• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Once More (A 1x1x1 KH roleplay)

Ventus looked at Sherbey, he knew that the wish may not have enough juice the next time, but he didn't need for it to have all the power in the world, he just needed it to have enough power. "Yes, that is what I want for my fate. I don't need a lot of power for a wish, I just need enough, that would be good enough for me. And plus, I am ready to try and get out of this weird place." Ventus told the cat, ready to accept this fate.

Aqua went quiet, knowing too well that this was getting to him just as it wasn't her. They both loved Ventus, and sometimes treated him more as a son than brother. Often some classmates would tease her about how Terra was practically her husband. As Terra went forward, the world around them began to change, turning into a series of surreal illusions that could only be defined as some sick dream.

"W-What?" Aqua asked. Not knowing talk much of the labyrinth. The hummingbird like familiars flew around and some even looked to be getting ready to attack. 

"Ven!!" Aqua called, looking around for the boy.

Meanwhile the cat nodded, eyes glowing as it's ears hovered over Ventus.

"Your wish has overcome entropy." With those words, a small egg like gem appeared over Ventus' chest. It was a vibrant green color.

"This is called a soul gem. It's the source of all your magical energy. Take good care of it, and with this it's the proof that you are now a magical knight. Accept it, and use your gem to transform into your true power."

Ventus nodded, he didn't know what this true power was, or how to really transform into it, but he tried his best anyways. He held the Soul gem in his right hand, and tried to activate his true power while also accepting it. 

(I figure you can have control on if the transformation works or not, Aqua)

(Nah the contract is done so you're good to go.)

Sherbey nodded, watching as Ventus grabbed his soul gem. She stood by, watching the now newfound power unleash and form around Ventus to become a knight.

"Your abilities and fighting will come as natural to you. With this power, you will be able to slay the witch and stop it from harming anyone ever again."

The familiars scattered and scurried in fear, aware that their prey was now the hunter.

Sherbey'a ears twitched.

"I sense Aqua nearby... And she is with your friend Terra."

Suddenly before Sherbey told about Aqua and Terra, on Ventus's body his outfit was engulfed by the armor that he wore in Kingdom Hearts, and he was holding his keyblade in his hand, however he had his helmet off, with only the armor covering his clothes. Ventus was taken by surprise that he changed into this form. "Wow, this is awesome!" Ventus then noticed the Keyblade in his hand, "What is this thing? Some sort of key sword? Well, this thing probably helps channels my abilities, right?" Ventus asked as he then heard about Aqua and Terra, "What, they are here? Both of my friends, they came here? Oh no, we have to help get them out of here!" Ventus then ran quickly towards the direction of where his friends were. "AQUA!!!! TERRA!!!!!" Ventus called out while running to hopefully have his friends come follow his voice.

(This is what Ventus currently looks like just without the helmet on his head: 
20100823012239!Armored_Ventus_Art.png
)

"VEN!" Terra did not waste time, having at last caught sight of the boy. Grasping Aqua's hand on his own, he pushed a way through the familiars as best he could to not allow them to touch his friend in the slightest. It would be impossible to reach Ventus unscathed, but a few bruises here and there were nothing to the young man, driven by his will to reunite the three of them. "Are you hurt? What happened to you...?!" He paused, noticing Sherbey and growing more and more aware of how surreal this whole scenario was. "What in the world is going on?"

Ventus was a bit relief to see his friends, but he knew he had to get them out of this place. "Terra, this cat creature here is named Sherbey, it showed up while you were at work, and it told Aqua and I about beings known as witches. Witches are beings that human beings can't see, unless they are granted the power to fight them. Sherbey wanted to make a contract with Aqua to become a magical girl, and well she refused, but I was told my friend was in danger, and I couldn't just do nothing about it, so I escape and went to confront Hayner, but I was trapped into this place, known as a witch's labyrinth, which we are in now. But I do have to say, I am not the same Ventus that you knew, I am now a being called a Magical Knight! So now I can see the witch and defeat it, get us out of here, and have a real chance to free my friend. So, first we need to find the witch. Which way Sherbey?" Ventus told the group and then asked the cat.

Aqua heard the boy, and took no time to fight to get to him. With Terra's hand in hers, she pushed her way with him to Ventus.

She was shocked with what what she saw. Ventus was in some kind of armor. She didn't know what to think. Her eyes widened at what she saw.

"Ven...!" She exclaimed, kneeling down to bring the boy into her arms for a moment of relief. She pulled away and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Ven... What did you do!?"

Sherbey looked up to the newcomers and nodded, gesturing over to Ventus.

"He made a contract with me and is now a magical knight. It's nice to meet you, Terra." She sniffed the air and looked around, tail wagging about. "The witch knows we're here. It's waiting..." as Sherbey said this, a long corridor slowly revealed itself to them, covered in different patterns and signs. The hummingbirds flew into the walls, melting into it.

"The witch is in there... Aqua, I will be on standby to make a contract with you in the case Ventus can't defeat the witch alone. Just make sure you think about what you want to wish for."

"Ven, VEN! For god's sake, breath for just a second!" Terra grabbed the boy's shoulders, trying to gather all this information at once was far too much. Magical Knight? Witches? I mean, he had to believe him, with all this surreal crap going on, what else, right? But Ventus was acting as if he had suddenly acting as if he knew better, better than anyone around here, as if he had actually the nerve to expect him and Aqua to just let him fight thse things. Was he serious? How could he even do that, with that armor of his? It could not even work and Sherbey or whatever what this cat thing was only further added to that. He didn't even bother to greet it, it was just the cherry on top of this mess that he wanted none of. But when she brought up Aqua... "Oh, you have got to be...! First, you drag Ventus into this and now you want Aqua next?" He paused, glaring at the creature. "Over my dead body, kitty. If anyone is putting an end to this, it's me. Don't you dare put their lives on the line for this witch crap."

Ventus knew that Terra would be a bit more on the worried side, so he expected this attitude from him. "Terra, its fine, I already made the contract, and there is no turning back the clock. Plus, I need to help people, right? So I became a knight to help you guys out and to help my friend. Plus, we don't have time for arguing. The only way to get out of here is to defeat the witch, which needs to be done as soon as possible, then we can argue about things once we make it back to the real world." Ventus said as he then rushed off with his keyblade in hand, which also was fused with his gem, towards the pathway that opened up, to hopefully find this witch and get everyone out of here.

Sherbey didn't seem to mind Terra's outlash. If anything, he expected it.

"I understand your worries Terra. You see, I first approached Aqua while you were at work today and offered her the opportunity. I explained to her about the Witches, and she told me no. It was Ventus' choice after hearing about Hayner's curse that he told me he wanted to make a contract after being in here. My I never force anybody into making contracts; it's merely their choice and choice alone. I only grant them the power and any wish they want in return. Besides, Ventus is the only possible way you all to escape alive."

Aqua was so shocked, full of so many different emotions that she didn't know what to say. She was angry, afraid and worried. Ventus acting this all was okay made it worse.

"Ven do you even REALIZE how dangerous this is!? Ven! VEN!" She screamed after the boy, immediatly following after him. 

The hall led to a giant room sized best. Honey dripped all along the walls, but on furthur inspection it was acidic. In then nest laying on giant Easter eggs was a large mechanical mother humming bird, screeching in anger. 

WITCH ROBINWOOD, THE BIRD WITCH

Terra could not wrap his head around this at all. It was just insane. This talk of contracts, power, it was all stuff he would expect of a bad dream. But no, it was real. And Ventus was now part of  all of it, all because of fragile heart and reckless desire to help others. Why, just why him, why all this? "VEN!" The brown-haired male ran after the Magical Knight along with Aqua.

Ventus kept running towards where the bird laid, but he did hear the words of his friends. They had always wanted to protect him since they found him, but that's the thing, he wasn't the boy that they found any longer. He knew deep down that he was different now then what he once was, almost like becoming a knight helped him realize who he must be now, and how he wasn't a little kid any longer. He turned his head to face Aqua and Terra. "Of course I know how dangerous this is, but someone has to get us out of here, and someone has to protect people from these beings, cause if I don't do it, then who will, I don't see either of you jumping the gun to get us out of this mess. And besides, I am not the same boy who all wanted to protect for so long, this newfound power of mine has made become less afraid and have more courage, no matter the danger." Ventus said as he then came face to face with the bird witch. "A mechanical bird? That's the witch? Well, I guess it's not as weird as everything else here." Ventus said. He then summoned his helmet to his head, and held out his keyblade. He then surveyed the area, noticing that his could probably use the eggs to his advantage if he could just get close enough. "Aerora!" Ventus said as he then tried to blast some wind magic at the bird, to just mainly try to distract it more than harm it.

Aqua couldn't take this, watching as Ventus fought like that. She never saw such a thing before in her life. Just the thought of Ventus getting hurt was enough to break Aqua's heart. 

"Ven, I can't watch this-!" Aqua suddenly shrieked, as a drop of honey fell on her arm causing it to burn through her clothing and skin. She clenched her arm painfully and went back. 

Sherbey watched Ventus fought, very calm about it all.

"Puella Magis and Knights are very powerful... they don't go down easily. I've seen ten year olds take down witches all by themselves."

The witch looked over to the burst of wind that went at her. She shriked and opened its beak wide to swallow it whole. The eggs around it began to crack.

Ventus noticed the eggs beginning to crack, he needed some way to slow down time on the eggs, so he would be able to make the bird swallow them as well. But suddenly, time slowed down near Ventus, while a timer appeared in his helmet. "Okay, clearly the wishes do grant you special abilities." Ventus said as he quickly dashed over to the slowed down cracking eggs. He picked up two of them and threw them at the bird, hoping the bird would swallow them. Suddenly, he made time flow normal again. "There you go bird! Enjoy!" Ventus said as he threw the eggs.

The eggs knocked right into the bird, causing it to wail in pain as long sharp tendrils sprouted from them and impailed the bird on impact. The tendrils tried to go for Ventus, but slowly the sky began to shatter. The witch screamed as it fell over onto the nest, dissapearing as the world slowly changed back to normal. On the street where the bird once was was a small little marble like object. It was pitch black in the jewel and had a bird charm on it.

Sherby ran up to Ventus, nodding in satisfaction at the successful feat.

"You did great Ventus! Now that witch will cause grief no more." She looked to the marble object on the ground. "You should take that. It's called a grief seed. It's the remnant of the witch. You use them to cleanse your soul gem. Yours should look a duller green. When you use a grief seed, it'll restore your magic and power."

Aqua stood there, practically shaking from adrenaline. She couldn't react. Her first move was to practically throw her arms around Ventus.

"VEN!" Aqua cried, pulling away and checking him all over for injuries. "A-Are you okay?!"

Meanwhile on the sidewalk was Hayner, unconscious. He seemed to be peaceful, the mark on his neck was gone.

Ventus let himself go of Aqua. "Aqua, I'm just fine, actually I feel better than okay, like suddenly I have this power in me that I don't know how to explain it, I just feel great. Don't worry, I would never truly get myself killed, except maybe by you guys. Look, I'm sorry I ran off, and I'm sorry for everything else, I just couldn't let anything bad happen to people I care about. I didn't mean for you and Terra to get involved in all of this. But now that I can actually save people's lives, well I just feel like I can actually make a difference, and I feel like I can take on the world, without having to be scared of the unknown. I don't expect you to understand, I wouldn't if I were you, but honestly I'm not the same boy you took home from school today. I feel like a totally different person, more of a person ready to take control of his life than I was in the past. Aqua, I feel great, and I'm sorry I worried you guys, my heart just told me to do what I believed was right, and that was to help save my friend, no matter the cost." Ventus said as he then rushed over to his friend, "Hey cat, he is going to be okay, right?" Ventus asked Shelby.

Terra walked over to Hayner, picking him up while the conversation advanced behind him. The words pouring down from Ventus's mouth felt just forced and confusing. As if this strange events that took place had brought out something within him that would change everything, he began to sprout nonsense, a speech that he would only see heros from works of fiction do. Ridiculous. Ven was Ven, it was not an armor that would change that. He could already tell this scenario would not be a one time thing. No, far from it, now that Ventus was drunk with this new power, he now thought of himself as invicible. And Terra could not wrap his head around it...he wondered what Aqua's thoughts were regarding all this? Would she give in to this spoiled, make-believe wishes? Or realize how backwards this whole logic was? Approaching the two, he stood back in silence with Hayner on his back.

Aqua was shocked with what she was hearing. The boy she was talking to was surely different. Ven just didn't understand. He just couldn't.

"Ven! That's now the point!" Aqua shouted, tears welling up in her eyes. "It isn't just a simple decision! There's consequences! "I know you wanted to help Hayner, but there's had to have been another way!" Honestly now that she thought about it, no matter what something had to happen. If Ven didn't make a  contract in the labyrinth, then Aqua would've. She realized how much she was scolding Ventus, so went silent and went to stand by Terra.

"Terra... I'm sorry..." Aqua uttered softly. The must've been worse on Terra than on her. "Is Hayner okay?" She asked him.

Sherby gave a curt nod, tail wagging about as it jumped on Ventus' shoulder.

"Your friend is free from the Witch now. Once he wakes up, he'll be back to normal! What you need to do now is take that grief seed and used it to purify your soul gem. I told you to take good care of it, didn't I? That battle took a lot of magical energy."

Ventus suddenly realized what Sherby meant, "Oh yeah, almost forgot." Ventus said with s slight laugh at himself for almost forgetting. He then took the seed and used it to help restore his gem, which then restored some of its powers. He then looked at Aqua, he realized he was talking too much, but everything was happening around him, which made not really take a moment to breathe. So he took in a deep breath and exhaled, and looked at his friends, "Look, I really am sorry guys." Ventus said as he wanted them both to know that. He then looked at the cat, "So, now what? I know there are going to be consequences, but I have to face them head on, cause I have made my choice, and there's no turning back." Ventus said. He knew that he had to face everything from now on head on, instead of going against the consequences for his actions, and he wanted to know what was going to happen now that he made his choice. He wanted to protect other people from witches, but he also needed to make sure his friends could someday understand why he did what he did and become a knight. He just knew that everything was happening too fast around him, and he really just needed a moment to rest and then understand who he was now, and what he could do to face his choices,

Seeing Aqua so torn up about this matter, maybe just as so as him seeing how far more vocal she was about it, Terra could not help but feel a piercing sting inside his chest. Gently, he placed an arm around her shoulders, squeezing her body as if to reassure her. It was something rare for him to do, as Aqua had never been particularly fragile in their youth. Of course she would come to succumb to this, she was strong but not inhuman. As the cat creature answered the question directed at him, Terra found himself staring at it. If this thing had not find the blonde before them…perhaps things would have been different. Even Ventus’s apologies resonated hollow within the young man. “…Hey, cat.” He did not bother to try and remember its name. “…Is there any way to have someone take the role of a Magical Knight in one’s stead?” The reason for such a question to be brought up was obvious. The moment Ventus dared to open his mouth to protest, Terra silenced him with a stern glare. “Stay out of this, Ven, I’m asking this thing a question, not you.”

Aqua could see Terra was on edge about the whole situation. It wasn't obvious; such a chain of events was damn near impossible for any human to process. Aqua took Terra's hand, holding it lovingly.

Sherbey nodded, seemingly not offended at Terra's rudeness.

"When I make a contract, in return I give my future Puella Magi any wish they desire. It could be absolutely anything. The most impossible miracles. If you want something like that, you merely have to just wish it. Ventus made a wish when he made this contract with me."

Aqua looked up at Sherbey. It was right; Sherbey did say she granted wishes. 

"Ven-" Aqua began, looking to him.

"What did you wish for?"

Ventus looked at Aqua and scratch through his hair. "Well, actually I just wished to postpone my wish, that way I know truly what to wish for when the time comes. Now, it has been said because of that the next wish wont be as powerful, but I just need more time to really think about what to wish for." Ventus said. He then glanced at Terra. Ventus didn't like the fact that he just assumed that he would protest, as he didn't even think about protesting at that time. But given a moment to think about it, Ventus was sort of mad that Terra would try and take his place as a magical knight. The first time Ventus actually felt alive and free, his friend would just try and take that from him. If need, Ventus could consider to null and void Terra using his wish, but that was something he didn't want to really do. Ventus then turned to look back at Aqua. "Now, we seem to have a lot we need to talk about, but I don't think stay out here for much longer is a good idea. How about we get Hayner home then head home ourselves, and we can talk things over while eating that dinner we never got?" Ventus said as he felt staying out too much longer would just cause more problems at night, and plus he was getting hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back