• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Setting Sail for Paradise 1x1

There was some chattering at Hoshiya’s claim. A look of concern passed over Chopi’s face. He glanced at Ringo, who crossed his arms, brow furrowed. Chopi stated, “I’m not going back on my decision. Press the issue and we’ll have to demand you leave now.”

Waving away the crowd, he took Lyna aside for some words before taking his own leave. Lyna took the pirates to the edge of the village, where a slightly more dilapidated hut rested. It was largely empty, though the bedstead had enough room for all of them. A short while later, another villager delivered three meals worth of meat and veggies that had been roasting earlier in the day before leaving quickly.

Avalon didn’t hesitate, devouring his share in a few mouthfuls. Lyna didn’t touch hers. “Sorry…” Avalon’s eyes shut in strain as he swallowed his large mouthful. His mouth opened, but he shut it, scratching the side of his face. “Thank you for offerin’ to fight, but now I don’t know what to do.”

Heading to the bed, Avalon remarked, “Couldn’t be helped. The world’s bigger and uncaring than you could ever imagine.”

Curling up where she sat, Lyna explained, “That’s not even the half of it. The three tribes...we can’t even get along here, how are we ever gonna manage with the outside world? So what if we have sharp teeth, and the Big Folk Tribe is big, and the Moon Skin Tribe... You’ve got big horns, and you’re a regular looking person, but you guys don’t have any problems. Is it just too backwards here?” Avalon flinched at the mention of his horns, his expression growing irritated, but he didn’t say anything in response.

Setting: Sunscar Island
Characters: Hoshiya

"Ghh..." After the threat of Chopi retracting his decision to shelter them for the night, he could only clench his teeth and fists in return. Along with Lyna and Avalon, he followed the villager onto one of the huts. While it was slightly spacious inside, he still felt cramped because of Hoshiya failing to defend Lyna, and probably Lyna also failing to defend them, too.

"I'm sorry, Lyna," he apologized, but the sentimental silence between them disappeared when their plates of food came. Just like Avalon, Hoshiya absolutely devoured his food, digging into it as if he hadn't eaten for three days, which also turned out to be true. Hoshiya listened to Lyna's explanation. The three tribes: Sharp Jaw, Big Folk, and Moon Skin--what could be the reasons why they can't coinhabit with each other?

"There are many odd things outside this island," Hoshiya explained. "You'd see talking dogs, people with weird powers who also can't swim, squirrels who can probably turn into something like a human, y'know, those kinds of things."

Hoshiya also took this chance to ask Lyna, "If the other tribes collectively decided not to deal with foreign presence, why did you help Avalon?"

Code By Nano

Lyna gawked at Hoshiya’s assertions about the oddities, Avalon lying down without further word, his black coat hung up on the bedpost.

Lyna explained. “Well, I thought he’d be able to help me. Even if it was just a bit more information about the outside world, or helping me to understand the book I had. I already didn’t agree with our rules about it, so…”

Looking at Hoshiya again, she noted. “We should probably go to bed. You look kinda...tired.”

Spaced apart on the bedstead, the lights from the outside dimmed with the shifting of the curtains, Lyna shook with silent sobs as she joined the two Inferno Pirates in their slumber.

-----​

Footfalls heavy, Ringo limped along towards his abode. A few men and women with weapons on their backs or at their hips came up behind him in the dim light of night. “Oh, it’s our strongest fighter. Couldn’t even beat the outcast, huh? Guess you better give up on the War Council.”

Ringo grunted. “No can do. I’m fighting.” The man slipped into his home.

The front man snarled. “You shouldn’t have been fighting anyway! You’re just going to lose again! And then what!?” There was a click from beyond the doorway. An iron barrel speckled with rust stuck out of the hut, poised right at the warrior’s face. He stepped back as Ringo stepped out, a rifle in hand, the gun held awkwardly. The finger was on the trigger, but the butt of the rifle was held outward, Ringo clearly not practiced. The sweat running down the faces of the assembled warriors insinuated that they didn’t know any better.

“I’m sick of losing. We all are. So tomorrow night I’m changing that.” They got Ringo’s message loud and clear.

-----​

With the dawnlight, Lyna propped herself up, letting out a yawn. Turning to the two men sleeping nearby, she felt the rumbling from Avalon’s snoring (still much quieter than it was the other day) and muttered, “Man, they sure can sleep.”

Crouching between them, she swatted at their faces. “Oi! Wake up! We’ve gotta leave!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back