OOC

Hey, I'm thinking of adding some corrupt cop characters here but I don't know if it's a good idea just yet so I'm here to ask. His name is Louis Canon "Loose Cannon" and he works for the mob as a corrupt cop. Another one is Sergeant "Indiana Jones".

Mmm, Louis might be a police Captain but maybe I'll knock him down a peg or two down the totem pole because Sergeants fits him too.

So... how am I doing so far?

... When I wrote my last post I thought of spicing things up, but now I think I pushed it too far.

I just need some feedback here to know if you approve or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, shit.

In my character sheet I remember mentioning that Louis is a poor administrator and organizer, but that last post I made was anything but.

But, nobody else is posting, and there are no other interesting characters to show the political intrigue of the story. So I request that Louis be a competent organizer. I really really like to get into this story, but this is a roleplay and I can't go on without you guys...

This is the third post but I haven't received replies yet.

Most of the police are focusing on stopping the Midnight and Crimson shootout on the highway. Captain Louis Canon himself has charged into the fray like a maniac. They do not have time to respond to the death of a single cop when the lives of ten more cops are on the line with a high-ranking officer involved.

Logan heard the faint rapid shots of a firefight, an all too familiar sound, he quickly ran up to his apartment via fire escapse, suited up and drove to the shootout, stopping nearby and heading to the side the police were on. He quickly ran past, sliding over the trunk of one of the cars. He breezed by the crooked Canon, firing precise shots imto the gang members on both sides, getting down behind a roadblock. @SkyCommander

Louis heard gunshots from a distance, and several Midnight mobsters in front of him were shot and hit the ground with a thud. Apparently, there was a good Samaritan that wanted to help the coppers out. Louis and the driver buckled up their seatbelts, for they were about to plough through the cars ahead of them and hopefully run over a mobster or two in the process. Louis drew out his G18 machine pistol, set it to automatic fire and shot at the mobsters.

Behind a few Crimson gang members were also hit, and they were taking heavy fire from the police who suddenly arrived at the scene. With the unexpected intervention of two parties, the scene of chaos instantly became a catastrophe that was only thought to exist in the movies.

My men already left the sight because the helicopter the Crimsons shot down, yea it crashed.

Mmm... all right. I did not see that before.

However, I question how Logan can run all the way from his position as a sniper, catch up to a speeding car (when by all rights he shouldn't have) unless he is a Grade-A badass. And then knock down Louis on his ass. I'll play along anyway, it's just a little far-fetched... like Louis himself.

Well to clarify, I wasn't sniping, it was more of a close range vantage, maybe like 30 feet out, and I ran and caught up after you guys hit the cars and slowed considerably. It seemed logical too me, but then again my thought process is wacky

no i had this whole quote of my guy talking about like basically id kill every crooked cop, including you, but the Mob would have 'em all replaced by next shift. It sounded so cool and vigilante like then server errors gave me the finger

Ah, "the more things change, the more they stay the same" argument. It would have been good. And Louis would respond that one man can't hope to change everything, but only himself. Louis would want to strike a deal with Logan, and offer that they destroy the mob together with Logan leading the vigilantes and Louis leading the corrupt cops.

Louis would teach him the ways of the city and show him how power worked in exchange for borrowing Logan's fighting prowess for a while. At least, that was the plan...

Anyway, I want to add more details to the police station. So I want to make an sign-up sheet for an organization for the police located in the Downtown district. I want to show that there is in-fighting between the corrupt cops and that people are vying for Louis' position as police captain.

Below him are two ambitious "bad lieutenants" who have different skill sets. There will be more lower-ranked officers too.

@GhastlySquash

That would be a job for lower-ranked officers. There is 1 captain, 5 lieutenants, 25 sergeants, and 125 corporals/privates in the police station. Frank is a corporal, and this concern would only be relegated to a sergeant. Captain Louis is more concerned with the power struggle between him, Kord, and the newcomer Sinclair.

He has the resources and the cunning but he fears that it is not enough because Kord practically owns the city while Louis only controls the Downtown district. Therefore, all his energies will be concentrated on this while others will focus on Frank's killing.

Oh, to hell with it. I'm going to make that sign-up sheet that details the police station soon. I just want to get into the story as soon as I can think of the details. The problem is that I don't know the exact details of how they function.

I also want to add NPCs, but... they won't be police characters. They'll be politicians, people who run stores, civilians caught in the crossfire. I have big dreams for this roleplay.

Ugh, I'm excited of the idea, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. I haven't seen the other roleplayers around here and that makes me doubtful that I'll see more participation here. I'm actually thinking of making a roleplay of my own and take my character there. That way I can set the plot and  I can control the flow of the story without interference. Problem is that it would be the first roleplay that I would run.

No, I'm thinking of making something more ambitious than that!

It shall be a fantasy roleplay with magic and strange creatures set in an age of imperialism where nations patterned after Europe would conquer lands far from their own and turn them into colonies. To maintain law and order they would establish a sort of military police contingent on the colony to fend off the remnants of the rebels fighting for freedom.

Members will create their own magic system and will be free to customize their own character. You can be a lizard cowboy from the desert, a frogman in the swamps of a magical forest, you can even be a ghost for crying out loud but be sure to give me good details.

They can either be an ordinary civilian trying to not get caught in the crossfire or they can join the rebellion and fight against oppression! Or they can join the military police and restore peace and order for the greater glory of the empire. NPCs will be created and the Game Masters will control them whenever they feel like there aren't enough characters for one faction. Players can create their own factions, (provided they make the characters) you can be a secret clan of vampires waiting for the opportunity to suck the blood out of everyone, you can be a network of war profiteers giving weapons to both sides, or you can be part of the townspeople caught in the entire mess.

GMs may also create factions filled with NPCs if they want to. The GMs are important in controlling NPCs, because they are essentially players but they have the additional privilege of using NPCs. However, GMs will only control the NPCs they create.

NPCs unlike characters do not require much details to make. For example, you want to make a police sergeant so you give that guy the name of Sergeant Oliver, and you don't have to make his backstory and only a few sentences about his personality is necessary. But they still need to be played well to continue the flow of the story. So that's why I need GMs, to control the vast network of NPCs that will be present in the story.

You will be in a small colony, but there will be many provinces with a few cities. You'll have the freedom to explore the colony and if you have some acquaintances in the Imperium you can send letters to them!

There is a lot of magic and technology in this proposed RP. The place has guns and cars, but it also has people who can control the elements of nature. The magic users can have powers from another world, but they ought to not be overpowered.

(Hm, religion would be nice to put in this game. But that would likely lead to discrimination.... hmmm... oh well.)

Oh, I plan for my Louis Canon character here to be transferred to that RP.

The scope of my story is big, so I need GMs for guidance on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the roleplay will be on the scale of nation-building but it shall also have the storyline arcs of casual and detailed roleplays. In order to have a roleplay that satisfies my ambitions, I shall have to focus on the entirety of the roleplay, big and small. It shall not only show the struggle of a nation's freedom under the supervision of a distant empire, but it shall also employ the viewpoint of a single individual and his own struggle in the story.

I want to make a story, a complete one, because I want a wholesome feeling to it. If I make a half-baked story I'd grow miserable because where's the fun in making something that just doesn't work or measure up to standards.

In my roleplay, there will be a plot that holds the lives of every character in its grip, there will be a cast of real human beings and mysterious creatures with the same humanity in us, there will be themes that will question our human nature, and there will be participation as GMs and players alike will finally post at least once a day.

It's ambitious, so I'll need support.

I have given thought to the role of GMs and players within the Roleplay. I shall work on it now and send you the link later. In the span of 4 hours, I have thought of everything needed to start it. Unfortunately, I have to focus some of my efforts on an assignment that has been given to me so... I won't submit the full draft yet. I can only complete it tomorrow.

But read it yourself if you're interested in my proposal. I don't have much time so I'll submit it within an hour or thirty minutes after typing down this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back