Anime & Manga Opinion On Code Geass?

I remember watching Code Geass when I was younger, so I'm not too clear with what actually happened. I just remember that I loved it and watched it when it came on Adult Swim and kinda faded out on it when my favorite character was killed. But like with all anime's I say to just give it a try and see how you feel about it. You never know, someone might feel some way and when you watch it, you might feel an entirely different way.

To be honest, I tried watching it and got pretty far, but what ruined it for me were the characters.The action was average, the character designs were pretty interesting and the animation wasn't really anything to smile about. It's not a BAD anime, don't get me wrong, it's just not as fantastic as everyone makes it out to be. As the anime progressed, anyone beyond Lelouch annoyed me to all damn end. They tried to balance the idea of very typical anime with a slight harem aspect and cringey romance with psychological thrillers and advanced military tactics. Let's just say, in my opinion, they ended up losing this balance and it turned more into some horrible melodrama that I couldn't sit through. The 'romantic interests' prevented any form of character development and forced the characters to not make big or interesting decisions that could have made things so much more intriguing. This was its major fall back in my eyes and eventually, I just couldn't take it seriously. If they had focused more on what made it absolutely amazing then perhaps I would still watch it but, one can only take so much the Young and the Restless. XDD

I personally loved Code Geass. I honestly enjoyed the drama that Lelouch always had, his lazy confidence, his genius, and his weakness. His pride, his break downs, and his reasoning hightly reminds me of my own. I mean as a writer, I've even used a lot of his reasoning in my writing with morally abstract characters. I would say that however, there aren't may characters that actually shine out that much appart for a few. Most of the characters are there to supplement him. However I do love some of them quite a bit. I can't wait for the next season that is promised to come out. Hope its good.

One of the best anime I have ever watched and lets say I watched my share. Ofcourse this is in its own genre but it extends to so many genre it is hard to give it a simple one. Personally I liked clamps character designs it reminds me Clamps other works like magical knight rayearth or Tsubasa chronicles, there is also ones that i didnt watch much like cardcaptor sakura and xxxholic.

It's popular but I don't know why. The main character whines a lot about his God complex and the fact that he is named after a doily. Every character's limbs look like Michael Jordan's final slam dunk in Space Jam.

I really liked Code Geass. It has good action, a good plot, and the songs by Flow are excellent. I'd definitely recommend it to friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back