OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Lewyn could give an answer or work out what he wanted to say, Martyn Lannister suddenly approached the small gathering and he found his gaze switching to the mountain lion like there were far to many things drawing his attention and confuse him in a short amount of time. He wasn't particularly dull or stupid but his felt almost fried trying to come up with a solution that would not insult Celenas cousin but at the same time it was not her favor he wanted. However it seemed he would not have to make a decision now as all the Lannister quickly left for a dinner and he was invited along with the girl Ave who just arrived. Once all the Lannisters left he was still trying to think of a solution when suddenly Ave who had all but ignored in his thoughts suddenly apologized to him. He looked at her seemingly confused when she apologized for wasn't it him who had been rudely ignoring her? She answered the question in his eyes and surprisingly her hand came to rest against his own. His already over worked mind froze and she smiled at him.

Soon after she left, saying she hoped to see him at the dinner and walked off, leaving Lewyn for nearly the third time in a single conversation speechless. "Did she just flirt with me?" He thought to himself with bemusement that left him lost to what to do. How did a small group of girls baffle him so and corner him in such a way in a matter of a few minutes. "Woman are complicated." Lewyn said to himself as he sat down for a few more moments before standing. He was at a complete loss of what to do and he would have to prepare for the dinner soon but he needed someone to help him. For a moment he thought Nymeria, for she was always good with these kind of things but he had no idea where she would be as his sister was a social butterfly and could be halfway across the Red Keep by now. He got up and found his way gravitating towards the dornish staying area where he knew he could find someone he knew he could talk to. As he passed by the dornish guards he saw someone he trusted. He felt himself relax a bit and walked forward to the woman sitting down in a chair. "Mother." He called out to get to her attention, walking up to her as his affectionate voice echoed in the room.

@TheFordee14

-

-

-

Rhaenyra Martell

Since she arrived in the city of King's Landing, Rhaenyra hadn't stopped drinking. It started with a cup of white wine as she met with her family who she hadn't seen in several years. Then it continued with a stronger tonic at a dinner party. And, now, she lay in her room. A half-empty cask of red by her writing perch. She examined the barrel, contemplating if she could really handle another sip. "I can't." She said to herself, her voice hoarse. She hadn't spoke all this day. Yes, being back in the capitol had made Rhaenyra fairly uncomfortable. She didn't like the city one bit. I hate the smell. I hate the sound. I hate the people- most of all.

How she dreamed of being back at The Water Gardens. In her herb garden. Smelling the basil, and the chamomile. Listening to the nearby song of fountain water splashing around. King's Landing may of been her birthplace, but she would never call it her "home".

She sat down by her desk and began fiddling with an empty cup. She was bored. I've been cooped up in this room for too long. She thought. Although, that is entirely my fault. Suddenly, the door swung open and he walked in. A smile instantly came to Rhaenyra's aging face. 

"My son." She got out of her chair and hugged him as soon as he was in arms reach. As she drew away, she raised her arm and messed up his ebony-coloured hair with her bony fingers. Rhaenyra clicked her fingers and a guard came in. "Can you go get my son and I a fresh casket?" She asked.

[SIZE= 12px]"Yes, my lady. Of what flavour?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Any. As long as it is good." Rhaenyra smile grew slimmer. Her impatience was wearing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"As you say. I do believe we have--"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Just get the wine, young ser." She shot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The lanky man quickly nodded and left. Rhaenyra chuckled and then picked two clean cups from her cutlery shelf. She placed both chalices on the desk. One was embodied with a dragon- big an' red. With horns on his head and on his tail. And an amber flame pouring from his mouth that stretched around the whole cup. The other showed a pair of green serpents, their tongues entwined. And in between them was an orange and golden sun that smiled a large smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"How are you Lewyn? I don't think we've managed to have a proper conversation since we arrived in King's Landing." Rhaenyra began. She didn't let her eyes leave the cups. She admired them greatly. She stared for several moments before finally allowing herself to let her gaze turn to her gallant young son.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]He looks more and more like his father each day. R'hllor be good and allow him to live to actually be a father...[/SIZE]

@Akio

-

-

-

Rhaenyra Martell

Since she arrived in the city of King's Landing, Rhaenyra hadn't stopped drinking. It started with a cup of white wine as she met with her family who she hadn't seen in several years. Then it continued with a stronger tonic at a dinner party. And, now, she lay in her room. A half-empty cask of red by her writing perch. She examined the barrel, contemplating if she could really handle another sip. "I can't." She said to herself, her voice hoarse. She hadn't spoke all this day. Yes, being back in the capitol had made Rhaenyra fairly uncomfortable. She didn't like the city one bit. I hate the smell. I hate the sound. I hate the people- most of all.

How she dreamed of being back at The Water Gardens. In her herb garden. Smelling the basil, and the chamomile. Listening to the nearby song of fountain water splashing around. King's Landing may of been her birthplace, but she would never call it her "home".

She sat down by her desk and began fiddling with an empty cup. She was bored. I've been cooped up in this room for too long. She thought. Although, that is entirely my fault. Suddenly, the door swung open and he walked in. A smile instantly came to Rhaenyra's aging face. 

"My son." She got out of her chair and hugged him as soon as he was in arms reach. As she drew away, she raised her arm and messed up his ebony-coloured hair with her bony fingers. Rhaenyra clicked her fingers and a guard came in. "Can you go get my son and I a fresh casket?" She asked.

[SIZE= 12px]"Yes, my lady. Of what flavour?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Any. As long as it is good." Rhaenyra smile grew slimmer. Her impatience was wearing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"As you say. I do believe we have--"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Just get the wine, young ser." She shot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The lanky man quickly nodded and left. Rhaenyra chuckled and then picked two clean cups from her cutlery shelf. She placed both chalices on the desk. One was embodied with a dragon- big an' red. With horns on his head and on his tail. And an amber flame pouring from his mouth that stretched around the whole cup. The other showed a pair of green serpents, their tongues entwined. And in between them was an orange and golden sun that smiled a large smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"How are you Lewyn? I don't think we've managed to have a proper conversation since we arrived in King's Landing." Rhaenyra began. She didn't let her eyes leave the cups. She admired them greatly. She stared for several moments before finally allowing herself to let her gaze turn to her gallant young son.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]He looks more and more like his father each day. R'hllor be good and allow him to live to actually be a father...[/SIZE]

@Akio

Lewyn immediately entered his mothers hug without a seconds hesitation, pulling her close to him for a quick hug before she drew back, messing with his hair which caused him to smile almost boyishly for the first time since he entered the city. His father had died before he was born and while Cayden was everything he could hope for in a father figure his mother had always held a special place for him. It was she who took care of him, hear his woes, congratulated him on his triumphs, and comfort him on his loses and only his sister could be as said as close to his heart. Quickly she ordered them a casket of wine and set the servant off with a sharp tongue that made him chuckle, though he did wish she was nicer to the hired help. He sat down, letting himself get comfortable as he turned his eyes to his mother.

She was watching the cups as he looked on at first but he didn't mind, he knew she was listening as always but sometimes she did not always give eye contact. When her eyes raised to meet hers their eyes met. He took many traits from his father. His dark hair and dornish skin tones, some of the shape of his face, and his actual frame but his fairness and especially his eyes all came from her and whenever he met her eyes he couldn't help but feel assured much like he was a child and had a nightmare and she would come and sit with him with a story or a song to lull him back to sleep. Never the less he was still worried, as his earlier worries from the clearing came back to him which made his face fall for a moment, before he noticed it and smiled again. "Fair enough I suppose, I met Celena again when I entered the city and have been invited to a dinner with the Lannisters later tonight. I also met one of the Redwyns... She was friendly." He said choosing his words carefully as he did not exactly know how to describe the girls behavior. "But I have a problem, and I'm not sure I know how to solve it." He said quietly and perhaps with a bit of despair coloring his tone. The problem for the dinner had been eating at him for awhile and even while contemplating most of the walk he felt no closer to a solution as he had when Celena first mentioned it.

-

-

-

Rhaenyra Martell

[SIZE= 12px]She froze. Only for a moment. Rhaenyra had met the young lioness on many an occasion. Lewyn has always had a thing with her. However, Rhaenyra never really knew what to think of Celena Lannister. She's always been courteous and gentle and kind. But anyone can be those things, especially young ladies. Young ladies who want something. The lanky guard soon reappeared with a brown cask, filled and filled with red wine. He set it down by the desk and then poured some wine into the two cups Rhaenyra had been admiring. "Thank you, ser." She said. He bowed. "Is there anything else?" He asked her. But Rhaenyra only replied with a wave of her hand. She didn't want to waste any more of her words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]He left.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Rhaenyra picked up both chalices. She gave one to Lewyn and then sat down in her chair. She clutched her drink and continued to listen to her boy's woes. He spoke of a dinner party hosted by House Lannister. [/SIZE]Why would they be hosting a dinner party with the wedding so close? [SIZE= 12px]Rhaenyra was skeptical. Alas, she always was. Even when it came to the most innocent of queries. She sipped her wine. It was a blood red colour. Which reminded her...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Lewyn, all of sudden, mentioned another maiden.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Redwyne girl?" Rhaenyra said, shocked. "Lewyn, you know how your family's relationship with The Reach is. I doubt it is in your best interest to be talking with the leader of their navy." Lewyn looked somewhat guilty when she said that, which in-turn made her feel bad. She hadn't meant to scold him. She sipped once more. Her ears twitched when he told her of his 'problem'. She stood up. "And what is this problem?" Rhaenyra began,[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"You know you can trust me with anything, son."[/SIZE]

@Akio

-

-

-

Rhaenyra Martell

[SIZE= 12px]She froze. Only for a moment. Rhaenyra had met the young lioness on many an occasion. Lewyn has always had a thing with her. However, Rhaenyra never really knew what to think of Celena Lannister. She's always been courteous and gentle and kind. But anyone can be those things, especially young ladies. Young ladies who want something. The lanky guard soon reappeared with a brown cask, filled and filled with red wine. He set it down by the desk and then poured some wine into the two cups Rhaenyra had been admiring. "Thank you, ser." She said. He bowed. "Is there anything else?" He asked her. But Rhaenyra only replied with a wave of her hand. She didn't want to waste any more of her words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]He left.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Rhaenyra picked up both chalices. She gave one to Lewyn and then sat down in her chair. She clutched her drink and continued to listen to her boy's woes. He spoke of a dinner party hosted by House Lannister. [/SIZE]Why would they be hosting a dinner party with the wedding so close? [SIZE= 12px]Rhaenyra was skeptical. Alas, she always was. Even when it came to the most innocent of queries. She sipped her wine. It was a blood red colour. Which reminded her...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Lewyn, all of sudden, mentioned another maiden.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Redwyne girl?" Rhaenyra said, shocked. "Lewyn, you know how your family's relationship with The Reach is. I doubt it is in your best interest to be talking with the leader of their navy." Lewyn looked somewhat guilty when she said that, which in-turn made her feel bad. She hadn't meant to scold him. She sipped once more. Her ears twitched when he told her of his 'problem'. She stood up. "And what is this problem?" Rhaenyra began,[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"You know you can trust me with anything, son."[/SIZE]

@Akio

Lewyn couldn't help but look sheepish when she mentioned the Redwyn. "The Redwyn girl came in right after most of the conversation had finished and seemed interested in me, I don't know what she wanted but at the same time I couldn't offend her. and our relationships with some of the Reach improved after Nymeria became friends with Axell." He said trying to explain himself but at the same time was a bit guilty what it might mean politically and how it might look. He was never very good and keeping the political view in mind.

However luckily she seemed to let it slide which made him sigh in relieve as he reached for the wine and took a small sip. He was never a man who drunk much nor did he want to drink so much before going to the dinner but he still needed advise. She stood, saying he could trust her and words started slipping from his mouth in a tide. "I think I'm in love with Celena, ever since we met at the Rock I've wanted to court her but she seems to only have eyes for a man named Laenor who crowned her queen of love and beauty and then left for the war. I can't seem to get close to her because shes fixated on him and doesn't know about how to make her recognize my feelings and I'm not sure she even knows I have feelings for her." His voice did not seem to be able to stop and more and more of his frusteration and despair seemed to be growing in his voice as he continued. "On top of that her cousin wants me to ask for her favor and Celena was the one who suggested it so I don't know how to say no without insulting her and upsetting Celena and I just don't know what to do!" He said, finally able to close his mouth as he almost seemed to grow smaller as if he had lost something saying it all. He was a bit afraid that she would tell him that this entire thing was childish which it might be but it was hard to explain his feelings for her and why he just couldn't say no to her when she smiled at him like that. He sat there, waiting for his mothers response.

Rosyn Lannister

The Lion's Supper, the Red Keep

Rosyn joined the others in their gentle laughter. In truth, she'd been vastly entertained by her sisters-in-law with their gossip regarding Celena and her romantic longings. Entertained, though not unsympathetic. She knew what it was to long for someone who was ever reft away by duty, and though his presence faded slowly from her everyday life, here in the heart of Lord Tiber's Pride she was reminded of him constantly. Which didn't keep her from hiding a smile behind her hand at the conflicting emotions on Celena's face. 

"It is that," she murmured sympathetically. "I had some earlier, and I agree that the spiced meats and the warmth of the great hall... why, la, it could make the heat rise to any maid's cheeks." Her eyes drifted up from her friend's cheeks to the nobles nearby, and a frisson of laughter rippled through her voice. "Near as much heat as the gaze of yon Seahorse Knight, to be sure. Celly, don't look now but I fear your knight has come searching for you." At that juncture she could have stripped naked and danced on the tabletop for all the young lionesses around her would have noticed - the whole section of the table was torn between Ser Laenor's face and Celena's, and Rosyn was no exception. Though she did her best not to smile too broadly. 

She helped herself to a slice of boar.

Wasn't young love a wonderful thing?

@WanderingJester @Hypnos

< >   < >   < >

Gregor Rowan

The Red Keep, King's Landing

Lord Gregor Rowan was a broad man - he smiled broadly, his well-muscled frame was beginning to thicken around the middle and it was a rare servant maid that escaped his searching gaze. Indeed, Gregor often spoke of his high regard for beauty that led him to pay those gentle flattering compliments to young ladies that they most appreciated. A surprising number of even highborn ladies found themselves drawn inexorably to his bedchamber, though they never stayed there long; Lord Gregor was a man of great appetites after all, which were rarely sated for long. Thankfully the younger Lord Tyrell seemed to recognize his talents and had asked him here to advise him; he wouldn't have put it past the upstart Lord Webber to worm his way into the party from the Reach had Axell not moved to stop him.

"My prince," he bowed grandly. "I would be only too pleased to join you in cooler chambers. Is your vintage one of Summerhall's own, or something from the Arbor perhaps?" Certainly not a Dornish red, although Lord Rowan's position in the north of the Reachlands meant he had less of an angry bias against the southernmost of the Seven Kingdoms. He followed Prince Aelyx to his chambers, marking any guards or Knights of Summerhall with an approving nod. One could not be too careful these days; he himself carried a sword at his hip.

But then he wasn't a prince of royal blood.

@ArisenMoon

Axell Tyrell

As he moved closer to Victarion he grinned. He knew his friend wasn't really a social one, some say with very weird social skills. So, as he was near Victarion, he grabbed his hand, to comfort his friend "What do you think Vic? Am I a fighter? No sadly, I won't take part, you?" 

Axell had never been a fighter, he preferd other ways to solve things. Of course, he could hold ground against many smallfolk fighters, but many lords and sers would beat him.

The Reachlord heard another man closing in and shouting his name, he turned around and saw another friend of him, Austen, the lord of Redwyne "Austen!" Axell grabbed also the arm of Austen in a friendly greeting "Where would you find me if it wasn't in the gardens? How are things?"

@Lancelot @TheFordee14

"If I'd been using my own weapons I would have been twice as deadly." Rae countered, embracing his childish comment. She was bitter about losing, more so than she was letting on though she decided those emotions were better bottled up, stored and exploited when the opportunity presented itself. These emotions lingered just long enough to distract her from the intimacy of her current situation. As the Prince reached down to wipe the blood from her lip she became horrible aware of just how helpless she was. Not to mention how scandalous, if someone were to enter the room a whole manner of things could be inferred from their position, with even the least troublesome resulting in war. The realisation caused Rae to question the situation itself. She had never been one for romance, often seeing it as a negative aspect of their society. By it's very nature it disempowered women, turning them into possessions, nothing more than political pawns. Consequently, any of Rae's previous feelings of love or adoration had been killed upon their birth, a blunt refusal to give up the delicate freedom she did possess. Rae opened her eyes slowly and looked up at the Targayen Prince above her past her long lashes, feeling stirrings of... something. A something she crushed with the heel of a mental boot. Not only was the man above her royalty, but he was betrothed to another. Any slip up on either of their parts wold welcome war to the doorstep of Westeros. This was no time for romance. "Me childish? Your highness! I'm not he one pinning their unarmed opponent to the ground long after the duel's end." Rae continued in mock outrage. She hoped the return to a humorous tone would do something to defuse the tension that had settled on the room.

@Akio

"If I'd been using my own weapons I would have been twice as deadly." Rae countered, embracing his childish comment. She was bitter about losing, more so than she was letting on though she decided those emotions were better bottled up, stored and exploited when the opportunity presented itself. These emotions lingered just long enough to distract her from the intimacy of her current situation. As the Prince reached down to wipe the blood from her lip she became horrible aware of just how helpless she was. Not to mention how scandalous, if someone were to enter the room a whole manner of things could be inferred from their position, with even the least troublesome resulting in war. The realisation caused Rae to question the situation itself. She had never been one for romance, often seeing it as a negative aspect of their society. By it's very nature it disempowered women, turning them into possessions, nothing more than political pawns. Consequently, any of Rae's previous feelings of love or adoration had been killed upon their birth, a blunt refusal to give up the delicate freedom she did possess. Rae opened her eyes slowly and looked up at the Targayen Prince above her past her long lashes, feeling stirrings of... something. A something she crushed with the heel of a mental boot. Not only was the man above her royalty, but he was betrothed to another. Any slip up on either of their parts wold welcome war to the doorstep of Westeros. This was no time for romance. "Me childish? Your highness! I'm not he one pinning their unarmed opponent to the ground long after the duel's end." Rae continued in mock outrage. She hoped the return to a humorous tone would do something to defuse the tension that had settled on the room.

@Akio

"And if I had been wearing armor, your sneaky blow would have never hurt me." He chortled, matching her childless with his own as he pointed out that her blow against his legs would have never of even scraped his flesh in full plate. "Then again you were fighting in a dress so ill give you points for that." Aegons body seemed to almost thrum with energy even though his body was mostly still. Aegon was still excited from the battle and holding a beautiful woman beneath him made him start entertaining other ideas as well. In the end he couldn't help but think it wouldn't work for now, as it would be dangerous to make a scene at his own wedding and he did not want to lose the support of the baratheons. Never the less he could feel her frame beneath him, soft and vulnerable, with shapely breasts and wide hips, and he realized he wanted her. He knew he could not take her.. At least not yet. But he saw no problem with teasing her, not to mention she could be the key to the Norths power if her brother could be removed. Besides she had impressed him, with her fortitude and prowess as much as her appearance and she would be a worthy addition at his side given time. An interesting thought, and one he would possibly work on but for now he would simply work on teasing her and despite her humor would not let her go so easily. "Perhaps I am simply enjoying the view." He said, his voice taking a slightly suggestive tone as he leaned over her a bit, some of his hair falling past his shoulders to fall around his face to drift near her face while his amusement in his amethyst eyes. There was little doubt Aegon was handsome and beautiful but as was the case with many of the royal blood his eyes were something one could drown in, a lighter purple that seemed to almost reflect the light as he looked at her with a teasing smile. "Maybe I'm just deciding if I want to keep you." He said his voice low with a grin.

However before he could say anything else, he heard a knock on the door and one of the two guards with him before entered and paused a bit seeing the current scene but at the same time didn't see really surprised. "Your highness." He said in greeting, causing Aegon to look irritated. "What is it? I did not remember to ask to be disturbed." He said, which seemed to make the guard visibly flinch before stammering, "Just a quick message I thought you wanted to hear my lord, the Lannisters are hosting a dinner party and you have been invited to attend." He said, seeming almost terrified of the princes annoyance. Aegon thought to himself for a moment then waved his hand dismissively. "It will be required of me to entertain our guests, inform the Lannisters I will attend." The man nodded and was about to leave when Aegon was struck by an idea. "And tell them I will bring a guest." The man paused at the door but then nodded, leaving the two alone as Aegon finally stood up, releasing her as he turned to focus on her yet again. "Ill certainly admit your a good fighter, I'm not sure you would win the melee but ill personally allow you to participate if you will as I promised. Otherwise I would like to be friends with you, I find you interesting Rae Stark. That's why I want to invite you to this little dinner party, to save me from the likely monotonous boredom ill have to deal with entertaining my guests." In truth he doubted it would be that bad and he had long wanted to take measure of the laughing lion and the power of the west but he played up the necessity and boredom of it in order to mollify her by asking her to come with him to the Lannisters. It would be rude to refuse a direct invitation without prior commitment and now he used that to his advantage. "I owe you a dress anyhow, it would be an excellent place to try it out for the crowds would it not? Besides you won't be able to walk to many places as you are not without giving the guards a heart attack." He teased, her current state of dress in a way that could certainly be called revealing at least due to the rip up to mid though showing off her shapely legs and her crooked and dirty and even riped dress that showed perhaps a bit more then she bargained for.

Celena Lannister

Red Keep, King's Landing, The Crownlands.

Lady Celena Lannister could hardly do more than eat at the moment; not with all her cousins and Rosyn shooting her knowing looks and drowning the section in giggles.

While she couldn't deny her feelings to Laenor, Celena sure didn't think that a few teases could make her turn into a tomato quite that easily.  She began to force herself to breath more easily before looking over to Rosyn, listening carefully.  Of course, the Lion Maid didn't expect her to announce that the subject of their discussion and her feelings was standing a few feet behind her.  A good chunk of the composure that she had gathered fled almost immediately, while a look of slight panic washed over her face.  "By-by the Seven," Celena managed to gasp before her hands reached for her hair without her instructions, and began to fix it up a bit.  "How do I look?  Oh Maiden, I didn't even know he was in the city.  I must resemble a horrid mess right now."  She could feel tears attempting to force their ways out of her eyes, but held them down.  Laenor or not, Celena was still a Lion, and she would not let some knight reduce her to tears only because she felt less confident as usual.

But then again, it was Laenor.

Dyanne reached over and pulled one of Celena's hands down.  "You look beautiful Celly, and he's got a few new scars that make him look very handsome.  Just breath.  I'm sure he'll be just as blown away as the day he crowned you at the tourney."  Celena sighed and put her hands down, before reaching for her silverware again, just as Carysee looked over her at where she presumed Laenor to be.

"Oh, oh!  He's looking over this way.  I think he's looking for you Celly!  Act natural!"  This of course did nothing to calm Celena, who did her best to continue eating again, only she paid little heed about what she actually chewed and swallowed.  With Laenor being unexpectedly in the city let alone in the same room as her, the Lion Maid's poor mind found itself quite occupied with everything that was happening at the moment, not excluding the uncontrollable actions of her body, such as her still quite red face.

@Greenbriar

@Hypnos

@ArisenMoon

(Just tagging people who are in the room, regardless of direct interactions ^_^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Gregor Rowan

The Red Keep, King's Landing

Lord Gregor Rowan was a broad man - he smiled broadly, his well-muscled frame was beginning to thicken around the middle and it was a rare servant maid that escaped his searching gaze. Indeed, Gregor often spoke of his high regard for beauty that led him to pay those gentle flattering compliments to young ladies that they most appreciated. A surprising number of even highborn ladies found themselves drawn inexorably to his bedchamber, though they never stayed there long; Lord Gregor was a man of great appetites after all, which were rarely sated for long. Thankfully the younger Lord Tyrell seemed to recognize his talents and had asked him here to advise him; he wouldn't have put it past the upstart Lord Webber to worm his way into the party from the Reach had Axell not moved to stop him.

"My prince," he bowed grandly. "I would be only too pleased to join you in cooler chambers. Is your vintage one of Summerhall's own, or something from the Arbor perhaps?" Certainly not a Dornish red, although Lord Rowan's position in the north of the Reachlands meant he had less of an angry bias against the southernmost of the Seven Kingdoms. He followed Prince Aelyx to his chambers, marking any guards or Knights of Summerhall with an approving nod. One could not be too careful these days; he himself carried a sword at his hip.

But then he wasn't a prince of royal blood.

@ArisenMoon

Aelyx Targaryen

Laughing, Aelyx shook his head as he opened the door to his quarters, entering himself, before allowing Gregor to enter after him. "Neither in fact. A good Northern Ale! I placed a request with House Manderly to bring some of their best ale south with them for this wedding, and upon arrival, I was able to pay for it and procure it." As he was speaking, he gestured to one of the chairs in the room, before walking over to a cabinent, and withdrawing two cups, along with a large white flask. Pouring into the cups, Aelyx turned and sat down himself across from Gregor, taking a sip from his cup. 

"My Lord, the matter for which I wish to speak of, would be the letters you received."

@Greenbriar

((@thefordee14 I have officially moved our conversation to a time bubble so when you post for her ill be posting as a flash back remembering it

Just about an hour later Lewyn was still thinking about his mothers answer when he finally approached the Lannister dinner party. He was nervous, but not as nervous as before as he had come up with an answer to the seemingly unanswerable question and the conversation with his mother had calmed him perhaps even more then he expected and he approached with easy steps and a steady mind. He was dressed in a handsome robe, that hang tight around his frame with an open collar that went down to almost mid chest showing off powerful muscles and frame that was lean and fit while the dark colors made the deep purple of his eyes seem even more clear and compelling while his wavy brown hair crowned his face in a way that accented his powerful features well and almost seemed newly trimmed if not cut.

He quickly made his way to the place where he knew the Lannisters would be holding court, where he began to take notice of the heavy guard presence. Earlier Celena and their small gathering had quite a few guards but he had attributed it to having all the Lannister ladies essentially in the same place but now going through the Lannister corridors he realized the heavy guard presence was everywhere and he saw more Lionsguard then he had seen gold cloaks since entering the city. This made him uneasy and kind of wish he had his sword even when he knew that he would not be attacked it made him nervous. He made his way to the guard checkpoint outside and was searched though it went rather quick given that it would have been difficult to hide a sword on his current outfit and then he was let in without question.

He looked around and quickly identified the group of Lannister ladies, Celena and her many cousins and aunts which made him aware how large the Lannister family were. He immediately started to approach them but realized Celena was doing a convincing impersonation of a tomato and seemed to be trying to devour the entire table. He had almost never seen Celena act like this except once and he followed half the Lannister tables eyes to see someone that made him freeze and for a moment surprising, white hot rage washed over him with a degree of hatred that even shocked himself. He wanted to scream, "Why are you here! Why now!" For a single, irrational moment he wished he had a sword to cut him into ribbons and toss his remains over different parts of Blackwater bay. Then he reeled himself in, trying to remain controlled with visable effort. He barley knew the man and had never met him in person and was caught off guard by how much hatred he held towards him even with a single glance. With stiff effort he managed to turn away from him and focus his gaze on Celena. She was radiant tonight, her dress more low cut and revealing then it had been in the courtyard and he started to approach the group, eyes on her helping him calm down. "Good afternoon ladies, you are all looking radiant tonight." He said trying to grab their attention, his smile lighting up his face though those who know him well might have thought it was a bit stiff.

@WanderingJester

Victarion Greyjoy (Present)

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion entertained the thought of joining a melee, it had been a while since he had tested his steel.  Although a while for iron born may be a week for others, their culture was a warrior culture, the greatest in all the seven kingdoms or so they had themselves believe.  Victarion was aware of the strengths and weaknesses of his people, along with the sometimes narrow and borderline idiotic thinking, he had studied the failed rebellions and conquests of the pasts and could only see the same mistakes happening over and over again.  When the Kraken came onto the land it imploded upon itself and the greenlanders merely poked them back into the sea however on the waves they were almost unstoppable. "I fear my will be wrapping her arms around my neck for the majority of the festivities, do not think her a weak woman though Axell I will do you a service and warn you of her temper." It was rare for Victarion to even try and be humorous so he hoped Axell would appreciate that.  But before he had a chance to reply a man boomed his greetings from across the garden and began to approach them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion wasted no time identifying the man, the way he touched and spoke to Axell gave off the impression of a friend, that was not a surprise after all. Tyrells were an ever popular family.  The stranger was young, couldn't be older than Victarion, maybe a few years his minor.  He wore the sigil of House Redwyne on his garments, likely of the main line the way he acted.  It did not take long at all for Victarion to come to the conclusion that this was Lord Austen Redwyne of the Arbor, his father had passed away recently leaving him and his sister Ave Redwyne to fend for themselves.  He glared at the young lord as he spoke to him [/SIZE]"..." [SIZE= 12px]Victarion paused for an extended period of time that filled the gardens with silence, it was a pain in the arse meeting all these new people in a short space of time, he could only hope that the drowned god would give him a break soon. [/SIZE]"Nay I don't believe we have... Well met Lord Austen, I have heard many things of you." [SIZE= 12px]He didn't specify what those things were of course, although he didn't necessarily have to as folk tended to take that positive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@Savagai @TheFordee14[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]Victarion Greyjoy (Past)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion shook his head at the man, he was a fool for doing such a reckless act.  If anyone else had caught him doing this then no doubt he would have lost the hand that plucked the poppy from the soil.  He spoke of a friend who let them into the Red Keep...  The fact someone was smuggling people into the red keep was warrant to continue questioning enough but Victarion still had his suspicions on the nature of this petty thiefs character.  It was just a gut feeling but the man seemed almost dishonest but he was unable to pin point in what exactly he was dishonest about. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]"You have my word I will not punish you or your friends... Now you best get out of here before anyone else sees you, I doubt you will receive the same kindness from them." [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]He turned his back to the flower thief, waiting for him to disperse behind his back so perhaps he could be dishonest with himself about letting a criminal escape freely.[/SIZE]

@SleepyBuddha

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor Velaryon[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The Red Keep, King’s Landing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Bowing courteously at Lord Tibers greeting, Laenor’s eyes once again found themselves upon the Lord of Casterly Rock, emulating the timid affability that was largely present upon the rest of his face. He wasn’t as familiar with the man as he would have liked to be, though like every well learned young lad born into the aristocracy of Westeros he knew his name, arms, titles and everything that those things represented. The Lannisters were possibly the second most powerful family on the continent, and undoubtedly the richest, and it was somewhat of a boosting experience for their patriarch to be talking to him like a friend, or even an equal even if he knew that there families had been in dealings for a very long time. It was odd for Laenor to consider himself to be someone of importance, even knowing that he himself was descended from royalty, and his time spent in Pentos and subsequently the stepstones had given him a certain degree of separation from his family and the influence that they wielded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Many thanks, my Lord, I assure you had the calling been less even a tad less important then he would not have missed this occasion. Lannister hospitality is spoken of highly in the halls of Driftmark.” Laenor nodded as his sister spoke, a smile forming upon his lips, and not entirely out of necessity, he recalled the ancient halls of Casterly from the tourney all those months ago, and the bountiful treasures that lied within, were Tiber from a lesser family he would have feared that he was a little too open handed with his money, though whether the Lannister gold mines would ever grow dry the seven only knew. “And you as well Lord Edwyn, Lannisport is regarded just as highly as Casterly Rock in our father’s eyes, if not slightly more so.” From the corner of his eyes Laenor could already see the good natured grin upon the face of his twin, she had grown a lot in his absence and were if not for the striking similarities they shared in terms of appearance he would be skeptical that this was the same sister who had been reduced to tears years ago when he first announced his ambitions to remain with his father’s fleet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“I can do nothing but echo my sister’s sentiments my Lords,” Laenor said at last, grateful that Laena had been able to get him through the courtesy without too much struggle. His smile was one of sincerity, even if it was a bit uneasy and he could feel a slight tension fade from his body as he realised that perhaps this dinner party would not be as tedious as it had been advertised.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]As they were bid the Velaryon twins moved further into the hall, their eyes scanning for available seats, it seemed that they were not the only ones who would be experiencing the boon of Lord Tiber’s company for were there any more people around the table and the room may have buckled from the weight, not that Laenor minded. The Lannister family was large though no less friendly and it seemed that they took a great deal of interest in their guests for as he looked up he could almost feel the eyes upon him, not those of scorn or pity, but interest and joy, and he felt a bit safer in the room than outside it (though that could also be attributed to the veritable army that the Lannisters had hired in protection)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]His violet eyes scanned the room in search of someone he recognised, meeting many an emerald gaze. Martyn Lannister was once such recognizable presence and Laenor almost gestured to see if his surrounding seats were taken, before his sister pulled down upon his arm, her face taking on a reddish tinge. Instead they decided to sit in a further location, occupying the first set of available chairs within their general proximity, they plush and comfy and provided a clear view of almost everyone around the table, though their positioning was a bit too exposed for Laenor’s comfort.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“That’s cousin Lewyn over there,” Laena whispered into his ear as they sat down, apparently adamant upon ensuring that her brother was up to date upon the details of court. “You see him, talking with Lady Celena. I wonder what it is that they could possibly be discussing, Cela=ena Lannister has been unwed for a time now and I do wonder if Ser Lewyn is looking to find himself a wife...” Laenor knew what game she was playing and he’d prefer to have no part in it, Laena had been meddling with his love life since the day she first learned what love was, and it seemed that time had not been enough to mellow her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“What a coincidence sweet sister, for you seem short a husband.” Laenor quipped, unable to stop himself from giving the occasional glance to where the lionesses were sat, talking and giggling about gods now what. “Perhaps you should go and speak to him.” He pulled his gloves firmer around his arms as he began to eat, wielding his knife with all the precision of the wild boar impaled upon it. “Though I must admit the Dornish climate would not suit you.” [/SIZE]

@WanderingJester @Akio @Greenbriar

Rosyn Lannister

The Lion's Supper, The Red Keep

Another ripple of laughter, quickly suppressed. While she found the Lion Maid's maidenlike confusion utterly charming - especially considering her usual perfect composure - she was one of the family and Rosyn wouldn't see her dismayed in front of the dashing knight whose regard meant oh, so much to her. Deftly leaning across to occlude her beet-red features, the Lady of the Rivers dipped her cloth into a water jug and gave Celena a few seconds with the cooling cloth passing over her cheeks. Thankfully none of the Lionesses used (or needed) much in the way of makeup, just a touch of colour on their lips at most so there was naught to wipe away and once her composure seemed somewhat restored Rosyn returned to her seat, retrieving the roll she'd ostensibly been reaching for. "Remember Celly," she murmured, her lips barely moving. "The last time he saw you he thought you were the most beautiful woman in the world. He's not liable to think ill of you now." She dimpled at her friend, gave her a subtly encouraging elbow to the ribs to shake her from her bemusement and leaned in close to her ear to murmur, "Even if you can't quite quench your rosy hue, he's still going to see you as the most beautiful tomato in the world - and while he's staring at you he's not going to be looking at anyone else!" 

She turned away to pointedly pay no attention to the overdue meeting that was years in the making, and saw the handsome Ser Lewyn descending upon them from the other side. Naturally. This was no bard's tale with plenty of room for narrative in its verse; in real life, everything had a way of happening at once and she spared no time in rallying her troops in the short seconds before the Dornish knight grew close enough to hear an urgent whisper. Somehow when he arrived there just happened to be a space on the seating between Rosyn and Carysee, while another of the cousins paused behind Rosyn at just the right moment to shield Celena from his view. Of course, whether the Lion Maid was even aware of Lewyn's presence was another matter entirely. She had a lot on her mind just now, and Rosyn was determined that she have the space she needed to work it out.

"Ser Lewyn!" she greeted him, her lips curving in a dazzling smile. "You're so good to join us again so soon. Truly 'tis said that though the Tyrells have their gardens, there are finer sights by far to be seen in the sunny south." He really was attractive. She could see why her sister was so mesmerized by him, and she motioned to the spot that had mysteriously opened between them. "Won't you take a seat? We should be only too pleased to dine with you, shouldn't we Cary?" Her pale blue eyes sparkled with inner feeling and stayed on his as though unwilling to let him slip past without response. Or just eager for his company.

After all, he was very attractive.

@Akio @WanderingJester @Hypnos

< >   < >   < >

Gregor Rowan

The Prince's Parlour, The Red Keep

"A fine choice," Gregor echoed, though a little dubiously. He wasn't eager to gainsay a Prince, but his brief tastes of ale as a stripling lad hadn't enamoured him of the stuff. Settling himself into the broad carved armchair Aelyx indicated, he waited until the Targaryen sat and drank before taking a judicious sip himself. Surprisingly it wasn't at all bad - either the Northerners had a gift for brewing that they'd yet to share, or his tastes had matured with age. He smiled at the thought, then took another sip before leaning toward the silver-gold haired man with an utter lack of surprise in his features.

"Ah yes, those letters. In truth my Prince, I've received a few interesting letters of late - but I've ever kept yours in the forefront of my mind." He paused, eyeing the younger man with a speculative probing glance. "I am gratified to meet you at last. These discussions are usually better had face to face than trusting to whichever child proves the most convenient messenger." And the Webber chit at that! At least she hadn't gotten her hands on any material of substance. "I trust that the situation remains unchanged, or are there new elements to be considered?"

Circumspection came as naturally as breathing to Lord Gregor. But then politics wasn't purely the province of princes.

@ArisenMoon

Jon smiled at the two women. He looked at Talia and grinned "If you say so my Lady" he said obviously not believing in that smile. Though her smile was good enough to deceive common people, Jon was a master at reading people's expressions and so he knew that she truly want him to go. He was going to anyways. He had not interest in talking with people whose ambitions were getting to bed with every cute person they could find. He smiled at Nymeria happy that she wasn't angry at his family. However she still wanted him to do a favor for her "Alright my princess and what would that favor be?" he asked but adding "It is not that I don't trust you" he didn't "But I just like to know what the future has for me" he smiled kindly at her.

She touched his chin. If it was someone of a lower rank he would have slapped the hand but since it was the Princess of Dorne, he let her do it. He smiled at the young woman and said "I should be the one thanking my princess" he said bowing to both girls. "Have a rest of a "nice afternoon" my lady and my princess" he said with a little smile and a wink. He then turned around and walked away.

@SuperSpice  @Akio

Talia Bolton

Talia hoped that her rather well practiced smile had convince Jon Ashwood, as he turned and walked away. Sometimes the people you knew the least were the most dangerous, take Petyr Baelish for example who engineered the War of the Five Kings, it was a scary thought for Talia. As Jon walked off she turned back to Nymeria, smiling flirtaciously at her "So where were we my Princess?" She asked moving closer to Nymeria, grabbing her hand as she put it on her chest and then squeezed. Talia had; had alot of experience with whores and men and she knew how to excite people.

@Akio (Mentioned: @JPTheWarrior)

Celena Lannister

Lady Celena Lannister nodded in thanks, grabbing the offered napkin and dabbing her face with it, lessening her blushes.

Rosyn was truly one of the family, the Lion Maid thought as she looked to Rosyn.  "Yes, you're right as usual Rosy.  I'm overreacting here like Cary likes to do," she replied with a smile, while Carysee stuck her tongue out at her discretely.  The Lion Maid took a breath and looked to Laenor, before realizing that he seemed to not notice her at all.  A slight frown crept to her face, but she redirected her attention to her plate, and the contents on it.  Laenor, just from politeness, would have to come and greet them eventually, and her with it.  Until then, she would be patient, like her mother and septa taught her, rather than give into her urge to wave him over like some whore looking for her next meal money.  Celena would have a husband and no less, unlike some other "ladies" of the court she had heard and known about.  With that, she focused on eating and drinking, not even noticing that someone had sat down between Carysee and Rosyn, as there was a blockage to her line of sight nonetheless in regard to her cousin.

Meanwhile, Carysee nodded to Rosyn's words.  "Quite!  Please join us Prince Lewyn," she said as she batted her eyebrows, gesturing to the seat between them.  The other Lannister looked expectantly at the Martell warrior and continued.  "I had hoped that you've had some time to think about Celly's earlier proposal?  Or have you decided to not partake in the tourney's events this year?  I know several ladies who would be disappointed if you didn't, as well as other warriors who would want to test their skills against you."  Further down the table, the atmosphere seemed much more downcast than the rest of the sitting.  Uncle Tyrik had barely spoken a word to anyone, looking as surely as ever, while his wife tolerated him from the side.  Uncle Arnol had traded a few words with Martyn, but given the Mountain Lion's disposition to casual talks, it only lasted a few moment.  However, they did manage to find the common ground of being knights and fighters both, and so Arnol now went into one of his old war stories while Martyn paid half attention to him.

@Hypnos

@Akio

@ArisenMoon

@JustJazzy

@Greenbriar

Talia Bolton

Talia hoped that her rather well practiced smile had convince Jon Ashwood, as he turned and walked away. Sometimes the people you knew the least were the most dangerous, take Petyr Baelish for example who engineered the War of the Five Kings, it was a scary thought for Talia. As Jon walked off she turned back to Nymeria, smiling flirtaciously at her "So where were we my Princess?" She asked moving closer to Nymeria, grabbing her hand as she put it on her chest and then squeezed. Talia had; had alot of experience with whores and men and she knew how to excite people.

@Akio (Mentioned: @JPTheWarrior)

After Jon started to leave Nymeria turned her smile back to Talia, who she noticed smiling flirtatiously at her which she returned back easily, giggling as Talia used her hand to touch herself a bit. "Now now, save your lust for the bedroom, we've already been interrupted once and it would be anti climatic if it happened again." She said glancing around and then grabbing her hand. "Well lets go then!" She said taking her and running off to her chambers (fade to black as we all know whats about to happen)

Rosyn Lannister

The Lion's Supper, The Red Keep

Another ripple of laughter, quickly suppressed. While she found the Lion Maid's maidenlike confusion utterly charming - especially considering her usual perfect composure - she was one of the family and Rosyn wouldn't see her dismayed in front of the dashing knight whose regard meant oh, so much to her. Deftly leaning across to occlude her beet-red features, the Lady of the Rivers dipped her cloth into a water jug and gave Celena a few seconds with the cooling cloth passing over her cheeks. Thankfully none of the Lionesses used (or needed) much in the way of makeup, just a touch of colour on their lips at most so there was naught to wipe away and once her composure seemed somewhat restored Rosyn returned to her seat, retrieving the roll she'd ostensibly been reaching for. "Remember Celly," she murmured, her lips barely moving. "The last time he saw you he thought you were the most beautiful woman in the world. He's not liable to think ill of you now." She dimpled at her friend, gave her a subtly encouraging elbow to the ribs to shake her from her bemusement and leaned in close to her ear to murmur, "Even if you can't quite quench your rosy hue, he's still going to see you as the most beautiful tomato in the world - and while he's staring at you he's not going to be looking at anyone else!" 

She turned away to pointedly pay no attention to the overdue meeting that was years in the making, and saw the handsome Ser Lewyn descending upon them from the other side. Naturally. This was no bard's tale with plenty of room for narrative in its verse; in real life, everything had a way of happening at once and she spared no time in rallying her troops in the short seconds before the Dornish knight grew close enough to hear an urgent whisper. Somehow when he arrived there just happened to be a space on the seating between Rosyn and Carysee, while another of the cousins paused behind Rosyn at just the right moment to shield Celena from his view. Of course, whether the Lion Maid was even aware of Lewyn's presence was another matter entirely. She had a lot on her mind just now, and Rosyn was determined that she have the space she needed to work it out.

"Ser Lewyn!" she greeted him, her lips curving in a dazzling smile. "You're so good to join us again so soon. Truly 'tis said that though the Tyrells have their gardens, there are finer sights by far to be seen in the sunny south." He really was attractive. She could see why her sister was so mesmerized by him, and she motioned to the spot that had mysteriously opened between them. "Won't you take a seat? We should be only too pleased to dine with you, shouldn't we Cary?" Her pale blue eyes sparkled with inner feeling and stayed on his as though unwilling to let him slip past without response. Or just eager for his company.

After all, he was very attractive.

@Akio @WanderingJester@Hypnos

As Lewyn approached Celena suddenly he found things happening in rapid secession. He arrived only to have one of the cousins suddenly standing between him and Celena and a suddenly conveniently open or in this case very inconveniently open spot suddenly appeared between Carysee and Rosyn from where he was sure the Lannister cousin was sitting just moments ago as with deft precision that made him slightly amazed at the coordination of a bunch of woman that would make Dallen his military commander would half to raise an eyebrow at the ease of movement of it all. As soon as he heard Rosyns voice he knew he wouldn't be allowed to leave easily and with an incredulous thought realized that Celenas own family was seemingly working against him which all in all only made him feel more depressed. How much more would he have to go through just to be able to talk to her if her own family was getting in his way.

"You are too kind, lady Rosyn." He said reluctantly turning his gaze to her for the first time since they really left. They had met briefly but he knew her mostly by reputation and also knew that she had been married once apon a time but her husband and brother fell in battle in the same battle where the seven kingdoms lost the lord commander of the kingsguard due to a surprise pirate raid. Despite already being married and widowed she was only 20 years of age and still young and beautiful yet he couldn't feel more disgruntled meeting her at the moment knowing she was playing a part in trapping him. Knowing he would not simply be able to shove past him he grudgingly sat down between them, knowing he had been cornered as he tried to see past Rosyn at he sat down to see Celena and see if she was still looking at Laenor. "Dorne is indeed beautiful in its own way, even the deserts, and the Water Gardens can easily match any of the legendary Tyrell fields for the desert blooms in the Water gardens." He said as he reached for the nearest drink, feeling as if he may need some as this night went on if it continued like this.

Once Carysee vied for his attention, the first words out of her mouth on whether he had any time to think about Celenas proposal as if it wasn't the only thing he had been thinking about since their little gathering had opened up. He had already decided what he was gonna say since he left conference with his mother and in the end had decided that there was no way around the situation without accepting her favor if he didn't want to hurt Celenas cousin and possibly offend her and make things uncomfortable by refusing her cousin in for her own favor when she wanted someone else. "Yes... I did think about it.. And I decided ill accept your favor for the melee and be honored to wear it." In truth, he felt a bit resigned but didn't feel like there was anything else he could say without hurting anyone so he had made his decision.

Ser Albert Lannister

Small Council Meeting

With all his previous duties done, Ser Albert had one thing left to do. It was the small council meeting Lord Velaryon informed him ealier. He made his way through the Red Keep, glad to see the sentries and guards he posted were doing their job. With each knight he passed,  he could hear a salute, acknowledging his position as Lord Commander.

It didn't take him long to reach the doors of the Small Council's headquarters. Two large doors that gave way to a small, old room, filled with curious antiquities and relics of the past. Ser Albert wasn't able to understand why it was left that way, or why no one bothered to take what he thought was useless out. Then again, it added a sort of regal and respectable charm to the place. Who was he to complain? The room has been there longer than he was.

What greeted him as he pushed the doors open and entered was something peculiar to him. He was clearly familiar with the other people in the room, but the other man was someone he just heard about. This man was Vickon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Isles. It took a while for Ser Albert to process things but he immediately figured it out. There was a vacant spot in the Small Council and it seemed that it was just recently given to this man.

"Your Grace. Lord Velaryon." He greeted Prince Jaehaerys and Lord Velaryon, giving a nod to each of them. His eyes drifted to the only woman in the room. "Lady Miranda." he greeted with a smile and nod.

"Ah, Master of Ships, I presume?" he said as he looked to Lord Velaryon, trying to confirm his guess as to why the Ironborn was there. He slowly walked towards his designated seat.

Ser Albert found it strange to be working with Ironborn, given his years fighting their ilk during his time in Lannisport. Some could say his career was consisted of killing Ironborn, pirates, and assassins. It's the very same reason he stood a chance against the Dread Pirate, when so many formidable fighters easily fell by his sword. Still, he wasn't close to the possibility of working with an Ironborn. If anything, it might be a refreshing experience to have someone who has a different perspective of things.

@Greenbriar @Hypnos @Lancelot @TheTraveller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ser Wilhelm Lannister and Lady Miranda Lannister

Lannister Dinner

"What's the matter, my love?" said a soft and gentle voice as her hand reached for his.

Immediately Wilhelm's thoughts snapped back to what was actually happening. He was in a small, for Lannister standards, dinner. It almost felt like a precursor celebration to what was a bigger occasion that was coming. Still, Wilhelm wasn't the festive type and merely joined out of duty and respect. He wasn't known exactly to be the jovial and festive man. If anything, that would more aptly describe his brother, rather than him. He looked to his wife, a fair woman with golden hair, a gentle woman with kind heart. Her red dress lined with the color gold. The Lannister colors suited her well. Wilhelm couldn't imagine life without Lady Miranda Lannister now.

"It's nothing, darling. You know how I am at these celebrations." he said in a low voice, whispering to her and trying to avoid other people's attention, especially his father who was seated beside him. Slowly his eyes drifted from his plate to his son, who was seated at a nearby table where all the children were. He just gave his boy a smile as the boy smiled back at him. Patrik continued to eat quietly, showing he was a well-mannered boy taught properly by his parents.

It wasn't like he didn't like being around family. Wilhelm just wasn't fond of these formal gatherings. He always felt that there were much more important things to do. Still, if it meant pleasing his father, he'd gladly oblige and not say a word. To avoid any trouble, Wilhelm just decided to only talk, when talked to.

@WanderingJester

Rae had never particularly enjoyed feeling vulnerable, and now pinned beneath the Prince, listening to his slick words she felt a sort of panic. The gravity of he situation had suddenly occurred to her. She was alone in a situation beyond her control with an almost complete stranger. Of course she knew who the man above her was but not with any sort of intimacy and not nearly enough to justify their current position. She comforted herself with the knowledge that one of her guards stood outside, no doubt uncomfortable in the presence of his Royal counterparts, but present none the less. Still there would be very little she could do if the Prince ordered his guards to slit the Northman's throat. Her concern was only augmented by the Prince's sudden possessive nature. She was once again struck with the epiphany that she hardly knew the man on top of her, and the Targaryans were not a family famed for heir sanity. Despite this internal panic she remained focused, defiant in he face of her own fear, outright refusing to allow it to flourish. Instead she decided she would play the Prince's little game, letting him gain a glimpse of his fantasy. "Because keeping a she-wolf in Southern chains has never come back to bite anyone in the ass." She replied with a short laugh, referencing her relatives from long ago. "Though if that's what you are into your Highness I won't judge" She responded with a smirk.

Before anymore could be said the guard burst through the door delivering his message, allowing Rae a quiet breath of relief as the Prince returned to his feet. Rae herself sat up as he responded, trying her best to recover her tattered dress. She listened carefully to be Prince's words somewhat excited by the idea Lannister dinner. It would allow her to do some recon. While she had promised her brother that she would conduct no mischief in the Capital she would serve up some justice. Whilst Frostbite, previously named 'Widow's wail', had been returned to he North decades ago, it was only half of what they were owed. Only half of their ancestral blade, Ice. The rest of the Northern steel still sat in Lannister hands in the form of Oath keeper. The name itself was an insult to the North, stolen and then used to execute Eddard Stark himself, ironically breaking the Bastard King Joffrey's Oath of setting him free. When Rae had first been educated on the history of he blade at the tender age of 6, she was outraged that no war had been fought for it's retrieval, no reparations made other that an apology with questionable sincerity. The years since had done nothing to temper her rage. Now that the grip of the sword was in reach, Rae knew what had to be done.

Diverging from her determination momentarily, Rae answered the Prince's request, though countered with her own. "I'm afraid I've decided against the melee, though I'd happily accept the dinner invite your highness, and your offer of a new dress. Though I'd prefer to freshen up and change in my own quarters, after all without my hand maiden's who would help me wash away he sweat of battle? You? hardly a job for Royalty." Rae teased, a following laugh forcing him into agreement. She called out to her guard who looked anxiously into he room, raising a curious brow at the sight of her, sitting on the floor in a tattered dress. Thankfully he still donned a light Northern cloak which he handed to Rae after helping her to her feet. "I'll be waiting in my quarters for that dress you promised me your highness." She spoke, almost smugly. With Those words she left the room with small sensual steps, wrapping the cloak around her like to large blanket.

Once in the hallway and out of earshot, Rae let out a staggered sight and reached out of grab the arm of the guard beside her. "Not a word of his to my brother, or anyone for that matter." She ordered in a hushed tone.

"But m'lady... I swore fealty t-" The man began to speak before Rae cut him of with short, sharp words.

"It could mean war. Besides unless he explicitly asks you, you are under no obligation to say anything." She pointed out with a sly smile as the two approached her quarters. She knew she was playing with fire, in this case, Dragon fire.

@Akio

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor Velaryon[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The Red Keep, King’s Landing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Balancing a silvery goblet between his ring finger and thumb, Laenor ignored the pointed glares that his sister was giving him, fixating himself instead upon the contents of his plate and the food that Lord Lannister had so kindly provided. It was not out of character for Laena to stick her nose where it didn’t belong, though it seemed that their separation had only served to rekindle her desire to see him wed, and whilst he knew deep down all she wanted was to see him settled down back at Driftmark, so as to reunite their family, it still infuriated him slightly when she meddled with affairs that need not concern her, especially since she herself remained also unmarried, a fact, that she often seemed to forget. It was not that Laenor had not thought about the prospect of marriage, and in his younger years he had often fantasised about the day that he would be married to a beautiful young woman and begin the process of founding a new generation of House Velaryon, but much like everything else in his life, those fantasies were stolen by age, and only once in his adult life had Laenor ever truly considered putting down the blade and pursuing a more courtly lifestyle. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Perhaps the Dornish air is just the thing I need, though I don’t think father would be best pleased. I have heard nothing from him regarding Dorne but criticism as of late.” It was clear that Laena was not really considering such a match, yet she humoured the notion nevertheless, perhaps a silent commentary on his own unwillingness to open up about such matters. “What about you dear brother? I hear Ser Lewyn’s cousin is set to inherit Dorne upon Prince Cayden’s death and if the bard sing true then she’s quite the exotic beauty.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor shook his head, he would never speak ill of anyone whom he didn’t know but if half the songs about Nymeria Martell held true then pursuing a match with her would be walking upon well trodden earth. “It is beyond me why you have such a fascination with my marital status, I cannot recall a time when you weren’t scouting possible brides. When we were six you tried to set me up with the cobbler’s daughter, if you so recall, and when we were eight it was Lord Celtigar’s girl, I can even remember a time when we were ten when you were convinced that I would be the perfect match for that Essosi girl father was fostering.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“And then when we were twelve you abandoned me across the Narrow Sea, yes I remember it quite well.” Laena finally snapped, her voice lowered so as not create a scene. “You have my sincerest apologies for taking an interest in the lives of my family. You talk as if I have been the driving force behind all of your romantic attachments, yet it was not me who decided to enter into a tourney half way across the continent despite having only rarely given the same thought into visiting home once or twice, nor was it me who put that laurel upon Lady Celena’s head. I saw that stupid grin upon you face as you rode your horse up to the high stands, am I to assume it was all out of courtesy?” She wasn’t wrong though that did little to calm Laenor’s temperament, he loved his sister dearly and he shared with her all of his fondest memories yet she had a way of vexing him that even a thousand pirates couldn’t match. “When you finally decide to mature enough to admit your feelings to a woman will be the day that I’m as rich as Tiber Lannister.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor opened his mouth to speak but swiftly closed it once more, a half smile forming upon his lips. “You’re right of course sweet sister, I should not be so unfair upon you, you have always done what is best for our family, or at least from your point of view.” Laena raised an eyebrow in questioning skepticism, quite unsure where this apparent compliment was heading. “But you’re also wrong as well.” He stood up, moving slowly so as not to disturb the table’s other inhabitants.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“What are you doing?” Laena asked incredulously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Making you as rich as Tiber Lannister.” Laenor did not turn to see her face, moving instead towards the small group of women that were sat together upon the edge of the table, beelining for Celena Lannister, ‘perhaps it is time to make real a fantasy’ Laenor mused ‘that or be horribly rejected.’ “Excuse me my Lady, my apologise for disturbing you, but I fear that a year is too long a time to go without introducing myself to the woman who I crowned the most beautiful Lady in Westeros. Laenor.” He bowed, with a smile. “Laenor Velaryon.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]@WanderingJester @Akio @Greenbriar[/SIZE]

Celena Lannister

Lady Celena Lannister nearly choked as she heard Laenor address her from behind; of course she gave no visible indicator that it happened.

Instead, the Lion Maid swallowed the bite forcefully, before taking her napkin and dabbing her mouth with it.  After she took her time to make sure no scraps of food remained on her face, she turned around, doing her best to ignoring the smiling faces of her cousins that weren't busy entertaining Lewyn, and stared at the scarred, yet gritty handsome face of the knight that had crowned her.  Celena's eyes widen oh so subtly, and fought the urge to run her hand along the new scar on Laenor's face, to nurse him back to full health after his battles in the Stepstones.  She opened her mouth, only to find that her words failed her as her breath fled her lungs, seeing the object of her feelings in front of her, as though stepping out of a dream.  However, the Lion Maid composed herself and thanked the Mother for the lessening of color on her cheeks; she could pass it up as the slight coloring of her face that so many ladies use to enhance their skin tone.  Ironic that she seemed composed staring at the very person who caused her face to flare up just by mere thoughts of him.

Closing her mouth as Celena pretended to find the appropriate way to greet him, and still ignoring the quiet clapping of her overly excited and slightly annoying cousins, she held out her hand to him.  "How could I forget Ser Laenor?  I must admit that when I heard that you were leaving to the Stepstones, I had found myself sadden by the loss of opportunity to get to know you better.  After all, I barely had the chance to thank you for the honors when the tourney ended.  How fared your journey across the Narrow Seas?  I hope that the times you've been away had not been too taxing?"  From the side, Caylee, Dyanne, Mileena and even Adelynne looked on with an intense but quiet interest, hoping to see just how this meeting would turn out.

@Hypnos

@Akio

@Greenbriar

@Red

@ArisenMoon

Talia Bolton (On my phone so bear with me!)

Talia left Nymeria's room, closing the two large wooden doors behind her. As she turned to walk off she noticed that Ronald Locke, the captain of the Bolton guard and the four men that were guarding her earlier were waiting for her, even though she had dismissed them earlier. "Ronald" She said, fanning herself with her hand in surprise although this was mostly an act. "My lady" he replied, bowing to Talia but failing to mention why he had come back to guard her. "What are you doing here?" She asked, still acting flustered. "You're father ordered me to protect you" He said with a sense of seriousness in his voice, Talia opened her mouth to protest but Ronald spoke over her "And I take my orders from your father" the captain added. Talia was now truly shocked that Ronald beat her in a game of words, what was happening to her? Talia courtseyed "Thank you for you're service Ronald" she said simply before turning and walking down the hall once more, followed closely by her escort.

(Open)

Gregor Rowan

The Prince's Parlour, The Red Keep

"A fine choice," Gregor echoed, though a little dubiously. He wasn't eager to gainsay a Prince, but his brief tastes of ale as a stripling lad hadn't enamoured him of the stuff. Settling himself into the broad carved armchair Aelyx indicated, he waited until the Targaryen sat and drank before taking a judicious sip himself. Surprisingly it wasn't at all bad - either the Northerners had a gift for brewing that they'd yet to share, or his tastes had matured with age. He smiled at the thought, then took another sip before leaning toward the silver-gold haired man with an utter lack of surprise in his features.

"Ah yes, those letters. In truth my Prince, I've received a few interesting letters of late - but I've ever kept yours in the forefront of my mind." He paused, eyeing the younger man with a speculative probing glance. "I am gratified to meet you at last. These discussions are usually better had face to face than trusting to whichever child proves the most convenient messenger." And the Webber chit at that! At least she hadn't gotten her hands on any material of substance. "I trust that the situation remains unchanged, or are there new elements to be considered?"

Circumspection came as naturally as breathing to Lord Gregor. But then politics wasn't purely the province of princes.

@ArisenMoon

Aelyx Targaryen

Shaking his head, Aelyx took another drink from his cup, before placing it on a small table between the two men. "The issue remains unchanged. The Tyrell's did not seem to understand or wish to go with it, therefore, the plan will proceed unchanged. The only difference in our planning will be a timing issue now, it all becomes a issue of timing." Leaning back in the chair, Aelyx took a few moments the breath, before proceeding.

"You will get what is promised to House Rowan, my lord, you have my word on that. Once the time has come, I will send word to you, and then, we will begin."

@Greenbriar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back