OOC

Oh! And DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , I was wondering if maybe there could be some bad blood between Etaine and lizard medians? I'm thinking that perhaps she underwent some trauma related to medians when she was a young child. Maybe she ran into a family that had been massacred out of a median out of revenge for some atrocity committed, and stumbled onto the situation at the wrong time, such that she was almost killed. I'll probably flesh out the details later, but I wanted to see what you thought about this, first.

Basically, Etainne will have to overcome a natural fear before she can get close to Sai, etc. Thoughts?

Hmm, I think that would add some interesting drama so I am all for it. ^.^

tfw you're really glad you checked this thread cuz rpn didn't give you any notifs about it even though you followed it :/

Ok. DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , Rustic Rustic , Reinhardt Reinhardt , my post is up. I wasn't sure if we were going with the "dead dog" storyline that I brought up earlier, considering the reactions of Hawren and Sai, so I tried to have Etainne follow their lead. I did want to put in a bit more lore, maybe have Etainne ask the child a few more questions, but in the end I felt perhaps that would have been a bit too much. I also kind of liked the idea of the child clearly being under threat, but also having to survive in an environment where one might not know if one will wake up in the morning. Guess I turned him into a pickpocket.

Ehehehe... hope that's not an issue. :3:

Ok. DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , Rustic Rustic , Reinhardt Reinhardt , my post is up. I wasn't sure if we were going with the "dead dog" storyline that I brought up earlier, considering the reactions of Hawren and Sai, so I tried to have Etainne follow their lead. I did want to put in a bit more lore, maybe have Etainne ask the child a few more questions, but in the end I felt perhaps that would have been a bit too much. I also kind of liked the idea of the child clearly being under threat, but also having to survive in an environment where one might not know if one will wake up in the morning. Guess I turned him into a pickpocket.

Ehehehe... hope that's not an issue. :3:

I was planning to make a child more of a wimp, but what you did was much better. Heck, it even gave me a better scope as to how I see, and I should picture out the town of Sorleim and its inhabitants.

One last thing. Since the discord chatroom has officially become open to rpnation members, I was thinking it might be kind of cool for the big bad or whatever we end up facing to re-animate an ancient piece of technology at some point in the quest. The technology in question being, basically, "Nightbot" the RPnation discord server admin. Thoughts on this? Basically, it would be a "Nightbot Beatdown" miniquest, lol. xD

I almost forgot about this, thanks for reminding me. It's been a while since I've been on discord, rarely went back there after the update was finished.

That sounds like a great idea, but it won't be part of the main plot. Instead, it will be a side quest/objective that you can accomplish, but is not necessary. Of course should you defeat Nightbot, you will obtain a fair share of SP, DC, and other bonus stuff.

Be warned, Nightbot will be extremely challenging if tackled at the start, but the rewards it will give will significantly ease your way through the early stages of the story. And no caps. [warning]

lol. At first, I was confused when you wrote, "and no caps[warning]", but then I understood moments later, and the blood slowly started to boil once more... oh yes... I remembered... the horror. Nightbot... I'm coming for you. :yakuza:

:edit:

Oh my! Has it been 111 posts already? D:

Hello again everyone. Reinhardt here.

The short post is a preparatory post before the fight initiates. It is made so that you can prepare your characters for combat through fluff posts, or simply sneak in a small amount of interaction/development before we do the first combat system test.

I couldn't help myself, lol, so I took the opportunity to add one last post. Etainne shows a bit of rapscallion nature, lol. xD

:Edit:

Oh, also, DergTheDergon DergTheDergon , I made Etainne and Sai have a brief moment of eye contact. I hope that the smallness of the act makes up for the fact that it's technically a bit of controlling Sai. If you don't want that, please let me know and I'll change my post. Sorry about that. :(

i'm so sorry, but it looks like my computer is dead, so i don't think i'll be able to participate, unfortunately. i have no clue when i'll be able to get it fixed, and with no current satisfying alternative, i'm frustratingly having to drop out of almost everything right now. i apologize profusely for the inconvenience.

I see. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Now, we're left at a number with which we cannot progress appropriately in the RP. So, I have two left options - to continue and end at an early chapter, or to simply close it out as it is.

Since you are the players, the driving force behind the success of this, it all comes down to your decision. Would you rather stall out the inevitable death of this RP, or put it out of its misery right now?

As much as I would like the rp to succeed, I'm not one for dragging things out, m'fraid. I would rather cut the cow's neck, cleanly, and quickly. :(

I think going ahead and ending the rp rn might be for the best. :/ It was fun while it lasted. I swear I will help a project of your go far one day, Reinhardt Reinhardt . This just won't be the one it seems. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back