Chitchat Old People Chat (25+)

That's the cost of a good computer and a VERY solid investment, well done. I'm actually saving for just the same thing! Got $1000 squirreled away for it, just..... a few more months of saving to go. OTL
As long as your bills are getting paid and you have something saved for emergencies (or at least have a reliable safety net) then heck, retail therapy all the way.
Yup, I had an online company build it for me, too. I intend to make this computer last for years to come. It's so worth it to save up the money for the more expensive options out there.

Exactly. Sadly, I'm back to barely making any money after the ankle surgery that got me off my active duty orders and then the hospital stay that got me off my annual training orders early. Could've earned around $2k for that training, but it was cut short and I didn't even make $1k.

Best part is after the ankle surgery, which got delayed by two months thanks to the pandemic, and the recent hospital stay, I somehow have to be able to pass an Army Physical Fitness Test this Saturday in order to be able to go to my training. It's 2-minutes of push-ups, 2-minutes of sit-ups, and a 2-mile run. Ironically enough, I'm still the most worried about the sit-ups part. That hospital stay was me learning the hard way that I have ischemic colitis and my colon basically sucks ass at doing its job. And to top it all off, I learned earlier this year that I have an old neck injury that wasn't treated properly. Combine that with the ischemic colitis and let me tell ya, sit-ups are near impossible for me to do and I have to do at least 50 of them to pass.

If there are people in their 40s or older on this fuckin' site they're going to KILL me

giphy.gif

I just found this so hello fellow old kids, I'm 30.

And as someone who just reached their "out of pocket" spending on my insurance, I say it's TIME TO GET ALL THE TESTS! Remember this if you ever unfortunately end up spending that much on American health insurance, ya'll. xD

Also I had to replace my laptop this year. Good times, good times.

...I better still be RPing when I'm 40, that's all I gotta say.

I just found this so hello fellow old kids, I'm 30.

And as someone who just reached their "out of pocket" spending on my insurance, I say it's TIME TO GET ALL THE TESTS! Remember this if you ever unfortunately end up spending that much on American health insurance, ya'll. xD

Also I had to replace my laptop this year. Good times, good times.

...I better still be RPing when I'm 40, that's all I gotta say.
Oh yeah, I took advantage of prime healthcare with the military earlier this year and figured out quite a few new problems with my body in the meantime. I’ll have that prime healthcare again soon and intend to get my lungs looked at more closely to see the extent of damage from my bouts with pneumonia. :D Gotta love healthcare.

I know I’ll easily continue RPing through old age hahaha.

Excellent xD I'm glad you have taken advantage. I'm working on it, too, just glad I finally have someone who actually listens to me. Still don't know what's up with everything, but at least we're monitoring it. And ew. Hope your lungs aren't too damaged, Lioness075 Lioness075 .

Same xD

Excellent xD I'm glad you have taken advantage. I'm working on it, too, just glad I finally have someone who actually listens to me. Still don't know what's up with everything, but at least we're monitoring it. And ew. Hope your lungs aren't too damaged, Lioness075 Lioness075 .

Same xD
Heh, it be like that sometimes. I'm pretty confident I have some form of arthritis in my body, but would need to get specific bloodwork done for it to be diagnosed. Quite a headache to try and figure out everything wrong with your body tbh.

It really is -- and it all seemed to hit these past couple of years, which is annoying. It'd be nice if it spaced it out better, lol. I'm sure I'll be thinking that when I'm older, too.

It really is -- and it all seemed to hit these past couple of years, which is annoying. It'd be nice if it spaced it out better, lol. I'm sure I'll be thinking that when I'm older, too.
Hahaha, I'm only 25 and have more health problems than my parents, who are in their 50s. XD I got hit hard by two issues this year alone (it is 2020, after all).

Lioness075 Lioness075 , I feel that xD my parents don't go to the doctor so we don't know if their health is terrible or not, honestly. I got hit with one thing this year, and one thing last year. Last year has cleared up, this year it's just been weird abdominal issues that occasionally flare up into severe pain.

I hope that your issues get resolved soon! They thought I had an infectious colitis thing earlier, so...yeah, I know how the pain can be x.x (of course they also thought appendicitis, ovarian cyst, and a host of other things it turned out NOT to be =_=). Good luck with the sit-ups!

Lioness075 Lioness075 , I feel that xD my parents don't go to the doctor so we don't know if their health is terrible or not, honestly. I got hit with one thing this year, and one thing last year. Last year has cleared up, this year it's just been weird abdominal issues that occasionally flare up into severe pain.

I hope that your issues get resolved soon! They thought I had an infectious colitis thing earlier, so...yeah, I know how the pain can be x.x (of course they also thought appendicitis, ovarian cyst, and a host of other things it turned out NOT to be =_=). Good luck with the sit-ups!
Oof, yeah, my parents are the same way. They think you only go to doctors after you're sick or hurt. facepalm I suppose it's always possible my parents are worse off than they seem. They take a ton of supplements and just lean heavily on preventative methods. Which is funny when they acted like my ischemic colitis could've been prevented when the doc said it's entirely genetic. XD Every issue I have comes from either old injuries that were written off as not that bad or genetics.

Yeah, same for you! Have you done a colonoscopy yet? That's how they quickly diagnosed me. All the scans can only do so much until you actually see what's going on inside.

Parents, right? My mom has mostly gone in for her eyes, or for work injuries, but other than that, she doesn't get checked out. My dad also only goes in for severe pain, so the last thing I know about him was a gallstone issue. I try to think they're in good health, though. Just 'cause I want them to be, haha.

YUP. That was the most recent thing, actually -- I NEVER want to drink that terrible drink again. CT Scan, Ultrasound, bloodwork, papsmear, and colonoscopy. In the CT, the colon had looked inflamed, but by the time of the colonoscopy, it was fine. I haven't had any flare ups in pain since August, so I'm hoping whatever it was has passed, but I'm not counting on it (it started in June, then was silent until August, so...).

...I'm betting on red-shirt fencer.

let me tell you, "old people fighting" was NOT a disappointing Google search

Last edited:
This is why adulting sucks. The only relevant discussion topic is health issues. And bills sometimes XD
Where is the joy of life or something?! ^^

yasss! Old people unite!

I totally was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago because I destroyed a disc in my back leaning over to pick up toilet paper off the ground ;> love this old body

This is why adulting sucks. The only relevant discussion topic is health issues. And bills sometimes XD
Where is the joy of life or something?! ^^
You know the sick thing?? Ever since I started using a budgeting app and keeping super good track of my bills, I've started treating responsible spending like a game I can win??? It's awful. My parents, of course, are thrilled.

There's joy! I've been able to stow away plenty of money to take a trip to Disney when things are better, and I get to spend on cosplays and treat myself to conventions. Kinda made this year suck since all that is my joy, but...aye, that's why there's Animal Crossing! lol

Also lol, Pith Pith , at least you're WINNING! xD

Yay! That's better XD

This year put an end to my big cosplay project for which I learned to play an instrument specifically. well not really, but it was added bonus because the instrument would go with cosplay
And I'm saving money for a trip too, whenever it becomes available! Until then I'll just keep learning my instrument XD

ouch. I hope you're feeling better now!
my back is much better, yes - thanks to ✨ pain meds✨ lol
but now i have a v nasty ear infection
its just one thing after another thanks to being a cancer survivor ✌ i pick up everything

There's joy! I've been able to stow away plenty of money to take a trip to Disney when things are better, and I get to spend on cosplays and treat myself to conventions. Kinda made this year suck since all that is my joy, but...aye, that's why there's Animal Crossing! lol

Also lol, Pith Pith , at least you're WINNING! xD
maaaaatteee yesssssssss! i've spent so much money on kpop albums, cricut tools and a thermomix. living the high life when u get excited about kitchen appliances!

my back is much better, yes - thanks to ✨ pain meds✨ lol
but now i have a v nasty ear infection
its just one thing after another thanks to being a cancer survivor ✌ i pick up everything
oof. But you are awesome, you can survive it all! I wish you all the best.

Onmyoji Onmyoji -- what are you cosplaying?! What instrument?
The character I have on my avatar XD He plays guqin, and I'm learning it too. Would be fun to play the real instrument when I get a chance to actually cosplay!
Although I really love the instrument and I'm learning it seriously, not just to make a pretty photo with it once and drop it. XD Not sure I'll ever get to performance level but who knows?! Maybe in 20 years you'll hear about me XD

Onmyoji Onmyoji
yoooo that's so cool you're actually learning the guqin! This was also a good reminder for me to check Mercari for Xue Yang stuff. Because I am a responsible adult who definitely uses my money wisely.

Lucyfer Lucyfer
TRUE and I do like winning things. oh man I super wanna go to Disney, but I have a feeling even without the money factor it's going to be a while before I feel safe going into super crowded places. And I wanna go during Halloween to catch all the good villain stuff. <3

weldherwings weldherwings
KITCHEN SHIT IS THE BEST. Also, a good vacuum? Fewer things give me greater joy. Which, again, little sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back