• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One Piece: Hunters!

Lojikal

God of Games
port_city_by_ssgba1380-d4gjnd8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Finally, back on land! Oh how I missed being able to walk around freely!" Oliver shouted as he jumped off the side of the ferry, landing on one of the port's narrow walkways perfectly. He was against having to wait in a line off of the large ship, and he knew that he could make the jump and avoid falling into the deep ocean. Of course, the red-head knew how to swim, so there wouldn't be a problem if he missed his target, but it would have been rather annoying, and he didn't want to have to dry off his clothing which consisted of a black coat with a white T-Shirt underneath, with dark blue jeans, a black belt, black socks and black sneakers.

It was very cloudy as well as windy outside, at least around Barona Island, the location that Oliver was at. It was a good thing that he had his coat on him and zipped up instead of stuffed in the black backpack he wore on his back. It had enough in it already, including the metal baseball bat that's handle was sticking out at the top.

At this moment, Oliver was standing near the ferry, waiting for his partner to get off of it, but was also wondering if he should just ditch the guy and meet up with him later. They came to this island to take a week off from bounty hunting after all, or at least that is what Oliver came here for. He was addicted to taking down criminals, but was also aware of the other things in life that were interesting, like gambling, sharing stories with other bounty hunters at a nearby bar all day, women, fight clubs, etc.

While waiting, Oliver looked towards the city that he landed in, taking in all of the colorful buildings while acknowledging the three-way intersection a few dozen meters east of the port. taking the east road at that split would just lead you to more colorful buildings to look at, and shops, while going north would lead you into the main road.

Lucas Fortuna grinned as he watched his partner bound off the ferry. Luck had to admit, he had been pretty excited to reach land again as well. They’d been at sea far too long. Luck just shrugged, then followed him down, vaulting himself over the ferry’s rails. He still was not accustomed to weight of the silver greatsword on his back, but he managed to correct himself on the way down. He landed well, right on his feet, just as he always did. He stretched out and took a few exaggerated steps, making a show of getting his 'ground legs' back.

He felt very comfortable in the cool, windy air of Barona Island, and he closed his eyes just taking in the nice sea breeze for a moment. But, he figured it was time to get on with it.

“What do you say we find us an inn, Oli?” He suggested, turning to his partner. “It’d be easier to get one now than later, I think. More ferries might come in.” He tilted his head and stared at his red-haired compatriot. “We can go gambling or something after, plenty of daylight left. Then again, a lot of that probably gets better at night anyway. What do you say?” Luck still had plenty of money left over from the bounty on Trusk, so he was sure they’d be fine.

"I suppose you are right. The faster I can take off this heavy backpack and put it somewhere safe, the better. It would only get in the way if I had to chase down some jackass who attempted to steal my wallet or something like that," Oliver replied, not even looking at his partner who was behind him. Instead he began to walk east to the split and then north, which would lead the two bounty hunters to the main road which was filled with civilians going to and from the various buildings on both sides of them. Some were street salesmen trying to get rid of some equipment that they did not need while getting paid for it, some were street performers, some were just trying to take in the sites, etc.

The main road continued north for a few miles (with several intersections on the way) until the square appeared, being in the center of the large city. It was certainly the liveliest place on the entire island, people coming in and out of the surrounding buildings by the dozen, the largest and most popular inn of the location being one of them. Oliver and Lucas were able to get to the square rather quickly with their impressive speed. Oliver decided to start jumping from building to building on the way there when the road got too crowded.

"So many damn people. I am starting to wish we got off on one of the smaller islands that we passed up," the red head complained as he bumped into tons of people at the square while trying to get to the inn. (rather aggressively with not a single 'excuse me' out of his mouth, mind you). No matter the amount of people that one could easily take advantage of here, it was simply too crowded for Oliver's tastes, but he thought that perhaps he would get used to it within a few hours, or maybe he wouldn't have to. Perhaps there is an unwritten curfew that most abide to. Perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

“The bigger the island, the better the night life, right? I say it’s worth it. And you know, if you’re more careful, you won’t bump into near as many people.”

Lucas followed behind Oliver, quietly apologizing to the many, many people his partner had bumped into. Lucas himself managed weave through the crowd, avoiding the many passers-by, even with the heavy silver sword attached to his back. He grinned as he caught sight of a crooked sign- that of a tavern just down the street. Surely it was an inn as well- what tavern would need a second floor otherwise?

“The Drunken Discovery,” Lucas intoned, loud enough for Oliver to hear. “Sounds like a fine, reputable establishment to me. Shall we?” He glanced at his partner, the grin still prominent on his face.

"But I won't even be outside at night. Rather, inside the room of a seductress. Yes... that sounds nice," Oliver replied to Lucas while dipping into his fantasies. His silver-haired partner tried to turn a negative (that is what Oliver saw it as) into a positive. The young man also mentioned the fact that Oliver wouldn't bump into others if he was more careful of his surroundings.

"Who said I didn't want to bump into anyone? If they care, they can speak up, not you fool," Oliver replied with a smile. After a few more minutes, the two finally set their eyes upon 'The Drunken Discovery,' a two-story tavern that they would be spending the next few nights in. Lucas said the name aloud and then asked Oliver if they should head in.

"Yea, let's get this over with so we can travel around this dump. I need to find me a nice dame sooner than later, heh," Oliver schemed. He opened the door to the tavern, then headed right to the owner's desk to hand over the beli for two rooms over the next three nights. The large man accepted, then motioned Oliver to get away, which would allow him to finish his conversation with a few ladies that were working their sex appeal to get some extra nights free. The red head would have gave the man a peace of his mind, but loved the idea that he was getting played, so he said nothing as he went back to Lucas.

"Alright, the first two rooms upstairs on the right. The one on the left is mines. Also, You owe me some beli. Not paying for your room as well," Oliver smiled to his partner before heading into his room to put his backpack on his bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back