• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy One last tale of heroes

DarkAncient

The rising moon
"Now Jeremy I fear that I only have one last story to tell you. You've asked for a bedtime story every night since you were old enough to talk, and now I have only one. This story is called the Golden Thieves. Now now just settle down and listen it's been a while since I told this one. In the long forgotten land of Ferlok there once existed two kingdoms. The Western king Ulef ruled with an iron fist and forced his people to slave away creating a booming industrial revolution. He has forced the renouncement of almost all religion in his kingdom, and those who still worship do so in secret. This kingdom was known as Fent. On the East lay the kingdom of Tren ruled by a beautiful queen who ruled by divine judgement and with a light heart. Her name was Yinsa and her people worshiped the lands gods and in return received the gift of magic. These kingdoms sat separated by a terrible mountain range that spanned the whole world known as the Crag. These two kingdoms knew of each others existence but had never truly tried to communicate. This was in part due to the vicious bandits and outlaws who lives in the Crag. They had built there own cities thriving on stealing and mercenary work. The people who left the Crag in search of this mercenary work were usually referred to simply as Crag dwellers. They were not welcome in most cities but many allowed them to enter for fear of what they might do if turned away. A rumor had spread that a particular guild of Crag dwellers had grown so powerful that they had slaughtered an entire village of Yinsa's domain and had taken it for their own. This of course was in no way true, the bandits had found the village abandoned already but the people of the land would not believe that. These bandits were known as the Golden Thieves and lived from mercenary work. At this time a war had begun to break out between the two kingdoms. It had started when the queen sent a representative to try and open relations with Fent. Ulef responded by killing the messenger and his guards and sent his body back with a small army. This army was in fact the reason for the slaughtering of the villagers that had once inhabited the Golden Thieves territory. This caused a breakout of war among the two kingdoms but because of the difficult task of crossing the Crag the true war to be fought was over who could get a large force to the other side first. This lead to large scale hiring of mercenaries to assist forces in crossing the Crag. Most of these mercenaries turned around and betrayed those who hired them, knowing that there was no way they could ever be punished. Finally a small group of soldiers made it from Fent to Tren and in an attempt to break the spirit of the people killed most of the high court. Enrages by this Yinsa approached the Golden Thieves with a task. Go to the land of Fent and return with Ulef's head. This is where the journey of our heroes begins..."

The gods:

Telran: God of Wisdom. Those who worship him must study his many tomes in order to gain his favor. One who has gained his favor can easily confuse others and will be gifted with the knowledge to get out of almost any situation.

Kix: Goddess of Blood. Followers of the goddess Kix must make human sacrifices often. Kix prefers the sacrifice of a recently slain enemy and will show her acceptance by draining the corpse of all blood. Her followers gain the ability to manipulate their blood in different ways.

Lefia: Goddess of light: Followers of Lefia must memorize her holy book the Kuta in order to gain her favor. Those in her favor may then recite verses from the Kuta in order to destroy the unholy and confuse the evil.

Gura: God of life: Gura hates bloodshed and will renounce any who gladly partake in it. Instead Gura asks that his followers help even their foes and grants them the ability to bring life back to the wounded and sometimes even the dead.

Kilyun: God of Death. Kilyun is known as the watcher of the underworld and the most often depicted in art. He is known to be benevolent and loving to those who follow him but crushes any who defy him. His followers must regularly perform rituals to raise undead abominations on the world. In return they are eventually granted control of these undead and the ability to defy deathly wounds.

Junx: Goddess of darkness: Junx is known to be heartless even to her most devote followers. She refuses to accept any worshiper who has not finished the trials in her temple. She asks that her followers destroy sources of light and live in the shadows. In return she grants the ability to become darkness itself.

Gynfa: God of Gifts: Gynfa is a favorite god among warriors if it were not for his testing ways of worship. Followers of Gynfa must regularly sacrifice possessions in return they will occasionally be gifted weapons and armor of legendary powers. This is rare and most people will only receive one such gift after giving up everything they own. Followers of Gynfa always tend to find everything they need to live though in the strangest and most unassuming ways.

Cex: Goddess of Chaos. Cex is a goddess whose followers are asked to do nothing in particular. There is no knowing how to please Cex as people will fall in and out of her favor randomly. While in her favor enemies will randomly turn to ally and magical creatures will appear to aid the follower. If you are not in her favor though you will find that everything in the world is wrong and many things will stop making sense. She often enjoys torturing those that have randomly fallen to this sad fate but most survive just barely.

--

Self explanatory

--

1. Yes you may make a mage character but be within reason. These people gain their powers from worship of the laid out gods and you may only worship one.

2. No god modding

3. Be PG 13

4. Be respectful

5. And finally keep all OOC to the OOC chat if you have a problem contact me directly

6. If you read this insert pomegranate into your character sheet.

--

"So here we begin with the story of Eric and his band of thieves. Now none of them truly believed what had happened to them. Even so it was Eric's decision to take the job due to the heavy sum of gold that was offered..."

"Now I understand that all of you are confused by this task. Perhaps it is too much for you all to get into your thick skulls that we are not just petty thieves anymore. The moment you decided to fall under my banner you became the greatest mercenary group under this sun! So this is how things are right now we go into the Crag exit into the kingdom of Fent and as we always do we finish the job quietly and leave with everything that isn't bolted down understood?" Eric wasn't even sure why he gave these little briefings before missions anymore. In the end the same thing would always happen. The thieves would go to do their job, and take more than they needed to. After all he had the royal flush of bandits under his control. As far as he was concerned no force on earth was stronger than his little guild and he was going to prove that true. "So then if any of you are lazy enough to stay behind you can just sit here and mope on your own we leave for Fent tonight." When he was serious about a job Eric wasted no time. He already had a cart filled with enough provisions to make it to the nearest town on the Fent side of the border and a map with markings of every stop they would have to make. The only thing left to do was to seal the job. He lifted up the paper with the specifics that had been given to him by the queen with a small smile. With a flick of his wrist he cut his left palm on the blade of one of his daggers, each held in a hilt that exposed enough of the blade for him to pull off this little trick. Letting himself bleed for a moment he pressed his bloodied hand against the paper and pushed it against the wall the blood hardening and pinning the paper in place. "If you are coming with my sign your name on this page if not you can pack and leave because I have no need of any weaklings when I return."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyxia giggled, leaning back in her chair, feet swinging her legs weren't long enough for them to touch the floor. She was, as was her habit, only partially listening as Eric gave the briefing. It was always the same thing each time, but she supposed listening to the gruff sound of his voice was amusing enough. She had joined the Golden Thieves not for money or for the infamy that came along with the name, but solely for the fun. With all the hype that surrounded the group she had assumed there would be at least a few interesting people in it. As of now she had yet to be proved wrong. With the outbreak of the war between Fent and Tren things had only gotten that much more interesting, and now like the icing on a cake, came this new job. An assignment directly from the queen of Tren that would pay off more than its worth in gold. Of course the gold meant nothing to Nyxii, the bountiful sum she had taken with her some six odd years ago had almost tripled in size due to contract payoffs and thievery in general. But one could never have to much gold. As Eric wrapped up the briefing and stuck the paper to the wall using his blood as glue Nyxii slid from her seat.

A sleek black feline with one green and one blue eye hopped up onto her shoulder as she stood. Reaching up she stroked beneath Garris' chin, as fond of the feline as he was of her. Nyxii was fond of the cat for not only his usefulness but for the strange eye coloration, a trait that she shared. Her own eyes were two different colors with one being silver and the other blue. Combined with her silvery hair and almost childlike appearance they contributed to the nickname that she had gained since that fateful night years ago, Death Fairy. She though it was appropriate as well and had been even more pleased by it. Humming softly to herself she flounced her way towards the sheet. Reaching it she peered at the paper for a moment. Then, grabbing an ink dipped quill, she scrawled her name onto the paper. As she did so the chain hanging from the shackle around her wrist jingled softly. Giggling once more she flounced away.

This is gonna be fun... I'll make sure I sacrifice a lot of souls to Kilyun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec greedily ran his fingers together and lightly sighed of relief with the sum of money they would receive. Sometimes Alec wondered why he would band together with such inconceivable fools, but then he remembered, the money... Without it he would surely starve, it certainly allowed him to enjoy himself on his free time aswell. Money is the key to every one of life's chest, he would always exclaim bluntly.

He quickly pushed his way up to the paper Eric held in his hand and pulled out a pen he always kept in his pocket, for just such an occasion. "You didn't think I'd sit this one out, did you boss?" He said with a light chuckle and continued to sign the paper. "I'm sure there'll be a couple locked doors I can brighten up. Or of course chests. Filled with mountains of gold, hehe, this'll be a walk in the park." He added, and soon finished his signature and put his pen back in pocket. He slickly waved towards Eric and eyed Nyxia, like he would a pile of money. "Just tell me when you need me pal and I'll report back quickly! But right now, I have some business to attend to." He told Eric and made his way to Nyxia,

"Hey there sweetheart, hows my favourite shaman doing today?" He asked bluntly, as he knelt against a nearby object.

Eric looked around as Alec and Nyxia signed first. A small smile crept across his face as he looked over at the two. It didn't last long his cold demeanor always returning when he seemed to be lightening up. "We leave at sunrise tomorrow so you should get your resolve and your tools ready." He had always had troubles with Alec. Being a bit of the rambunctious type Alec had never let Eric sleep without the worry that he would wake up one morning to find all the gold gone. Nyxia on the other hand had never done anything but surprise him. Whereas Alec was an instant welcome into the guild Nyxia was originally turned away at the door. The frame of a young princess had surprised Eric as if a rose had tried to sneak its way in among the thorn bushes. It didn't take long for him to be proven wrong though and soon she became one of the stars of the guild just like Alec. They were the best at what they did and anybody who fell beneath the bar they had set was removed from the guild. "I want to see everyone's signature on this piece of paper or I will let Nyxia visit your room tonight, and you all remember how that went last time. You all thought I was joking."

"Alec... You know you're not allowed to talk to me unless you have candy... It's the only way I can trust a pervert like you..."

Nyxia smiled sweetly, rocking back on her heels as she did so. There was a sweet smile on her face and she seemed rather amused. She was rather indifferent towards Alec as his overconfidence and tendency to be a bit hyperactive amused her. He was a motormouth but he was quite skilled; though she suspected him to be a bit of a coward when it came to a fight. It also made her giggle that he had a habit of calling her a shaman. She didn't exactly think of herself that way, though her knack for necromancy did seem rather shaman like. Garris on the other hand couldn't stand Alec and leapt from Nyxia's shoulder. Hissing at the male, Garris turned and trotted away to go nap in front of the hearth. Nyxia studied him for a moment and was just coming upon the decision that he didn't have ant candy to offer her when she overheard Eric's last statement.

"Ooh really Eri..? I can sneak into people's rooms again...?"

She spun around to face him, referring to him by the pet name she was pretty sure he hated. She remembered the last time he had given her permission to sneak into the members rooms as an method of prompting them to sign on to an assignment. Usually the sight of the little specter standing over them in the dark with Luna Grimm in hand was enough to scare them into action. And when that failed Kilyun got a new soul and Nyxia got a new puppet. She giggle, a smile on her face as she locked her fingers behind her back still rocking slightly.

Elysia

Elysia had been sprawled across one of the tables with her eyes closed while Eric briefed them on their next target. It was a task she didn't find enjoyment in completing, for once, and she almost debated not joining her companions on their trip. While it had been Ulef's army that had destroyed most of their home, it had affected her little and she was reluctant to destroy someone with such immense power.

"What a waste it is to bring such a powerful man down when he is so much more useful alive," she commented, sitting up and arching her back as she stretched her arms over her head. She yawned lazily in a cat-like manner. "I'd much rather bring him Queen Yinsa's head. No doubt he'd pay more for it, too. Maybe he'd even take me as his bride, to thank me for doing him such a kindness." That thought excited her and her eyes glinted with mischief as she hopped down from the table. Imagine the things she could do with power like that. She wouldn't mind killing him then, of course. As long as she held a firm position in court. Her mother would die of pride, no doubt. Wouldn't that be nice.

It was Eric's comment about weakness that was the deciding factor on her choice. She was not weak and she refused to be viewed in such a light. No doubt he had thrown that in there for her benefit, knowing she wouldn't refuse. Her ego would be the death of her, no doubt. Still, by joining them she had the opportunity to stall the process long enough for her to gain the King's favor. She wondered if she voiced her plan if they would agree to give her time to see it through. After all, they would still get Ulef's head and they would be on wonderful terms with the new Queen of Fent.

"Show off," Sia muttered as Eric stuck the parchment to the wall using his own blood. Even so, she crossed the room to sign the the list of names after Nyxia and Alec. She was envious of the talents and powers of the others. Nyxia in particular. How wonderful it must be to raise the dead from where they lay and use them for your own benefit. Sometimes she wondered if she had chosen the wrong goddess to worship but then she remembered just how convenient her own powers had been. Perhaps one day, Junx would see her fit to bear more.

Eric let out a dull laugh and sat down on the bar table. He had made the decision to hold almost all meetings in the ruined towns Tavern as the occupants had died too fast to take the alcohol with them. None of the members had made any argument with this, after all alcohol was a bandit's second favorite thing next to money. The trouble had been to find a barkeep who was willing to stay in a town run by mercenaries and work in a broken down tavern in return for his life and some gold. Eric hadn't told any of the other members the true story behind the quivering young lad who was cleaning mugs, instead he had told them the boy was forced into slavery here. The truth behind it all was that Eric had found the orphan hiding in the tavern cabinets and offered him gold and food in return for work. As he sat on the counter his mind wandered and he began to make small shapes with his blood. It was a habit of his when he was deep in thought and usually gave a sign to the other members that something was troubling him. He stopped quickly out of fear that one of his subordinates would notice and ask him what was wrong. He hated it when they cared because it made it harder to seem cold and collected. "Boy tonight is your last night working for us. When we leave at sunrise you lock up shop take all the food you can carry and the pay I've given you and get out of town. Tell the next village up that the Golden Thieves destroyed your caravan as you were passing by. Make sure they are too scared to investigate." That was as close as Eric could get to telling the young man thank you, or good luck, and the closest he would ever get to saying goodbye to anybody who had lived under his care.

Alec paused a moment feeling a little hurt by Nyxia's words. "Oh Nyxia.... You wound me so." He told her feeling a little awkward. Nyxia was the strange type, yet it was a good strange, kind of mysterious. But it wasn't specifically her who would receive such treatment. Alec personally loved the feeling he got when talking to a girl, it felt so much more achieving then talking to one of the same sex. Well if Nyxia wouldn't let him speak to her, there was always Elysia. Anyways maybe Nyxia would come into his room and try to preform one of her experiments, or whatever it was she did to sleeping victims. But he wouldn't let her catch him asleep, not a chance.

He removed the image of Nyxia out of his head and made his way to his favourite Archer lady. "Well if it isn't my favourite lil' Bowlady, Elysia, how is it this fine night in the crag? It would appear your beautiful eyes puncture my heart like an arrow, an archer even in the matters of love I see." He said smoothly, running his nimble fingers across her chin.

Elysia

Elysia had just finished signing the list of names when Alec fell upon her with empty words and unwanted contact. Regardless, she smiled sweetly at him. "Alec," she giggled, all but batting her eyelashes at him. "Don't tease me. I have no doubt you say such lovely things to all the girls," she commented, her hands moving to his chest before travelling lower. One sought out flesh to distract him while the other felt for something of value.

Sia's eyes flickered down to Alec's mouth, as though she wanted him to kiss her. She drew one hand up underneath his leather tunic, touching his hip, while the other closed around a soft pouch of coins. She lifted the pouch carefully so as not to jangle the coins too much, and then held it aloft behind his back for Nyxia to take. Of course, there was always the chance of Alec catching her first. He was just as good a thief as she, after all. Her eyes moved back to his and she tilted her head to the side a little.

"All my lovers tend to end up dead. Aren't you worried?" she asked, hoping the question would distract him long enough for Nyxia to take the pouch of coins and hide it before he turned and caught her. "What if I choose you, next?"

Nyxia chuckled softly as she watched Sia lift Alec's coin pouch. Her gaze flicked first to Sia then over at their boss. Making her direction seem as if she was simply heading to talk to Eric, she swept lazily past the two, spinning as always. However a quick movement of her hand sufficed to procure the bag Elysia held out and secret it away on her person without the slightest of sounds. She winked at her, knowing the woman would come retrieve the item later on. Giggling softly she made her way over to the bar, stopping before Eric. She tilted her head to one side looking up slightly so she could see his face. Though he had been quick to stop it she had seen him making random shapes with his blood. She was rather observant and had noticed that he only did so when concerned or deep in thought.

"What's troubling you Eri...?"

Even sitting on the bar he still was quite taller than her so with an almost unnoticable flicker of her wrist she caught a nearby stool with her chain and pulled it over. Huffing slightly she clambered up to sit on it, adjusting her skirts as she did so. Now at a better level she could rest her arms on the counter, making a motion for a drink, and returned her gaze to him. He might not want to talk about it and she wouldn't press him, it would suffice for her to simply wait and see if he would speak.

Alec chuckled ever so slightly. "All your lovers end up dead? Dearest Elysia, I am no ordinary human being, I am the quickest thief around even death can't catch my tail!" He said confidentially. "Anyways, I'd like you to have this, I got it at the grocery store today... it should be around here somewhere." He said reaching for the pouch that he kept away from people, it was full of sweets. But for some unorthodox reason he just couldn't find it. "Hmm, I must have misplaced my pouch of chocolates. I was going to share them with you three, I am not too big on sweets but I sweet talked the clerk into giving me a discount. Maybe later." He told her in a slightly disappointed tone. He'd check his room, but he was enjoying his conversation with Elysia at the moment.

Eric looked at Nyxia and gave a blank smile. "You always were the observant one Nyxia. Nothing truly worries me of course." A flat faced lie but Eric was amazing at pulling those off and making them seem honest. "I do think though that this little assignment might disband the guild. After all none of us have one single goal and this gives us all the chance to fulfill our separate dreams. There would be enough gold to fill any vault, enough thrills to write a million stories and..." He took a moment to look directly at Nyxia before continuing, "enough souls to build an army." With that he took a large jug of ale and drank from it. "The only thing that keeps you all under my, well we shall call it my guidance, is that you have desires that the guild fulfills on large enough levels to keep you satisfied but small enough to make you want more." He let out a small shallow laugh in order to mask the actual sorrow these ideas left him with. "Feels like a final assignment to me, and then how am I going to find such a talented group of washed up sods?"

"Oh Eri you worry to much..."

Nyxia waved her hand dismissively. She wouldn't bother getting into the fact that what would seem to be his apparent apathy at the situation was clearly faked. It wouldn't matter anyway as he would simply deny it by diverting her attention of attempting another lie. She was more than acutely observant, she had a way of seeing through people, especially those attempting to mask their emotions. After all she wore the most intricately crafted of masks herself all day everyday, even around her fellow guildmates. The sweet childish demeanor was just for show, what lurked beneath it was reserved for those just moment away from meeting Kilyun. She took a sip of her drink savoring it for a moment before she spoke. This time she dropped the sweet childish tone in favor of her actual voice, a soft whispering lilt.

"If I was in it for the gold or the souls I would have been able to leave this guild a long time ago Eric... I'm here for the guild itself... And I will be for a long time to come Kilyun willing... And anyone who attempts to leave...will have to get past me to do so..."

Elysia

Sia's smile fell from her lips when Alec revealed what was really in the pouch she'd just given to Nyxia. "Chocolate," she repeated, her tone unimpressed. She sighed heavily and dropped the act, her hand falling from his stomach as she brushed past him. "Well, that is disappointing but I suppose it was good practice, regardless. Nyxia has your sweets, Alec. I should have known you wouldn't keep your gold where I could get it," she glanced at him with an arched eyebrow over her shoulder as she made her way to the bar to join the other two. She most likely wouldn't stay up much longer if they were to rise and leave early. She always preformed better when she was well rested.

"Is there any wine?" Sia asked the boy behind the bar as she settled down in one of the seats. "I'm so sick of drinking ale," she pulled a face in a display of displeasure and rested her chin on her hand. She caught the end of Nyxia's words and turned to face her a little. "Get past you to do what? Oh, do you still have Alec's pouch? How unfortunate that it's full of chocolate. I thought you and I might be a little bit richer this evening but never mind."

"Ooh chocolate...? Well then I doubt he'll be retrieving this pouch with it's contents in tact..."

Nyxia's childish tone had returned in an instant and she turned her head slightly to smile at Elysia. A soft giggle escaped her lips as she produced the pouch from where she had secreted it, peeked inside and satisfied with the contents, secreted away again. These acts were a simple way of diverting the earlier question she had asked and quite effective in theory. Of course while the giggle held it's usually childish glee the smile, as always, didn't quite reach her eyes. Finishing her ale she slipped from the barstool, patting Eric on the arm fondly as she did so. She waited a moment, having spotted Garris making his way back over to her, for the feline to climb back up into his favored position on her shoulder. Waving over her shoulder she made her way back across the bar and disappeared through the door.

Alec Looking back to Nyxia who held his pouch, he quickly scurried into his other pockets to check if she stole anything else, thank god it was just the chocolates. Alec shot back and looked towards Nyxia. A slightly surprised look arose on his face. "Wh-what!? How did you, er- never mind, you can have them. I bet you like chocolate more than I, but you owe me a kiss for that deary." He said to her, winking. Though he still could not believing he got played by two girls. By this time Alec was getting quite anxious, he needed to get out and do something, steal something or fight, thank god he had a mission coming up. "Well, I best be off preparing, lockpicks, knives and pouches galore, so many things, so little time to prepare." He said, obviously making an overly big deal of it, seeming as collecting those things would take less time then a switch of a light.

(Just testing some things out :3)

Eric sighed and waved to the boy behind the counter who pulled out a bottle of fine wine and handed it off to Elysia. "You must remember Elysia the boy doesn't know as much as you give him credit for. I find that hand gestures along with the words help. He seems to always be mesmerized by us and sometimes forgets what a request sounds like." Eric once again let out a shallow laugh before looking over as Nyxia left and for a moment cracked a real smile before he hid it behind his normal mask of apathy. Nyxia had a way of knowing just enough that she was teetering on the line of dangerous and helpful. It was something that had Eric worried sometimes and laughing other times. With a deep drink of his Ale Eric stood up and looked out upon the tavern. It was a good upgrade from the previous guild hall which consisted of an old cave and some tables. "You always prepare so much Alec I've always wondered how long it takes you to get out of bed in the morning."

Elysia

"Well there's no sense in babying him. How will he ever learn?" Sia asked with a smirk, tilting her head to the side as she looked at Eric. She poured herself a little of the red wine and tipped her nose into the glass to inhale the aroma. She took a delicate sip and sighed once she'd swallowed. It was far nicer than she had been expecting. Rich, fruity and full bodied while not too drying. She hummed in contentment and drank a little deeper from the glass.

Spinning in her seat, Sia watched Eric stand and Alec prepare to leave the room with a pout on her lips. "You're not all running off to bed, surely? This could be our last night and you plan to waste it with sleep?" she demanded, despite the fact that she'd already decided she should rest after her wine. Still, it was fun to tease them about not being fun.

Eric looked back at Elysia and shook his head. "What makes any of you think that I sleep. You know better than that." It was true that Eric rarely ever had a full nights rest. The bags under his good eye were always dark and long. "I plan to get ready for the expedition in the way I know best practice." It was a very rare occasion to be let into Eric's room and if you were he often tried to keep any visitors from staying long. The walls of his room were stained with blood and covered in dagger marks. Most of the blood was Eric's from his constant blood practice but one could often find a stain that belonged to somebody else. "If any of you have any questions knock but do not enter. We leave in the morning at daylight we have a long journey ahead of us." With that Eric walked off to his room. He had modified the room that he had picked to be his with a long iron door. It was heavily weighted so that it took a great deal of force to push it open. "Everyone should be rested when morning comes."

Nyxia was in her room the lights off as always favoring the pale light of the moon for her source of illumination. There was the soft rattle of chains and the swift whistle of a blade through the air. Her room was in the basement, a large space, made of stone and sparsely furnished. With the exception of the four poster bed in the corner with its heavy black drapes and canopy and the shrine to Kilyun in one of the alcoves the rest of the space she used for her practice. Now was one of those times. The door to the basement was heavy steel, bolted shut from the inside whenever it was occupied and locked tight with the most efficient of puzzle locks from without when it was not. This place was her sanctuary and the only place where Nyxia could truly be herself. From the top of the bookshelf crammed with rows of heavy leather bound tomes, Garris watched his mistress.

The tiny female fairly danced across the floor lost in a whirl of chains and the whistle of the blade. She was working what appeared to be a large cresent blade through the air, alternating on a grip on the handle at the base of the blade and the chain on her wrist to which it was attached. Catching the blade up once more she thumbed as switch along its surface. A heavy black steel rod sprung for and she spun it lightly in her hand, bringing the blade of the heavy scythe down to rest on the floor. Luna Grimm was her weapon, a scythe with a retractable rod. The weighted weapon was like an extension of her own body. In anticipation for the job ahead she had decided to get in a brief work out with the weapon. She wanted to be sharp for tomorrow and she doubted she would sleep tonight any way. She was much to excited.

Eric was walking to his room when he heard the whirling of chains from downstairs. The basement was strictly off limits as most people who tried to visit Nyxia there ended up as a sacrifice. Eric tried to warn others but the stupid will be stupid. He walked up to the basement door and gave it a big knock knowing he was the only one who would be able to cause this disturbance and leave alive. "We leave in the morning, get rested and be ready we have to move by foot until we are halfway through the Crag. Anybody falls asleep they get left on the road." It was his way of saying goodnight, but it took somebody used to his ways to tell. With that he walked to his own room not far from the basement, and gave the heavy metal door a push. It always moved with a loud scraping sound as it pushed against the floor often. Once he was inside the door locked back into place and he cut open both his palms to practice his blood casting. One upside to being a devote follower of Kix was that your heart pumped more blood that normal. Your body slowly mutated to have larger veins and you were able to lose more blood without fainting. The sounds of Eric fighting against the air was loud, but little sound escaped his heavy door.

Nyxia simply shook her head, a small smile playing at her lips. Only Eric would do something as random as reminding her to rest before they travel in order to say goodnight. He could have simply said that but he was a complex man of complex ways. Luckily for him she found him entertaining. It was the only reason, other than the fact that in all technicality he was her boss, that he got away with many things others would not. Knocking on her door in the first place was a prime example of one of those things. Turning her attention back to what she was doing she began spinning the scythe lightly from hand to hand and one side of her body to the other. The action would seem simple enough at first but soon she was doing it so swiftly that the blade seemed to almost sing through the air. Morning wouldn't be here for a while longer, might as well get the most out of her training tonight.

Alec quietly left the area and made his way to his room. He reached for his supplies bag, two sharpened knives, made perfectly to fit in the back of a human being. The knives had quite the backstory, he stole them right out of a blacksmith's hands and ran off, only to be challenged to the chase of his life. Funny a blacksmith would cause more trouble then armed enemies. He smiled at the memory and stuck the knives into their sheathes which he kept at his side. He reached further into his bag and pulled out his final tool, his lockpicks, though, unlike his knives they had no story. Alec put them into his front pocket and grabbed the bag, holding it over his shoulder. It looked so dull and unhappy, it needed to be fed fresh gold. "Don't worry sweetie, Papa'll get you a nice meal tomorrow." He said to his bag.

However Alec wasn't really tired, he never really was. Though that may be to the fact that when he does sleep he does it for 24 hours straight. And he slept yesterday. He needed to find something to occupy this desolate night, perhaps a surprise visit to one of the females would suffice. He wouldn't lie though, he was hurt that they tried to steal from him...

He heard rumours of what Nyxia did in her enigmatic basement of hers. Some say there is dead bodies piled up to the roof, others say she sacrifices anyone who comes near it. But Alec knew there was no such thing, he sneaked into her room a couple of times, possibly stole some of her underwear, he would't share that of course. Though he was curious of what she would do.

Much like a curious cat, Alec made his way to Nyxia's room, looking around him. He slowly took out his lockpick and silently stuck it into the locks space and slowly turned to the right. He didn't see if it was locked, he just assumed. He slowly opened the door, without a single creak sung. He peered through the slightly opened door, noticing she was practising her scythe skills. He then arrogantly fully opened the door and smiled at her. "How goes the night dearest death maiden?" He slyly asked her.

Eve hung her black cowl over her widows peak before silently stalking over to where the sign-up sheet was. Most people would be surprised by the blood on the paper, but for her she thought of it as just another aspect of the world. She was in the guild but not entirely known. She made her presence known, but not enough to draw unwanted attention. (I hope its ok that I hop in)

The sound Nyxia made was somewhere between a screech and a hiss. She whipped around retracting her scythe handle, grabbing the hand bar and tossed the blade clear across the room. It whistled through the air, embedding itself point first in the door beside his throat. She yanked the chain pulling the curved blade over so it pressed against the underside of his throat. Eyes flashing in the moonlight she moved towards the door a small sadistic smile playing on her lips. She snapped her fingers and there was a soft rumble. The basement was lined with little alcoves, the perfect alcoves of course for storing coffins. She had at least 50 full ones at the moment, all home to her little army of the undead. These were the source of the rumbling as the five closest to the doorway would pop open. From them five rather large zombies would come forth, grabbing Alec up.

"Into the coffin you go... I'll let you out in the morning... Maybe..."

It was pointless to struggle against her zombies as their grips were inhumanly strong. They dragged Alec across the floor and to a large coffin, opening it and dumping him unceremoniously inside. Skipping over Nyxia slammed the lid on top of it and proceeded to wrap the entire thing in heavy black chains. She slid open a small grate at the end to allow in some air. Patting the coffin she hummed to herself as she went to retrieve her scythe and shut her door. She would have to get some better locks installed while she was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back