• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy One X One X One?

SubstituteHero

Enemy Stand User
Alright, hear me out. I sort of haven't role played in a long time, so maybe it's a weird stretch. But I kinda feel like getting back into things after having a few years of weekly tabletop rpgs. I want to try out a private role play for three. Just to see how it goes. Obviously the dynamic will be weird, but I hope it gets somewhere between the awkwardness that I think develops in two person rp and the unreliability of anything in large numbers.

Anyone willing to join up and try this thing out?

Obviously I'm going to be playing this one pretty loose, and I expect you to as well. Romance and stuff may take the back burner just as a dynamic is developed. Frankly I don't mind third wheeling it but I'm sure something interesting will come along if the topic is breached. Anyway, here's what I expect in partners:
  • I don't love those fancy text shenanigans. I'm fine with you whippersnappers doing them, but I'm so awful with formatting that I'd rather not embarrass myself.
  • Chances are that I won't really pick pictures of things unless I really need to. I'm more of a "thousand words" kinda guy.
  • I might post a paragraph or two at a time, whatever suits the scenario. I work graveyard so I have all the time in the world but I don't really expect everyone else to.
  • Oh yeah, I work grave shift. So I'll reply all night, but expect me to be asleep at human hours. I'll do my best to stay consistent.
  • Have ideas? Send them to me, I really want to mix my plans with others and see what comes out of it.

Some things I like before you or I start throwing plots in the air:
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is my favorite series of all time. Fact.
  • Been on a Persona kick lately as well (How's it going, phantom thieves?)
  • Pretty big on every "partner is power" type series, like Shaman King
  • Always loved d&d, and am more than willing to go classic fantasy on this one
  • Psychics and supernatural nonsense really interests me
  • Star Wars has been a pretty big part of my life lately. Why not mess with that?
  • General dark fantasy, ala Dark Souls has always been amazing in my book

So anyway, give me a shout here on the thread if you feel like trying it out. We'll talk plots and general setting, maybe get a third person interested so I can make up a thread.

Oh, and nice to meet you!

That's fantastic. I was considering with something like Shaman King playing specifically spirits and enemy Shamans and letting the other two players be the "heroes" as it were. Otherwise, I really do enjoy the series and want to get back into it.

SWORD & SORCERY!!!

Finally, some tosser here appreciates classical fantasy. Shoot me a PM, if you're free enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back