OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took Arin longer than he had expected to get back to the gardens. He needed to make sure to avoid as many guards as possible as he made his way to the gardens. Since Arin made the move to announce himself to the hand and even snuck into the Red Keep he wanted to make sure that he made as little waves in the keep as possible. Too much attention could end up with him in jail or worse. He would lay low within the Keep, try to catch some of the wedding, but first he needed to get that poppy for his study. 

As Arin walked into the gardens he made sure to look around in the garden. Though he could see a few people he figured if he moved quickly enough he could get the poppy and transplant it into the Guild's garden. Taking a deep breath Arin walked very quickly through the garden going straight to the poppy. Brandishing a small dagger and very quickly with deft hands the Wisdom cut the poppy, roots and all, out of the garden and into one of the many pockets on him.

Arin put his dagger away and moved some soil around the in garden so that it wouldn't be obvious that someone was rooting around in the garden.

(Open to anyone in the garden or who would see him.)

Talia Bolton

"No, my lord, i do not with to give you that impression" Talia replied smiling at Jon Ashwood although it was a completely false smile she had become quite good at it, infact she really did want him to leave but it was courtesy to not tell him that directly. Talia did not care much for small lords and this Jon Ashwood was not even a lord but the brother of a small lord, she couldnt see what benefit interacting with him would have. Nymeria on the other hand was a princess of Dorne, a very valuable ally in Westeros and a fun play thing too. Talia smiled again, daydreaming a little at the thought of what Nymeria and herself would get up to after Jon Ashwood left.

@JPTheWarrior @Akio

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosyn Lannister

The Lions' Supper, The Red Keep

While she had kept up her correspondence with her sisters-in-law and the rest of her Westerlands family, she had not met them face-to-face since Ser Lyman's funeral. Certainly she had met with them earlier in front of the Sept of Baelor, but she scarcely remembered a word they'd spoken there - she trusted she'd kept up appearances, but all she could think the whole time had been times they'd shared as a larger family. Her lord was gone now, but never forgotten. These days she had mostly come to terms with her loss; she had friends to lean on when need be, and she'd found an inner strength she had never expected to need growing up. Doubtless this would be of use to assist her in guiding her young son in the years ahead, but sometimes she wondered if she would be equal to the task alone. 

This evening she wore a vee-necked gown wrought of jade green and cloth of gold, complementing her golden-brown tresses and necklace of linked golden lions heads and fishes. Her pale blue eyes had been focused on the golden-crusted bread that she sliced apart with a Maester's precision, but at Celena's advice Rosyn turned and gave her cousin a tiny whimsical smile. "Thank you Celly; I will." She reached across her cousin's front to hook a slice of the bird onto her eating knife, retrieving it deftly so that none of the sauce dripped on another plate. She sliced off a corner and lifted it with her fork, then paused and smiled artlessly. "Tell me Celly, is it true what I've heard? That Ser Laenor won't be joining us at the royal tournament?" Without looking at her (or projecting her voice any further than the maiden beside her) she sank pearly white teeth into the meat and made an appreciative sound.

Delicious!

@WanderingJester

< >   < >   < >   < >   < >

Jaehaerys Targaryen

The Small Council, The Red Keep

Despite the tardy notice he had received of the Small Council meeting, Jaehaerys had still been the first councilor to arrive. It wasn't the first time this had happened, and after waiting for a few moments he'd made a quick trip up to his quarters and retrieved the papers he'd been working on. By the time the Hand arrived he was well into them, and waved one hand vaguely in acknowledgement. Most of these documents were relevant to the meeting, and he had the summary of them here as well. Somewhere. He finished reviewing the document immediately before him and initialed it, then rose with a graceful bow for his Uncle. "My Lord Hand! How fare the Realm's best and brightest?" In some of their meetings in the months before, Lord Velaryon had been most verbose in his opinion of all the Lords and Ladies likely to gather for Aegon's wedding. Most verbose, and frequently sulfurous. If Aemma was the little voice at one ear urging him to greater socializing, Aenar's pithy observations made it hard to view some nobility with anything above contempt. "Have there been any violent confrontations in the Keep over a mere 'misunderstanding' yet today?"

That was when the Greyjoy greeted him, and he abruptly became entirely serious; greeting the Lord with a flash of his purple eyes and a wry humour. "My Lord; have the Iron Fleet seized King's Landing at last, or dare I hope my Lord Hand has finally appointed a replacement Master of Ships?" He hadn't met Vickon Greyjoy before today, but there were few men who could match his stature. He wasn't the most popular choice for Master of Ships out there, but then unlike some of his rivals for the role he was undeniably a seaman. It might be novel to have some expertise in that seat. "Welcome to King's Landing my Lord Greyjoy, it is an honour." He wasn't entirely sure he welcomed the addition of the Greyjoys to the inevitable politics of the Council chamber, but then he wasn't sure he opposed it either. The ironborn had a reputation for direct dealing after all. He glanced around the chamber, and arched one silver-gold brow. "Are we expecting Mistress Danton, the Lord Commander  - or Father, today?" He doubted it.

But they did have lots of pressing business to address before the wedding began.

@Hypnos @Lancelot @Red @TheTraveller

Celena Lannister

Red Keep, King's Landing, The Crownlands.

Lady Celena Lannister smiled as she leaned back so that Rosyn could get to the pheasant, before accepting some of the roasted boar from her cousin.

Hard to believed that a beast like this ended the life of one of the strongest knights of legend, Celena thought as she listened to Rosyn, forking a bit into her mouth and chewing.  When she mentioned Ser Laenor, Celena's eyes grew a bit sad.  The Velaryon had just finished crowning her at the last tourney before spiriting away to fight in those dreadful wars over at the Stepstones.  In truth Celena didn't even know if the Velaryon knight still lived or what condition he was now in.  Still, she held out hope that the Warrior would keep him safe, and shook her head.  "Nay, it seemed that duty continue to keeps him from the realm and home.  Even for a happy occasion like this."  Despite the merry setting, she sighed.  Seeing this, Mileena placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Aw Celly, don't be sad, I'm sure he'll be return from his duties soon to you."  At that, Carysee giggled beside her while Dyanne smiled gently at the Lion Maid.

"It's cute that you worry about him already Celly.  Alas, I'm afraid with Laenor being the warrior that he is, you might have to do so more often in the future."  Celena looked between her cousins, eyes alarmed and face reddening.

"I- it's not- I'm just-."  With that, her eyes shot back down to her plate, and she mumbled, "the boar's quite good as well."  With that, the other girls giggled as Celena looked torn between embarrassment, sadness and frustration.

@Greenbriar

Miranda 
Mistress of Whispers

Going back to the council chamber, Miranda took the quickest detour she knew in the hopes of no one would talk or disturb her again for that particular time. She already got too much of a surprise... or a cause of annoyance that morning and she doesn't want any of it, people talking to her, thinking that they could gather a bit of information by intimidation and lies. She vowed that the next person who will ask if they could have a moment with her before the council starts will be having a wine with the strangler in it. Thankfully, she didn't see anyone at all.

Approaching the wooden doors of the Hand's chamber, she lightly knocked a couple of times before twisting the knob and push the door wide open. The small council. Miranda never even thought that she was going to be a member of it. She never aspired to take on a political route much less be involved with it. There she was, just telling the Crown what she heard on men and women during her job and her exploits all over the realm thinking that maybe the Crown can value upon it. That maybe they could use her information if they finally wanted to strike the opponents and threats down. She was just telling what she learned, and the next thing she knows, she was offered a sit on the King's council. 

Her position wasn't as intricate as the Hand's or the Master of Coins, she wasn't working in the internal affairs for the Crown like them but rather to the hidden ones. She sees her role as vital as the Lord Commander's for she also deals with threats, the Crown's safety, and among other things. In fact she sees some similarities between her job and the Lord Commander. For one, she's straining her body physically but not from fighting. She has also a very dangerous and lethal weapon that can make someone submit to her. Her mind must be always present during her job. The only difference is she was having fun while the guards under the Lord Commander's order is tediously taking shifts to protect the realm.

Two of the council members are already present, and a surprisingly new addition. A Greyjoy no less for the vacant position. She knew that the man was never there for some socializing event, it wasn't the time and she knew the Hand isn't the most sociable person ever. Ironborn.  Miranda grew some prejudiced among their kind. Pirates. Reavers. Pillagers. Thieves. They were the type of people she wishes to be struck down with lightning or be burned alive for their crimes that they labeled as their lifestyle for they are not afraid to be drowned in the eternal abyss that is the ocean.

"Your Grace, my Prince..." Miranda greeted with a graceful curtsy as she sauntered towards them and taking a seat to the vacant spot in front of the Master of Coins, "Lord Greyjoy, it is an honor in finally meeting you." She dislike the man but she can't just easily show it, Miranda was just as charming as ever, smiling and very courteous but not over doing it.

She thought that the position will be offered to a Lannister, but then seeing the Greyjoy inside the room with them, there are no better option than him. The Kraken leading the Naval Fleet. It was a great decision but not the safest. Greyjoys are not known for their fondest of the Crown, they live a different life. And they are not exactly the most loyal subjects ever. Again, Miranda stopped her brain from over thinking it, her prejudiced against them is ruling her judgement. If the Hand granted him that position, she will respect it.

With his experience and legacy, the man is apt for the job and she was truly honored meeting him. She may hated him but she can't deprive him of his accomplishments. "My liege, will the Good King grace us with his presence today?" Miranda asked hopefully, directing her attention to the hand, wishing that the King would emerge from his chamber and sit once again to the iron throne, all healthy and fit to rule his kingdom once more.

Rae continued to circle the man, her breathing heavy. She was infuriatingly impressed by her opponent, she admired his defensive nature but his refusal to budge from the stance was causing her blood to boil. It meant there were no openings to exploit, no slip ups to give her the edge. She was forced to engage allowing him to anticipate her movements. Now, after losing the dagger she found herself on the back foot, her injured side adding to her handicap. Even as she considered the folly of her recklessness she planned her next attack. The Prince was obviously a defensive fighter, which relied on predicting and reacting to the enemy. All Rae had to do was be unpredictable. It was an untested tactic, decided upon with no real evidence to support the theory. Nothing but gut instinct and a moderate dose of desperation. Rae could already feel her muscles tiring, drained further by her slipping moral and wounded side. She had always been an efficient fighter and now she found herself locked in a game of endurance, a game for which she lacked the stamina. She needed to do something quick and unpredictable, within a second she had made up her mind. She continued to circle her opponent looking for the best possible opportunity, whilst she didn't expect any weakness to show, she hoped for it. Rae twisted the balls of her feet as she moved, testing the floor beneath them. It was as it looked, not flawless but smooth enough so that one might lose their purchase. As she was doing so she heard the Prince's words, Smiling at his comments. "It's fortunate I'm usually a step faster then, my lord" Rae responded with a smirk, moving swiftly forward. She made eye contact with him as she moved, not an action of intimacy but necessity. She had leapt forward and quickly moved to the Prince's right side. She had hoped the Prince's line of sight would be blocked by his own shield, a risky but potentially profitable tactic. She moved with a fluid ease waiting until the last possible moment before throwing her feet forward and dropping to the floor, her feet sliding on the smooth surface. She was attempting to slide under his guard, swiping at his legs as she did so. She hoped by disrupting his stance, she could regain some advantage.

@Akio

Tom Brax

Tom couldn't stop fidgeting. He had removed his highly decorated armor, and had instead donned the nicest clothing he owned, a light purple shirt and shorts, with the sigil of House Brax on his left shoulder, and the orange dragon of Aelyx on his right. Standing in front of him, several lion guards regarded him, a few talking amongst themselves while he waited. 

"As I said already, my name is Tom Brax. I heard that the Lannisters are having some kind of meal together. Seeing as how my relative is the Lady of the House, I figured I would come and join. Please inform them of my arrival, if you could." Tom waited several more moments, looking the guards in the eye, before one of them grunted, turning and quietly entering the room, while the rest of them continued to stare Tom down.

@WanderingJester

Tiber Lannister

Lord Tiber Lannister took another bite of his dish when a Lionguard walked up to the table and leaned in.  The gold and red armored knight seemed unsure about something, and the Lord of Casterly Rock listened in patiently.  "My lord Ser Tom Brax is at the door.  He insists on joining you and your family."

The Warden of the West raised an eyebrow.  "And you've not invited him in?  He was invited after all.  Did he refused to give up his weapons or be searched?"  The knight looked even more uncomfortable now as he stood back up straight.

"Well, no.  I was unsure if he was invited or not."

Tiber inwardly sighed, before looking to the knight.  "Please do so then, and before the food gets cold if you will."  He waved a hand over the dinner table in front of him, at the many plates presented at the moment.  The knight bowed.

"Of course m'lord."  He quickly walked back to the door, and passed through it before coming face to face with the light purple and orange noble standing in front of him.  Seeing no weapons in sight, the Lionguard said, "please lift your arms Ser.  We must search you before admitting anyone not of the family.  Lord Tiber's orders."

@ArisenMoon

Axell Tyrell

The Red Keep, the Gardens

[SIZE= 16px]After Aelyx departed, Axell kept reading for a while. The Dance of the Dragons. That war had been bloody, cruel, like every war there had been in the seven kingdoms. While reading, Axell took some notes, something that might become useful. There was a journal made by his ancestor about the war. Her son, Lyonel Tyrell, the actual Lord of Highgarden was still an infant. She, instead had difficulties controlling the divided bannerman. Reading the journal, you could see she was very passionate. The decision to remain neutral was hard to make, because most people expected that she would side with Hightower, and the Greens. Axell found those journals intriguing, and giving him a better view at the war. But, Axell was not here to read, nor to make notes of ancestors journals. So, he decided to leave the room again, after drinking the last bit of tea.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]Strolling trough the castle, he soon found himself in the gardens. Gardens were his favorite places to be, most of the time they were really quiet and you could easily stay concentrated on your task there. The reachlord was in deep thoughts when he noticed in the corner of his eye a familiar face, nearby the pond. Victarion Greyjoy, a friend of him. a good one. Axell walked toward him, spreading his arms to give him a brotherly hug "Vic! How are things going?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]@Lancelot[/SIZE]

idTLSo5saX5DkP7SevlGHXui9PDdurExc30iGnze-fPFpWiGkVeiyXwwsxT3_qAXyXDrMXRzNx9QISmLQJTnWJpvc5t07YSf2-g=w200-h133-nc

[FONT= 'Courier New']Vaella Targaryen[/FONT]

divider4-dark.png

[SIZE= 11px]Following the encounter with numerous individuals of varying degrees of wealth and influence, Vaella had returned to her room alone and had amused herself for quite a while through singing and sewing. Really, that was all the young woman did when she was alone, she had nothing else to occupy her time with. Unlike some of her siblings, she was unmarried and had no children to fuss over, and she wasn't in charge of anywhere so she didn't need to worry about that or organise anything either. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]Eventually Vaella realised that she'd ended up losing track of time and would soon be late to the Lannister's dinner, which she had been pleasantly surprised urpdised to be invited to, if she didn't hurry. Even with the threat of not being punctual, Vaella spent several minutes changing into new clothes and pinning back a lock of her curly, fair hair. Her new gown was lavender in colour, form fitting and flowing at the same time with a deep v-neck; after checking her reflection in her mirror, she was satisfied and quickly left her room. The hallway was empty now, rather a contrast from the crowd of people who'd inhabited one of them not all that long ago. Rounding a corner, she slowed her pace a bit-- she didn't want to arrive too late, but she also didn't want to be undignified.[/SIZE]

tumblr_mdlqhq7iVq1rckp22o1_500.gif

Leanne Lannister

[tags] @WanderingJester

[mood] complacent

Leanne's hazel gaze traced the room and it's inhabitants in its entirety, a fond smile creasing up the corners of her cerise tinted lips. Yes, the visiting among the many houses that had come for the occasion had certainly been educational, but there was nothing better then family for her at least. Even if it wasn't truly there hall they sat in, the company more than compensated for it. Her eyes ghosted over the table her sons sat before flipping back over to the "adult" table where conversation was buzzing. Returning the smile one of the ladies shot her as said person uttered a compliment on her dress of choice, Leanne returned the favor before returning to the complacent silence habitary for anyone eating.

She'd dressed in a fashion similar to her husband's own colors of choice, with a crimson kimono-type dress, engraved with golden markings drawn to look quite similar to the form of a lion roaring. But that could've been merely a coincidence. Hair, uncharacteristically, was left down for the occasion, although the locks of dark gold were drawn from her face by a simple gold headpiece. Said object, however, didn't prevent the strands from spilling down her shoulders in ringlets of dark gold.

Drawing a glass between her thumb and forefinger, Leanne took a long sip of the wine that had been placed in front of her - just enough to warm her. Placing the cup back down, Leanne allowed a smile to grace her features as her husband's voice touched her ears. Having barely laid eyes on him all day, Leanne could honestly say she'd missed him. The inquiry brought a reminiscent smile to the Lady of Casterly Rock's lips. 

"Pleasant's a word for it," Leanne let her eyes touch her husband's, drinking in the familiarity of his features. "I've gotten more then enough relaxation, as I hope you have. While I hope you haven't been exerting yourself all day, I wouldn't be surprised if you have," half amusedly uttered.

"It's beautiful here but.." Leanne let the 't' pop briefly as she searched for the proper word for what she was attempting to express. It wasn't quite homesickness that she felt, but in the same instant she wasn't quite as comfortable here as she'd like to be. "It's just very beautiful here."

"But how is your visit going? I'm sure you've accomplished quite a bit more then I have considering that I've been delving deep into the world of court gossip all day." although it was light, the question in her words was evident.

One of the guards entered following her words and Leanne followed the conversation, schooling her expression into impassivity before meeting her husband's eyes once more.

Tiber Lannister

Lord Tiber Lannister looked to his wife as the Lionguard left, remembering her words and taking in her beauty.

Leanne might have been from a lower house, one that Uncle Tyrik certainly didn't approved of, but she was still one of the most precious people in his eyes, and he wouldn't trade her for all the gold under Casterly Rock.  Fortunately, the Warden of the West had both.  Taking one of her hands, Tiber kissed it gently before replying, "you know how the business of the Westerland is dear.  Much like being a parent, the work's never fully done, even on a happy family trip like this one."  He had remembered her pause after describing King's Landing, and so kissed her hand again, this time tracing the kisses up her arm until he nibbled at her ear, before whispering.  "What is it dear?  You can let me know in our chambers later if you want."  Just then Uncle Edwyn cleared his throat.

"May I remind my lord, that while we're all glad that your marriage with Leanne is going well, that we are at the dinner table at the moment?"

Tiber leaned back into his chair, giving his Uncle and cousin a smile along with Miranda.  "My apologies everyone.  Apparently even Wardens are capable of succumbing to their desires."  He gave a wink over to Leanne, before continuing.  "Likely no more than you, love.  That's not to say that you did little, but rather it has been quite a," he paused, thinking of the word, "an informative and eventful day, to say the least.  Wouldn't you agree uncle?"  Edwyn from the side swallowed a mouthful of wine as he nodded.  "I'm sure you've picked up just as much information from the court gossips yourself dear, though useful in other ways as well."

"Eventful indeed.  Hopefully this can set the precedent for the rest of our stay here.  It would be nice to get a feel as to how the Hightowers feel about the next trade agreement before we're all at the negotiating table again."

Tiber nodded as he took another bite of the honeyed chicken.  "Oh yes, the trade agreement.  That's in the next year correct?  The current one isn't due to expire until at least then, and that's if any of the parties are unhappy about the terms."  Uncle Edwyn nodded, as Tiber met his wife's eyes, conveying a message of love, happiness and desire in equal measure to her.

@JustJazzy

Victarion Greyjoy (Present)

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion stood silently over the pond, mesmerised by the spectacle in front of him.  The dark green lily pads floating on the surface next to flowers of bright pink, yellow and white.  Fishes swam at varying paces underneath like streaks of silver.  Victarion slowly placed the tips of his fingers into the pond, it had a lukewarm feeling to the touch, Victarion looked forward to returning to his chambers so that he could have a nice cold bath.  The summer nights here were almost as bad as the days were, it did not agree with him one bit, he was used to the harsh weather of the Iron Islands and was made of tougher stuff than the mainlanders.  At least he could find similar thoughts in the Starks if they ever crossed paths, the wolves always seemed to be decent enough.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a good friend of his, one he hadn't seen in a while.  Axell Tyrell, the heir to Highgarden himself was approaching him, if smiles were not such a foreign concept to Victarion then one would have likely found a place on the stoic face of his.  Nonetheless Axell knew him well enough to understand that Victarion would be happy to see him, but as the man seemed to part his arms for a hug he thought that he may have hit himself on the head since the last time they met.  Victarion had never hugged anyone other than his wife, not his brothers or sister or even his late mother or Lord father.  Victarion instead reached out his to signal for a handshake instead, even that was rare and something only he would do for those he was intimate with.  These were the kind of things that made it hard for Victarion to make friends, people tended to misinterpret him as cold and uncaring but he always struggled to show his affection.[/SIZE]

"Well met Axell it has been some time, things are fine as of late, finer once I heard that they will be holding a melee in the coming days.  Do you intend to enter yourself?" [SIZE= 12px]Victarion inquired, he was speaking in the same neutral voice he always had but his vocabulary was noticeably different and had a faint touch of joy to it.[/SIZE]

@Savagai

Victarion Greyjoy (Past)

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion watched as Lord Tiber Lannister left the gardens with his uncle and guards, it had not been an overly stressful conversation, they talked mainly about their weddings but there was a feeling of awkwardness in the heir due to the Lords uncle.  No doubt he had something against the Iron born and Victarion didn't blame him, he knew what his people were and never tried to deny it or even justify it.  He told the two Blacktyde men to leave him in peace now, he felt secure enough in solace and so ordered them to return themselves to his wife and father in law at his chambers.  Once they left him the place was in silence, Victarion now had the time to really have a good look at the gardens, it was one of his hobbies to examine the gardens of any place he visited on the mainland.  He was a man who was very attentive to detail with senses keener than most and a surprising amount of intelligence, many may write him off as a distant brute from his appearance and distant nature but on the islands he was renown for his mind in both daily life and warfare.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]And so it came to a surprise to him when he finally noticed that he wasn't really alone in the gardens, either someone had entered or they were here before him.  He concluded that they must have came in recently or else it would likely just be an off duty servant relaxing.  The person seemed to be deliberately making little noise, either he was sneaking around or he was shy...  Victarion began to follow the slight noises of the person.  He stopped at a corner and watched the man take a poppy from the soil and then proceeded to slip it into one of his pockets.  [/SIZE]"I hope you don't intend on taking any more of those flowers..." [SIZE= 12px]Victarion approached calmly, the man did not look like a gardener, and a poppy wasn't a common flower commonly given to a Lady so he wondered what his intentions were.  "I like those ones.  What do you mean to do with it?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@SleepyBuddha[/SIZE]

Rae continued to circle the man, her breathing heavy. She was infuriatingly impressed by her opponent, she admired his defensive nature but his refusal to budge from the stance was causing her blood to boil. It meant there were no openings to exploit, no slip ups to give her the edge. She was forced to engage allowing him to anticipate her movements. Now, after losing the dagger she found herself on the back foot, her injured side adding to her handicap. Even as she considered the folly of her recklessness she planned her next attack. The Prince was obviously a defensive fighter, which relied on predicting and reacting to the enemy. All Rae had to do was be unpredictable. It was an untested tactic, decided upon with no real evidence to support the theory. Nothing but gut instinct and a moderate dose of desperation. Rae could already feel her muscles tiring, drained further by her slipping moral and wounded side. She had always been an efficient fighter and now she found herself locked in a game of endurance, a game for which she lacked the stamina. She needed to do something quick and unpredictable, within a second she had made up her mind. She continued to circle her opponent looking for the best possible opportunity, whilst she didn't expect any weakness to show, she hoped for it. Rae twisted the balls of her feet as she moved, testing the floor beneath them. It was as it looked, not flawless but smooth enough so that one might lose their purchase. As she was doing so she heard the Prince's words, Smiling at his comments. "It's fortunate I'm usually a step faster then, my lord" Rae responded with a smirk, moving swiftly forward. She made eye contact with him as she moved, not an action of intimacy but necessity. She had leapt forward and quickly moved to the Prince's right side. She had hoped the Prince's line of sight would be blocked by his own shield, a risky but potentially profitable tactic. She moved with a fluid ease waiting until the last possible moment before throwing her feet forward and dropping to the floor, her feet sliding on the smooth surface. She was attempting to slide under his guard, swiping at his legs as she did so. She hoped by disrupting his stance, she could regain some advantage.

@Akio

Aegon sat almost completely still as she circled around him, his position seeming to barley change as he moved with her as his expression was focused and careful. Thus far he had countered her with fairly easily but at the same time he was cautious. Her block had shown of her startling speed and she had proved to be unpredictable and her style confusing and quick rather then straight forward which he might have expected. Never the less given she was breathing heavily and her injured side would continue to plague her as long as they fought. However his instinct told him that it would not be that easy. A wounded animal would be the most dangerous of all and her last attacks made in desperation would be extremely dangerous, especially without armor which diminished his defenses compared to what he was used to. His defenses still strong as she circled around him before she finally stopped ready to move forward. She made eye contact with him and his purple amethyst eyes met hers. His eyes where cunning and steady, but also beautiful and almost mesmerizing as all Targaryens were and perhaps prince Aegon more then most but at the same time he couldn't help but be struck a bit by her beauty. She leapt forward and Aegon prepared to meet her, not letting himself be held by her eyes as he turned a bit to meet her. She slid on the ground as she came to meet him, trying to duck around his shield to block his eyesight which worked only for a moment but it was a moment enough to surprise him as she swiped at his leg which caused given him only a moment only a moment to react.

Trying to jump back and only half succeeding as he felt her ax grave his right leg, causing it to flare in pain as he landed, his leg almost bucking which almost made him panic knowing her would be completely defenseless if his leg fell out from under him. Reacting almost opposite as he had most of the battle he turned his sudden weakness to a strength as he all but let his right leg collapse but pushed off his left to suddenly charge in a step to close the space that he himself has opened up while she was still low to the ground. His shield was held up to present and almost solid wall of wood but he did not stop as he pulled himself into a controlled fall rather then try to hold himself up on his injured right leg, smashing into her with the shield as he tried to pin her to the floor between his shield and straddling her fallen body to stop her from moving while he all but tried to press her body and ax hand into the ground with his shield, in a scene that might have been considered inappropriate but any standard given their position if not for the sword, held in reverse grip against his forearm almost like a dagger against her vulnerable hallow throat, as he panted with the exertion of the battle. Her sliding on the ground had certainly surprised him but had given him a clear height advantage and not giving her a way to stand before his instant retaliation, but letting himself simply fall towards her, ending the battle as he pinned her with his superior weight and size. He leaned forward, his face a foot or two over the blade that had her unable to move while he grinned, his face vaguely flushed from exertion and perhaps something else. "Not quite fast enough." He said breathlessly, but there was no sting to it as he found himself impressed more then anything else and knew if he had perhaps fought any other way it might be him kissing the floor, and a feeling of respect blossomed in him for the woman beneath him which colored his tone audibly.

Arin tensed up and quickly got up looking at the man who had found him with a nervous smile. Just from a glance the Wisdom knew that this way was a greyjoy. It just had to be a greyjoy didn't it... if he wasn't careful he may end up dead rather than captured. " Uh... No I just need the one." Arin said quickly fastening the pocket closed, " It may seem a bit odd but my lover really loves poppies and kept going on about the poppies in the keep M'lord." Arin said keeping his head down as he lied through his teeth. He would just pretend to be a servant or an apprentice in the guild. He knew that being a Wisdom at his age was quite unusual so if he could just play this off...

@Lancelot

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor Velaryon[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The Red Keep, King’s Landing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]His hands moving haphazardly to tie up the delicate lace of his intricately designed woolen doublet, Laenor Velaryon allowed himself a brief sigh as his violet eyes examined the form that stood silently upon the mirror before him, a frown gracing his lips as he noticed the bags that were ever present below its eyes, and the signs of marks and scars that had previously been absent from its face. It had been a year since he had returned to King’s Landing, or near enough to make no matter, and the constant filth and squalor of the Stepstones had caused him to forget just how hard it was to keep up one's appearance. He hadn’t worn clothes like these since his days squiring in Pentos under Ser Walder Bracken, nor had his hair been combed so thoroughly, and when he turned to his head to face his own reflection it was a stranger's face that looked back at him. He couldn’t say he wasn’t happy to be back in the capital, after all he hadn’t seen his family for months, though there was a certain feeling of foreboding within them that he hadn’t been able to shake ever since his ship had arrived in the Blackwater Bay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“So you are[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px] back then, it was nice of you to write.” Laenor didn’t even need to turn his head to recognise the scolding tones emitting from the door behind him, it’s feminine nature bringing a slight grin to his previously forlorn face. “How long have you been in the capital?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“The Seal Stalker arrived in port just this afternoon.” Laenor replied someone guiltily, he hadn’t spoken to anyone since his arrival in King’s Landing, not even his family, and though he had been meaning to speak with his father as soon as he got to shore he hadn’t been able to work up the motivation to suffer through one of his lectures. “Would you believe that I’ve been here for less than half a day and I’m already being yelled at. It is certainly good to be home.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Then perhaps you should return more often.” The woman said as she came into view, revealing a smile so large that it was in danger of splitting her face in twain. “We have missed you here, mother feared that you’d have forgotten what Driftmark even looks like considering you never seem to stay longer than a few days.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Fear not sweet sister, I have not been gone so long that I had forgotten what home looks like. Nor my family.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“And how long will you be staying this time?” She asked abruptly, purposely ignoring him as the smile partially fading from her lips.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Long enough.” Laenor replied with a hint of uncertainty, his eyes narrowing as he put the finishing touches onto his evening attire. “I will wish Egg a happy wedding, say a few words to mother and father, hopefully check up on uncle Maegor and be out of the city by the end of the week. Speaking of uncles I heard that Ser Aenys had passed?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“I know.” She muttered gravely, raising an eyebrow in an accusatory fashion. “I was at his funeral. Baela is devastated. You should have been there.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“I was away protecting the realm.” Laenor looked at her defensively.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Defending the realm from pirates and brigands is that not why we have a royal navy?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Laenor merely sighed in response, pulling on a pair of sealskin gloves and he finally turned away from the mirror. His exit blocked by the slim form of his sister, Laena Velaryon. “I’d just like to enjoy my first few hours back home in peace.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Well it's unfortunate then that you’ve got duties to attend to. Lord Tiber Lannister of Casterly Rock has invited our family to sup with him in the Lannister quarters, and with father busy with the small council, mother has decided that, that makes you a suitable representative.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Lannister?” Laenor said confused,[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Aye! And if you’re lucky perhaps his sister will be present. I assume you remember Lady Celena from the tourney of Lannisport?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“And this dinner is when?” Laenor said, plainly ignoring the implication of his sister's tone. “Now?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“That is [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]why mother sent me to fetch you. Or did you think I came out of concern for my dear brother. My dear brother who might as well have been dead for all the correspondence he’s given us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“I assume I have no choice in the matter?” She shook her head. “Well then I suppose we should be going, I’m afraid you’ll have to show me the location, I’m not quite as familiar with the Red Keep as I used to be.” He felt a slight warmth around his hand as his sister took it into her own, allowing him not even a moment of solace before he was practically dragged out of his chamber. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]---[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]It didn’t take too long to arrive at the Lannister quarter of the castle, it seemed that the Red Keep had shrunk since Laenor was a young man, that or he had just grown larger, and what was formerly a massive maze of halls and corridors seemed to be a bit more homely in appearance, narrower and more compact than he remembered. Cautiously Laenor gave up his knife at the door of what might have been the largest guest sector of the castle, the burly knights guarding it barely registering the hasty apology he made for being armed in the first place. He didn’t really need his arms within the Red Keep and only still carried it as a force of habit, one would be hard pressed in the Stepstones to go without a weapon, for every trader or whore could be a cut throat in disguise as Laenor had learnt the hard way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Lord Tiber, it is a pleasure. I apologise for the absence of Lord Aenar, but unfortunately the small council has demanded his presence.” Laenor let his sister do the talking, his courtesy was a little rusty as of late, what with its lack of use, and he did not want to embarrass his family in front of the richest man in Westeros. Instead he just smiled, his gaze falling shifting from the Lord of Casterly Rock and instead falling elsewhere...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]@WanderingJester[/SIZE]

Victarion Greyjoy (Past)

[SIZE= 12px]Victarion looked closely at the man, his face, his clothing, how he held himself.  His smile seemed to have a slight hint of nervousness to it, mayhaps he was telling the truth about his lover and poppies but there was also the chance he could very well be lying...  The man seemed to keep his head down, avoiding making eye contact at him, it reminded him of a child lying to his mother.  But Victarion could understand the mans feelings, he was after all 7' tall and clad in a full set of armour. "She must be very important to you if you would go to such lengths as stealing a flower from the royal gardens themselves for her...  Tell me do you serve here or did you somehow sneak yourself in?" Victaion questioned him harshly, he would let the man go either way but he wanted to hear the full truth to it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@Savagai[/SIZE]

This was good, the greyjoy believed him. Although he wouldn't do so if he could help it relief flushed his features and Arin looked the man in the face. " Yes, M'lord very much. I asked a friend within the castle to sneak me inside. I beg you m'lord don't take it out on her!" Arin took a step towards the greyjoy as if in desperation. Though he wasn't very good at things such as this so he wasn't sure how well he could sell this.  He just needed to get away clean then he could hide among the servants until the wedding. He had done his fair share of grunt work when he was working his way through the ranks of the guild. So he could blend in well enough and from there he would try to work things out with the hand from a safe distance. At least he hoped it would all work out like this.

@Lancelot

Tiber Lannister

Lord Tiber Lannister looked up to see a young man and a lady approach the table.  The man was well built, handsome, and the newfound scars only made it more into a rigged look, detracting nothing from his Valyrian looks.  He had the air of a warrior about him, though none of the usual amount of savagery normally associated with it, even if he wasn't looking the most comfortable at the moment.  The lady herself had on an elegant green dress, and as well fitted to her surroundings as her outfit was on her body.  At the greeting, Tiber stood and greeted them, as did Edwyn.  "Ah, my friends from House Velayron, Laenor and Laena Velaryon.  Come come.  Take a seat wherever you like.  I'm so glad you can join us, and I completely understand with your uncle.  I presumed that he would be a busy man as the Hand anyways.  Please, enjoy yourselves."  Tiber had noticed Laenor's eyes had wandered off further down the table already, and couldn't help but smile.  "Of course, if you wish to greet the rest of the family as well, do feel free."  The Lion of Lannister also noticed Martyn's eyes observing Laenor.  Apparently warriors take note of one another in each other's presence.

"Quite.  Welcome to our little family dinner," Uncle Edwyn added on, as he sat back down along with Tiber and the two individually helped themselves to more food from the plates on the table.

@JustJazzy

@Hypnos

(Psst @Red I'm leaving Wilhelm and his wife's actions up to you :)  )

Tiber Lannister

Lord Tiber Lannister took another bite of his dish when a Lionguard walked up to the table and leaned in.  The gold and red armored knight seemed unsure about something, and the Lord of Casterly Rock listened in patiently.  "My lord Ser Tom Brax is at the door.  He insists on joining you and your family."

The Warden of the West raised an eyebrow.  "And you've not invited him in?  He was invited after all.  Did he refused to give up his weapons or be searched?"  The knight looked even more uncomfortable now as he stood back up straight.

"Well, no.  I was unsure if he was invited or not."

Tiber inwardly sighed, before looking to the knight.  "Please do so then, and before the food gets cold if you will."  He waved a hand over the dinner table in front of him, at the many plates presented at the moment.  The knight bowed.

"Of course m'lord."  He quickly walked back to the door, and passed through it before coming face to face with the light purple and orange noble standing in front of him.  Seeing no weapons in sight, the Lionguard said, "please lift your arms Ser.  We must search you before admitting anyone not of the family.  Lord Tiber's orders."

@ArisenMoon

After a few moments, the doors opened again, revealing the guard from earlier. As he spoke his orders, Tom nodded his head, raising his arms. The guard moved forward and patted Tom down, earning a few curses from him as his armored hands were none to soft. After checking everywhere, the guard nodded, standing back up and opening the door. Nodding to the men, Tom walked into the room, briefly taking in the assembled group, before bowing slightly.

"My lords and ladies, sorry for the delay, but security seems to be tight as of late." Walking into the room, Tom quickly made note of the new arrivals as well, before walking to the woman who was like a sister to him. "Leanne, my apogogies for my hasty greeting and departure earlier, my liege had me running ragged yesterday to make sure everything was ready for his brothers wedding." As he spoke, Tom let his eyes flick up to Tiber for a moment, when he spoke of his actions, before smiling at Leanne once more. 

@WanderingJester

@JustJazzy
@Hypnos

Nymeria smiled at Jon, her expression kind and waved her hand dismissively not seeming angry or even disturbed, her real feelings hidden behind her unbreakable mask. "There is no need to punish them, I already spoke to them and they apologized to me and my handmaiden and I'm used to taking hits and falling as my brother has given me some combat training in the past so I'm more then capable of taking a small hit, since my handmaiden remained mostly unharmed. I forgave them of their sins," She said with amusement, picking a bit at his own word choice, "In return for a favor that ill take advantage of at another time." She said, still smiling but her eyes not a bit more cunning as they seemed to sparkle with amusement and something else as well. "Still if you still wish to pay back what they have done perhaps ill take a favor for you as well? I'm certain house Ashwood is certainly worthy of my trust is it not?" She said where as he once held her hand she brought it up to his chin and ran a light and soft finger over the cleft of his jaw, her smile never wavering before she chortled lightly and stepped back from him, folding her hands together in front of her as her smile widened at the Ashwood.

"For right now however I have no need of a favor so ill let you go rather then take up your attention. Me and Lady Bolton have things to discuss," She said in such a way it left little doubt what she planned to 'discuss' and that she had no shame of her actions or care whether they were against the teachings of faith, gods, or men at all. "So I must take off, I thank you for your time Lord Ashwood." She said with a smile as she turned to Talia, her words a clear expression of dismissal.

@SuperSpice @JPTheWarrior

A savage smile appeared upon Rae's lips as a jolt ran through her arm, signalling a clean strike with her axe. She should have landed a blow far earlier and perhaps had she known more about her combatant she would have tried a similar attack before loosing her secondary weapon and composure. Regardless Rae felt a brutal sense of accomplishment fill her, not only from the physical aspect of the blow, but also the social implications. She had struck royalty, she thought with a smirk. Distracted by the sensations of success, her actions were delayed, a half second behind her usual pace. As she her slide came to a halt she twisted her body, turning into a crouch, ready to launch herself at her opponent once more. Though as she did so she was met by a startling sight. Before she could move an inch, the Prince's shield collided with her cheek, sending her barrelling backwards onto the floor. Rae landed with a groan, the taste of blood fresh on her lips and some what dazed by the sudden collision. In her stunned state she fumbled to recover her footing but before any attempt could be made, the Prince's body was suddenly on top of her. Her arms were pinned to her sides, her axe had fallen from her grasp. The final surprise was the Prince's blade held against her throat, whilst blunt a clear sign of victory. Rae felt wave upon wave of humiliation and frustration wash over her. How could she let herself be bested! She was certain that the average Prince would be no match for her prowess. Despite the lack of Malice in the Prince's words they did little to calm the anger building within Rae, a rage directed at herself more than anything else. She let out a sigh, closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the floor. "Would it be unsportsmenlike of me to blame it on the wine?" She spoke with a smile, a small amount of blood appearing on her bottom lip. Whilst she could breath fine her voice was strained under the Prince's weight.

@Akio

A savage smile appeared upon Rae's lips as a jolt ran through her arm, signalling a clean strike with her axe. She should have landed a blow far earlier and perhaps had she known more about her combatant she would have tried a similar attack before loosing her secondary weapon and composure. Regardless Rae felt a brutal sense of accomplishment fill her, not only from the physical aspect of the blow, but also the social implications. She had struck royalty, she thought with a smirk. Distracted by the sensations of success, her actions were delayed, a half second behind her usual pace. As she her slide came to a halt she twisted her body, turning into a crouch, ready to launch herself at her opponent once more. Though as she did so she was met by a startling sight. Before she could move an inch, the Prince's shield collided with her cheek, sending her barrelling backwards onto the floor. Rae landed with a groan, the taste of blood fresh on her lips and some what dazed by the sudden collision. In her stunned state she fumbled to recover her footing but before any attempt could be made, the Prince's body was suddenly on top of her. Her arms were pinned to her sides, her axe had fallen from her grasp. The final surprise was the Prince's blade held against her throat, whilst blunt a clear sign of victory. Rae felt wave upon wave of humiliation and frustration wash over her. How could she let herself be bested! She was certain that the average Prince would be no match for her prowess. Despite the lack of Malice in the Prince's words they did little to calm the anger building within Rae, a rage directed at herself more than anything else. She let out a sigh, closing her eyes and leaning her head back against the floor. "Would it be unsportsmenlike of me to blame it on the wine?" She spoke with a smile, a small amount of blood appearing on her bottom lip. Whilst she could breath fine her voice was strained under the Prince's weight.

@Akio

Aegon chuckled in amusement, taking his blade away from the soft hallow of her throat and tossing it away along with his shield and instead adjusting himself so that his knees would be pinning her down instead of his shield as he heard the clatter of wood and steel hit the floor with a slight screech of steel on stone. In truth he probably could have gotten up already but he would not be ashamed to say he was enjoying the view. Her hair was spread out around her head like a web around her and her skin was fair and beautiful, her breasts heaving from her exertions and more prevalent due to his angle and her own position on the floor and as for her dress... Well other then the tears to her hips after two violent collosions and falling on the floor it with crooked and ruined, and in some places torn in ways that were fairly revealing and made him more aware how they were positioned after their scuffle. He was also using this moment to let his foot recover, his leg still vaguely shaking as even though the blow had been mostly a graze it had still been enough to hurt a great deal and nearly set him buckling though he had used it to his advantage and wasn't 100 % certain he wouldn't stumble if he tried to stand which was a weakness he refused to let her see. "If I had been wearing armor then I would have hardly taken damage at all." He thought to himself. Never the less he was impressed, without a doubt the girl on the ground in front of him was a skilled warrior and combatant. "Perhaps, maybe more childish then bad sportsmanship. you fought well. Not many can test my style to such a degree, as you noticed piercing through my defenses can be difficult. Yet you seemed to have managed it." He said, complimenting her skill as he smiled at her, pleased with not only the outcome but the exhilaration the fight had been for him. He noticed some blood appearing on her bottom lip and reached out, wiping it away with his finger, lightly tracing her lips with it as he wiped the blood from her face. "It seems I have injured you, though your used to taking blows and since it was a fair fight I won't apologize." He said chuckling as he took back his finger, wiping it in the floor as his fair face looked down at her as if debating what to do with her.

-

tumblr_n3keatuUAw1tu5b3fo5_250.gif

-

Ave Redwyne

[SIZE= 12px]"Our journey was well enough. Although my brother an' I do get tired of the tediousness of long carriage [/SIZE]lulls[SIZE= 12px]." Ave laughed, lightly.  Celena and her group soon left. But, before they did- they invited Ave to a dinner they were hosting. Ave, politely, promised that she'd attend along with Austen. Soon, it was just her in the gardens. Her and Lewyn Martell. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I apologize, my lord." Ave said, as she performed a small curtsy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Lewyn gave her an odd look, as if he didn't know what she was speaking of. Ave smiled slightly. "For not knowing your name." She added in. She shuffled forward and placed her left hand gently on his right wrist. "I am foolish to forget a prince." Even if he is a Dornish one at that. Ave's hand slowly fell from his.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She looked into his eyes and felt herself drown.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]I have to have him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]It'd been almost a year since Ave set her eyes on a man of prestige. The previous one was a lordling from The Riverlands. However, it didn't end well. None of her 'flings' ever did. But maybe this one would be of somewhat difference. Or, at least, she told herself so. Ave used her left hand to now brush her hair aside. It was messy-ish, as she had not looked in a mirror since Cider Hall. "Now," She began. "I must leave and make myself look even remotely decent before that dinner begins..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She looked at Lewyn once more as she left his side. She raised her right hand and waved at him. "I hope to see you there, ser." Her final words were. She finally turned around and within seconds Lewyn Martell was out of her sight, but most definitely not out of her mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]I will have him...[/SIZE]

@Akio

-

anigif_original-grid-image-28793-1415659573-8.gif

-

Lord Austen Redwyne

As Austen walked through the flowery archway that lead back to the garden he fixed his collar with his hands. He had left his sister to find a Lannister, yet, he got... distracted. He was disappointed in himself. I cannot be doing that here. If someone were to see, well-

[SIZE= 12px]His thoughts scattered as he saw a friend of his. Axell Tyrell. And with the him was a rough looking lordling. Austen almost instantly recognized the man, mainly due to the golden fish embodied on his attire. A Kraken. Austen would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised to see House Greyjoy in the capital.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I thought they'd be one of the houses who's wedding invite got lost along the way..." He whispered to himself as he walked through grass, greener than any on The Arbor. Axell and his fishy companion had not seen him yet. Austen thought to himself that it'd probably be best if he sneaked away without so much as a wave. But, it wasn't the time to be anti-social. Hells, it rarely is. So Austen Redwyne made his way over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Axell!" He boomed. Even when he was loud, Austen's voiced still seemed calm and still. Axell's face lit up. This, in turn, made Austen grin one of his 'goofy' grins- as his little sister would always call 'em. "Of course I find you in a garden." He jested. He gently grabbed Axell's arm, as a sign of greeting and their friendship. Austen soon saw the face of The Greyjoy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Gods. What is this one's name again? Victarion?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Austen internally shrugged and decided to go with it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"And you must be Victarion Greyjoy. I don't believe you and I have ever actually met, ser."[/SIZE]

Aelyx Targaryen

The Dragon Pit had been fun. Of all the things currently going on in the capital, seeing Jaedos allowed Aelyx to distract himself from the events of the world. As he walked through the halls of the Red Keep, Aelyx had decided to head towards his private quarters, when he caught sight of a man he had been meaning to talk to if he found him. Quickly breaking off from his course, he hurried down the hallway after the Lord as he rounded the corner.

"My Lord Rowan! A pleasure to meet you, my lord. I am Aelyx Targaryen." Once he was done speaking, he extended his hand in greeting. "Might we speak for a moment? I have drinks in my quarters, where it is cooler. The heat of the capital is quite annoying."

@Greenbriar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back