• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One Shot

thefierysiren

The Feisty One
Desirae set her blue orbs on ground as the guard half dragged her through the dingy underground walls of Limbo. The metal cuffs dug into her wrists but she found she was numb to the pain. Having your entire world destroyed in a matter of hours would do that to you.

A grunt escaped her lips as she was unceremoniously thrust to the dirty floor. She looked up from under the hood of her black cloak to see ten powerful mages standing before her. Her mind barely had time to register what was happening before they were all upon her staffs aglow as the chanted their incantation in unison. The air rushed from her lungs as a momentary feeling of ultimate suppression overcame her and she stumbled as the guard promptly dragged her to her feet.

Desirae was disoriented still, stumbling down the hall as she was passed off to another guard. Her mind was in a tizzy but she thought she heard him say something akin to "Magic side." The new guard was more gentle that the other and waited a moment for her to catch her breath before opening the bars to a cell at the end of the hall and gently shoving her in, but she was so drunk with shock that it was all it took for her to fall to the floor in a heap of black fabric.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerus

Nerus found himself being urged down a dank, otherwise empty hallway by a guard with a spear to his back, surrounded on all other sides by three more men just as pushy, rude and unkempt as the last. 'This may be a prison, but surely the staff would have some semblance of proper manners... though I suppose I was mistaken.' Nerus played with the idea of voicing such thoughts aloud, but in this situation it surely wasn't wise. The only sound accompanying the tapping of shoes (or bared feet in Nerus' sorry case, having been stripped of them for some unmentioned reason), was the sound of the guard in front of him whistling merrily, as if he loved his job. "Could you please stop that?" Nerus called, irritated with the sound. In response, the guard only chuckled a bit before whistling louder, causing Nerus to attempt to cover his ears with his bound hands unsuccessfully. The guards around him all laughed, as the one behind him shoved the spear against his back. 'I suppose that's what I get for trying to squeeze some common courtesy out of these louts,' Nerus thought broodingly.

Nerus struggled and strained against the bindings set upon his wrists, stilling his movements only when the guard walking behind him poked his back roughly with the spear, nearly piercing his flesh. Sighing, he looked down. He had to give credit to his captors, they certainly knew how to deal with a Wizard. Before he knew it, he had woken in the back of a dark, closed-ceiling carriage on the way to this gods-forsaken place.

Lost in self-pitying thought, he only realized that he'd been brought into a room as he was roughly pushed onto the floor, glancing upwards to see ten shady-looking individuals. As he gazed upon them, his eyes widened... they radiated magical energy, to an extent above his own. A feeling of dread settled upon him as he heard and understood the words being chanted... a magical suppression spell. He'd been deterred from using magic with threats of violence until now, but this... this was final. This must be the way they assured none of thier captive magic folk had escaped, a feat that Nerus thought must have been a lie until now. He felt his connection to the source quickly fading away, replaced with a dull ache in his skull. The once glowing azure symbol on his head faded, looking to be an unremarkable tatoo now. Without further adieu, Nerus was roughly dragged down the hall and thrown into a cell. Inside, another man stared hard at the floor before looking up at him after a moment.

Viktor

"So, What are you-" before he could squeeze out the words "in for," he saw the symbol on Nerus' forehead and and shook his head, averting his eyes. "Nevermind... you're a magician or whatever they're calling you these days, aren't you?" Nerus looked up from the floor, while shifting himself to sit cross-legged with his cuffed hands folded in his lap, and with a glare in his eyes replied: "the correct term for my kind is Wizard, but yes, I am... was... capable of magic. If I'm able to ever escape from this place, maybe I can use it again." Viktor chuckled and shook his head. "Fat chance of that happening. My name's Viktor, what's yours?" "Nerus... mind telling me what you're here for? I'm offended that I seem to have been thrown in with a common thief.."

Viktor scoffed before smirking at the strange man a bit. "Well, you're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you? Don't worry, this place will bleed the self righteousness right out of you... name's Viktor. By the way, I'm anything but common. That's why I'm here... they only lock up us 'mundane' folk if we're trouble enough for the king himself to care." "You sound as if you're proud of that," Nerus scoffed. "I might be." With that, Nerus leaned against the wall, closing his eyes, and there was silence between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back