• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OnexOne A Princess and her Butler (With Marias Ditch)

Alyssa's face mirrored Mark's. What were they? Did they just have a professional relationship, or were they friends as well? Perhaps on the verge of something more? There was no simple answer to that question. Alyssa shook her head to clear it of any troubling thoughts. "Then it's settled," she said. "Come back to my room at exactly 10:30; everyone is usually asleep by then." Alyssa handed Mark his own knapsack to carry, their fingers lightly brushing. "We can meet, then depart soon afterwards," she continued. "And I don't have to do anything important tomorrow, so if the doppelganger spell lasts long enough, we can stay until tomorrow!" Alyssa shuffled a bit and looked at her feet. She was standing about a foot away from Mark. "At least, if that's okay with you..."

Looking out Mark coudn't help but look at her, thinking about these feelings of his. Sighing softly he couldn't help but cross his arms before shaking his head looking at her. Taking the knap sack Mark smiles, "Sounds good, it should last 2 days easily and if needed we could sneak back to make it last longer." he says smiling at her, blushing slightly at their fingers brushing. "Of course, that sounds perfect!" Mark says happily smiling at her petting her head lightly.

Alyssa hummed happily under Mark's touch. He really liked to pet her head, not that Alyssa minded. Alyssa beamed. "Great! That sounds great!" Alyssa flopped onto her bed. "I can't wait I'm that excited!" Alyssa just took a moment to let everything soak in. "I'm just really excited to get away from the castle, you know?" she admitted. She turned her head so she could look at Mark. "It'll be like a mini vacation. And who would I want to go on a vacation with other than you?" she said. Alyssa took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "You know you're my friend, right? I don't care what my parents say you're my best and closest companion." Alyssa sat in comfortable silence. "You don't have to say anything," she told Mark. "I'm sure you have scores of other friends. It's okay if I'm not your favorite. I won't be selfish."

Smiling widely Mark watched Alyssa laughing, "Tonight we'll go on a adventure, just the two of us to see the outside." he says sitting down on the floor, since sitting on the bed would be improper. Looking at her he smiles sincerely, nodding "I can understand, it maybe dangerous outside but you've never seen the world." he says chuckling. "You're my dearest friend, to be honest I don't really have any others that i'm as close to." Mark says chuckling. "But I can show you the world, if you let me." Mark says smiling at her.

((Tell me princess when did you last let your heart decide (o'v'o)))

Alyssa rolled over into her stomach and eyed Mark on the floor. "Wait, really? Are you sure?" she asked him. "I've seen how the kitchen staff looks at you. You're secretly very popular," she told him. Alyssa said this with a light hearted tone, but secretly she felt a pang of envy. Alyssa glanced over at her wall clock. It was nearing five o' clock. She sat up in bed, running her fingers through her hair at the same time. "Well anyway, it's almost dinner time. My parents will be expecting me soon." Alyssa stood up and walked over to Mark. She grabbed his wrist and pulled him up to a standing position. "Meet me at night, then?" she asked him. Alyssa looked him in the eyes, deep in thought. After awhile, she decided to move. Very quickly, she stood on her tip toes and lightly planted a kiss to Mark's cheek. His cheek was soft. "Good bye for now, then," she whispered to him.

((Going to go to sleep now, bye!))

(YAAAAS xD I had to, sleep well!:3)

"I don't really notice the others, since I work here I am friends with the staff but i'm near you the most." Mark says smiling at her. Chuckling he shrugs, "The kitchen staff are nice, but i'm not really there much so I don't know them as well." he says thinking. Letting himself be pulled up Mark looks at her curiously, raising an eyebrow then nodding. "Of course, I wouldn't break a promise with you." he says smiling at her meeting her eyes. Blushing he stumbles slightly, nodding before smiling kissing her cheek back bowing and taking the knap sack with him. "Of course Princess." Mark says smiling lovingly at her before leaving.

Alyssa awkwardly waved at Mark as he walked out of her room. When he disappeared outside her door she absent-mindedly rubbed the spot on her cheek where he had kissed her. It was a little wet. Alyssa could feel her face and neck heating up. "Urragh!" she yelled, jumping face first into her bed. She burrowed her head into her pillow. "Why must I be tortured with this love?!" she moaned into her pillow. Her eyes snapped up to her alarm clock. She groaned. Alyssa knew she was going to be late for dinner. She begrudgingly got up and walked down a flight of stairs to the dining room, where her mother and father were waiting for her.

"Hello, dear," her mother greeted her.

"Hello..." Alyssa replied back. She sat down in front of her plate. They were having salad today. She absent mindedly pick at the leafy greens while her parents talked politics. After about 30 minutes, she excused herself back to her room.

"Where are you going?" her father asked her. He was a stern gentleman with a graying beard.

"I'm a bit tired, so I think I'll be retiring back to my room," she lied. Alyssa curtsied to her parents, looking at their faces. It seemed that they did not detect her lie. Her father nodded and signalled for her to leave. Alyssa rushed back to her room. She walked in, leaving the door open just a crack if she happened to be asleep when Mark came at night. Alyssa took the time she had to change into more civilian clothing, a red shirt with black leggings. She laced up her riding boots and put on a black scarf in case it was cold outside. She then promptly jumped into bed, pulled the covers over her body and closed her eyes. She wasn't planning on it, but all the excitement of the day wore her down, and after a few minutes, she fell asleep.

((Woooow that ran long sorry ( :P )))

Last edited by a moderator:
(Your fine)

Sighing softly Mark puts a hand over his chest, his heart beating quickly as he walks down the hallway. Thinking he notices the kitchen staff, smiling and stopping in quickly, "Hey you guys, i'm heading out so i'll see you around." he says chuckling before leaving the castle. Looking up at it from outside he hums heading into town for supplies, preparing for the spell that night.

Later that night

Sneaking in Mark looks around quickly, making no guards were around before he snuck into Alyssa's room. Closing the door behind him he blushes, going up to her bed placing a hand on her shoulder shaking her lightly. "Hey Alyssa, wake up." he says softly as to not alarm anyone else of his presence there. "We got to get the spell going, then adventure." he says trying to coax her awake.

In the midst of her dream, Alyssa felt someone tapping her shoulder. "Mmmrmgrr," she mumbled, flailing her arm around. She didn't want to wake up! She was having a very pleasant dream. A few words penetrated her mind "....Alyssa," then something something something "adventure," Ahh! That was it. She needed to wake up! She bolted up and searched the room for Mark. Her eyes fell on him. "Ahh Mark, hello," she said, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Sorry about that; I must have fallen asleep. Sorry you had to find me like that." She flung her legs over the side of the bed, sitting up. "So is the potion ready?"

Jumping Mark laughs softly putting a finger on her lips lightly, "I need you awake to make it, to show that I did it right." he explains. Smiling he stands up taking the materials out of his knapsack, including the container with their hairs. Mixing the materials in a good sized bowl he reads the books page, chanting something taking her hair out of the container putting it into the mix. Finishing the potion Mark pours it onto the floor, it forming into a identical of Alyssa. "Well how is it?" he asks smiling at her.

Alyssa's mouth dropped open. "Wow... it looks just like me!" she said in awe. She poked her doppelgänger's cheek. "Feels like a real person too! And we're even wearing the same clothes! Mark, I really don't complement you enough. You're amazing," she told him. Doppelgänger Alyssa ended up doing the same thing real Alyssa would be doing right now if it weren't for her adventure: she went back to bed. Alyssa watched her with a sheepish grin, before turning back to Mark. "Are you going to make yourself now, then? I can't wait to see your magic again!"

Blushing lightly he smiles, "Yeah it's supposed to look and feel like whoever the doppelganger is supposed to be." Mark says smiling at her. Watching it go to bed he chuckles, "I'll make mine next then we can go." He says to Alyssa. Repeating the spell but using his hair he pours it onto the floor, it taking his exact shape."Now to get him back to where I live so he can be like normal." Mark says laughing softly.

Alyssa stared at the two Marks, shaking her head. " You guys look exactly the same. Exactly. How am I to tell you apart?" she asked herself. She snapped her fingers when she came up with the answer. Alyssa undid her ponytail and let her ringlets hang loose. She pulled a black ribbon out of her hair and tied it to the real Mark's wrist. "There," she said. Alyssa grabbed her coat and fastened it. Then then grabbed her knapsack full of food and slung it over her shoulder. "Well, I'm ready to go; are you?" she asked him.

(Sorry about that, I was cooking dinner!)

Watching her Mark chuckles as the doppelganger leaves on his own, holding his wrist out for her. "The fake will act like I do, come at a certain timem etc." he explains as she ties the black ribbon around his wrist smiling at her. Packing up his bag with the other materials he smiles nodding, "I'm ready, I have rope for us to climb down with then we can take it back." Mark says chuckling taking out a bundle of rope before tying it to the window. Tying it he moves out of the way, "Ladies first." he says smiling at her warmly.

((Sorry about not posting yesterday! I'm in the marching band, and we had a football game yesterday, so I literally had no time))

"Oh dear, okay, here I go..." Alyssa tied her knapsack to her back and looked out the window. She gulped. It was a long way down and if she slipped, well, her country will be without a heir. "Okay..." she mumbled. Alyssa swung one foot out of her window, then the other one. Now she was sitting on the window ledge. She gripped the rope tightly with both hands, took a deep breath, and lowered herself down. Using her feet to prep herself against the wall, she slowly made her way down. The rope burned her hands, but she dared not let go. Her eyes were closed tightly shut. She did not want to look down. After awhile, her feet finally felt ground. Alyssa sighed in relief and let go of the rope. She looked at her hands. They were red from the rope. It was okay. A small price to pay for freedom. She waved her hand up to Mark to let him know she was okay.

(Nah your good don't worry!)

Staying near the window Mark helps keeping near just in case of her not getting a good grip. Watching her go down he nods down at her when Alyssa got all the way down. Starting down the rope he went down slowly, keeping balance with his feet near the wall to stop himself if needed. Once he got down to where she was, Mark smiles at her. Noticing her hand he gets out a cream, "Sorry if you got rope burn, forgot to tell you about that." he says sighing softly. Getting the rope he rolls it back up, smiling at her.

Alyssa shook her head. "It's okay, it's not your fault," she tells Mark. Alyssa gladly accepts the hand cream from him, however. "Thank you." Alyssa carefully opened the tube and squeezed out a little of the cream onto her hands. She rubbed it over the sore marks. The cream left her hands feeling cold and tingly. It was relieving. Alyssa looked at her surroundings. They were in the palace garden. The only thing that separated them from freedom was an old iron fence. Alyssa could not see any guards. "So now we only have to go through the gate," she whispered to Mark. "Are we going to use the rope again?"

Smiling he chuckles lightly, looking around as well. "Yeah, we'll use the rope. We have to be quiet though." Mark says getting the rope over the fence and tying it on the bars tightly. "I'll go first so that I can see if anyone is coming while you're climbing over." he says smiling warmly to Alyssa before he starts to climb over. Climbing down carefully he jumps down reaching the bottom, "Okay come over!" Mark says to her motioning to the rope.

Alyssa nods and watches as Mark acrobatically makes his way over the fence. After he is safely over. She grips the rope with her own hands and pulls herself over the fence. After she reaches the top, she swings her legs over to the other side and begens the descent down. However, when she reaches the bottom, Alyssa accidentally steps on a rock, making her lose her balance. She let's go of the rope and stumbles backwards towards Mark.

(Sorry i've been replying late.)

Catching her Mark sighs in relief, "You okay Alyssa?" he asks looking at her smiling warmly. Blushing he sets her down on her feet, collecting the rope again putting it into his knap sack. Looking around not seeing any guards, Mark takes her hand running swiftly away from the fencing. Stopping at the hill at the edge of residence he sighs breathing. Making sure she's okay he smiles, "Shall we start climbing down?" Mark asks looking at her raising an eyebrow.

"Ach! I'm sorry, Mark!" she gushed. She dusted herself off. "Yes, I'm fine; I just lost my balance for a second. I obviously never did anything like this before," she laughed nervously. "Just give me a moment to catch my breath, please." Alyssa rested her hands on her knees and took a few seep breaths. "Okay, okay, I'm good now," she told him, standing up again. She looked down the hill. This was the last step between her and the town. "Yes, I'm ready. Let's go." Alyssa took one tentative step down the hill. It was a little steep, so she leaned backwards to keep her weight centered.

(No problem, we both have lives :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Smiling he goes down the hill slowly with, keeping a hold of her hand. "So how is it having freedom?" Mark looking at her raising an eyebrow. Continuing down they finally reach the bottom. Seeing the entrance of the town he looks at Alyssa, "Isn't it lovely? " Mark asks Smiling.

The pair approach the edge of town. Even this late at night, it was still bustling. A few people passed Alyssa. She was not recognized. It brought a small smile to her face. "Amazing..." she whispered. Alyssa looked around the town. One building caught her eye. It was very brightly lit and music could be heard coming from the inside. A nice smell wafted towards Alyssa. "Oh Mark! Isn't that one of those... taverns?" she asked. She took a few steps towards the building then turned around to face Mark again. "Can we go there first? I've never been there before."

Watching Alyssa Mark smiles, "Well we could go in, it'll be fun." He says chuckling. Taking her hand, Mark goes in with her the music loud as a crowd dances in a corner of the tavern. Going to the other part of the tavern, he sits down with her. "So what do you want to order?" Mark asks curiously.

"Uh... Uh," she stuttered. Sensory overload, much. Alyssa was used to big, airy rooms. If there was any music playing, it was light. Piano stuff, maybe a few violins. Not whatever the band in the corner was playing, while the lead singer was belting out some song. Alyssa really understand what was going on. She picked up a drinks menu in front of her and scanned it. Beer, beer, beer, beer, BEER, ANOTHER BEER... Her eyes widened. She didn't know there were so many types! She pushed the menu away. "Uh, a water is fine. Totally fine," she waved over a server to take her order. Alyssa pulled out a little bit of cash from her purse. "This should be enough, right? Oh, Mark, do you want anything?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back