• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One last tale of heroes

Eric was close enough to hear the commotion from Nyxia's room and jogged down to her room to see what had happened. He was in no way worried for Nyxia, it was the poor fool who decided to enter uninvited that he was scared would be dead. He needed all the hands he could get and a dead man was useless to him. "Nyxia who decided to come in this time? You know I keep an open ear for anything out of the ordinary, and that sounded like somebody getting very hurt." He gave a sigh and looked around the room. He had a small shield of blood up in front of him in case she was still angry, and kept an eye on her while examining the area. He had rarely been down here for long at all, and when he had it was never to admire the scenery. "You have more coffins than last I remember, have you been collecting while I wasn't looking?" Eric really had no problem with her collecting corpses or souls, but he found that if he started small talk with Nyxia it was easier for her to recognize him in the moment and not try and kill him.

Nyxia was still bristling at the invasion of her private sanctum as she carefully refitted the lids on the coffins her precious zombies had returned to. When the door opened for a second time she was quick to turn, Luna's staff lengthening in seconds as she brought the curved blade up and around. However when Eric began to speak she caught herself, quickly spinning the scythe down to rest the blade on the ground behind her. Eric was making small talk, as he always did when trying to gauge exactly how pissed off she was. It was distracting enough to remind her to control herself. Luckily, unlike the last time someone had entered her room uninvited, she hadn't gone completely berserk. Retracting Luna to her handheld for she put the weapon back on her back, clipping it into it's cradle of chains.

"Oh sorry about that Eri... Stupid Alec picked my door...again... So I tossed him in the coffin for some solitary confinement... He's still alive though..."

Her tone held the unspoken this time. She smiled as she pointed to the chain wrapped coffin sitting in middle of the room. Usually she just put the bodies she was planning to resurrect in the coffin, but this time it was serving as a rather effective time out.

Eric looked at the coffin and laughed a bit relaxing himself. He walked up to it and held his ear to the wood for a moment listening before sighing. "You know if you keep doing things like this other people might think you are crazy." He shook his head and composed himself again. The stress had gotten to him and he had released a genuine laugh and smile. One thing Eric feared was the weakness shown in genuine emotion, and here he had just made himself vulnerable. It took a quick cough before he was back into his regular mood and he walked up to Nyxia. "You gave him air right? And there isn't another corpse in there with him? I don't know how well Alec would like the smell of rotten flesh on his clothing in the morning." With that Eric quickly began to ascend the stairs again. "I'll meet you all in the center of the hall tomorrow morning, don't be late if the sun is over the crag and you aren't there I'm leaving you behind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back