• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Our Golden Glory, Lost in the Flames - FULL

Wonderblue

The Only Ocassionally Reliable RP Partner
There is nothing you can do, my friend.
All is lost.

It happened so fast, that we couldn't fight it. The first signs were subtle, barely noticeable by the common people. Magic spiked in the most common of places. Trained mages were sensitive to it and were curious to why this was occurring. Research began on what was happening and why. The Mages' Guild, called Ordinary Widowmakers, discovered the reason, and realized the dire circumstances and impending doom they were facing.
Away from the Guild, in a small village, a human child was out capturing fireflies in a jar. She'd poked holes in the top of the metal lid to allow breathing, and planned on getting as many as she could before releasing them in her room. When she caught enough to satisfy herself, she went off to show them to her family. At first, her parents praised her for her speed and cunning in catching the bugs- before one gasped in astonishment. One firefly was distinctly bigger than the others, and was banging on the glass. Except of course, it wasn't a firefly. It was a fairy. Magical beasts outside the second continent of Rodane, across the sea from their location were unheard of. How did this one appear in their home? They took the fairy out and released it, asking it for answers. All they understood from it was "run".
In neighboring houses, more encountered fairies and pixies, before larger beasts, like griffons, wyvern, and even a thunderbird. A Winter Wolf was caught in a northern village, a rumors of a Dragon in the south spread faster than its wildfire. The intelligent creatures that would speak described something coming, something terrible. Panic began to spread across the Kingdom of Onith.
What was coming?
If these animals were frightened, how should they feel?
Are we doomed?
What's out there?
The Ordinary Widowmakers then came out with their explanation. Rodane was under attack by a much larger, more powerful monster. They claimed that the magical beasts appearing here were fleeing the continent, and seeking shelter here. They confirmed that the beast would not come to Onith, and that they were safe from whatever it was.
The King of Onith thanked the Widowmakers and declared that the Kingdom would not take action to try and clear the creature from Rodane, letting nature take it's course and succession to overtake it. He believed the Widowmakers' announcement that it would not harm the humans.
Of course, they were dead wrong... pardon the pun.
Nearly a week later, creatures of enormous size and strength began to appear. Dark birds, giant wolves with tempests swarming around their pelt, lizards that could swallow an elephant whole. They all swam, flew, or just appeared on Onith and began to slaughter everything. The golden age of Onith came to a skidding halt, and the Kingdom entered a state of distress. The citizens all went to the palace for safety, shelter, and answers.
The King had no idea what he would do. His citizens were terrified, monsters were at his door, and his guards were failing him. Once again, he turned to the Mage's Guild for help. Adevius, the Archmage and Leader of the Guild approached with one answer.
He spoke of (3-5), number will be tweaked based on the number of players) legendary heroes that could alone fight these beasts. Adevius claimed that they appeared in the past when they were needed most, and that if he and his Guild all worked together and pledged their power to them, that they could return to this world. However, it meant that everyone who participated in the Ritual would lose their life force.
The King hesitated, before commanding Adevius to perform the ritual with all but two of his Wizards, so there would be a last line of defense if the six failed.
Adevius and the Mage's Guild performed the ritual later that day...

Hello. Thanks for stopping by. I'm Wonderblue, spitballing this Idea. It has a loose base upon Monster Hunter: World, but I'm trying to put my own twist on it.

What I'm Looking For
Around 3-8 Players
I am not the best storybuilder, so I'll be taking ideas and winging it as we go along.
Memes
Those who are open and listen to ideas.
Some very quirky characters

- Spots -
6/8 people interested

Heroes
- Wonderblue Wonderblue (casually steals a spot)
-
-
-
-

Survivor of the Mages' Fall (apprentices, fully fledged members, a higher ranked mage, feel free to put your own spin on it. They may end up traveling with the heroes if everyone gets along all right.)
- Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
-

Heir to the Throne (Male or female, but the only child of the King, most likely going to tag along with the party and try to help against their parents' wishes)
- hostage hostage

Essentially, I'm going for a smaller group and adventure story. If you're interested, pop a spot request, meme, "I'm interested", or introduction below. Doesn't have to be all of the above. Needs at least two other people to begin.
Thank you for your time.​

Last edited:
I'd say that the majority would be humans, since some race is a little xenophobic. For race creation, I'm willing to collaborate. Makes it more fun to have some interesting looking people.

Interested, but where do the heroes come from? Are they isekai victims or something?

I guess im in.

4f0f7103f93993b358bad6f1cafd71b1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there! This is me expressing my interest in the thread, also here is a monster hunter meme that I found literally just before finding this thread:

DE7DBF65-3B4D-4555-AAC9-360237A84FE2.gif

Dancing Pickle dances on your pain.

Also, also, I’d be interested in playing a mage.

Last edited:
The origin of the heroes is up to interpretation, but I'm thinking they' likely were really significant people in a past life and were brought back again to fight this new danger. Perhaps a Paladin cured a plague, or a Knight slated an "unbeatable" dragon.

It's your RPG as much as it is mine.

I'd say that the majority would be humans, since some race is a little xenophobic. For race creation, I'm willing to collaborate. Makes it more fun to have some interesting looking people.

Hmmm okay, I have some ideas for the mage role then, if I could snag a spot.

As for races, I assume since faeries were mentioned as a monster, the Fae aren’t playable. However, I was wondering if elves were maybe?

We've got room for about one or two more people. Glad to see we're all interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back