Other Large Nations Beyond Worlds Edge.

Eldagusto

I have playing Final Fantasy 12 lately after about a 2 month hiatus.  I have been thinking about how much I would love to run a game of Exalted and have it involve other Empires to rival the Realm.  I am thinking about nations that have survived when the Fair Folk Collapsed Creations reality engines.  These would be minature worlds right outside Creations borders in the Wyld.  They would be forces as large or larger then Lookshy, but smaller then the Realm.

I was thinking in the Northwest there would be a large floating Continents, like somewhere between Alaska and Europe sized.  With smaller floating islands.  Here I would pretty much import a being, similar to the Moogles, from the First Age.  They would have a lower Strength limit but would have a higher Intelligence.  So they would have those with Intelligence higher then 5.  And maybe some sort of predilection towards Craft and Lore, and would have awakened essence.  The Continent would have vast Jade Mines, and I was thinking about a small portion of Mountain Folk either seperated during the Contagion, or maybe some pseudo Mountainfolk made from those Fair Folk caught in the birth of Creation but that something other then Autocthon made.  They would have access to Shogunate level Technology and would have an excellent military because they have been fighting off the Fair Folk.  When they enter Creation they would be a force capable of standing up to the Realm, and they would be a true wonder.

One Island could would be a land beyond the trees, hidden in the myst.  It would be themed as a sorta Hyrule type of place in the East.  They would not have asscess to technology outside of a scattered few Savants who reinvented technology similar to that of the crazy wooden robot and brass durigible variety.  They would of sustained high amounts of magic.  They would have a military of Essence using knights/monks.  I was thinking of Dragonblooded as their miltary and maybe a Raksha or Infernal Exalted as a mysterious Darklord that tries to rule all every age or so.  It would also have trapped a two other Exalted Shards....

And finally some sort of Island world in the West, perhaps some nations would be underwater and some above.  I was also thinking of including those floating oceans...

Anywhoo just tossing out ideas.

I would not introduce yet another magitech superior empire into exalted. We really have ... dozens of those.

No no silly goose not as a part of my default setting but as an irregular campaign, similar to if you choose to have Autocthon arrive on to Creation or a Malfeas following the Empress back to the Throne.

I liked the intro campaign idea, cant remember where I saw it that used "realms in the wyld". I am even thinking of using it, get the charecters used to the game then send them East. They can do some high setting impact stuff there and return to Creation with some harsh lessons learnt.

Ohh sadly I have to move into a new college this Sunday.  It is 4 hours away so I bringing everything with me at once from my dads house.  So I am going to end up bringing a batch of Exalted Books, a batch of NWOD books which I am learning from scratch, and a batch of OWOD books plus the Scion book.  It took me almost two years to get a good Exalted Group in my last college...ohh I hope I can find a good batch... soo many books to move... :wink:

Try writing up a few flyers that you're looking for a group and posting them on the boards most colleges have about. You might also look into whether there is a gaming Student Organizations...many colleges have such.

Those are good Ideas.  My last college definatly didn't have a gaming population but the one I am going to is a quite a bit bigger.

Maybe Ill get lucky and my roommates will be gamers. :)

Eveb if they aren't...remember that people can become gamers. Back when I switched high schools...that's how I really met my wife...she was one of the people I recruited into a new gaming group. Just about anywhere, there's likely someone who would be interested. You should also see if there's a gaming store in the area...hanging out somewhere like that is another good way to meet gamers, trade stories, and perhaps recuit or be recruited into a group.

Well I did have to pretty much teach all my previous groups about RPGs from scratch.  So I may have to do such again.  But if I am lucky there might already be a White-Wolf Group! :D

Ohhh...I can hope there is a Gameshop with White-Wolf Fans!  I could find so few in all the towns I have lived in while gaming, and they were only DnD or Card Games at best...  But it looks like my 3 roommates may be geeky video game nerds like me so this may work! :D

Now, remember once you have initiated your slaves into the 'Dark World of Gaming' you must hide your influence over them from the rest of the world, while you slowly help them raise their 'levels' or 'essence' in this dark cult.

:P Or, maybe just ignore the insanity of various anti-gaming BS around. ;) though it CAn be fun to mock.

Good luck finding a game store with 2e books in it.  Las Vegas is not exactly a small town, but I've had to order ALL of my 2e books since there is not a game store that I can find that stocks them!  Heck, the local B. Dalton bookstore has at least the 2e Core book.

I'll admit our local game store sucks ass when it comes to Exalted...then again, it's on its way out of business for some reason...likely since it focussed almost entirely on supporting minature gaming...forgetting that other types of gaming exist.

On the other hand, one of my players and a few other fellows I know and have played with are looking to open somewhere new...which WILL carry Exalted books. :) As long as it gets off the ground...though since they've already taken out the loans for the business and are just picking an exact location... :)

However, I live in a college town. The Flint Area actually has more Exalted support than here, though. When I visited their Borders for example, they had copies of almost all the 2E books.

When me and the girlfriend started to study here, there was barely any roleplaying going, at least not in our age bracket (I am 25 and I really do not want to game with 17 year olds anymore) so we started something of our own and now two weekly groups are going and me and the misses play solo campaigns with each other... sometimes more than once a week depending on schedule and weather etc.

My wife is a occational member of my game group.  She started playing with us at first to see what the heck we were doing, but enjoyed hanging out with our friends.  She now plays with us when her work schedule allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back