• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon? Robots? AIs? Oh my...

JessieSune

Legendary(ish) Pokemon
It's 2436. The lines between people and Pokemon and AI have blurred to the point where one can become another overnight, in the blink of an eye, sometimes. It's a beautifully peaceful planet...and yet...something is off. Two of this worlds denizens sense a problem. Unable to determine just what might be the cause, they find each other on accident and set off a chain of events that may change the world as not only they, but everyone around them, sees it.

---

The falling rain made a pleasant backdrop for Verity's contemplation.

Last edited:
The small Pikachu's nose twitched as he looked up towards the rainy sky. The orange-furred mouse sighed. It was nice and peaceful with the rain, but he didn't know what he could do now that it was raining. The Electric-type turned his gaze from the sky, looking around for anyone that might be in the area with him. Perhaps he could find someone? He was restless. There was something off that he didn't like and he wanted to do his best to get his mind off it for the time being. But who knew if that would happen.

Verity smelled a change in the air and turned to see a Pikachu, of the shiny variety if her eyes weren't mistaken. He seemed a bit anxious -- an unusual emotion on such a pleasant day. With a gentle gait and pleasant smile she approached.

"Pleasant day to you, friend. I'm Verity, Absol Unit #14, Sector 12, Shift 3. Are you lost? Or can I assist you in some other fashion?"

Her black eyes flashed a shade of green, reflecting her emotional status even as the radar embedded in her horn scanned the area for potential dangers. Finding none, she returned her gaze to the newcomer.

At the sudden voice, a female by the sound of it, the small mouse jumped a bit in surprise. He turned to face the Absol. His ear twitched as the orange Pikachu watched her apporach with a smile on her face. It helped him relax some. It seemed as though she wasn't going to do any harm to him. Thankfully.

"Oh, um, hello there," he greeted her in return, offering a wave of a paw to the Dark-type. "I'm Keme, a um, Pikachu. I don't think I'm lost? I mean... Knowing what this is might be nice, miss Verity."

"This? This is Sector 12 of what many refer to as the Safari Zone. I'm one of the guard Pokemon stationed here to prevent the possibility of abuse of the system. My directive is fairly simple in that regard, but you don't appear to be one of the Pokemon designated for capture. Did you wander in here by mistake? You do not appear to have any artificial augmentations."

She nods to a sign indicating the location she just mentioned.

"It's very nice to meet you, Keme. Even if you're not here on purpose, I hope we can be friends!"

The Pikachu followed her nod to see the sign of the location. Oh, so that's what this place was. That explained a lot now that he thought about it. He didn't know why he was here truthfully. He was just... here. It was as if he needed to be here. Or maybe it was just because he wandered in. If she didn't see him as being one meant for capture, then there was a good chance that he wandered in by mistake. Keme turned his attention back to the Absol as she spoke up again. A small smile appeared on his face as he gave a nod to the other.

"O-Oh, yeah, of course! I'm sure we can become great friends!" he agreed, though if what she said was true and Pokemon here were to be captured, the thought of something happening to him or his new friend worried him. What if one of them were captured and taken away from each other?

"Telepathic reading indicates you're concerned about the possibility of capture. Don't worry, we're both safe from capture. Only designated Pokemon running the associated control programs can be captured in this zone. I take it you are what is referred to as an No-Tech?"

Her carefree demeanor belies acute senses -- as a sentry Pokemon, she was designed by the developers behind her creation for observation, detection, and prevention. Her amusement at seeing a fully organic Pokemon is as much inspired by curiosity as anything else.

"You can ride on my back, if you like. What brings you to my home?"

A sigh of relief left him at that. What good news. He didn't have to worry about something happening to him or her. The term caused him to tilt his head to one side. No-Tech? What did that mean? Due to being a wild Pokemon, he wasn't used to more human words. The whole thing confused him if he was being honest.

"No-Tech?" Keme piped up in reply, his tone questioning and showed how confused he was. Yet at the same time, he was curious. This was all very new to him. There was a small pause from the smaller than normal Pikachu, before he nodded and scrambled up onto her back. "I actually, don't know. I think I got lost and wandered in here by mistake."

Verity waits for him to take his stance and nods. Wild Pokemon were uncommon in her experience, but she had training even for them.

"No-tech. It refers to Pokemon without machine and electronic augmentation. For example, my tail, horn, eyes, brain, and heart are all artificial, and each have been designed and programmed for specific purposes. Lots of Pokemon are like me. You, however, a No-Tech, are...as they say, an original model, without any extras. Not that that's a bad thing!"

She thinks for a bit.

"Most of the Pikachu I've met have been comfort Pokemon -- coded for helping humans get through anxiety and stress. You'd fit right in! I'm glad you wandered over."

The Pikachu gave a nod as he listened to what she had to tell him. It was all so new to him. So alien. The idea of a Pokemon being made out of human-made things was strange, but... interesting all the same. His ear twitched as she furthered explained things to him and another nod was given.

"I see... That's actually really cool. I had no idea stuff like this existed outside of the forest I live in."

"Really? You must live deep in the forest, then. I'm a sixth-generation Absol Scout. It's nice to meet a fully organic Pokemon, however. Now that you're here, would you care to operate my controls? I could use a break."

Her grin is playful, unconcerned. For all of her programming she's really quite carefree, and very happy to meet someone new.

"Just place a paw on my horn and you'll be able to direct my body telepathically. Neat, huh?"

"Humans hardly come deep enough in the forest where I live. It's rare for my tribe to see any. And it's nice to meet a... metal Pokemon like you?" He blinked in confusion for a moment. She wanted him to operate her controls when they only just met? She already trusted him enough to do something as huge as that? After a brief pause, he reached a paw out to place it upon the horn on her head. "Y-Yeah, that is pretty neat..."

I hope I don't mess this up or hurt her somehow...

The connection is instant. She giggles. "Don't worry, you won't break anything. I'm not quite that fragile -- and I'm not all metal either. It's kind of fun, right?"

It's surprisingly easy. A simple thought or idea translates into action. Pretty soon turning her left and right is second nature, and starting and stopping aren't hard to learn.

"Mind taking me back to the base? I could use a bite to eat. There's something there for you too, if you like!"

"I like him. I hope I can get him at ease."

A small squeak left the Pikachu at her reply. His face heated up in embarrassment at that. Right, she could hear his thoughts. His tail twitched behind him as he helped her, it wasn't as bad as he thought. A simple thought or idea and everything worked surprisingly normal. It was like moving his own body now that he thought about it. He gave a nod as he took her back to the base to get some food.

"See? Told you my controls were easy." She grins as they approach. "Let's grab a bite to eat and enjoy the shelter over there."

A Lucario with LED bulbs where eyes might be expected waves. "Hello, Scout 14. Here for your ration -- and a guest too, eh?"

"Yes please, Remoro. He's from the forest and I was hoping you could make something fit for a No-tech?"

"Certainly! I'll have a nice berry mash for you both in just a moment." The Lucario turns, and suddenly his paws shift into sharp blades, which he uses to practically liquefy a table full of berries. After about thirty seconds, he presents it with a smile. "Here you are!"

Verity nods gratefully, then follows her controller's guidance to the shelter. "This should be quite nice! Thanks for eating with me. So tell me, what's life like in the forest? I don't leave here often, so I like hearing about the outside world.

A small chuckle left the mouse at that. She was right. it was very easy for him to control. He saw a ucario there upon getting back with the Absol. His eyes widened as he watched the Fighting-type get all that was needed for them. That was fast. The fastest he had ever seen before. The small Pikachu slid off Verity's back so he could eat the berries that were set out for them.

"It's well, different than here, I guess. All us Pokemon live in tribes and we each have our own territory. I come from the Thunder Clan, which is a part of the forest filled with other Electric-types. We sometimes have rival battles with other tribes, manly the Earth Tribe.. But it can be nice sometimes too. You can to be free and have no worries... It's... nice."

"Sounds exciting!" She takes a bite and speaks in between mouthfuls. "I didn't know No-techs banded into groups and fought. We don't really fight much around here, but the part about not worrying most of the time sounds good too. We're pretty peaceful here...there hasn't been much to worry about since Silph Co's invention of Techemon like myself."

She swallows before looking her visitor in the eye with curiosity. "So did you come here to scout the place out for your clan? Or, as you said, was it solely an accident? Either way, I'm glad you came. It's nice to have someone to talk to. What do you mean, free?"

While his new friend spoke and asked her own questions, he munched on the berries that he'd been given. His ears twitched a few times to show her that he was listening to what she was telling him. He paused as the Absol turned to look him in the eye. He wiped berry juice from his mouth before he chimed a reply. "Well, I was looking for things for the clan. We've been having trouble with the Earth Clan like I said, so I was sent to see if I could find anything might help us. It was an accident to stumble upon it. But yeah! It is nice to have someone to talk with.. Well, I mean, free like... From stories my mom told me when I was still a Pichu, there would be humans that wanted to capture wild Pokemon, so by still being in the forest, we're free."

She nods, her interest showing in her pink flashing eyes. "Can I help? If the Earth clan is giving yours such a hard time I'd be happy to offer any assistance I can. It's true, what she said about humans capturing Pokemon. To be fair, though, it's not all bad. The humans I have worked with have been very good to me and for the most part I've had little to complain about."

The Absol ponders a moment. "I assume the Earth clan hasn't heard of Techemon either? I imagine you and I could make quite the impression."

"You wish to help us?" The orange Pikachu was taken aback by the news. Though he'd be lying if he said that he wasn't grateful for the offer from the Absol. Any help would be highly welcomed with all the troubles that he and his clan were facing. She didn't have to offer her aid at all, yet here she was, willingly wishing to help him. It.... It was nice, truthfully. "I mean, yeah, you can help if you want... We'd be grateful... They'are actually planning on running us out of our territory, hence another reason why I'm so far out. Trying to find a new place to live if we get chased out. But no, they don't know of Techemon as far as I'm aware.. But yeah, we could!"

She nodded as she listened. "I've mitigated a few territorial disputes in the past. I don't like bullies who try to push their way into things. I'd like to accompany you to your home, if you do not object. I'm off duty in about an hour and then I have leave until my next shift."

Even as she spoke she began calculations. Setting boundaries for rival factions was one of the things she'd been programmed for, so this could be simple if she remembered to compensate for her presence being potentially unnerving to the wild Pokémon. She'd need to be cautious to avoid disrupting the balance. Nonetheless, she rather liked the newcomer, and it would be much more exciting than staying home.

(Colors aren't supported on mobile (^^)"

The Pikachu gave a nod at this. If what she said was true, and he had no reason to not believe her, then that was fine with him. He could have an ally on his side to help him with his problems. Plus, he rather liked the Absol. She had been nothing but nice to him since the two had met each other. He couldn't deny her kind offer, even if his clan wasn't suffering.

"Wonderful! I'm looking forward to it, then. My calculation is that our best approach is for you to take me along as either an arbiter or an invention. If you choose the former, I'm supposed to be a neutral party -- if the latter, I'm going to pretend I'm actually a design of yours so you can establish peace 'through superior firepower' if you will."

It wouldn't be the first time she'd pretended to be a robot. If anything, she was more than half-robot anyway, so it was even easier to get in character. Nonetheless, the Pikachu's warm smile was all the encouragement she needed.

"Can you lead the way?"

Keme thought over what the Absol had told him. Both of those would work, he figured. Though he didn't know how the others would react at first to seeing her, but it was a risk he was willing to take. He just hoped everything would go fine. The last thing he wanted was to make things worse for himself and his clan. But if what the Techemon said was true, then he was glad to have her on his side.

"Sure. Do you want to go now or...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back