• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Other Students of Beacon Academy

"Yeah, here's how: Gettin' lost. Got about half a mind to fling ya over this cliff right now. You don't even look like a student, and ya too young to be a teacher here."

(squaidsy, i suggest making a student or teacher)

"I know I don't. I already said I wasn't a student here anymore but alright, I'll be on my way then." Gelb turned around and started walking towards the building that that girl Scyn had pointed out. That faunus was a real thorn in his side.

He was about 12 feet away when he muttered to himself, "Have fun with the other animals." He put his usual scowl back on and put his hands in his pockets as he bumped past a couple students.

(Will do. Ill post one asap and get that settled away.)

"...!" She sees a young man scowling away from where she previously was, but pushes it back in her mind as she meets up with Sycn and O'Chere. "Heyo! You're guys aren't ready to head back now?" She beams happily. " I"ll already you guys guys spots, if you mind, that is."

"Good." Humans. Sure, O'Chere could stand them, but it was those that reminded her of those stuck up Schnees and their lap dog guards that really made her get huffy. Likely it was just listening to other miners talk about how much they hated the oppression, and planned on joining the White Fang. She didn't support the White Fang once they started to take the path of violence. She didn't want to get respect from being violent, she wanted it from just being seen as just another person.

"Ya'll already did that? If my bags were a bit heavy, sorry. Wanted to have something to think of from home, so I got an unprocessed Dust crystal in 'em. Large enough to be hard tosneak out, but enough to leave them just guessing that some had to be used by the miners to get through some of the tougher rocks."

She chuckles a bit. " Well that's cool! And I didn't really mind at all. It's nice having something back from home." She spins a bit before stop suddenly. "I should have thought of that, too, I suppose. I guess I was so excited, I didn't think, really..." She turns back to O'Chere. "So, if you mind me asking, but what type of crystal did you get anyway? Fire? Lightning?"

[QUOTE="Shade Umbreon]
Grey had managed to lose that Hope guy somewhere, likely distracted by some shiny bauble like birds would be. That didn't mean he didn't notice a shorter girl nervously looking around, fguring the shy type for likely being that nervous. Or maybe she was jittery? He didn't know.
"Excuse me, miss? Is something the matter?"

O'Chere didn't like the lok of this guy. Something was off.

"Alright alright, no need for any one to start fightin'. I don't wanna have to hurt none of ya."

[/QUOTE]
Cynthia looked up to Grey quickly and held on to her ribbon tightly to keep it in place. "O-oh it's nothing really, I'm just having a bit of trouble navigating through the school is all." She replied in a rather soft tone.

"Unrefined, meaning raw material, I'm thinking it would be quite difficult to guess exactly what type of Dust it is, Renji." Scyn tried to calm down the hyperactive girl to very little effect. "Though I do have to thank you for the effort, even if we could have lifted our belongings ourselves, it is much appreciated." She added with a small smile, belying a mind already thinking of several scenarios that would occur the next day.

The teams would be selected, most likely, during the initiation process itself, or right after it: that was the only logical conclusion. The method itself would be some mystery, but she could most likely endure anything the teachers would throw at a competent student. On the subject of teams though, she would have preferred not to be paired by the two she most recently spent time with. Make no mistake, they seemed to be good company, but considering her style of fighting, the little one might as well head for the hills while the larger one would most definitely disapprove, maybe even outright assault her for her methods.

"On that note, I think it would be best if I were to get dinner. You two are welcome to join me, but if it is against your plans, I will take my leave." She gave them another shallow bow before walking in the direction of the dining hall, not waiting for a reply. The sunset always did remind her of food for some peculiar reason, an as soon as she was a good distance away, her stomach grumbled, just as she loosed a small giggle.

"Now what to eat?"

Renji watches Sycn walk off without another word and shrugs. "Grub?" She looks towards O'Chere. "I don't mind either, but I'm not really a late eater."

Hope finally decides to change out of his armor into more sleepable attire and changes in the boys's restroom. He's quite careful as he changes just so that this wings doesn't sudden unfold, though he believes it should be needed after this point. "...Sigh..."

"Scyn's right. I dunno what it is until I take somewhere, get it cut. And I ain't either. At least this place has a view."

"Can't find your way around? Then follow me. Everyone's to stay in the grand hall until teams are assigned tomorrow. Come on."

The next morning, all the freshmen were taken to a cliff outside of the Emerald Forest, Ozpin giving a whole little speech that was summed up as: First person you make eye contact with is your partner for the next 4 years, and after everyone retrieves their artifact, you will be divided up in to teams of 4. The students were, OF COURSE, standing on spring launchers, which- with the throw of a lever- would fling the students into the sea of green leaves and brown bark. Everyone had to have their weapon, too.

O'Chere had looked at all the students there, taking in their weapon. One girl had a big red scythe, similar to the one her old teacher Qrow used, and a few others had some odder things, like an oversized mace, a hammer with what was possibly a grenade launcher, and so on. Sort of made her intimidated. A police-style battering ram was something hardly anyone would likely use, much like a scythe. It wasn't the utility, it was the weight.

Grey was adjusting his gloves, letting small sparks of electicity arc between the finger tips before shaking the discharge off. He then made sure his pistols were locked in and secure in the unusual holster on his lower back, which resembled a box with numerous latches and a double set of holsters, likely most of those latches were to hold in many types of Dust ammo.

Hope was simply a few launch pads away from the others, closer to the front. He quickly checked his own armor, fastening it a little tighter than usual and picked up his dual shields, holding on the arm handles tightly. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a young man questioning one of the instructors, Professor Ozpin himself. 'That student doesn't look ready...' His attention was recalled when the first student was suddenly launched through the air. '...I gotta stay focused.' He does one last check on his weapons, making sure he had just enough to last him the entire initiation 'There.'

Renji curiously watched the others prepare their own weapons and for their launches, her eyes focused on how their preparations were set.

"You must be clearly confident if you're not preparing yourself." She turned her head to meet the eyes of the other present instructor, Professor Goodwitch, and smiled proudly.

"I'm already set. Just wanna know how the others are doing." The launching of student grows closer as she stands up straight. "I've got Phoneix Flight here to help me out if anything were to happen."

Scyn was the second one to go, her form flying of at an astounding speed as soon as the launch pad she stood on flung her into the Emerald Forest. She would have sighed if the wind wasn't so loud in her ears: being one of the first to go meant that she had the least time to prepare as well as no one to base a landing strategy on. It was not that she couldn't properly execute a landing from the height that could, more often than not, kill most creatures, she was just curious as to how the others would land...

Still it would be nice to see how they try to land, failure is always somewhat humorous when viewed from afar.

...and of course how she could one-up them.

Land, take the artifact, and return to the cliff. Sounds easy enough. She thought with a small smile. Just as expected from the chessmaster, always giving the shortest possible commands to the confuse the kids. People say less talk equals less mistakes after all, but then again the lack of explanation in this case is somewhat unnerving. On a separate note, where's the ground? Does it really take a week for this to happen? She chuckled to herself a bit before flaring her aura, strengthening herself before the ground came to view.

Contrary to a week, it took about a minute for her to close in on the treeline, and that was when she acted. Deftly removing her shield-like arsenal from her back, she struck the ground softly with her shielded arm before going into a roll. The force was obviously enough to bring her back on her feet, and with enough to spare, she leapt through the forest, a simple white blur in a sea of brown.

Find the artifact, return to the cliff, teammates are not a priority. She thought as she sprinted through the grounds.

Once all of the students were ready, Ozpin had Glynda throw the lever, which, in turn, sent the students flying through the air. Some were hurtling like idiots (like Jaune Arc), while others were just fine.

O'Chere's landing plan was simply smash through any thing in her way, including trees, students, Grimm, and so on. Which was implemented as soon as she neared the tree line, bracing for impact as she snapped a few of the large trees like toothpicks. She had no plans to find a partner. She just didn't want any one being hurt because of her.

Grey's plan was more simple, as he had remembered to bring a grappling hook. That hook was used to slow him down and gradually stop, using it to descend from a tree and look for someone- ANYONE- that he could stand. It would prove a lot more difficult, though, as he was focused on finding the artifact as well.

"..." Bracing himself, Hope was flung through the air, much further than other students. As he soared through the air, he skillfully pressed his arms to his body and his legs together, causing him to shoot through like a bullet. He closed his eyes and smiles, feeling nostalgic as he neared the forest line. 'Too bad I won't be able to do this so often...' he thought, opening his eyes once again. As he got closer, he brought his arms up, protecting his face with the dual shields he held, slamming and breaking through some of the branches and leaves in his way. "..." The ground under him seemed to get closer and he exquisitely forward flipped himself upright through the branches. His sharp and observant eyes never missed a single detail and he brought his arms out to gracefully catch a branch like a horizontal beam. With his momentum, he swings forward and up and around the branch before leaping for another and then finally jumping down safely with a clank of his armor. "...Ok..." Hope gives his surroundings a good looking over before pressing on.

Renji had landed safely on the ground looking around for anyone to partner up with. "Hm... it seems that everyone is hiding or something... That's not fair..!" As she replaces Phoenix Flight, she looks up to find the same boy who had just argued with the professors pinned to a tree with a red and yellow spear. "... Well.. Looks like he's taken already." She walks off a different direction, hoping to probably spot some of the friends she's meet with the other day.

Ringa's launching wasn't so gracefully as she had never flew across the sky before. However, her landing made up for it, as she used her weapon to hook onto a couple of branches (granted that with her momentum and strength of Yugana Tsubaki, some of the branches broke off) before resting on a thicker offshoot. "..." 'No one's near. I guess I'm left with looking for the artifacts.' She waits a while for someone to come back before making her way to search for the relics, traveling through treetops.

(So sorry)

She was never a people person, and Scyn knew that; in fact she knew that a sort of assertion like that could be classified in the area of gross understatements. She was polite, but to such an extent that it was distance, almost arrogant when viewed in the correct light. She meant well, and could be compassionate, but more often that not, it was hard to glimpse that side of her. It didn't help that she was immensely driven either, especially when she thought there was a contest involved. She never willingly lost a contest. EVER. She knew she was the bright light that would attract all sorts of people, but at the same time, the same light that would burn anyone that got in her way.

So when she felt something, a flicker so faint that people would brush it off as something of the imagination, she was intrigued. It was, almost nothing. Almost. The leaf fell just between her eyes when she finally decided to look upwards, and lo and behold, she saw a figure. At least that was all she could make out of whatever, or whoever, she was looking at. Something was jumping the treetops.

Analysis: very sneaky, but no outwards action showing either hostility or benevolence. Grimm? No. Student? Maybe. Teacher? Well that explains how they are supposed to keep track of us I guess. Course of action: Confrontation, preferably neutrally. In case of erroneous conclusion, have form D1 of Kaleidoscope at the ready for defensive tactics. If indeed a Grimm Hunter, well let's just see how Avalanche works. She completed the thought even before the leaf left her vision before she kicked off the ground at an astounding speed, both to catch up with the figure in the canopy and to give herself a warm up.

She was going into battle after all, it would be best that she was prepared, for any and everything that could happen.

"Hey, you seem like a decent blur and I'd hate to kill you so let's be partners." She said evenly when she reached the branch opposite the blur. The distance was perfectly calculated, right in front of where the blur was supposed to be, so if it was a person, they would meet. If it was Grimm though, then she would have a little fun.

Ringa comes to a screeching halt and looks down below her. She hadn't even noticed that someone tailed her, even moreso that same person was quick enough to get ahead of her before she realized it. She brought her bow defensively. "..." Through the crossed branches, she spotted the young girl, who looked about the same age, pointing her own weapon at her. 'A student...Sigh. I guess rules are rules.' While RInga wasn't against with partnering up, she frowned upon her demand, especially towards the "killing" part. She quietly leaps down, her landing hardly making a single noise, and stands upright, staring at the girl. "...Must you threaten to 'kill' me? I didn't think there would students like you here at Beacon."

((Sorry, not really being here, my internet went down for weeks, but now it'll be officially up on Tuesday))

Scyn frowned. Whoops, definitely not the best start. "To be fair, when all one can see in a forest with creatures designed by the powers that be to kill is a fast moving blur, one tends to lean towards being paranoid, all the same, I apologize. Your semblance I presume? I'm kind of jealous now, stealth is something I could never have." She might as well had drawn her weapon, but then again she wasn't entirely sure if it was a friend or foe. Nevertheless the threat seemed to have garnered the same effect.

It seemed to be a girl, and a student just like she was. With the attire she wore and the symbols etched on her clothing, it wouldn't be too much of a leap to say she did look like a Grimm when she was hopping across the tree line. Her figure, while still, was somewhat blurred to a much less extent, though she could already assume as to why that was happening in the first place.

There was still something that confused her though.

Since I'm standing in the canopy, why did she have to give up the high ground? Tactically speaking, it's a horrible decision, and well, looking up isn't really the best way to make a friend. I guess I have to go down to her level then... Damn it, I punned again. It would be catastrophic if I made this into a habit. She tapped the branch she was standing on with enough force to totally reduce the wood to splinters before she landed on the forest floor with the grace of a falling cat.

"My name is Scyn Tyllaet Asteria, I hope you can forgive my earlier assumption and the threat." She chimed with a bright smile before offering her hand. "Let's get along, okay?"

"...Likewise." Ringa reaches out and grasps her hand in her own, before giving a firm shake. "I'm called Ringa. Ringa Linde. And I forgive you. I'm not the kind of person to hold grudges." She starts walking in the same direction she was traveling before being stopped. She slips her arm through the bow she carried like a strap, holding it to keep it from bouncing off her as she sauntered. "I would've done the same if I were in your shoes. So I don't blame you."

Scyn smiled lightly as she fell in step behind her, though she decided to keep on guard just in case anything decided to try and have them for a snack. Of course, there had to be something that would try at some point, and being with a companion would really lift most of the weight from her shoulders. Now she only worried about aiming her attacks. "Just to be sure, we are going north right? The sun was setting yesterday and I could have sworn that since we were going straight ahead in respect to the cliff this direction is west."

"..." Ringa stops mid-stride after a moment. "..." She spins to her left and starts walking again. "I was just testing you. Good job." As she briskly walked ahead, her face went red, showing how embarrassed she was.

"Umm, Ringa dear..." Scyn tried to call her attention, her tone of voice sincerely worried. "If we were going west a moment ago, and you turned left, you're going south now..." She gently placed a hand on the noticeably bothered girl before quickly stepping ahead of her to both stop her from walking and to get a good look at her face. Blue eyes met black as she raised an eyebrow. "Are you alright? You seem to be somewhat red, as well as slightly confused as to where we're going." She dawned an almost motherly smile as she let go. "You don't seem to have a fever and your aura is still the same. Come on, I'm thinking north is..." She glanced at the compass she pulled from her coat. "This way."

"!" '...she didn't tease or mock me...?' "...s-sorry..." She whispered as she followed behind Scyn. "I just... Went wherever really." 'I wasn't thinking...' "I'm.. uh.. not normally like this."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Under pressure?" Scyn smiled as she pulled out her weapon, using the pistol facet to get the attention of one of the Beowolves hiding in the bushes. "Well, let's relieve some of that, shall we?" She fired at the white mask, knowing that this would be a distraction at most, doing nothing but provoke the beast even more as it charged. She began to glow faintly as her sword facet was drawn, the flat of the blade enough to knock the beast to the nearest tree. "Let's have some fun!"

"...." She watches as Scyn starts to toy with one of the Beowolves that she drew out. '...That's not part of the plan... But...' She smiles a bit, showing her interest. 'I have been a little too stiff since yesterday anyway. It wouldn't hurt to try and have a little fun now, right?' "...Okay." With a small smirk, she twirls her bow into her hand and draws out an arrow, locking the chain into its nock. As she draws back, she walks slowly, her eyes following some nearby bushes. As soon as another Beowolf jumps out to pounce on her, her fingers releases the arrow, striking it down into its paw. With a sharp howl, the Beowolf she attacks stops to ease the pain, she unlocks her bow to split it into two and lunges for the beast. In one swift motion, she steps up on the creature's arm, and brings one of the bow's limbs to its neck. She pressed a button to spring out the curved blade of the limb and the lines on her clothes started to glow down towards her hand. "Aarrghh!!!" Bringing her arm sharply up to the sky and stepping off the Beowolf, she cuts right through its neck, scattering its blood across the grass before landing. The chains that had been the bowstring fall around her in unison its head. "Hmph."

Renji merrily skipped through the forest, safe from the threats of Grimm for the moment. As she wandered, she took the time to enjoy the moment and scenery around her. "Hahahaha!" She then pauses one moment. "... I should look for that artifact thingy, too. Hm... Let's see... I flew in from that direction... then I saw that boy... and turned right there... So then... " She turned to face another direction. "The temple should be... There! Artifact here I come!!" She starts to run quickly through the brushes of the forest, not so fast as what a cheetah's speed would be like, but fast enough to snap a few lingering twigs and break off some big leaves with no sweat. "Whoo hoo! !! Ah!" At the last minute, she tries to stop her running, sinking her heels into the dirt and creating a dust cloud, however her crash was still inevitable and she runs right into another student. "Oof!! Oohh... Ow...!" She sort of sits herself up and finds herself top of a young man with black hair and drak grey eyes. His hair, though it would have seem to be neatly managed and kept proper, was now in a bit of a mess and his glasses were slightly knocked off his face. The student actually looked a little stunned, too. 'Ack!' "Oh my- I'm so sorry! I wasn't really paying attention and-" As she apologized quickly, she helped him up from the ground, awkwardly dusting off his suit. "I-I really didn't see you- Are you hurt?!"

Hope navigated himself through the forest with ease, finding no trouble in dealing with the creatures of Grimm around him. Just when he had made the decision to finally search for the temple, he sensed a group of Grimm creatures heading for one direction. "..." Frowning, he follows carefully, making sure to keep his distance, prepared to strike and defend for himself. Some time passed as he tailed the beasts and soon he realized why they were sudden so excited: They found prey. He hurries ahead in time to find a smaller girl in the midst of the crowd, fighting desperately to fend off as many as she could. 'She needs help.' He stands up from his crouch, shield tightly in hand, and jumps into the crowd, swinging his club around, bashing the Beowolves and Ursas that surrounded the girl. 'Even if she was with sword and skilled with it, this is still too much for her..!' "Grahh!!" He smashes into an Ursa in time to keep her from getting hurt. "Are you okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back