OOC

Definitely not dying! In fact, we have a new member! @Zylvia was one of my partners when I first started Alpha Centauri, with her help we were able to create a lot of the wonderful ideas our characters will get to experience. 

I added some stuff about Androids in the Character Sheets page and tomorrow night I will post some stuff about their uniforms including their expedition suits, etc! I am on holiday currently and am only able to get on at night. Once I get back home I'll be able to post even more regularly and we can get back on track! You guys are the best and I really regret that you guys had to wait so long just for simple stuff on my end. 

I'm sorry guys, I thought this thread was abandoned! I have a bunch of free time tomorrow, so I'll get my post up then.

@MagicPocket Friend, you are amazing for coming up with this epic space opera to start with! I'm so glad this project is being rebooted; I've honestly missed these characters -- and we barely got beyond character profiles the first time, ahaha!

That aside, I'm happy to see new characters under construction. Keen to meet 'em and get to know y'all better ^_^

Now go enjoy your holiday and don't push yourself too hard ^_^

People be complaining about the Dodo and Jack be like "Well, it works better than SOME alternatives..." xD

I'll get to posting tomorrow again, was away for the weekend without a proper keyboard and now very tired. (I might just grab my laptop, hmm...)

WTF I swear I posted it! Ugh, give me a few to write it up again. I seriously know I submitted my post. I have no freaking idea where it went, really pissed

I'll be posting tonight, I gotta go to sleep now. Btw, I'm honestly just curious, has anyone read or watched the Martian?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/science/new-hi-rez-photo-of-europe’s-lost-mars-lander-uncovers-a-new-mystery/ar-AAjw4Ni?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I thought this was an interesting peice of news. I love little stuff like this, it makes my imagination run and gets me inspired. I only just recently looked up the Hubble telescope's pictures of Mars which are truly stunning.

Sorry I didn't see this before but I went to see that movie four times.

and I'm trying to read the book in between college stuff. It's SO good

I loved the humor. I'm no engineer or anything so the technical parts, but both of them were so good!!

Even as a total science nerd I was expecting there to be a level of it that would be at least cinematically boring, but I think the line between character and technicality was drawn in the right place. I looked up the author and he's really just fantastic

Even as a total science nerd I was expecting there to be a level of it that would be at least cinematically boring, but I think the line between character and technicality was drawn in the right place. I looked up the author and he's really just fantastic

Same. For a single character (mostly) book the author did such a great job breaking it down so you didn't get bored or discouraged 

Whoops, disappeared for a few days, work was tough. Also Cuppa Magic let me know that they are going on a hiatus so they are either dropping out or going MIA btw.

Anyone want to get a post in in the meantime? Then they'll get the meeting started and we'll do a jump to when they get out to pluto and or the heliosphere. I'm working on an idea but I think that will be the last party before they disembark the solar system. A bit of development will unfold there also ;)  After that I think we'll do a huge jump skip so we can get into some real action where they timelaspe a few years and enter a new solar system. 

@Rainzen @Goaty Goat @Zylvia

I will get a post in after I sleep today :)  I know its kind of slow going guys until we get to some action, bear (bare?) with me! And Zylvia, you aren't holding anything up, no worries.

If you guys would like to make second character thats cool with me. There's a few roles open, including Tactical Officer, Counselor, Navigation, fighter pilots, etc. Navigation can be played by an android. Androids are fully able to be played as characters and not just NPCs if you are interested. 

@Rainzen @Zylvia @Goaty Goat

Last edited by a moderator:
I will see if I can think of a nice second character. I could potentially also just take over control of Lily

I will see if I can think of a nice second character. I could potentially also just take over control of Lily

Lily is up for grabs, anyone can play the character, so you are more than welcome. The role of Head Engineer and Commander is also open if any of you wanted to make a character to fill that role or not since I'd prefer those be playable characters. 

Sorry for being inactive of late, I've been working my ass off lately with the holidays coming up to get everything done before the new year and haven't had much energy for roleplaying of late.

I'm so sorry about being MIA, everyone. The holiday season has always been insanity for me and we went through a bit of a crisis to add fuel to the fire.

I'm back in Australia now, so things should be a lot calmer. I'll get to working on a reply as soon as I'm able; it should be up within the next couple of days.

Hope all is well with y'all :)

Users who are viewing this thread