• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Only War

What type of regiment would you be?

• Armoured

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reconnaissance

• Line Infantry

• Light Infantry

• Other (state below)

• Total voters

Hellkite

*Yawn* Really?
GW404_WH40K_OnlyWar_HammerOfTheEmporer_Header_Header.jpg

Hey all,

I've been re-reading the All Guardsman Party stories recently (have a flick through, its an absolutely awesome read and an exemplar Only War campaign) and seeing that there are no other Only War games going on at the moment, I was sufficiently inspired to try starting my own. I love Only War, and I love the poor Imperial Guard who go up against the biggest, meanest things in the Galaxy with nothing but basic gear, weight of numbers, and grit. Every now and again you get special snowflakes among the hordes of the Guard, the individuals with spark, the ones with character who end up in the pf worst situations, tasked with fighting their way out and occasionally ending up on top. These are my favorite kinds of Guardsmen, and these are the heroes of Only War.

So I'm really wondering whether there's any interest to join? I'll be playing the GM, and already have a few ideas for different scenarios/campaigns. If this runs it'll likely be a high mortality game (these are Guardsmen we're talking about) so be prepared for some pretty intense scenarios and a body count which rises fairly rapidly. That's not to say things will be unbalanced, but I'm definitely hoping to encourage players to use prior planning and tactics in order to achieve their missions.

I'm hoping to find between 4-6 players for this game, with six being the absolute limit before my GM skills start to fall apart like a soggy taco.

If you're interested please let me know, and feel free to reserve any characters, or answer the poll regarding the regiment!

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Black Crusade? :D

[/QUOTE]
Maybe, if I can find where I placed my rulebooks for it! Could be really alternative and start with Only War, before slowly creeping into Black Crusade as the guardsmen are corrupted... I actually quite like that idea, come to think of it :D

I admittedly also want to give armored a shot. Also tossed in Line Infantry since it baselines nicely should we dip into Chaos.

I really, really want to do this.

Especially if we go with OW transitioning into Black Crusade eventually- that sounds really, really fun.

Dibs on the Squad Psyker!

Awesome that there's so much interest! Sounds like people are leaning towards armored, which is great: there never seems to be enough love for armour in Only War, and I've already got a few ideas for a campaign!

Sounds like we've got four people interested, so I'll start working on a thread and some fluff and send around the link when its done, hopefully some time later today. And yeah, as a heads up, we may end up making a gradual transition into Black Crusade, so be prepared!

If you guys want to start brainstorming ideas for regiment creation/continue placing dibs on classes, then go ahead! Otherwise I'll generate a regiment for you once the thread is up. If you want to incorporate rules outside of the rulebook, then let me know and I'll give guidance.

Still two places left to fill, so if you're interested feel free to drop a comment.

Really looking forwards to getting this on the road (oh the pun), have a good feeling about it! I'd better get on with the thread then... :D

@Crocodile

@SephirothSage

@Thief of Words

@Random Word

vinom said:
I don't have the books, is that a deal breaker?
You'll need them, but I always used to be be able to find a free pdf of the core rulebook on Scribd before I bought my own copies. I think you can still get them if you download the Scribd app for ios.

Is it too late to express interest? I'd love to have Kriegan characters. I have a deep and abiding love for them. Also, @Strom might be interested. He is a huge fan. Hope my tagging him gets his attention... He's a bit of a derp.

I am most certainly not a derp, you derp. Though Remedia does need representation here, I would suggestion an air assault unit, along the lines of the Elysian Drop Troops.

e2ba5e96c30c47ee7afffb856c3d7ae7.jpg

Damn, an Armored guard unit? This is like an awesome dream come true; would love to be involved in this if there are still slots, or at least be put on reserve because heck yeah I want to be a part of the armored Imperial Guard! @Hellkite

Stormsword gunner... AW YEAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back