Chitchat Old People Chat (25+)

Pith

something pithy and clever
I realized I am a Senior Fucking Citizen among The Youth here, where my other 25+ people at so we can complain about shitty healthcare, and taxes, and our hips?

Hahaha, I stayed in a hospital for a week to save my life and am waiting for my two health insurances to cover as much as they can before I heft the remaining bill. It was around $10k before I submitted the claims. :D

Not to mention the minor ankle surgery I needed two months ago, which was around $7k before making claims.

GROSS urgh I swear hospital visits are the WORST, and looks like you're getting more than your fair share.

I went so long without healthcare that I never go in even now that I have it. My huge fair is they're going to find heckin' cancer or something, and to try and establish a primary care physician in all this mess? (imagine I'm gesturing around me, as if regarding the world in general)

How else goes Adulting, Fellow Old?

Haha, yup. I feel that. I only finally starting seeing docs this year because I was briefly active duty for the National Guard in response to the pandemic in my state. Active duty means healthcare that basically covers everything. Buuut, I wasn't able to schedule the ankle surgery until after I got off orders and so not-so-great now. -.- But yeah, I've been told many times this year that I should really get a primary care physician. Yet, I'm traveling at the end of this month to another state for military training and won't be back until early March. So like, why bother with one now? *facepalm*

Hm, healthcare aside, just the usual stress of packing up my apartment to move out next week. I will not miss this place at all. I will never share an apartment with roommates again. Idc how expensive it is to live alone, I just can't do it anymore.

Hbu? What's the latest for ya?

I totally get that one;; I mean, if you're going to be doing military training you'll have like, military doctors and healthcare, right? Makes more sense to me to establish someone when you get back, but that's assuming you'll actually do it at that point.

I take it back, packing is actually the worst. Which I say because I'm still packing and unpacking my own apartment, though I'm being really lazy about it because I don't need to be out till the end of the month. I got a house last month (??!) and we're still like, unpacking, and cleaning, and figuring out where shit needs to go, and it's just A Lot.

I mean...military doctors are just absolute shit to be frank lol. I tried to establish a primary care manager on-base earlier this year because I've had pneumonia three times in my life already and I worry my lungs are damaged from it all (each case lasted at least a whole month). The idiot PCM I was assigned tricked me into agreeing I was having chest pain (after all, your lungs are in your chest) and proceeded to make me run around doing these unnecessary heart tests. Then my orders were almost ending by the time we finished all of that BS, so she waved me off and said there was nothing wrong. All because x-rays of my lungs only showed consistant inflammation that could just be allergies. facedesk

Yeah, so free healthcare is always great...until you can't see proper doctors for it. As for establishing a primary physician back home, I plan on moving to another city next year after the training, so not much to be done until I get settled there.

Oh hey, congrats on the house, though! I plan on buying one in 2-3 years. ^^ I absolutely look forward to getting out of the rental life because I know I'm just wasting my money on someone else's lease.
Still, I totally understand that kinda headache. I helped my parents set up a new vacation home about two months ago and it really is stressful sorting everything out. I thankfully don't have any furniture outside of my bedroom in this apartment, so it's really just getting my crap in boxes and labeling them. I hired a moving company to get everything out and into a storage unit for me.

asdkjfh noooo goddamn, it's already a shit job (too dangerous for my tastes, at least), being military should at least provide you with some decent healthcare. That's such BS. One day. One day you will have a decent doctor.

Haha, thanks! It all happened really fast, and I know it's going to be a lot of work to fix and maintain everything, but I love the building overall and I'm living with my bestest best friend practically my wife, and also her husband, who I like and we work in similar fields. They're good people and we have a lot of similar habits, plus they basically furnished my house because I have jack all for furniture!
Good luck with yours, I hope that process goes as smooth as mine did. My realtor and banker were invaluable, sending me really polite emails and reminder texts when my dumb ass forgot to sign really important things.

Does this mean I'm not allowed :c
I mean, it's a forum, I can't "not allow" people, I don't run it. But I did make this thread to find people who are a bit older, since I'm realizing the average user's age on this site is... younger than me.

You'd be pretty surprised. I, uhh...can't find many people my age in the same state as me. And I've only found two other sixteen-year-olds (other than me, obviously).
I mean, it's a forum, I can't "not allow" people, I don't run it. But I did make this thread to find people who are a bit older, since I'm realizing the average user's age on this site is... younger than me.

You'd be pretty surprised. I, uhh...can't find many people my age in the same state as me. And I've only found two other sixteen-year-olds (other than me, obviously).
Maybe it's just my luck that I keep finding people like 10+ years younger than me; Though since it's all online I don't really care about where anyone is from.

I realized I am a Senior Fucking Citizen among The Youth here, where my other 25+ people at so we can complain about shitty healthcare, and taxes, and our hips?
As far as health care goes I am pretty much relegated to keeping any job that offers decent healthcare. Without it, I would have to cough up 7K every eight weeks for the infusions I need that keep my immune system in check. What a pain in the ass, seriously. I'd like to find something less stressful but unless you work for some fancy company then you are fucked in the health insurance butt. lmao...uhg.

As far as health care goes I am pretty much relegated to keeping any job that offers decent healthcare. Without it, I would have to cough up 7K every eight weeks for the infusions I need that keep my immune system in check. What a pain in the ass, seriously. I'd like to find something less stressful but unless you work for some fancy company then you are fucked in the health insurance butt. lmao...uhg.
god ain't that the truth, truly. Anyone with an ongoing condition is screwed several ways sideways when it comes to healthcare coverage, and the rest of us I think are just praying we don't get to that point (and probably ignoring our general health in the meantime;;

welcome to oldpeoplesville, please, regale us with your additional senior citizen woes!

If there are people in their 40s or older on this fuckin' site they're going to KILL me
lmao, you seem cool enough. I'm sure the worst that would happen is getting a stern talking-to. Besides, you could probably outrun them, usually, you can smell the mothballs and Werther's originals from 50 yards. That ought to give you a really good head start. XD XD XD

lmao, you seem cool enough. I'm sure the worst that would happen is getting a stern talking-to. Besides, you could probably outrun them, usually, you can smell the mothballs and Werther's originals from 50 yards. That ought to give you a really good head start. XD XD XD
god no not a stern talking to, being told someone is disappointed in me is the WORST...!!
True enough, and the creak of old bones is like the sound of the reaper coming around the corner, that's a warning in itself. I'm at a disadvantage now that we're in Spooky Season, but still.

tenor.gif

Hahaha, my 50-year-old parents love to remind me that I should basically not be making any frivolous purchases until I'm in my 30s, if that. I got chided for deciding to get a $3 coffee instead of drinking the free coffee at a hotel that tasted like absolute shit.

Hahaha, my 50-year-old parents love to remind me that I should basically not be making any frivolous purchases until I'm in my 30s, if that. I got chided for deciding to get a $3 coffee instead of drinking the free coffee at a hotel that tasted like absolute shit.
urgh, I know this feeling all that well. in an absolutely juvenile power move a few years back, after my parents chewed me out for my financials irresponsibility I just went out and bought a switch. jokes on them, that thing's getting me through quarantine.

urgh, I know this feeling all that well. in an absolutely juvenile power move a few years back, after my parents chewed me out for my financials irresponsibility I just went out and bought a switch. jokes on them, that thing's getting me through quarantine.
XD

I finally bought a gaming PC that I've wanted for nearly 9 years. I was making bank while activated in the National Guard this year and saved the money for it. My parents would weep if they knew how much it cost me. (a little over $2k lol).

XD

I finally bought a gaming PC that I've wanted for nearly 9 years. I was making bank while activated in the National Guard this year and saved the money for it. My parents would weep if they knew how much it cost me. (a little over $2k lol).
That's the cost of a good computer and a VERY solid investment, well done. I'm actually saving for just the same thing! Got $1000 squirreled away for it, just..... a few more months of saving to go. OTL
As long as your bills are getting paid and you have something saved for emergencies (or at least have a reliable safety net) then heck, retail therapy all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back