• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Open] Warriors: Coming Storm (OC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to the "Warriors: Coming Storm" OOC. Feel free to discuss things here as well as ask any questions. Casual banter is also welcome!

I also forgot to mention, but if anyone would like to fill the deputy role, you'll have to convince me why you should be my deputy :D (More like make a good character and ask if you can be deputy. I'll try to be as objective as I can.)

I've got my CS up - let me know if there's anything you want to see changed.~

I'm also open to relationships of any nature if people are interested.

Halfstep

clan rank:
Warrior
clan specialty:
Adept Hunter | Teaching Affinity

defining features:
A dark tabby coat with a white underbelly. The toes of her front left paw are tipped with white and her eyes are a pale yellow.

personality:
Positive-
  • Optimistic
  • Patient with Others
  • Resourceful
  • Resilient
Neutral-
  • Ambitious
  • Outspoken
  • Observant
Negative-
  • Prone to Impulsive Behavior
  • Harsh Self-Critic
  • Sensitive

notable relationships:
N/A
biography: (scroll)
Born as Halfkit in a litter of three, Halfstep began her life as a runt overshadowed by her two larger brothers. Her name itself was derived from her diminutive size as, according to her mother, she was but half the size of her siblings at birth. The she-cat was never sickly as a kit however, and the teasing of her brothers fueled her determination to become a warrior able to show them up for a change. When she began her apprenticeship, Halfstep's - then Halfpaw - lithe frame proved more adept at navigating the terrain of her home than her brothers' bulkier forms. It was here, where she could use her size to her advantage, that Halfstep found her prowess.

Over the course of her apprenticeship, Halfstep gained an aptitude for hunting that would later influence her warrior name. The night of her warrior's vigil was the proudest of her life - the fact that she performed it alongside her brothers but another reason to preen. As a warrior, the she-cat has made a point of interacting with the kits and young apprentices in Summit Clan's camp as much as she can. It is her hope to be granted an apprentice of her own.

codedbycrucialstar
Accepted. Glad to have our first addition.

Name:
Duckstream

tumblr_nifva9coy91u34fyoo1_1280.png

Clan Rank:
Warrior

Clan Specialty:
Fishing and Swimming

Personality:
-Debonair: Confident and well-groomed, with a fair bit of charisma
-Reverential: Treats cats with respect, until they prove to her personally that they do not deserve that respect, including kittypets, rogues, etc.
-Patient: An important trait in any good fisher, she can wait long periods of time for a fish to swim by that she can grab
-Authoritarian: While fairly kind and playful, she is strict on rules. You break a rule, you get punished. Plain and simple. Leaders who are overly forgiving annoy her greatly
-Irreligious: Doesn't believe in Starclan. She still respects everyone who does and the rules they follow because of Starclan, but doesn't believe in there actually being a clan that cats join once they're dead. Takes predictions and prophecies with a grain of salt. She thinks that medicine cats just have it drilled in their heads that they can talk to Starclan so they take every weird dream they have as a message, possibly twisting it due to lack of memory or just straight up lying
-Non-Aggressive: Doesn't get angry very often and hasn't really had the chance nor wanted to fight anyone other than during training sessions
-Not a Fighter: Avoids conflict and would rather run or swim away than fight. She'd rather help others also leave with her, even if she should be fighting instead. She can fight, just strongly chooses not to
-Hard Time Adapting: If the stream suddenly dried up, she wouldn't really know what to do

Brief History:
Duckstream was always a bit odd. For one, she was born with webbed toes, which was extremely unusual in the clan. This caused some cats in the clan to freak out, claiming this was a sign from Starclan that this child was going to destroy the clan or a reincarnation of an evil cat from the past or whatever crazy religious cats said back in the day, while others claimed that her mother had went off and had an affair with a Reefclan cat. But her mom and Duckkit were both strong cats who were able to get through the criticism, even though it did hurt that many cats viewed them in these terrible ways.

When Duckkit turned to Duckpaw, she quickly revealed to the clan her unusual talents and passions, swimming and fishing. It was baffling to both her mentor and everyone else how she was so good at it so naturally, as no one else could really fish at the time or liked water, and yet, here she was, catching them like everyone else caught mice or birds. Personally, Duckpaw was confused why they didn't take more of an advantage of this wonderful food resource, especially since fish tasted so good compared to all the other prey you could catch. While strange, this talent gained her some respect from her fellow clanmates, though not by all. Some were upset when she was made a warrior, as they felt her best skills shouldn't be swimming or fishing and thought she should become extremely good at either hunting or fighting before she was given her warrior name. But her leader saw that she was just as much a warrior at that point as any other warrior in the clan, thus, they gave her the name Duckstream.

Miscellaneous Information:
-Was given the prefix Duck because of her webbed toes, which reminded her mother of the bird
-Is an only kit
-Given the suffix Stream because she proved herself using the stream that was on their territory, and obviously because of her fishing and swimming capabilities
-Would love to teach an apprentice how to fish and swim, since she thinks the clan should use it more
-Was turned off heavily from the belief in Starclan due to many believers shaming her for her webbed paws from an early age​
Accepted. Very well made. If you'd like you could be Sootpaw's mentor. Up to you.

WeslynRps WeslynRps I only have two problems with your cs right now...
1. I see no reason there would be a rouge kit anywhere close enough to the clan camp that your character would have been in a fight with said kit. Plus, the clan would have quickly realized you were gone and get you back to the nursery.
2. Even if we found a way to explain my first point, under no circumstance would your name prefix change upon a naming ceremony. If you were a kittypet, which in this rp would not be possible due to the location of the clan territories, then a name change could make sense. So either you can be born as Ratelkit, or you're born as Sandkit. That's up to you which name to keep.

Presumably I’m good to go to main now? I know, dumb question but just wanna make sure

Also probably gonna make a male character, since the current gender ratio is like 4:2 and they’re all your characters. Maybe also one of the brothers for LostWhispers LostWhispers character as well if they’re down?

Presumably I’m good to go to main now? I know, dumb question but just wanna make sure

Also probably gonna make a male character, since the current gender ratio is like 4:2 and they’re all your characters. Maybe also one of the brothers for LostWhispers LostWhispers character as well if they’re down?
Not quite, I want to give others a chance to make their characters. Once one or two more people make characters I'll open up the main. As for the second character, feel free. So long as Lost is okay with the brother idea I'm fine with that as well.

I have no problem with you playing one of Halfstep’s brothers. Let me know if you have any questions or ideas or w/e.

I’ll likely make another character myself as well.

I’m sorry for not being too active with you guys lately; work has been really slowing me down lately :(

However, since I have no school on Monday, I do want to start working on my character as soon as possible

LostWhispers LostWhispers Yeah, I actually did! You mentioned that the brothers teased your character a lot and were both bigger cats? I was thinking the third brother was somewhat clumsy due to his size and fell off one of the cliffs because of that, which caused my character to realize how important family was, thus, becoming close with Halfstep, stopping all the teasing, and becoming overly protective instead

And I do have a question too. When you say teasing, what kind of teasing? Like harsh or light teasing?

LostWhispers LostWhispers Yeah, I actually did! You mentioned that the brothers teased your character a lot and were both bigger cats? I was thinking the third brother was somewhat clumsy due to his size and fell off one of the cliffs because of that, which caused my character to realize how important family was, thus, becoming close with Halfstep, stopping all the teasing, and becoming overly protective instead

And I do have a question too. When you say teasing, what kind of teasing? Like harsh or light teasing?

Mostly light teasing - nothing cruel or untoward. There’s no hate between the siblings, just a bit of rivalry and competitiveness. And that idea sounds swell!

LostWhispers LostWhispers Oh okay! So the teasing probably would remain in that case, if it wasn’t mean. Alright, awesome! I’ll get to work on him now! Anything specific I should know about Halfstep’s family or anything specific I should include with his character?

LostWhispers LostWhispers Oh okay! So the teasing probably would remain in that case, if it wasn’t mean. Alright, awesome! I’ll get to work on him now! Anything specific I should know about Halfstep’s family or anything specific I should include with his character?

Yep, I’d say the teasing is still there though Halfstep is more privy of egging it on and joining in than she was as a kit.

As far as her family goes... I haven't thought too much on that front. I pictured her litter as their mother’s second, but nothing beyond that. Even names haven’t been cemented (in case anyone wanted to play as a part of her family as you are) so feel free to take liberties as you like.

DVationz DVationz Hey just a heads up before you approve Mudblink, I think I'm gonna age him down cause I don't want two male warriors running around at the beginning because that'd be kind of boring for me

Name:
Mudblink

tumblr_ob6ritsoIK1u34fyoo9_1280.png

Clan Rank:
Warrior

Clan Specialty:
Speed

Personality:
-Quick-Thinker: Very important when running full speed, he's able to make decisions quickly and effectively without any hesitation
-Observant: Constantly aware of his surroundings and environment, notices the little things, and usually the first to know when something is wrong
-Generous: If the prey pile doesn't have enough food for everyone, he'll choose not to eat
-Obedient: Usually listens to orders and instruction without question, will take lots of convincing to disobey either the code or Foxstar
-Self-Conscious: Doesn't like too much attention on himself or being the center of attention, avoids public speaking
-Insecure: Not very big or muscular, and he knows it. Mudblink can't help but wish he could be a larger and more attractive tom
-Socially Awkward: Due to his insecurity, often makes bad jokes at the wrong times and either doesn't know when he's being flirted with or when he does, he has no clue what to do and may just run away
-Impulsive: While he does think quickly, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the best decision

Brief History:
Mudblink, while he doesn't look all that special, is exceptional at one thing. Running. He was always the victor in a game of tag as a kit and was already as fast as many of the apprentices. Mudblink only became faster with age, zipping across the mountainous terrain like it was a open field. His speed proved to have many advantages, like being able to hunt better and while he isn't a hard hitter in combat, he's able to land many hits and is very good at avoiding getting hit himself. It wasn't long before he was given the title of a warrior.

But throughout his life, he often noticed how much praise the big, strong toms of the clan got. While he was equally as talented as them, he didn't get quite as much recognition for it. This coupled with what he considers a plain appearance, made him become very socially awkward and with a lack of self-confidence. The idea of getting a mate feels like a distant thing that he can run all he wants towards but will be the one thing he never quite catches. Doesn’t stop him from dreaming of getting a mate, even if he doesn’t really see himself getting over his anxiety or nerves enough to actually achieve it

Miscellaneous Information:
-Talks pretty quickly, you gotta pay extra attention when he speaks
-Has one sibling (if anyone would like to play said sibling, I’m down ^~^)
-Has pretty good endurance as well​
Accepted, I'm aware you mentioned changing his age which is also accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back