drunkard trying to duel you ever night or so. It all got a bit much around the time that people started speaking openly about their current king and his whole being alive status. So with not much said, Art assigned himself a role as outer scout before anyone started slipping his name in as candidates.

Scouting out the site of a recent battle. Art was bewildered to see a line of light tear itself open from nothing. A blazing rainbow of colours. A million possibilities of what it could be went through the warrior's mind. A trick of the fae? A gateway to Tir na nÓg? That he had been hit on the head harder then he thought? Whatever the case, he couldn't help be memorised by it. He walked towards it, reaching his hand out to touch the ligh-

And the tale of Art Ladach twisted into something else.

Personality:
Quiet spoken, Art has an habit of standing there not saying much as things happen. Some may find his dagger stare a bit weird when it's a 6'5 bloke who's still wearing warpaint. His thinking can often be a very A to B structure. Preferring the simple way most of the time. A tilt of the head at people who speak 'complicated.' He can't judge too much on that, his metaphors are often long winded.

He is in general a good spirited fellow. Even if he'll mumble a whine or two about the weather every so often.

Interests:
  • Traditional Music: Is it really traditional if it was just the music of his time. On cold nights he was fond of a good session. It did give him joy when he read that the instruments are still used in his homeland millenniums later.
  • Pottery: Art always admired the craftsmen in his village who could shape clay with such skill. Given the very rare free time he has now, he'd like to learn how to make a nice handle before the world ends.

Fears:
  • Aos Sí: For some, being made aware of reality collapsing tends to have a strange affect on their beliefs. For Art, this sort of trickery and chaos must be the source of some otherworldly being. Why not the ones that were the word of his people? Whatever had caused of all this could only be something malicious.
  • Remembrance: For someone like him. The whole point of his brave deeds was to be written in folklore for later generations. So the very real possibility that none of his great deeds will ever be spoken about is rather awful to think about.

Skills:
  • Martial Experience: Sword, Shield, Spear. All weapons Art used as an warrior in his lifetime. You think with the futuristic technology that Ouroboros agents bring with on missions that this wouldn't matter much. But you be surprised how many times that an situation goes sideways and the need for a pointy stick arises.
  • Foraging: A needed skill for a warrior making their way through rugged terrain in a past life. Being able to delve through dimensional time space doesn't mean that you've solved feeling hungry. Sure agents get given a ration or two, but space is limited. So often they must find substance from their current predicament. Many missions have hit roadblocks when a broke agent carelessly takes a bite of an unknown fruit.
  • Perception: Realising when someone is going to try stab you is a hand trait to have back then. And now even more important today!

Zeta Squad Relationships:

Grace Cooper
Patricia ‘Patsy’ Boyd
TUYA
Dominic Lee
Theresa "Theodore" Levy

"So like~ are we shoving the egg back up the chicken?"

Grace Cooper

870fd641547ab30b53061b7acd8727e3.jpg

Dialogue Colour Hex Code: 3959BF

Before Schism Origin: 1999, New York.

Biography:

Grace was the average high-achieving college student. Middle class, supporting parents. Smart to get good grades, enough discipline to keep them. Happy to ask teacher's questions. Social enough to have a good friend group. Tactful on who was a good influence. Stubborn to keep the one's who were bad. Got a scholarship to college, found some individual freedom. Independent enough to finally do what she thought would make her 'cool'. Did it. Some of it was awful, some of it stuck with her.
What a life, what a life she was on track to have.

It was the millennium celebration. She had been invited to some rich boy's party in some penthouse to have a good time. After trying caviar for the first time and then pretending she liked lacrosse to some guy with slicked back hair. The topic had moved on to the whole Y2K scare. The guy seriously believed everything would break. --on some penth-- Of course, after having a good laugh about it. All the lights on the floor dimmed. She thought it was just a electricity fault, but there was pointed fingers at something behind her. There right outside the window. A bundle of leaves were just floating in the air. 27 stories up. The Y2K apocalypse? Of course, it was still 11:23pm so it was something else. Wanting to see what 'it' was, she went upstairs to get to the balcony on the floor above. It was hard to see, and with some egging on from an equally wasted friend. She just leaned over the balcony...

A slip, a fumbling of hands trying to get a grip on something. A scream as nothing was found. Oh god, she was going to die. All that bullshit was worth nothing! She should have gone out more! Who was going to feed her cat!

She fell and fell. But thankfully, before she hit the ground. She hit a schism.

Personality:
Whether it come from a place of insecurity or just something to keep her mental in check while fighting for humanity's existence. Grace finds herself relying on sardonic comments when approached with a new situation. She's quick to point out things that are silly in her mind or that don't make sense. Does it always work well with other agents, depends if you think she's funny. She thinks she's funny, and doesn't care if you do. (but secretly does.)

Another agent once remarked (in a rather insulting tone, mind you.) that she sounded just like a typical MCU character. Like first of all, what the hell did he mean by MCU?
Second, okaaay? That's your opinion.

Still, she's more sociable then most agents. Given her continued survival she'll probably end up being posted as the 'person in squad who welcome new people'.

Interests:
- Getting wasted:
Look, it was a stress reliever back when she was cramming in study session inbetween mountains of assignments doing her degree. And now that she is tackling the end of reality itself she'll take any relief that comes to her. Trust, she does it outside of missions. Unless they end up in a tavern of some kind...
- Badminton: She has no idea why Ouroboros has courts. But they do, and so she will use them to hit things very hard.

Fears:
  • Heights: It's all a bit hazy of the last hour of her existence, mainly due to being shitfaced. But the feeling of freefalling to her death is in perfect clarity. Since then, she's been rather keen not to repeat it.
  • Being a fuckup: Like a lot of things, the fear of messing things up has travelled with her to other realties. Back then it was her course and the admiration of her parents. Now it's reality itself. So the same level of threat then.

Skills:
  • Quickhand Math: Given a somewhat complicated numerical problem, Grace can solve it in her mind quicker then most can writing it out.
  • Fishing: When she was younger her dad use to take her out fishing in a lake. She kinda hated it at the time, given her father was rather determined to teach his daughter the right technique exactly.
  • Being fun(?): Someone needs to keep a joyous spirit. It's her. She's keeping the joyous spirit.

Art Ledach

Patricia ‘Patsy’ Boyd
TUYA
Dominic Lee
Theresa "Theodore" Levy

Last edited:
“I need whisky. And a cigarette.”

Name:
Patricia ‘Patsy’ Boyd
Dialogue Color Hex Code: #f09a06
Before Schism Origin: 1960, Cape Hill, Arkansas, USA.

Appearance:
patsy - Nabetse Zitro.png
Courtesy of Nabetse Zitro
patsy.jpeg
Courtesy of ArtBreeder

Appearance Description:

Standing at an appropriate 5’4’’ with a healthy weight of 125 lbs, Patsy Boyd can and is considered a rather petite woman. Her demeanor, to an objective bystander, is fitting for this information. She isn’t one to be seen walking with her head down, no. She’s the one that’s looking around at the people and the birds and the cars and the life. The blonde hair on her head is always neatly combed and from her ears always dangle little shiny earrings.​
More often than not, her lips are covered in stand-out red lipstick, and her somewhat-pale face is covered in just a smidge of blush. Her perky nose fits perfectly on her face and doesn’t distract from her grayish-blue eyes which, no matter how much makeup she puts on, will always be the star of her face.​
If you happen to be fortunate enough to strike up a conversation with her, the first thing you might notice is that Arkansas accent seeping through her lips with every word spoken. If not, however, you might be fortunate enough to notice what she’s wearing—usually something colorful with a fancy print, most often a dress or skirt that flows down to her knees, a purse and shoes of the same color. Very 60s.​

Biography:

In the outskirts of a small rural town, on a decently-sized farm, in 1935, a fifth child happened to grace the Kennedy family. For the first time, the child was a girl, and, to her mother’s wish, was named Patricia, Patsy for short. Now, Patsy’s parents didn’t know how to raise a girl, but were pretty good in raising boys, so whatever her older brothers did, whether it was getting dirty in the yard, or playing some boyish game, Patsy was right there with them, much to her mother’s dismay.​
Patsy’s father never took the girl’s rambunctious nature as a bad thing, and always taught her to be herself, but sadly, when Patsy was only 7 years old, her father and oldest brother were drafted into the war. Neither came back, and due to this, Patsy’s mother took it as a must to raise Patsy into a woman who knows how the world works, a woman who won’t fall apart when her husband doesn’t come back from the war.​
In school, Patsy was good at most things, but she also knew that school wasn’t really for her. She was much more interested in making friends, and one of those friends was the odd and timid Lloyd Boyd who didn’t happen to have any friends of his own. Now, a shy boy like Lloyd turned out to be a perfect fit for Patsy’s social and outgoing self. Within a week, the two were inseparable and despite what the other kids thought, their friendship was wonderful.​
It was so wonderful and long-lasting, in fact, that at the age of 18, Patsy Kennedy became Patsy Boyd, and the two decided to move into an up-and-coming town, Cape Hill. They were living the American dream, and what’s more, they truly loved each other for more than shallow reasons.​
One year after their wedding, Patsy gave birth to a son, Phillip Boyd, named after her father, and then, only a year after that, she gave birth again, but this time to a little girl, Lucille.​
She was happy. She was fulfilled.​

Personality:

From her father, Patsy learned that the world was just one big opportunity, but from her mother she learned exactly how to seize that opportunity, and why she shouldn’t let the world wait. These ideals were engraved onto her at such a young age that she lived life to the fullest for every moment that she could remember.​
Patsy, to anyone who knows her, is the sweetest and nicest soul. She will help out anyone she can and she doesn’t even mind helping; she likes it. But make no mistake, stepping on her toes won’t cause her to growl, she’ll immediately resort to biting, and she’s not afraid to do it to anyone. If you are nice to her, however, she will form a connection with you fairly quickly.​
Patsy is the type of person who will allow herself to feel all her emotions thoroughly, she isn’t one to be ashamed of crying or laughing. She does, however, understand how her emotions might put a woman at a disadvantage in the world, and she tries to keep a balance on her emotional state, at least in important settings.​
Ever since becoming a mother, perhaps only more so because of becoming a mother, Patsy has a soft spot for children and the less fortunate, whomever falls under that category. Her motherly instinct gives her this uncanny ability to understand when something is wrong with someone, and she isn’t the one to shy away from asking why this might be. If she can help, she will.​
But while that all seems nice and dandy, there is a part of Patsy that isn’t something to be proud of. There is selfishness in her character—she will and has used her charm and wit to get what she wants; if she thinks she deserves something, she won’t have any qualms about the way she gets it, as long as she gets it.​

Interests:
  • Nature Adventuring – “There is this big forest behind our house, and when we first moved in, I spent so much time there, it’s almost embarrassing to admit! Now I make Lloyd drive us somewhere every weekend so we can experience the true American countryside.”
  • Reading – “I love reading. I don’t know what it is, but ever since I was a little girl I simply couldn’t put a book down until I was done reading it.”
  • Cooking – “The best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach—Lord knows Lloyd is already as skinny as they come—I don’t want anyone thinking I don’t feed my husband. And, as a matter of fact, I want to eat good food too.”
  • Socialization – “You might have noticed, but I really love talkin’! I just love it, and I love listening to people talk and their stories. It’s fun, and you can tell a lot about a person from the way they talk about things!”
  • Entrepreneurship – “A couple of ladies from the neighborhood were struggling, being new wives and all, so for a little bit of money I give them advice and offer my help with whatever they might need. I love being a wife, I love helping, and one can never have too much money, so it all works out.”

Fears:
  • Heights – “In my mind, there is no reason why a sane person would be somewhere where they could so easily fall, and, additionally, somewhere so high that that fall would most likely kill them. It just, it doesn’t make sense and I’m not doing it.”
  • Being Put in a Box – “I’m not just one thing; I’m a wife, but I’m also a mother; I’m a woman, but I’m also an adventurer; I’m annoying sometimes, but I’m also compassionate. I’m not just one thing, and I can’t even imagine being put inside a box, I shiver at the thought of having to be just one thing.”
  • Wars – “I lost a father and a brother to World War II, and if women could enroll, you would not see me doing that. I love my country but I was not made for killing, and I was definitely not made for dying either. Wars are where men go to kill and die, and that’s just horrible, don’t you think?”
  • Being Helpless – “I know you know by now that I pretty much know how to get what I want, and if there was something I wanted so desperately that it became a need, but it just so happened that I couldn’t find a way to get it, I feel like I would just crumble. Never happened before, though.”
  • Never Seeing Her Family Again – “I have hope. I have so much hope that somehow in whatever way, that I will be able to see Phillip and Lucy, and hug them, and tell them that their momma loves them, and tuck them into bed again, or make breakfast for them, or that I’ll kiss my husband again, at least one more time. I have to believe that. I have to.”

Skills:
  • Charisma – “I can talk my way into any situation, and just the same, I can talk my way out of any situation. People like me, I can’t help it! They can’t help it either!”
  • Persistency – “Back when I was a little girl, if there was a job to do on the farm, I would not stop until that job was finished. I live my life the same way, and whatever job I’m given, I’m not going to stop until it’s finished.”
  • Resourcefulness – “Hey, if there is a way to do something, I will find it. I once made an entire dinner, with dessert, without any flour at home. And you know what, it was a delicious dinner.”
  • Shotgun Usage – “My daddy, God rest his soul, taught me how to handle a shotgun. And if there is ever a need for me to use one, I am not afraid to do it.”

• TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA

TUYA

"What the hell is a photobook?"

l.png

Dialogue Colour Hex Code: #EE4B2B

Before Schism Origin: 13th century Mongolia

Biography:
Tuya was a well-know figure within her tribe. She's the wolf hunter, the savage shepherd, the bride who runs, and maybe several more names that she would never knows herself.

Tuya's father's was a very strict person and took his kids' trainings to the whole new level. Even if Tuya was more on the smaller size compared to her peers she became the most reliable when it comes to being a shepherd. She's a naturally protective person and handle her herds well, but other than that her definition of protecting is very aggresive. Instead of simply watching over the sheeps while they graze she ran around the steppe chasing and shooting down wolves whenever they came near her herds. At one point the wolves would just run at the first sniff of her scent.

After she came of age she was proposed by a man and she accepted it, much to the bewilderment of her father because apparently someone from the man's clan killed his friend. Tuya didn't care though, the man gave her a really good horse and at that time it was enough to win her heart. Their marriage had a rocky start but eventually got better as he managed to get into her father's good side. It didn't last long though, her first baby was born premature and didn't survive the night. Then soon after, a war broke between her tribe and their rival.

Tuya's husband was one of the warrior sent to the war. At that time she didn't know that would be her last time seeing him alive, but later that day she would have a more pressing concern. Their rival sent a small force to ride around in circle and attack the tribe'sthrough their backline. This would be the start of what would be called the bloody wool battle. Tuya led a few other women to engage the enemy on the meadow where their sheeps were grazing. Arrows flew between dozens of panicking livestocks. Tuya decided to use the sheeps in unexpected way and scare them into running towards their enemy, stumbling their horses down and sent their riders onto the ground in defeat.

She won and so did her tribe but upon learning the death of her husband she didn't felts like she just achieved any victory. After months of mourning she seemed to have settled in focusing herself on protecting the sheeps. Even when there's several suitors who came at her she had no plan to accept them. Although she knows that if she knew if she just plainly reject every single one of them gossips would started circulating behind her back so she concocted a scheme for this. She exclaimed that she would only marry a man who can catch her barefeet, a game of tags spanning on miles of grassland. Her strategy was successful, no one can catch her and she can watch her sheeps in peace. Until one day she witnessed a crack of light pulled one of her sheep into it. She tried to shoot it down but it also pulled the arrow in so she draw her dagger and lunged at the liht crack. That's how she ended up in this nowhere.

Personality: A reckless and blunt person. Tuya said what she thinks in a straightorward manner and doesn't shy from showing her emotion, which might occasionally be rude. She's also an aggresively protective person, throwing anything she have and using any methods to protect the ones she cares about.

Interests:
  • Animal-grooming: she enjoys making animal looks and feels good. She can spent hours brushing her horse and petting her sheeps.
  • Fishing: For her it's calming and gives new food option.
Fears:
  • Death: Not her death though, but the death of her loved ones. After losing her baby and her husband, she's scared on forming new relationship. She considers herself cursed by evil spirit who keeps giving the ones she love bad luck.
  • Water: More precisely large body of water. She never learns to swim as there's not much opportunity for her to do that.
Skills:
  • Horseback archery: For a mongol it's not a specialty but a necessity, but Tuya got so good at it that she can shoot the head of a moving squirrel in the distance while standing on the back of a galloping horse.
  • Running: Her father told her and her siblings that they can't own a horse until they can run like a horse. Suffice to say Tuya never managed to do so but she now can run for hours through various terrains with ease.
  • Craftworks: Cooking, sewing, cheese-making and many more. Life on the steppe and the death of her husband forced Tuya to be even more independent.

• l

"If I ever ignore you when you wanna shoot some breeze, try callin' for 'Rumrunner Theo', or just shout 'IRS' as loud as you can."

LNeGjf4.png

Name: Theresa "Theodore" Levy
Appearance: Has an ever-changing fashion sense and ability to swap styles at the literal drop of a hat. Has a scar near the eye, but doesn't really mind or is troubled by it since it's the symbol of being a crime lord (self-proclaimed).
Dialogue Colour Hex Code: #a10a0a
Before Schism Origin: 1929, New York, USA

Biography: Born to a pair of saloon owners, Theresa has a relatively uneventful childhood. She had a dramatic flare and caused a bit of mischief, but nothing too out of the ordinary for children being children. This was until prohibition hit and her parents were forced to close their saloon. With her father crippled from that war (the one that is supposed to end all wars) and the family business shut, Theresa was abandoned as a teenager after prohibition plummeted her family into poverty, or perhaps it's more apt to say she ran away from home.

Although the initial period was difficult, Theresa eventually found a place as a performer. Her natural penchant for the stage as well as her ability to mimic various kinds of voices, from pitched opera to low baritone jazz, allowed her to take on multiple roles and perform eccentric, comedic "one-man shows" that were enjoyed by the youth who gathered in underground speakeasies and Vaudeville theaters. Her stage name "Theresa 'Theodore'" came to be as she was a quite convincing impersonator, even of men, to the point where many of her audience were convinced of such.

As the roaring twenties roared on, Theresa began to struggle to live up to the glitz and glamour of showbiz. Buying with credit, Hollywood, mass-produced goods, and illegal alcohol were all the rage. Her success was passable but mediocre. However, after she noticed that many regulars and suppliers of speakeasies are able to pay off extravagant fines for violating prohibition laws through bootlegging alcohol, the still basically a teenager (that concept didn't really exist back then) Theresa decided that perhaps bootlegging is the business to be in.

And hence, the impeccable acting skills, ability to rapidly change wardrobe and voice mimicry began to aid the performer in dodging prohibition agents and police officers rather than on stage. Theresa and her new alter ego "Theodore" became caught up in one of many of New York's alcohol smuggling gang operations. As criminal debauchery climbed in America so did her wealth, and the amount of danger this line of work brought. Many don't meet the greatest end, Theresa included. After being surrounded by lawmen in an abandoned attic while other gang members were shot or arrested, the might as well still be a teenager Theresa considered the options of being shot, spending a good half of a decade behind bars, or just shooting herself when something quite unusual happened…

Personality:
Glitz, glamour, gumption, and guile, that is the MO for surviving in the world of underground alcohol bootlegging, and Theresa certainly has those qualities going as far as she did. She has a natural confidence in whatever she says and a cunningness that makes those words seem true. Being hardened by the criminal underbelly of New York, she's street smart and often a bit ruthless, being constantly drunk on literal and metaphorical atmosphere. Being rather "fun-loving" or "curious" to put it nicely and "thrill-seeking" to put it less nicely, she often does impulsive things (like deciding to join a gang on a whim), but if it's an impulsive thing she's into, she gets really into it serious mode doesn't even begin to describe it.

But all the party-going, stage-performing, and crime-doing in the world doesn't really net one genuine connection. Theresa, in many ways, is quite lonely, as the occupation of celebrity or criminal isn't exactly lifelong friendship forging. Her rampant cross-dressing and lack of any form of love life often raised eyebrows as well, but she also noticeably keeps her distance with other women as well. Despite her seemingly outgoing nature, most of her relationships are rather superficial and transient. She herself also never stopped to consider the issue in that, as she actively forms relationships for mostly superficial reasons anyways.

Interests:
Brewing - Perhaps more aptly called moonshining at the time, there's nothing like some diluted rubbing alcohol for some safe family fun.

Theater - Life's a stage, the dark underbelly of one of the most crime-ridden periods of a nation is a stage, another dimension is also a stage.

Accounting - Despite not being very book smart or having gotten much education, she believes in the importance of math and accounting because it's the only way to ward off the IRS.

Tax Evasion - The most tasteful of crimes and the most difficult crime to get away with, badge of a smooth criminal. Taxation is theft.

Fears:
Law Enforcement - Whether it's the police, prohibition agents, or even the IRS. Actually, scratch that, especially the IRS. Hardly much of her life was spent as a law-abiding citizen, but neither was most people's during prohibition.

Poverty - It's what happens when one is rich, then poor, then rich from dubious means. She really dodged a bullet with the Great Depression.

Governments - If your government banned alcohol you might feel the same too. Extends to politicians and stupid voters (more scorn than fear really). She never got the memo that said women could vote now.

Skills:
Disguise - Can disguise herself and others with make-up and costuming skills to a certain degree depending on the resources, and can also change wardrobes rather quickly for a "disappearing" act.

Voice Imitation - Is capable of mimicking the voice tones of others after hearing enough to get the gist, although it might not be perfect it's rather impressive and could fool those who aren't very familiar with the imitated.

Parkour - Well, the word won't be invented until a couple of decades later, but sometimes you gotta jump a window or an automobile to escape some prohy.

Firearms - Tommy guns, revolvers, and Molotov cocktails. She names all of them, even the Molotov cocktails, as fleeting as they are.

Zeta Squad Relationships: TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back