• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Open or closed?

RikuXann

Send me to a party, a rave, or to battle.
How do I know when I can just jump into an RP, and when I have to submit a character and when I can't join at all?

There are several ways you can do this. You can message the roleplay creator or post in the OoC thread and ask if they're still accepting character sheets. Usually a roleplay that has the 'Closed' prefix means they are no longer accepting character sheets.

Is there actually a "Closed" Prefix anymore? All I have seen for a while was the "Novice, Intermediate, Advanced" and more recently "Simple, Casual, Detailed", I'm not sure if there's actually a way to tell open or closed anymore.

Also, to answer the original question, as Musician said, message the roleplay creator if you're unsure. As for character signups, most roleplays require them, very few roleplays are just "Jump in with a random, undefined character and have fun". I myself haven't actually run into any roleplays like that. Generally, assume you will at least have to fill out some form of character sheet if you wish to join a roleplay. I really hope that helped.

There is a 'Closed' tag and there are a few Closed games dotted about.

Captain Hesperus

Oh. I see. Thanks. I still have to manage to muster up some bravery to ask people questions though...

@RikuXann dont be afraid to jump right in! We're all a big friendly bunch here and most don't mind interest in their games.

Captain Hesperus

Seriously, as Captain said, we absolutely love new comers. We always enjoy being helpful and assisting in any way we can. Some of us may bite, but only playfully ( :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back