[OOC] Team Realm Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
So... we've got a colorful assortment. And I think it would make things easier for the ST if we were to at least start out knowing one and other, and not needing some deus ex machina or OOC knowledge to get together?

Thus far, we've got a Sidereal (Serenity by Rocketbilly RedCadillac/sssssz), a Dynast Lady (Water-aspect by me) with a earth aspected ally, Lost Egg 'Dynast' spy/assassin (Air-aspect by Gulup), Lost Egg Magistrate (wood aspect by Jukashi), and a Solar (Dawn by Scorp).

Given that my character is going to be heading out to hunt down ancient relics and such with a small taskforce, the dragonblooded PCs could be part of a brotherhood send out into the west by Mnemon (and possible allies), with a sidereal to watch over them (assigned by the bronze faction)...

The solar... I'm not quite sure how to fit in, I mean... it's kind of an iffy thing if you want us to know that you're a solar, even if you're on our side. On the other hand, it's kind of not nice pretending to be a mortal/godblooded around other exalts...

EDIT - any suggestions/counterpoints would be appreciated.

Tome's EDIT - Jukashi's character isn't part of it, it was decided it would be a conflict of interests for him to play both sides.

Might I point out that it's likely that while you are all acquainted with each other, it's not necessary for you all to be part of the same command structure. The Wyld Hunt or a sworn brotherhood is another good way to get your characters together.

And I believe the assumption is that you know about the Solar, but think of him in the same way as a bound demon. He is, after all, going to be under very, very close supervision by the Imacculate Order. In fact, he'll probably be under the command of whichever of you has the closest ties to the IO or, failing that, the sidereal. He's an attack dog, use him as such. :twisted:

Well, for now atleast, I walk a path of solitude. It really has to come down to whether you would have your char believe an anathema if it started telling you "lies" about being on your side. And if your char came to that conclusion about this demon is in fact tell the truth and is inf fact fighting on your side..how would that look if you teamed up with it? If your char is willing to receive any negative backlash from befriending a demon...then we'd be cool. Or it could be a secretive thing...not telling others what I am, but knowing well that when the hunt is on, you have a powerful ally.

many possibilities...but there should always be that underlying..."Can I truly trust this demon? Well, any wrong move and we'll have to put it down." So alot of sideway glances and suspicion would be forever present.

If your char would not want anything to do with an Anathema, then don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure I'd be in the service of Gold Faction Siddies and shadow you guys to make sure things are always in your favor combat wise. You're combating evil after all.

If your char would not want anything to do with an Anathema' date=' then don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure I'd be in the service of Gold Faction Siddies and shadow you guys to make sure things are always in your favor combat wise. You're combating evil after all.[/quote']
Actually, you'd be leashed to the Bronze Faction. The Gold Faction is pro-Solar if I remember.

Re: Team Realm [Dynasts/Bronze Sidereals/Repentant Solar]

Haku said:
... Lost Egg Magistrate (wood aspect by Jukashi)
Wait, is he in after all? I've lost track.

indeed... althou... the notion of a "tamed" anathema is somewhat appealing, Aria isn't exactly IO material, she's more pro-Mnemon if anything. The spy/assassin and the magistrat can't be said to be pro IO either. Perhaps, the lovely sidereal might be willing to post as the IO representative with a 'tamed' anathema? or you having a patron/mentor type sidereal whose cover as an IO monk is impecible?

and knowing one and other would be nice and helpful... if only we avoid confusion and inhouse fighting... but don't wyldhunt brotherhoods have some sort of command structure, even if it's above us?

Haku said:
so it's 4 vs 4?
And not 4 vs 5 with Juk DB?
Yeah, pretty much. If it turns out you need the extra power I might introduce him later on, but only if it proves necessary.

I suspect that firepower isn't something we'll need to worry about... if my math is good enough... I'll be able to handle the solars and lunars in warstriders.

I just need to be ware of those darn snake style users.... them and their yelling out of "COBRA!" is annoying. :twisted:

What about Sherwood.... He expressed interest a while back (in the Interest thread on this particular forum). If he was to join (not sure you noticed him peeping out of the woodwork there, Tome), that would make 5 Lunar/Solar to 4 DB/Sids. But at the same time, I agree on the conflict of interest deal.

Heh. Glass River might be assigned to take care of this Solar by her superiors, perhaps. And as their Motivations are pretty much in tune, I can't see why they can't work very well with each other... Perhaps, she might try to integrate these "redeemed" Anathema idea into the Immaculate Philosophy, defeating the Gold Faction by, instead of killing the Solars, converting the Solars to their cause and stuff.

I just need to be ware of those darn snake style users.... them and their yelling out of "COBRA!" is annoying.
Page 1 -

Solar: COBRA! *tears out the spinal column of a DB... in a superheavy plate*

Page 2 -

Solar: I'm cooking with Essence! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of Limit Break! Yeah, that's your spinal cord, dig it! Who's the God-king? I'm the God-king! I'm a mad God-king! How mad? I have 12 Temporary Limit on 10 Limit Break dots! I don't need a daiklave... Daiklaves are for wusses!

Page 3 -

Sidereal in a Warstrider: *stands awkwardly with a stupid face*

Solar: RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR YOUR HARDNESS! Your Warstrider is huge! That means you have huge Soak! RIP AND TEAR

Solar: Ooh! Here it comes! Here comes Super Golden Snake Combo of Solar Doom!

Sidereal: *Sequential Charm Disruption's*

Solar: *bonk* Aw! Persistant Charms--gone. Uncontrolled Berserker Fury--over. Change of plans...

*laughs*

No comments about the amusement there... other than it's a fun image. ^_^

Well, if you design your characters to kill ours that works just fine.

But I hopefully will never have to face you 1v1. Hopefully we'll have armies with us and a few hundred xp under our belt... :)

But I hopefully will never have to face you 1v1. Hopefully we'll have armies with us and a few hundred xp under our belt... :)
I plan for the groups to only meet in circumstances where direct combat is unadvisable. Social combat, on the other hand, is something that may occur between the two groups occaisionally. Essentially, the plan for having you guys meet goes like this:

1 Big-Ass Final Battle

2-3 Social Fu forced diplomacy situations (Such as while on neutral ground enforced by a superior power.)

Enough narrow escapes on one side or another to make sure that they know each other and, more importantly, hate each other.

By handle, I mean... fly fly away! :D

And then drop rocks on you from a distance. :twisted:

But I do believe combat in warstriders have to be tactical, as you're working with an extremely small mote pool after attunement...

What? Baring artifacts and breeding, I'm looking at no motes in my peripheral pool... a result of y'know... gundamium.

Well Im on the island learning the ways of the tropical monkeys and poisonous brightly colored snakes.

So anyway, do we know each other? Any reason why we are on the island? Bronze Faction usually sends me on missions so Im probably on the island running an errand of theirs.

I likely would be there for supplies for the ship while we quest for relics, loot and pirates/demonblooded/anathema/rogue spirits (to beat up for more loot). :D

Poor Dragonlings and their feeble mote pools. You will learn to fear true Sun-King Power! :twisted:

Tell that to me when I beat the snot out of you with a simple and reflexive charm chained together without a combo.

Oh, feisty are we? Tell that to me when I hit you with an unparryable, undodgeable Terrestrial Circle spell that will do more Bashing damage than you can ever dream to soak (did I forget to mention you can only soak it with Stamina? ^_^ ). Or just try catching me underwater first :P .

BTW, burn those motes baby!

*shakes head*

Water is my element. Trying to hide underwater from me would be a... bad idea. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back