• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Opposing Kingdoms [pastel/solarem]

Elisia felt her cheeks flush slightly at Aelor's response to her enjoying the waves. She felt almost as if she had disappointed the other Princess, and she wasn't sure why but she felt a strong desire to impress her somehow. She listened intently as Aelor talked about stargazing, admiring the way her eyes seemed to light up as she talked about them. She wished she could see Aelor talk about the stars more often.

"The stars are lovely," she agreed. "I don't see much of them. I, um, I'm a bit frightened of the dark." She dropped her gaze as she said that, feeling her blush deepen as she admitted her fear. "It- I know it's perhaps childish. I just... I worry about what might be out there that I can't see." Elisia wasn't sure why she was telling Aelor all of this, she hardly knew the girl, and Aelor hadn't asked to begin with. But something about her just felt... safe.

Aelor couldn't help but chuckle at Elisia's fear; "It's not childish at all" she reassured, being afraid of something you can't see is simply nature and not something to be ashamed of. While Aelor couldn't relate she certainly didn't think it was something to be embarrassed about. She pondered her own fears for a little while, thinking maybe sharing her own would somewhat relieve the other girls embarrassment. Aelor wouldn't say she any 'fears' particularly, "I'm not fond of many animals... dogs especially make me rather jumpy and nervous."

She'd never gotten along with any of the pets her family had raised; the only one she ever really tolerated was a snake that didn't really do much except sleep a lot. Dogs always worried her, they seemed vicious and deadly but people treated them like babies and it made her incredibly anxious. It seemed silly now that she really thought about it but sharing secrets with Elisia felt so natural, she let out a small laugh, covering her mouth with her hand.

"What are we like, hm?" She didn't want this meeting to end, she dared to consider that they were becoming friends and Aelor wanted so much more time together. The strong sunlight was becoming a soft orange as the sun was setting - she should try and thinking of an excuse to meet again. "I was thinking, perhaps... i-if you'd like to of course, that we should meet again? I feel like there's much more for us to discuss"

Elisia looked up at the sound of Aelor's laugh, feeling relief at what seemed to be her acceptance. She found herself smiling in return, a sense of ease that she had never felt before settling over her. Her smile brightened as Aelor suggested meeting again, glad that it wasn't just her who seemed to be enjoying the company.

"Yes, I'd like that," Elisia answered. Her smile faltered a little bit as she thought about convincing her parents to bring her back to Kahl Darr, but she brushed it away. She was sure she could make it seem like there was a lot more to learn from Aelor about her kingdom and what her parents were planning. "It... It's been nice talking to you," she said, immediately wondering why she would say that. Gods only knew what was wrong with her today.

Aelor smiled warmly, it really was nice talking to Elisia - she thought about what kind of excuse she could use to force her parents to allow another meeting. "I'll most likely tell my parents that we didn't have enough time today and ask them to request another meeting." Hopefully they wouldn't need much convincing, Aelor would tell them that they were simply amicable and non-hostile and that she could possibly get more information. She sighed heavily, "I've no idea what it is my parents even wanted me to do today"

She wondered how honest she should be with Elisia, "They wanted me to ask about your home, to gather information I suppose." Their phrasing was more like 'gather intel on their weaknesses' but Aelor didn't feel like sharing that.

Elisia wasn't surprised to hear that Aelor had been sent to this meeting with the instruction to gather information about her home. After all, she had more or less been told to do the same, although she hadn't been very successful. She had never been very good at all the subtlety that everyone else in the castle seemed to be talented with.

"I... I was supposed to do the same. I think they were interested in knowing whether or not you could actually do magic," Elisia said. "There were rumors that reached our kingdom, I think they just wanted to know if they were true." Why her parents cared, she had no idea. Other kingdoms were allowed to hold their own views on magic, it had always been that way. She wasn't sure why exactly they wanted to know so badly.

Aelor thought about Elisia's comment; unable to stop herself from sighing at the irony of both kingdoms seemingly out for one another. "My Father in particular wants to know if your family own a specific artefact; a golden crown of some kind?" she said, feeling like she could be honest with the other princess.

"I'm not sure why he has an interest in it, but he wanted me to ask about it." She twisted the silver band around her finger, a little nervous about the repercussions of using magic in front of Elisia, "Perhaps this is a little... selfish of me, but I would appreciate you not telling your family about the magic I showed you" she looked down at her hand, fidgeting with the many silver rings adorning her hand, nervous and regretful.

"If you agree, I'll tell my parents that I couldn't find out any information and attempt to set up another meeting?"

Elisia furrowed her eyebrows, thinking about it. Most of the jewelry she and her family owned was gold. Her parents' crowns, her own tiara even, were made of gold, but she figured those weren't what Aelor was talking about. "We... I guess it's possible that there is something like that hidden in the castle somewhere," she answered. "I haven't ever-" Her words cut off abruptly as a memory flashed across her mind. It was from years ago, during one of her lessons, when they had been talking about past rulers. She had been brought down to a locked room, deep within the castle. Inside the room there had been one thing: a golden crown.

"Actually, I think... I think we do have that. It's from a long long time ago, before magic was banned in Cerean. I wouldn't remember how to get there anymore, but it's somewhere." She looked up to see Aelor fidgeting, looking visibly nervous. She smiled gently at the other Princess. "I won't say anything," she promised. "But maybe... don't do anymore unless we're sure no one else is watching. I can't control what anyone else might say."

Aelor nodded along with Elisia's story, that sounded very like what her parents had wanted information on, Aelor herself didn't really care much for it - whatever the ocean kingdom did with their jewels was up to them, she didn't really understand why it was important.

"Yes, yes you're right and... I'm sorry. I never intended to startle you with it" she said, the image of her turning one of the lights gold replayed in her mind over and over again. There has to be a reason that happened, but she had been told many times by lecturers and scholars that only her bloodline was able to wield magic - and of later years, only Aelor herself.

"I wonder, if it's okay with you; if I can write to you? Would your parents mind if I sent letters? Mine don't tend to pay any mind to what I do around the castle but I wouldn't want to cause any strife for you, plus it will help set up another meeting"

Elisia was surprised by Aelor's inquiry about writing letters. She had never had anyone to write letters to before, but she really wasn't sure how her parents would feel about her receiving letters from a rival kingdom. She bit her lip, toying with the idea for a minute before saying, "I think... I think it will be fine. I can just tell them a story. Something like I'm only pretending to be your friend to learn more?" Elisia didn't want to lie to her parents, but she also didn't want to have to stop talking to Aelor. As much as the magic had startled her originally, it had also been kind of.... exciting. And besides that, Aelor was friendly and kind. And incredibly beautiful. Not that it mattered of course. "I would like to write letters to you."

Happy with the fact that Elisia was ok with sending letters; Aelor offered the other princess a cup of tea and poured one for herself. She'd sat in on her Fathers meetings before, and never felt this relaxed or this intrigued in another person before; something about Elisia was alluring and made Aelor want more - more knowledge about her, more closeness, more opportunities to see her. She stared into her tea, trying to stop thinking about how the other Princess seemed so much like a warm summer day, and instead tried to come up with random things to talk about.

She was spared the small-talk however, when a guard knocked on the door.
"Your highness, it's time we departed" he said, glancing at Elisia nervously. She finished her tea, "Very well, prepare the carriage for me" The guard closed the door after a respectful bow; "Well, Princess Elisia, it was indeed a pleasure to have met you" she said with a sincere smile. "I'll write to arrange another meeting should our parents permit it."

Elisia jumped slightly at the knock on the door. She had been so caught up in talking to Aelor that she nearly forgot there were guards around every corner. She shrank back slightly from the guard's gaze, feeling once again the nerves she had felt upon arriving here. "It- it was nice to meet you as well, Princess Aelor," she responded, offering a small smile back to the other Princess. "I'll be waiting for your letter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back