• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Other Students of Beacon Academy

Scyn had little time to watch her new found partner deal with her own opponent while she played around with her prey. The weapon she used was not meant for heavily armored or thick skinned targets but there was always an exception. Now where are those weak spots again? She asked herself before shooting its eyes with pinpoint precision, almost three rounds consecutively striking the soft tissue of the eyeball. Lets put you out of your misery then. She thought before fluidly replacing her weapons on the compressed arsenal, drawing a pair of slim scimitars in one motion as she leisurely strolled towards her flailing prey. It took little effort on her part to dodge the wild flailing arms of the beast and as soon as she was in range, she swung. Twin flashes of light burst into existence as the monster was split into four, a pair of diagonal cuts perfectly perpendicular in accordance to one another meeting at the center of the dead beast's chest. "How droll." She said with disdain before sheathing her weapons.

Ringa had finished slaying her share of Grimm and in her crouched position, she watched as most of the Grimm creatures fled the area, most likely the observant ones that choose to watch the battles from afar and howl commands to their underlings. "Hmph." She stood as the last of the fled further into the forest and turned to her new partner. "The Grimm here are clever in some ways..." She said with a sigh and reattached the arms of her bow. As she walked towards her, she manually rolled up the chains until it clicked and slipped it over her shoulders again. "There was an alpha Beowolf among the pack; it must've made the call as its numbers diminished. "

"An alpha?" Scyn queried, her eyebrow raised in curiosity as she turned to the direction of the noise. "If we had less work to do we would have enjoyed a good hunt. A pity then, the temple's just a few minutes away if the changing landscape has something to do with it, the trees are somewhat thinning into plain as well." She tapped the ground twice with her foot, as if to test its strength before stepping forward, an ever brilliant smile on her face. If one were to just stumble upon them, they would not even think she just killed a Beowolf with a single blow. "Shall we go?"

"..." Ringa stood still for a moment, scanning the area to which the beasts had ran off, finally turning back to Scyn, with a small smile."Yeah. Let's go." She hurried after her, her confidence in herself and her decision renewed and sound.

"Tch! You could have been more aware of your surroundings instead of just smashing into someone like a moron! Great, now i have to get this dry-cleaned... Vacuo silk is NOT cheap you know! Now i'm stuck with YOU."

Grey sighed with great indignation, pulling the person that decided it would be fun to slam into him by the arm and pulling her towards where the artifacts were and picking up the White Rook, then watching some girl act foolish while balancing the Black Rook on her head. He was glad she wasn't his partner, as he would likely kill her before they ever got back to Beacon.

Renji was very surprised by the sudden outburst of anger towards her, though she admits to herself she deserved it for being so careless. "..." 'Day Two, and I think I've already made an enemy... Yikes... ' She laughs nervously as her new partner glared at her for a moment, soon turning back to watch another girl playfully balancing the Black Rook on her head, just before she called over by her own partner. "Um... I actually didn't get your name... I'm Renji." She smiled, though in preparation, she was ready to take on any sharp words that he lashed out on her.

"Other people hmm?" Scyn almost sang as she stumbled upon a strange situation. She was simply there to pick a piece, the artifacts it seemed were chess pieces. She had a White Queen in her hand before she heard the strange and awkward introductions, as well as the strange anger coming from a boy swaddled in gray. "Now, you entered a battlefield expecting to leave clean? I'm sure that's not the proper mindset. And fancy meeting you here Renji, are you two together?"

"!!! Sycn!" Renji bounded towards her and hugged her, before immediately letting go. "Oops. Sorry... Impulse..." She laughed nervously again." And, yeah... We're partners."

Ringa was equally shocked and curious by the pair in front of them: The two definely contrasted with each other, and the boy in gray look upset and annoyed towards the girl called Renji. "..."

Renji, not forgetting Sycn's partner, turns to Ringa. "Well, as Sycn said, I'm Renji. Nice to meet you-" She gestures towards Ringa for a name.

"...Oh, Ringa. Ringa Linde."

"Well since we are now acquainted, how about going back? As much fun as waiting for a couple of massive Grimm to, I don't know, barge in here, I would prefer if we made it to the cliff before too long." Scyn commented as she pat Renji's head affectionately. "Nice to meet you again, good luck with your partner and all. Come on, Ringa, we're going to have to backtrack to the cliff if the instructions were correct."

Ringa nods her head in agreement. "Agreed. It was nice to meet you, Renji. Hopefully we run paths once again."

"...Ahaha.. Yeah!" Renji smiled as she watched Sycn and her own partner leave. "...." She then slowly turned to her partner, who still hasn't said a word to her ever since she collided with him. 'Oy vey...'

"Grey, and that is all you need to know." Grey just put the chess piece in the spare pouch of his holster, turning to leave only to watch O'Chere fling an Ursa like it weighed nothing. Yet she still had no partner...

O'Chere had been spending time trying to get here before she found a partner. She saw that Grey had already found Renji. That was unlikely partnership, as Grey was.... well he was proper to be nice about it.

"! Ah, right! Grey..." She smiles a bit as she follows him back. '...I really hope he doesn't stay too mad for running into him and making him fall...!' She spots O'Chere in the distance and waves happily towards her.

"Ok, so chess, have you ever played before?" Scyn queried as soon as they were a few paces away from where the stone began. She had an inkling that Renji would not be as interested in the artifacts as she was and kindly waited before she was out of earshot before she asked. "Maybe the headmaster was losing a game when he decided to scatter the pieces and use them as artifacts?"

"..." Ringa ponders on the thought for a minute, resting a finger on her chin. "...That's a possibility... But Headmaster Ozpin doesn't seem like the kind of person to even lose a game of chess. Maybe it was for a different reason... Probably to see what kinds of pairs would choose what: First come, first served as they say, until the last artifact is retrieved." She looks thoughtfully at her. "That's another possibility."

"It appears my attempts at humor really do fall flat, maybe I should apologize to her..." Scyn mumbled to herself, a somewhat amusing memory surfacing as she brushed it away. "It most likely a way to pair the pairs with each other, as the pieces all seem to come in pairs, except the pawns that is." She examined the queen she chose for a moment before she looked over her shoulder once more. "Since we have some time on our hands, would you mind joining me on a hunt? It's been a while since..."

A tremor cut her off, just in time for a ravenous howl to break on the wind. She turned to see that several meters away, just between the tangle of trees stood her quarry. "Well, this saves me a lot of trouble. Coming?" She didn't even wait for a reply before breaking into a sprint.

(Jumping in here)

Cynthia so far hadn't found a partner of her own. She was left alone and continued to step quietly around the forest thanks to her lightweight armor. She clenched her deactivated weapon tightly and thoroughly scanned her envionment. She suddenly heard a loud noise from nearby and jumped at it. Cynthia prepared her fencing sword and curiously, she headed to find what caused it.

The mouse Faunus hid behind a large tree and had a look at who caused it. It was another student, who quite easily flung an Ursa. She stiffened and stayed behind the tree hoping the other girl wouldn't see her.

This is fun. Scyn though as another strike landed, sharp claws tearing into her aura infused coat and dress, lightly scratching her shoulder even as she leaned back to dodge. This is really fun. Her own blade grinded against the bone of the Alpha's mask, not a damaging blow but enough to throw the beast back a few feet.

The opening clash was not one she expected, and she had a few tears in her coat to show for it. The five Beowolves that thought it smart to try and ambush her were strewn on the forest floor, dead around their leader and the huntress in training. She held her twin blades at her sides in a formless stance while the Alpha stood before her with bloodied claws at the ready.

She had traded her own blood for a single gash on his mask; it wasn't the best to exchanges, but it certainly wasn't the last either.

White met black once more as they met again, a scissoring cut slipping under a savage hook and wetting black fur with whatever black fluid that flowed in its veins. The claws narrowly missed the crown of her head as she shifted to the side, using what momentum she conserved to land another pair of blows before her weapon shifted. The pair of blades blended with the leftover material she drew form her back to create a sheild, in time to catch a vicious claw before it stuck her right in the chest.

Her aura flooded into the shield just before the claw made contact, reflecting most of the force back on the Alpha and sending it back several feet. "You want a turn?" She eyed her partner bemusedly as she arrived on the scene, bow in hand.

When Ringa makes it to the scene and seeing what's leftover, she gives a small smile and proceeds to climb a nearby tree, watching the Alpha get back on its feet. "I'll be back up here; I do better distance-wise than close combat anyway." She draws out an arrow and aims for the arm of the Alpha, pinning it to the tree behind it.

"..." As he happened to be also nearby the same girl who was battling some Ursas and flinging one across the area, his keen eyes doesn't fail to notice another student peeking out from a much larger tree, only to pop her head back behind it. '...Well, I've already seen her... may as well go and greet her.' He moves around the girl fighting the Ursa to get to the tree the smaller girl hid behind. When he reaches, she's facing the girl again, watching her fight, and he politely taps on her shoulder. "Excuse me. I hope you didn't mind being spotted, but... you've been spotted."

(I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE PERSON THROWING URSAS IS AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS NOT OF THE DAEDRIC PLANES, JAM AND EVIL LAUGH, WILL YOU TWO SERIOUSLY SLOW DOWN SOME?! GOD NOW I AM LOST!)

[QUOTE="Shade Umbreon](I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE PERSON THROWING URSAS IS AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS NOT OF THE DAEDRIC PLANES, JAM AND EVIL LAUGH, WILL YOU TWO SERIOUSLY SLOW DOWN SOME?! GOD NOW I AM LOST!)

[/QUOTE]
(Lemme correct myself, now I do. god i am just disoriented by ALL OF THIS TEXT THAT I HAVE TO READ. can we just... like ya know, jump to when teams are just being assigned? this might take a bit too long because SOME PEOPLE are posting too much and leaving the rest of us in the dust. its fucking max-dan-wiz.com rp Changed all over again (its an rp i was in for a long time. it reached 1400+ pages until me and the only person continuing it were banned due to disobeying site rules. god when it was populated, i would have to ask them to slow down.)

O'Chere sighed after tossing the Ursa and made her way over to the area where the relics were. She had no partner, and would need to wait. Likewise, it would be very tedious to wait since there were already so many relics missing, only two- a black king and a white rook- remained. Which meant there were few left- or more. She didn't know.

"Are you even trying to keep up? We are NOT here to sight see, we are here on assignment. Come on, hurry yourself now." Grey mused irritably.

"!! ... Right, right..." Renji somewhat lazily rested her sword over her shoulders as she walked behind the man. "... well, that was an easy assignment, am I right?" She grins towards him. "Find a partner, get a relic, come back! I'm surprised that I haven't run into any trouble on my way there." She waits a brief moment before turning her head to him. "Did you have any trouble before running into me?"

"The only trouble I had was avoiding all the worst possible partners. However, I could be worse off, stuck with a bumbling oaf who probably wouldn't know the hilt of a sword from the blade or how to fight. Be thankful for that." Grey sighed, muttering to himself. "Do not be fooled by how simple this task is, either. We're dealing with the Headmaster's little game, not some simple little assignment."

Cynthia felt a tap on her from someone else and nearly jumped as a response to it. She turned to look at who it was and sighed with relief. She was afraid it was the girl fighting, angry to find that she was watching her from behind a tree. The mouse faunus adjusted the ribbon hiding her ears, "Oh no, no it's okay! I was afraid someone else would be the one disappointed in spotting me." She squeaked, referring to the girl who had now disappeared from her sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back