• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Orphans (Private)

FlannelChannel

The Place: New Orleans

Year: 1945

Day: November 4

David looked out the window nearby his bed. Most of the kids were asleep by now. It was 11:45, the nuns had to be asleep, as well. Soon, their plan would be executed and they'd be out of this hellhole once and for all. David carefully crawled out of bed and walked to the door of the small room. He promised his roommate he would take him, but in all honesty, he was dead weight.

"Sorry, Will." he whispered. David then opened the door and quietly walked out. He memorized which wooden steps made creaky noises that way he wouldn't be caught. He looked like a drunk trying to make his way across town in the night. David walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where he and his friend said they would meet.

Nina was sitting on the tiles of the kitchen floor, knees pulled to her chest. She felt her bum start to fall asleep as she sat there, staring at the wall with deep brown eyes. Those eyes could tell stories on their own; stories that haunt others worse than any folk lore that any ancient race could have dreamed up.

Her wrists still stung from her punishment from earlier in the day. Red marks looked as if they were slowly winding up her arm, not unlike a python on a tree. They marred the tawny skin that seemed to be stretched over her thin frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nina?" David whispered. He pulled the pillow case that he tucked into he back of his pants. He planned to take some food before leaving. "Ready to take powder?" he asked. David felt excited and scared at the same time. "I can't wait to go out." he said. In all his years of being here, not once did they ever go past the fence. It was like being in the slammer.

(Take powder- to leave)​

Nina slowly stood up and nodded. "Yeah... Im ready," she murmured, leaning against the counter. The girl had already gathered up a few non-perishables and set them on the counter. She walked towards him. Well, limped over slightly. She had been developing a slight limp, from what one could only suspect to be an early onset of polio.

David gazed his eyes over her. "Are you okay?" he asked as he pulled food from out of the pantry. It was mostly Spam and some pears, though.

The girl nodded. "Leg's just getting a bit worse, you know?" She asked softly as her roughened hands reached for another can to put it away.

David frowned a bit and continued packing. "Maybe once we find your parents, they can take you to a doctor.. I hate seeing you like that, dampens my mood." he said. Suddenly, footsteps sounded in the hallway. David gasped and tied up the pillow case. "Who's out here?!" an old voice called. David grabbed Nina's hand and hurried to reach the front doors of the building.

Nina followed as quickly as she could, clinging to his hand tightly. They're going to catch us!!! the girl thought as adrenaline raced through her, every muscle in her body urging her to move faster. Once they reached the front, she fumbled to throw open the door and race out with her friend before the woman could catch them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back