• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Other Students of Beacon Academy

Renji gave a black stare before realizing what she was doing. "O-Oops! Sorry, ahah!" she lets go. "Just a slight fair warning, I tend to be slightly clingy."

"T'ain't much of a nature lover kid. More or less just curious. An' drop the whole formal act, ya make me want to just...." O'Chere made a strangling motion, looking serious, "Ya know? Bad experiences with people like that. An' make sure that kid don't go clingin' to ya so much. Haven't been able to keep her off my back... literally."

"Whole formal act?" She scratched her head for a bit. "Oh, my apologies, but I mean no offense. You will find that quite a few from Minstral talk in this manner and even more are sincere with their words. Still if it bothers you to such an extent I will try to be more... casual?"

She did not mean much from her speach pattern, but apparently it seemed too distant to be trusted. Maybe the faunus, she really had trouble calling her 'girl' basically due to size difference, was from Vale and simply unaccustomed to how she spoke. "Thanks for the advice, but if it's all the same, I would not regularly shun company, unless special circumstances are met. I am from Minstral myself, again, sorry if my speech disturbs you, but how about you two? I would gather that since you wanted to see how high this point was from the city that you both come from Vale, right?"

"Gurl, hell naw! I wouldn't know my way around that city unless I had a map or was on a street that I've been shown. Nah, i'm from outside of the kingdom's wall. Worked in an SDC mine 'til my dad and granny sent me off to Signal. Something 'bout keeping the family line goin' and gettin' it out of the mines, somerthin' l;ike that. Likely it was cause i'm the oldest and actually had the guts to stand up to them guards since they like to beat us faunus up. Real problem in the work camps, aside from the White Fang." O'Chere cracked her knuckles, looking back out at the sunset.

" 'Sides, better off gettin' to see the world anyhow."

"Ooh! I'm from Minstral, too! I came from Sanctum Academy." Renji beamed. "But I wouldn't know streets myself, either, even if I HAD a map!" She sighs softly. "That's also ONE of the reasons my dad was reluctant to even let to join Beacon."

"SDC, the Schnee's? That explains, quite enough then." Scyn commented offhandedly, nodding to herself. "And Sanctum as well, it seems that we are all strangers to the city. I would have to agree with you on the merits of traveling though. I would say it is quite enjoyable meeting new people and sharing some time together, the school provided an apt substitute as well. I have to ask though," She turned to the more hyperactive girl with a tired smile. "If you are from Minstral as well, at the risk of sounding much to proud, do you know who I am?"

"...Hm..." She tilts her head, confusingly. "Um... You're Scyn Tyllaet Asteria...? ....! Scyn Asteria...? Weren't you that girl that was barred from one of the Tournaments...?"

"The one and only, really just wanted to get that awkward moment waiting to happen out of the way." She replied with an unfazed smile before she chuckled. "Pardon, but it really was awkward after, especially when people discover that much later than needed."

She laughs aloud. "Ahahaha! Sorry! And yeah, and I guess it would've been awkward later on." She twirls around a bit before stopping and taking a seat at the cliffside. "'Better sooner than later', right?"

"That way is always best I my opinion." Scyn agreed before simply looking back at the fading twilight. The world was turning violet from the harsh vermilion, which signaled the time to return indoors, but the sight of the evening star gave her some pause. The sky was clear, and if her prediction was correct, it would be a starry night that evening. "We seem to have a little bit of time left, before we need to retire for dinner at least, do you two have interesting, um, stories? I don't think I need to tell mine given that there was an article about it somewhere."

"Stories? Well, ain't got a whole lot except the time I batted a kid clean out the training at Signal, and the story of how the moon got all broken like it is now, but it ain't much. And kid, Scyn, whatever, never heard of ya. Now that Pyhhra Nikos, I don't see how anyone could overlook her." The faunus crossed her arms, thinking back about some of the stories. " 'Course, y'all probably heard the second one plenty of times."

MEANWHILE...

By now, Grey had sufficiently got on Cardin's bad side (and as a result nearly avoided a beat down), made friends with a few faunus, and found that DR. Oobleck was less annoying than the elder of the professors Peter Port, who was more focused on his stories of his own "achievements" than what his job required him to do.

"First day and I've already nearly gotten shoved into a tuba... These next four years are going to be such a head ache..."

"Hm.. No, not really." She chirped. "Just lived a calm life training and the like. Though once in a while, I fight with my dad. But, it's a healthy relationship, I promise!"

Hope, finding nothing else better to do, followed Grey around, and too, found Dr. Oobleck a lot interesting than Prof. Port, though he does pay close attention to him. "Well, you'll never know... Things change, always. It's just the first day."

Gelb was standing in an alleyway when he saw the airships landing at beacon. "Seems the cannon fodder is being brought in for introductions. I might just go say hi and take some souvenirs with me." He said as he bent down and tightened his boots. He headed towards a part of the cliff side he commonly used if he needed to raid the academy for supplies that he couldn't find in other places. He started climbing up and after a while he finally made it to the top. But as he was lifting himself over the edge a big section of rock fell out from under his feet. It was too big of a chunk to be able to keep using that part of the cliff.

"Dammit! Just what I need."

He swore under his breath a bit more and started looking around. To his right he spotted a group of people, one a faunus. He stood up, put on his best fake smile and started walking towards them. He cleared his throat a bit then shouted, "Hey, whats up? How are you all?"

He hated having to interact with people, but he was kind of forced to. He had forgotten his way around campus almost completely and figured these people knew their way around. He was just gonna have to put up with them until he had a fair enough haul of loot and then he could figure out how he was going to get back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hmmm?" O'Chere turned to this new guy who walked up, figuring him as just another person that came in with everyone else on the airships. "Why'd ya'll wanna know? Don't look like a teacher, you one of the other freshmen? Not that I care, we're in the same barrel here."

In the halls of Beacon Academy, a small faunus was scurrying about. Being crammed into such a large school was a big change for Cynthia and to her it wasn't a good one. She was lucky to have her lightweight armor on, the other students wouldn't hurt her if any bumped into her. Cynthia observed her surroundings and turned straight forward again to make a stern face. She needed to muster up all the courage she had to survive here. Just like a true hero would. "Don't be scared Cynthia...you're gonna be remembered here forever." She whispered to herself.

Then, another student passed her and managed to bump her enough to cause her to fall onto the ground. Cynthia cringed, "Ok maybe not..." She mumbled. So much for being heroic.

"Oh, hello." Scyn wasn't stupid, as much as others would say otherwise. The knowing smirk of her face was just there to serve as a deterrent to those who did believe in such falsehood. She wasn't perfect either, but then more often than not, she could tell a fake smile from the real thing. She did have a lot of practice after all. "Lost are we? I'm sure they supplied a map for all the students here. But then again, you were a student here, right?" She smiled lightly before reaching for her weapon, just in case it was needed. "Takes one to know one after all."

"Nah, I'm just a tourist. Im here visiting a family member since I was in the area and just now got my freedom back." He said casually as he stopped a few feet from them. He noticed the girl who was reaching for what he assumed was her weapon. He had already hated these people, but now he had a personal grudge against her. Suspicious people piss him off like no other. He put his hands behind his head and stretched a moment before crossing his arms and leaned a bit to one side.

"I was a freshman here at one point, not anymore though. I dropped out." In a way he was telling the truth, he didn't attend the academy anymore. Its just the means that he bended a bit.

Quickly after she fell, Cynthia got up and looked around at the others around her in the hall. She could hear quiet giggles coming from a few of the human student which only made her feel worse. She felt the fact that her mouse ears weren't hidden could be the other part to it. She looked around for something to cover them. Her eyes caught a girl wearing a ribbon around her waist that was perfect for her outfit. Cynthia scurried over to the stranger, "Can I borrow this? Thanks!" The girl barely had time to respond, but it was too late for any opinion as she untied it.

Cynthia headed over to a corner and went to tie it as a bow. The gold ribbon was knotted right between her ears and had a perfect round shape. She continued on in the hallway and kept a sharp eye on any students she could bump into again.

(Anyone can interact with her now)

Grey had managed to lose that Hope guy somewhere, likely distracted by some shiny bauble like birds would be. That didn't mean he didn't notice a shorter girl nervously looking around, fguring the shy type for likely being that nervous. Or maybe she was jittery? He didn't know.

"Excuse me, miss? Is something the matter?"

O'Chere didn't like the lok of this guy. Something was off.

"Alright alright, no need for any one to start fightin'. I don't wanna have to hurt none of ya."

"Oh, my apologies then, you just seem so similar to someone I know." Someone I see in the mirror in fact. She left that last part unsaid as she gave a courteous bow. "Scyn Tyllaet Asteria, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She pointed towards one of the farther buildings. "I'm sure you would find your relative somewhere in the ballroom, most students are currently gathering there to settle down for the night. You just need to check in with the teachers and you'll be able to see whoever it its you're visiting. I would suggest you hurry though, as the ships are due to leave quite soon and it would be quite... troublesome for such a small misunderstanding as getting left behind escalated into trespassing."

((Sorry for the extremely late reply, I think RPNation updated and reset my notifications options, so i was never notified til now))

"...!" Hope looked around about an hour later from examining a few of the school's infrastructure. '...Oh... I lost him, huh... Well I guess he was that interested in the structures and defense stability of the school or something...' He shrugged, being used to getting left back and started walking around some more, watching the sun set some more.

Renji had long retired to the ballroom after watching the sunset with O'Chere and Sycn and started unpacking some of her things. As she changes into her sleeping gown in the girls' restroom, she takes extra care to remove some of her armour and jewelry and takes a good look at her body, remember each and every one of her scars. Her hand lingers more on a scar from a sword practice on her shoulder, a misdirected slash from above and her inability at the time to protect herself in time. "...." '...The first unintentional scar...' Her eyes were in a small furrow as she stared at it some more in the mirror, before irritatedly slapping her cheeks lightly for some time and looked back into the mirror, forcing a bigger smile as she finished up and taking her things out with her.

"Pleasure to meet you, Scyn. My name is Gelb." He said as cheerfully he could muster. He really just wanted to tell them both to go and die in a hole but held back this urge. He looked over to where the girl was pointing and nodded. He could probably search around there and steal a couple things, then he could search around for a way out.

Thanks, ill be sure to head there right away." He said as he put on another fake smile. Gelb looked to the horse faunus. "Whats your name?" He asked as sincerely as his sub par acting skills could muster.

"Naw, ain't givin' it. Ya look suspicious enough for me to not trust, and believe me, it takes a lot to do that." O'Chere crossed her arms, an indignant huff- more similar to that noise horses make when flapping their lips- coming from her. She didn't like this guy already. Something about him just made her tail twitch in a way that it did when she was irritated.

"Alright, understandable. I do sport a bit of a mischievous look, don't I?" He said with a dry chuckle. It was no big deal if she didn't give him her name, but her being suspicious about him was a problem.

"Is there anything I can do to set you a bit more at ease towards me?" He asked. He had to find a way to get on her good side or it could be problematic later on.

Renji walks through the hall and and places her belongings by her sleeping bag. She looks around for some familiar faces, but in turn, shows slight disappointed her new friends has yet to arrive.

"Oh well.. They're probably exploring around some more or something..."

Hope had just finished setting up his sleeping bag by the one of the grand windows of the same ballroom, sighing with fatigue after his exploring. However, he was able to explore every nook and cranny of the school as best he could and even made a few acquaintances, students and teachers alike. As he slides down on his sleeping bag, he watches many of the other students converse with each other, more notably, a tall girl with flaring blonde curls and a younger girl with black hair who was writing some kind of letter. "...She seems a bit young to be here..." He wondered quietly as he frowned a bit in confusion. "She must be really skillful..." He starts reminiscing about his life at home and chuckles to himself, probably the first he's cracked a genuine smile since he's arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back