OOC Chat;;

Erm... Because I'm not a GM and my character's a Basis I might be overstepping my bounds a bit, but... @ChocolateShake0, you should really slow down. Rather than being concerned with what a Physical implies, please notice that you're making your character impossible to interact with. No one else can Roleplay with you because you're simply too far ahead -- no one's even posted anything in regards to the cafeteria yet, after all!

Furthermore, you've been crossing Roleplaying Taboos ever since here... And, since I have time, I'll list them so that they can be addressed by yourself and @Handabooo. Note that I'm mentioning these for your reflection, so please don't take this as an attack on you.

1. Setting Modification: an RPr isn't to decided the basic details of the setting unless they've been told that they can. You've crossed this three times.
    First was when you decided that there were multiple NPC Reroutes & Basis before the cafeteria scene was introduced by Handa. This begged the question 'Were there really enough of them to be comparable to a crouded city cafeteria?' and, while I can't answer that given the fact I don't have the answer... There's a lot of evidence that suggests that there aren't enough people.
    The first piece of evidence is from the Synopsis, which reads 'Eleven was the first successful Reroute, or so they are called, that lived past a year. And currently, they are the only Reroute that lives at The Edifice'. This means that, shortly prior to the RP's star, Eleven would have been the only Reroute. It also means that creating working, living reroutes that last is difficult enough for only one in eleven to survive, at best.
    The second piece of evidence comes from this post, in which Eleven refers to the reroutes as numbers -- obviously Experiment Numbers. In that post, he mentions 17 (Buddy/Evan, probably Buddy), 13 (Buddy/Evan, Evan most likely), and 19 (Astrid). 12, 14-16 and 18 weren't mentioned, meaning they either A: hadn't gotten out of their rooms, or B: weren't present for 'unknown reasons' (i.e they were failed experiments, or were having something done to them that would exempt them from the schedule). The chances of A being the case are low... So the possibility of there being many (or even any) other living Reroutes is low.
    With the above two cases, it's impossible for the Reroutes to be so many in number. At best, your mention of the cafeteria being crouded would only be possible if there was an abundance of Basis... But that's unconfirmed by Handa, and deciding whether there're lots of them simply isn't your call.

Second was when you decided on the food in the cafeteria.
    You might not have thought it was a big deal, but... Deciding just what was being served at the cafeteria broke this taboo.
    In the cases of experimentation on the Human Body, diet is very important. Even smaller modifications, like pills, can require their user to adjust their eating habits slightly for the best effect. So, for Reroutes, which have almost all of their energy transferred to a very specific bodily trait, this should also be the case. That being so, I really don't think that everyone's meal would be green slop and morphine pills. Even if it was for comedy you should have cleared it with the GM, and even if the 'It's made of a bunch of healthy stuff' seems like a good excuse, it isn't... The fact that the food was served by a machine means that it wasn't customized for the experimental subjects individual needs in the least, which is a big no-no.
    At best, this idea for food would have been understandable for the Basis -- if the goop was some sort of all-nutrient dish... But given the fact that each Basis has a different background and physical condition, it'd still be a bit of a stretch.
    The fact of the matter is you should have waited for Handa to introduce the cafeteria to us, and explain what food was there -- or, failing that, asked them in OOC for said information.

The third cross of this taboo was the discovery of the Examinations room.
    I had posted as Livia that the floor-plan was simplistic... But that didn't mean that it always would be. Determining the site of the Physical to be so close wasn't something for you to decide. Changing the floorplan at will could have been a non-issue, but it's equally probable that the floorplan is something important to the RP, so you should have gotten Handa's OK before deciding the Physical site.

2. Time Modification: a taboo for obvious reasons. An RPr can't make timed events that contradict the actions or setting applied to other Roleplayers or (heaven forbid) the GM.
    You might not have thought about it too much, but the fact that there're Reroutes and Basis' inside of the cafeteria is pretty weird, given the amount of time that passed since both sides woke up. Remember, all that's happened so far is: 1: people woke up, and 2: people showered. That's it. Nothing else. Those events probably took 10 minutes maximum, so unless all the people in the cafeteria adjusted to the new schedule and moved on faster than everyone else, then it was impossible for them to have been there.

OK, here I am. I haven't taken any time to really read posts until just now. And @Ensig has made a good point. I'm not saying you did anything terrible, @ChocolateShake0

Also, just know that I am sorry for being absent for a few days. Not that I was upset at getting some extra hours at work, it just says up all of my time. 

Now, here's what we'll do. @ChocolateShake0, I would like your permission to hide all of your posts from the one where you entered the cafeteria. I know that I haven't been very clear with what's going on, but like Ensig said, I am leaving hints. This is a bit of a mystery. Savvy? 

Just know that you are not in trouble, and that this roleplay will continue on. 

Now, to clear things up, yes. You are the only ones at the Edifice. Or are you? If you need a reference picture of the cafeteria, please refer to my locations thread. The food that is to be eaten is on plates already set at tables. I had in mind that they consisted of differently colored dry bars of different lengths and widths, and that there is a glass of water to wash everything down. The Moderators give them only the essentials to keep strong, and there is no excess anything. 

I will lead you when it comes to the next parts of the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Handabooo

Considering the fact that all but the three of us (me, Yana, and you) are the only active RPrs here, would it be safe to assume the RP has died?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back