OOC Thread

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
OOC Chat goes here. Feel free to use it as a discussion board, a hangout, whatever comes to mind.

49569720.jpg

Alright everyone, sorry for being so silent over the last few days. Been working on the lore and history of the world so I can put something up for you guys. If you check over in the Grand Archives, I put up the creation myth of the world and I'll soon be working on the very first history of Od so you guys have a foundation to start building characters off of in your heads. Then after that comes the character sheets and mechanics and hopefully we'll be officially starting not too long after that!

Okee mates, here's the link to the Discussion thread where I'm discussing the stat system, just to get that developed and out of the way. I made it first before writing more history so people have time to comment and banter it about for a while, hopefully it means that both the world lore and the stat system will be completed at about the same time so we can get started that much sooner ^u^ 

Read the mythos thread. It doesn't seem like the ancients created war with the humans. They just slaughtered them and the aoens sent them packing. 

Read the mythos thread. It doesn't seem like the ancients created war with the humans. They just slaughtered them and the aoens sent them packing. 

Next "episode" will explain the humans fighting back, it really does turn to a war then, just haven't written that up yet XD

Alright, been prepping some history and lore over the weekend, now to dump it all into the appropriate threads. After much careful thought and deliberation, I decided that the stat system as it is will not work the way I want it to and needs to be highly modified, so it will not be required in order to make a character. If/when the system gets developed, I will pitch it to you, the players, and we will decide if we want to implement it retroactively, but otherwise this will be just like any other freeform RP with unlimited character potential. Since I don't have stats to do it for me, I may have to limit some characters as far as their abilities and "power levels", but if you have a convincing backstory and detailed reasons why your character should be at the standard they are, I will most likely allow it. That being said, let the great info dump begin, I will keep you all posted on the progress of said info being created. 

I'd love to see some discussion in here, some character ideas being thrown around. I know without races and locations that specifics would be kinda hard to cement in place, but I'll be getting those up as soon as possible for your use. For now, you have your general fantasy races and settings; elves, dwarves, orcs, etc.; huge forest, mountain caves, open desert, frozen poles, and so forth. Feel free to ask questions and pitch ideas, I'll work with anything you guys have and I'd love to clarify any details or specifics you want to see added in to flesh out your characters. Remember, this is partially driven by player creativity, so you guys will influence the level of content tremendously. Have fun and let's get this show on the road! :D

@Horror 

@Ultraman

@MissObsess

@DemetrioMachete

@Osthavula

@Proxploxtops 

@Broken-Angel 

@SkyGinge 

@One Mean Ghost 

@DamagedGlasses 

@Lovable Dark-side 

@Killigrew 

@AxelWelrod 

@Bacon is fluffy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well uh.. here are the main character archetypes that I play these days.

-Mad Doctor Cleric

-Bumbling Sir Knight, considerable strength, but held back by some morals.

-Senile Wizard. Once almighty, he can barely remember his spells now.

- Sarcastic Jerk Bard with a heart of gold.

Hope that may inspire some folks!

I might try a person who wanted to become adventurer but ended up being a member of a gang of thieves. once of those cheery sorts who is not actually cheery if that make sense.

Got the first Race up, your average Human. That one was just a test run, trying to figure out how to format the post and what details should be included. I think it's missing a few "facts" about them, but I'll leave it as is for now. Feel free to look it over and tell me if you think there's anything missing, I'll fill those out as soon as I can. The next Races should go significantly faster once we get the format settled, and then I'll be moving on to locations and getting the map all laid out so people can really start putting their characters together. If you have any suggestions for races/places you all want to see, blurt them out here and I'll see about putting them together as soon as I can :)

I like to play a sadistical person or a strong sense of justice knight like person with obvious character flaws. 

Race Suggestion: Golems - Artificially made beings that were created by magic users inspired by tales of old legend. They persist as slaves for magic users, and their creation and selling is a lucrative business in some nations while illegal in others. Some seek to destroy golems while others fight for their freedom. No matter the case, Golems come in a variety of different materials from clay to iron to diamond, but all Golems subsist on ambient magic provided by magic users and areas of high magical output. Some say even "natural" golems are created in areas after magical duels. Golems will eventually cease to be if they do not meet the qouta of energy needed for their existence. 

Character Ideas:

• Ice Mage Huntress Woman from the Northern Tundra. Totally unused to hot places and the airy clothes needed for warmer areas frequently make her uncomfortable.
  • Wood Golem Magical Puppeteer. It quite good at carpentry and possesses the ability to control mannequins he makes in his own image.
  • An easily infatuated lover with a flair for dramatics and knives. His nights are haunted by his childhood in an orphanage.
  • An arcane rune crafter with an uneasy standing in the magical community. Known for her bad handwriting, but endless inspiration and creativity that borders on madness.

Liking the character ideas so far, I see lots of potential adventures coming from just the few we've got up already. I'll be expecting to have the majority of the World Overview up over the weekend, from history to a general description of the land. I don't have a map yet, but I'll be putting that up as soon as it's done. 

Race Suggestion: Golems - Artificially made beings that were created by magic users inspired by tales of old legend. They persist as slaves for magic users, and their creation and selling is a lucrative business in some nations while illegal in others. Some seek to destroy golems while others fight for their freedom. No matter the case, Golems come in a variety of different materials from clay to iron to diamond, but all Golems subsist on ambient magic provided by magic users and areas of high magical output. Some say even "natural" golems are created in areas after magical duels. Golems will eventually cease to be if they do not meet the qouta of energy needed for their existence. 

Character Ideas:

• Ice Mage Huntress Woman from the Northern Tundra. Totally unused to hot places and the airy clothes needed for warmer areas frequently make her uncomfortable.
  • Wood Golem Magical Puppeteer. It quite good at carpentry and possesses the ability to control mannequins he makes in his own image.
  • An easily infatuated lover with a flair for dramatics and knives. His nights are haunted by his childhood in an orphanage.
  • An arcane rune crafter with an uneasy standing in the magical community. Known for her bad handwriting, but endless inspiration and creativity that borders on madness.

I actually have Golems as a creature rather than a race, since they're created and not naturally born (I know your description says they can be naturally formed, but that's another race already :3). You can still play them, you'll just have to have a mage form them at some point rather than just spawning into the world at random. If that's the kind of character you want, you'll probably appreciate this other race I have in the works :3 

Since people are already starting to here, I'm putting up two new threads: Character Discussion, an open-forum thread for players to toss character ideas around outside of the OOC, and the Race Suggestion thread for players to pitch ideas for races they want to see and we will help them form fit the race into the world ^u^

Race Creation:

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/287389-race-suggestion-forum/

Character Discussion:

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/287387-character-discussion/

Do you have a projected date when your HP will be ready @Stickdom? It can be a month like March, or you can give a specific date. I'd like to know, cause I check this HP every few days, haha.

Do you have a projected date when your HP will be ready @Stickdom? It can be a month like March, or you can give a specific date. I'd like to know, cause I check this HP every few days, haha.

Unfortunately, I don't have a set date that this is starting off, it will begin as soon as I can get all of the content settled and posted though. I'm guessing that it will be before the end of January though, so no worries about it being as late as March. I'm just trying to work out all the connections between nations and the history and lore behind them, once that's settled the rest is easy and the RP will be open ^~^ I intended to get this mostly finished in the next week, but I'm setting a bit longer deadline just to give some wiggle room for editing and adapting to player input. 

Users who are viewing this thread