• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Olympus: The Children of Gods [IC]

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice "Don't tell me you've developed a cat fetish from kissing Achilles," he teased, dearly hoping his quip drew attention from the slight blush on his face.

"In any case, I figure we should discuss the mission today while we have the chance." Hera was never forthcoming about information on the missions ahead of time, so Soryll had no clue as to what to expect. He could only hope that Aphrodite was more open with her apprentice.

Literally Batman Literally Batman

Last edited:
Jace Andris- Apprentice of Apollo

The sunlight warmed Jace's dark curly hair. He lowered his bow. Judging from the sun's position, breakfast was underway. Apollo's blessing guided his arrow to hit its mark--a target on the far side of the training field. Jace smiled lazily. He felt gratitude for being a patron of Apollo instead of another god. In Apollo, Jace had a big brother rather than a boss or third parent.

Jace slid the bow onto his shoulder to carry. He deposited it, and the quiver of arrows against a tree to take up again later. His tan bare feet felt cool against the grass. The outdoors was nice. It was its own kind of paradise. Jace could play around all day if he didn't have his duties.

Mission day was an exception, he liked those. Being used by the gods was always a fulfilling experience. As long as one took care not to offend any of them. That could be tricky. Winning too much or losing too much--either way, drawing the attention of certain gods didn't bode well.

Apollo simply expected Jace to throw himself into the games with the vigor of youth (exact words), sans pressure.

Jace headed toward the dining tables. He plucked a pomegranate from a table and sucked on it. "Greetings, fellow apprentices," Jace muttered. The juices spilled over his mouth and he had to wipe the mauve colored stain on his arm.

The entrance of a woman made his already bright smile beam. "Hello, Nidelia!" He felt they should friends virtue of their patron gods. Anything which might please Apollo, Jace was game for. "I have two questions. Have a partner for the mission? Want one?"

Nidelia Nidelia

Alatea Titania
She grinned as Danny responded. She resonates so well with this guy. He's passionate about his work, which is more than she can say for the other apprentices, and he takes it pretty seriously too. She decided to try asking him to partner up, mostly just to see if he'd say no.

"How about we partner up? I'd never worked with you before, but hey, it might turn out well." She said, her eyes making contact with Danny's. "Unless you're spoken for of course." She said, pointing her fork at Victoria since a lot of people thinking that the the had a relationship. The goddess of love claimed so herself so it must be pretty credible. "Wouldn't want the goddes of love and beauty to turn me into a dove."

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Literally Batman Literally Batman

Thea Usamov - Apprentice to Zeus

Thea nodded slowly listening to Zilas talk about his deity, he seemed respectful enough, but distant, which was a shame. When he turned the subject onto her god's wife a rather wicked grin crossed her lips. "Who doesn't she have bad blood with?" She said with a laugh, honestly thinking she was hilarious. "Really, that woman hates everyone, equally. I'm not even sure if she likes her own apprentice, wait until you see his pet. Horrible beast." She shook her head, pushing her plate away satisfied enough. "She doesn't trust Zeus not to ... fraternize, with me, or anyone else, not that it would ever happen, but she still thinks it, and I won't tell her otherwise." Her smile turned into a grin of pleasure. "It's funny to watch, really. She gets so mad, but she can't do anything."

PseudoLives PseudoLives

Alathea Titania
Alathea overheard what Thea said about Lady Hera and could not help but disagree with her. "I'm sorry Thea, but I would have to disagree with you. Lady Hera most certainly does not hate everyone, she is merely a bit, ah, passionate and misunderstood. She is the goddess of marriage and family and queen of the gods, she's merely protecting them in her own way. Sure, she can be a bit surly at times, but gods are driven by their aspects. You can't blame them for going overboard at times." She said, turning to face Thea.

"That said, the cat is quite an angry fellow. On that point, I do agree with you." The cat has been quite hostile to her as well, though she tries not to mind it too much.

NanLia NanLia

Nidelia SponzeApprentice of Artemis
Nidelia looked at Jace curiously, then with a playful smirk proceeded to tease the young man. "Oh, looking to score brownie points with Apollo by being friendly with his twin sister's apprentice?" she asked with a playful wink and a chuckle, in hopes that he would know it was just out of good fun, not a way to actually torment him.

She was listening in on the conversation between Alathea and Thea and looked over. "Hera has very good reason to think Zeus would do that to her," she states simply. "I mean, look at his track record," she says in a matter of fact tone. "As it is, Artemis and Apollo themselves were the results of him having an affair with Leto," she adds, glancing at Jace, wondering if he knew that tid bit about their mentors, before looking back to the girls. She wasn't ready to answer Jace's question about whether or not to be partners.

As it was she didn't like having partners, but it also seemed detrimental to have two hunters on one team, instead of say, a Hunter and a Melee fighter? Or anything like that.

[Interacting: Jace, Alathea, and Thea. Cross Cross CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse NanLia NanLia ]

♡ Victoria Pazeratt, Apprentice to Aphrodite ♡

"N-no, just...never mind." Victoria's face was quite red at this point, but after some deep breaths she was back to her cheerful self.

"Anyway, Aphrodite hasn't tipped me off further than the date. You?"

☇Zeus, King of the Gods ☇

Zeus was, at that time, forming the Teleportation Spell that would take the Apprentices to Earth. "Oh, hello, sister. My Apprentice is far from jaded. She's lively enough."

She was surprised to hear someone addressing her in regards to Hera; she didn't think her voice had carried that much. She smiled at Alathea as she disagreed with her about Hera, but agreed about the pet she'd provided her apprentice. Before she could answer, Nidelia was speaking her mind about Hera, once more defending the goddess. "All of that might be true," She said finally when the girls stopped, "But that doesn't mean she has the right to be menacing and vindictive to people who haven't done anything." She said with a shrug.

"Take Soryll for example," She nodded towards the boy, "She barely even talks to him, and when she does it's like he's annoying her, like he's not good enough. I mean, she picked him! At least you would think she'd smile at the poor guy once." She was thankful for her deity in comparison to Soryll's.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Nidelia Nidelia

mention: Lost Lost

Zilas Aminos, Apprentice to Dionysus

Zilas grinned. "You do things strictly to aggravate her, don't you?" His sentence dropped off at the end and his smile faltered as well as another apprentice caught Thea's attention. Zilas wasn't one to interrupt or draw attention to himself, and so he just stared down at his hands on the table as the two traded words.

NanLia NanLia

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice "Afraid not. Hera thinks that any hints aren't fair, and ruin the point of Mission Day," Soryll sighed. "At this point, all we can really do is form contingency plans. Though even those will be shaky at best..." He trailed off as something hit him. Something so stupid, it might actually work. "Hold on; can you do that trick you used on Achilles on, say, a god?"

Last edited:

"Yeah, I can. Problem is, I have to kiss them to work my magic. Might be a problem if we're going against Danny." She laughed. "Let's be serious, though, what if we run into Danny or somebody else that fights for a living? You sure you don't want to bring a weapon in? I'm sure you can grab one from the Armory before Zeus gets us rolling..."

Lost Lost

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice He shook his head. "No point. I've no training whatsoever. Besides," he smiled, "I prefer to solve things with my head. I have a few tricks up my sleeve if we run into one of the fighters. Nothing extremely offensive, mind you, but hopefully enough to give you the advantage."

Anabelle - Apprentice of Hestia

Anabelle nodded in agreement. "True, if it was for something like a puzzle it'd be far more enjoyable. And you're right, bringing a weapon with us would be better.", she replied.
She looked around the room once more. Every apprentice seemed to be raring to finally start the mission. "Well", she started her sentence after a short while of silence, "worst case scenario we can run away while the other pairs do the rest." She shrugged with half a smile on her face. "Let's see what will happen, it will probably not take much longer until Zeus will tell us more."

( RiversEdge RiversEdge [Noa Flores])

Thea turned a rather sly smile to Zilas at his comment. "Oh no!" She mocked surprise, eyes wide, but the smile absolutely destroyed any image of her innocence. "I would never consider doing such a thing. After all who would willingly enrage a goddess?" She asked, though all the while attempting to keep form laughing. "And certainly one that is well known for being spiteful; one that seeks vengeance over the tiniest slights?" She gave the boy a playful wink, and laughed whole heatedly. It amused her to no end to annoy the goddess, even if she was the Queen of the Gods; mostly because she knew it entertained Zeus to see Hera's feathers ruffled occasionally, that is until the Mother of the Gods turned her wrath on her husband; at those times Thea made her presence scarce.

"It's all in good fun." She said after her laughter settled and she could breath normally again. "What do you do for entertainment?" She asked, wiping tears from her eyes.

PseudoLives PseudoLives

"I'll be finding that out soon, since it seems that the pastimes here are different from those that I'm used to. So far, talking with you has been entertainment enough for me." Zilas smiled again at her, feeling that she was the closest to being his friend anyone had been for a while. "At least, I'm enjoying myself."

NanLia NanLia

"Mind telling me what those tricks up your sleeve are? I mean, we are a team, so I should be entitled to know what you're going to do if we get attacked. And plus, I do want to know a little more about you." Victoria had now broken those 'personal space' bubbles that they talked about in kindergarten. "I mean, if you don't tell me, I can just kiss you and make you tell me, so you're kind of screwed at this point," she explained bluntly.

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll laughed. "Fair enough." He reached into his pocket, sifting around until he pulled out a small pouch full of sand. He tossed it to her. There was nothing particularly impressive about the sand, nor was there anything special where its container was concerned.

"This is it?" She tossed the sand around in her hands, looking for something hidden about it. "This is your secret weapon? Oh boy. All the Apprentices are going to drop dead because of your sand," she joked, tossing it back to him. Her face then suddenly grew serious- a rare occasion for Victoria. She looked at the apprentice of Hera. "Hey, Soryll-" she began, but Zeus cut her off.

Lost Lost

☇Zeus, King of the Gods ☇

"OK. Listen up, little kids." Zeus's voice was overpowering. "Here's today's task. The spell I set up will take you to an arena designed just for you cherubs. Inside are 6 dragon eggs, hidden in various locations. Very expensive, and they grow dragons. Anyway, whoever doesn't come back with an egg has to do the norm." He cleared his throat. "Finish your pairings now. You should have enough to make 7 even groups, if I remember correctly."

@Everybody

"I live to entertain." She said with another wink, but before she could add anything more Zeus was drawing their attention. She listened, and the mission itself sounded easy enough, it would be more of a challenge of wit and evading the other groups. She turned her attention back to Zilas, "You ready for this?" She extended her hand for him to take; she knew nothing of his powers or skills, but she trusted in herself, that they would be successful or, at the very least, would have fun trying and failing.

PseudoLives PseudoLives

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll chuckled to himself when Victoria didn't understand his little trick. Ah well, he thought, she'll see soon enough.

His amusement vanished when Victoria became serious. He frowned, more than a little worried, but before she could finish, Zeus interrupted. He detailed their mission, and when he was done, the young apprentice was left staring at Jove, incredulous.

"Dragon eggs," Soryll muttered. "Never a boring day with Zeus in charge." He turned back to his partner. "Anyway, what were you saying?"

Zalis Aminos, Apprentice to Dionysus
"I-I guess. I wonder if these dragon eggs will be of easy-to-find colors," Zalis said with a hint of nervousness to his voice. "So, are we a team?" he asked, glancing at Thea.

NanLia NanLia

♧Noa Flores♧
Apprentice of Demeter

Noa nodded in response, taking her time to stand since Zeus was ready for them to head out. "I think this should turn out just fine. I feel like I should let you know something, since we're partnering up." She lowered her voice. "I have a varied amount of magic to use if we're found. But I also have the ability to be very quiet. You most likely won't be able to hear my footsteps." Back to normal, she smiled and gestures for Annabelle to come along. "Let's do this then."

(Interacting with Capricornus Capricornus [Annabelle])

○Jude Hallows○

Apprentice of Hephaestus

Well, now it was starting. Jude raised his head. He had finished eating quite awhile ago as the others had talked. Of course, do his own friendly nature he didn't have a partner to speak of. Aw well, he'd have one eventually. Nothing good came out of lamenting on it. So he only stood up and grinned, ready for whatever challenge laid ahead.

(Interacting with No One)

Thea blinked at the question, amber eyes turning down to her extended hand before back up to Zilas, "Well, yeah." She said then laughed. "Isn't that why you came to talk to me before?" She paused then, a slight frown etching her features. "Oh, unless you already have a partner?" The boy was confusing; she had thought he'd been clear when he approached and was asking about Mission Day that he had wanted her as a partner for today's Mission.

PseudoLives PseudoLives

"Well, um, yeah," Zilas said quickly, embarrassed once again. He took her hand in his, ready to be alone in the garden again, if his interactions with the other apprentices were all going to be like this. He talked so fast his words were running together. "I mean, yeah to wanting to be your partner. I don't have one if you don't want to--" Zilas cut himself off. "I'll stop talking now."

NanLia NanLia

Anabelle - Apprentice of Hestia

Anabelle was amazed by Noa, nodding as she told her about her powers. If only hers were that useful. She preferred not telling others about her own magic as she rarely ever used it, and when she did it backfired most of the time.

She finished her tangerine and packed one into her pocket for later uses before standing up and following Noa. "So, this is basically just us looking for eggs? With dragons in them?.. This seems kind of fishy..." To her it sounded like a simple task, yet too simple. "We'd better not let our guard down or get distracted. I have a weird feeling about this..."

( RiversEdge RiversEdge [Noa Flores])

Users who are viewing this thread

Back